Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? (1382 Views)

Maureen Badejo To Pay Daniel Olukoya 6-figure Damages - Court Orders In London / God Is Well-suited For A Rational Explanation For Creation / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
Is Daddy Freeze the only rational religious figure in Nigeria?

I just watched this video of him. He makes sense. He mentions the fuel queues, the minimum wages of various countries. Great preaching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3b2Q53a3pQ

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by sonofluc1fer: 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
Probably the first.

The rest preach that rationality is of the flesh. Trust not in flesh.

1 Like

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Probably the first.

The rest preach that rationality is of the flesh. Trust not in flesh.
grin grin

Oh I realize my mistake. He may actually be the first

2 Likes

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by OtemAtum: 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nature is really using Freeze to achieve the mind evolution that is ongoing in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Soon the sheeple will start using their brains. It's the era of brain-using. I love Freeze every bit.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
He is really a progressive religious man. He has an insight I would not have expected him to have.

I, as a former pentecostal pastor, must recognize his brand of christianity is sound.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by boringnigerian: 3:22am On Dec 26, 2017
I wouldn't say he's the last or first. He's just the only one so far that Nigerians have listened to, even those that don't agree with what he says. All the others, Nigerians have ignored.

1 Like

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by lekkie073(m): 8:41am On Dec 26, 2017
He is not a religious figure. He is more of a non-conformist when it comes to issues that intertwine religious views and reality.

1 Like

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2017
lekkie073:
He is not a religious figure. He is more of a non-conformist when it comes to issues that intertwine religious views and reality.
He is definitely a religious figure. I did not say spiritual, I said religious.

He has followership, he preaches, has influence, explains the bible. I do not see any reason why He would not considered a religion figure. He was even named among the most influential religious figures of nigeria in 2017 in some magazine I saw online.

1 Like

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Ishilove: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2017
LoJ:

He has followership, he preaches, has influence, explains the bible. I do not see any reason why He would not considered a religion figure. He was even named among the most influential religious figures of nigeria in 2017 in some magazine I saw online.
There you have it. I can't take the ratings of a 2 penny internet rag
Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by lekkie073(m): 10:32am On Dec 26, 2017
LoJ:

before the advent of his tithe-related outcry, ha us not known to discus religious dogmas.
Followership.... Dat is based on his profession as a presenter
He preaches..... Where exactly does he do dat? In cool FM?
Has influence...... Even some unreligious people do have influence
Explains d bible..... Anybody can explain d bible. U don't have to be religious to do that.
Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 26, 2017
Ishilove:

There you have it. I can't take the ratings of a 2 penny internet rag
Is it Pulse you call internet rag? Please name the better ones and state your criterion.

http://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/pulse-list-most-influential-religious-leaders-of-2017-id7722114.html

Whether you agree with Freeze views or not, the guy has been very influential. All the major Pastors in Nigeria spoke to him or about him, so what else do you need?

1 Like

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2017
lekkie073:
before the advent of his tithe-related outcry, ha us not known to discus religious dogmas.
Followership.... Dat is based on his profession as a presenter
He preaches..... Where exactly does he do dat? In cool FM?
Has influence...... Even some unreligious people do have influence
Explains d bible..... Anybody can explain d bible. U don't have to be religious to do that.
Everyone becomes influential because of a single act. Did anybody know about Martin Luther (the german) before the 95 thesis of the Wutenberg? Was the american society aware of Dr King jr. before his outcry against social injustice and discrimination?

He preaches online (Instagram and youtube live videos) viewed by thousands. You dont need a church building in order to be influential. Davido recently agreed to join his TAP challenge, and that is not a small feat.

All the major preachers of nigeria, except but a few, spoke to him and about him, directly and indirectly. That is influence in the religious sphere.

Anybody can explain the Bible indeed. He does so not any worse than Adeboye or Suleiman.

1 Like

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by lekkie073(m): 11:25am On Dec 26, 2017
LoJ:

Everyone becomes influential because of a single act. Did anybody know about Martin Luther (the german) before the 95 thesis of the Wutenberg? Was the american society aware of Dr King jr. before his outcry against social injustice and discrimination?

He preaches online (Instagram and youtube live videos) viewed by thousands. You dont need a church building in order to be influential. Davido recently agreed to join his TAP challenge, and that is not a small feat.

All the major preachers of nigeria, except but a few, spoke to him and about him, directly and indirectly. That is influence in the religious sphere.

Anybody can explain the Bible indeed. He does so not any worse than Adeboye or Suleiman.
am not disputing his influential figure. But referring to him as a religious figure is not it. All d major preachers spoke to Buhari and about Buhari doesn't make Buhari a religious figure.
Talking rationally about a singular controversial aspect of a religion doesn't make u a religious figure. And by the way tithing has always been a controversial issue. Freeze only used his profession as a presenter to make it more popular
Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 26, 2017
lekkie073:
am not disputing his influential figure. But referring to him as a religious figure is not it. All d major preachers spoke to Buhari and about Buhari doesn't make Buhari a religious figure.
Talking rationally about a singular controversial aspect of a religion doesn't make u a religious figure. And by the way tithing has always been a controversial issue. Freeze only used his profession as a presenter to make it more popular

- They (the prophets) did not talk to Buhari in virtue of his religious positions/opinions, but as a (potential) head of state of the nation.

- Freeze spoke (and still speaks) about various religious issues and dogmas. He spoke about Glossolalia and xenoglossia, about universalism ( the theology of universal salvation/reconciliation with God through love), about Biblical inerrancy, about prophecy and prophets, about divorce and remariage, about the new covenant, about the worship in spirit and truth, etc. Did you really research the guy? Dont limit yourself to what he does in cool fm (which I hardly listen to for obvious reasons). And don't limit yourself to the tithing issue.

Will you say Adelaja is not a religious figure because he now teaches in online videos? Or that Uber is not a transportation because it has no car?

- The same could be said about Ghandi, King, and so on. They were never the first to stir up the controversy, but someone always brings it to the forefront.

1 Like

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by paxonel(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
FREEZE IS CERTAINLY THE ONLY RATIONAL RELIGIOUS FIGURE IN NIGERIA FOR NOW. ALL OTHERS ARE GRADUALLY LOOSING THEIR GRIP OF THE TRUTH BECAUSE THEY WANT TO PREACH WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR, PERHAPS SATISFYING PEOPLE'S ITCHING EARS FETCH THEM SO MUCH WEALTH THEY ARE NOT READY TO LET GO BY SPEAKING THE TRUTH.
Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2018
Hello loj. Wish to get in touch with you most especially if you are into ict at any level in any aspect. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
HardMirror:
Hello loj. Wish to get in touch with you most especially if you are into ict at any level in any aspect. Thanks
Hello. See your pm.
Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2018
LoJ:

Hello. See your pm.
mailed my contact to you. I cant access the email i used for this accnt
Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
HardMirror:
mailed my contact to you. I cant access the email i used for this accnt
please send me a new pm. The old email was no longer active. I edited my profile.
Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2018
LoJ:
please send me a new pm. The old email was no longer active. I edited my profile.

contact.com
Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
HardMirror:
contact.com
Thanks
Re: Is He The Last Rational Religious Figure Of Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
LoJ:

Sorry I could not see any useful contact. Write here: sar.com
got it, you can edit your mail out of you post. Thnx

(1) (Reply)

Odumeje Thelionhimself Beaten By Police For Touching Gov Of Kano State / Stop Saying Good Morning Jesus Because Jesus-apostle Johnson Suleman / Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.