Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,341 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers (771 Views)

Currently Hiring - 3 Content Writers For Versatile Content / [CLOSED] We're Hiring 3 Competent Tech/business Article Writers / 3 Writers Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by ThatCEO: 7:20am On Dec 26, 2017
It's our vision to encourage more original content on the Nigerian news and entertainment scene and we are searching for writers with the same mindset.

Ideal Candidate
1. Good comprehension skills as all news article will be rewritten. . We are not paying writers to copy and paste, otherwise, we can do that ourselves.

2. Ability to craft headlines that will grab attention.

3. Good pictures only, we shall provide picture compression tools n filter tools.

4. All posts MUST have pictures, and you must censor X-rated pics at the chest and around the bum ONLY.

5. Ideal candidate should not be religious, political, or tribal bias. If our content will affect your views, it's better not to apply.

Roles
1. Africa (SA, Zim, Kenya)/world correspondent. (5 news)
Focus on trending news that will grab attention.

2. Instagram/Twitter and FB. (5 news)
Hot news on our social scene. Could also come from around the world.

3. Nigeria/local (6 news)
Political, entertainment, gossip ETC. Hot news ONLY.

More details will be provided to shortlisted people.

Qualification
University students or graduates who want to grow with us. Not ideal for secondary school leavers.

Experience
We strongly encourage raw talents. However, previous blogging experience is a plus and we will provide grammar checking tools for candidates.

Payment
State your expected salary in the application. But have in mind that we are starting small and we have a salary structure.

Payment increase
Subject to Google Adsense approval and 5k daily unique visitors, all salaries will be increased by 50 to 100 percent( we absolutely reserve the rights to pick a specific percentage increase but it will be within that range).

What we absolutely don't want
Don't use a software to rewrite our news. I will fish it out.

Deadline
January 10th Ideally.

How to
Send an email to admin@1moregist.com, write the role you are applying for on the title.
Send a CV, previous writing jobs or portfolio and a 350 word article on why you are the best fit for the role you are applying.

Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 26, 2017
@Op...You are an idiot! Na only God go punish you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by pweetiedee(m): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2017
ThatCEO:
It's our vision to encourage more original content on the Nigerian news and entertainment scene and we are searching for writers with the same mindset.

Ideal Candidate
1. Good comprehension skills as all news article will be rewritten. We won't tolerate plagiarism, and we can check if you merely copied with our premium plagiarism tool. We are not paying writers to copy and paste, otherwise, we can do that ourselves.

2. Ability to craft headlines that will grab attention.

3. Good pictures only, we shall provide picture compression tools n filter tools.

4. All posts MUST have pictures, and you must censor X-rated pics at the chest and around the bum ONLY.

5. Ideal candidate should not be religious, political, or tribal bias. If our content will affect your views, it's better not to apply.

Roles
1. Africa (SA, Zim, Kenya)/world correspondent. (5 news)
Focus on trending news that will grab attention.

2. Instagram/Twitter and FB. (5 news)
Hot news on our social scene. Could also come from around the world.

3. Nigeria/local (6 news)
Political, entertainment, gossip ETC. Hot news ONLY.

More details will be provided to shortlisted people.

Qualification
1.University students or graduates who want to grow with us. Not ideal for secondary school leavers.
2. Only good English.
3. Short sentences.
4. Don't bore the reader.
5. Strong focus on the visuals.
6. Basic SEO skills.
7. Posting one news article on selected high authority website.

Experience
We strongly encourage raw talents. However, previous blogging experience is a plus and we will provide grammar checking tools for candidates.

Payment
1. #8500 per month.
2. #5000 monthly compensation to the writer who we deem to have performed best for that month. (We strictly reserve this right.)

Payment increase
Subject to Google Adsense approval and 5k daily unique visitors, all salaries will be increased by 50 to 100 percent( we absolutely reserve the rights to pick a specific percentage increase but it will be within that range).

What we absolutely don't want
Don't use a software to rewrite our news. I will fish it out!

Deadline
January 10th Ideally.

How to
Send an email to admin@1moregist.com, write the role you are applying for on the title.
Send a CV, previous writing jobs or portfolio and a 350 word article on why you are the best fit for the role you are applying.

Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

don't let me place a curse on you during this joyous season.

Even a JSS3 student can't accept that pay.

Better handle ur blog yourself.

3 Likes

Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by ThatCEO: 9:25am On Dec 26, 2017
Effiezynews:
@Op...You are an idiot! Na only God go punish you!

Calm down bro, we need to pay something we can sustain. People pay higher, others pay lower, but all monies will be reviewed upwards as we make more progress.

Content writing is useless if nobody reads it, so we focus more on marketing n making the site load fast for now, hence, why we have to pay that price for now.

1. Siteground hosting don't come cheap,
2. premium WordPress is something,
3. logo design, n video intro.
4. content curation (I am not depending only on what the writers have alone).
5. still need to add more sections to website along the way which means more writers and have to be able to sustain our expansion.
6. Social media engagement contents.
7. Proofreading n plagiarism software
8. Premium Image compression plugin.
9. Android app development with maintenance.
10. Other premium plugins including planned give aways in the coming months.
11. The time I will spend on these things is actually my greatest investment because I will shelving other money making jobs to push the website forward.

I could as well hide the salary to avoid people like you, but I am a transparent guy and people should know exactly what they are getting into right from day one.

P.S Every business needs to starts small even your modds on NL had to. So, calm down, pass on the job if you are not interested or register a free domain. A lot have been invested n will be invested in the website, content is important but it's actually a little portion of puzzle.
Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by ThatCEO: 10:02am On Dec 26, 2017
pweetiedee:

don't let me place a curse on you during this joyous season.

oloriburuku sumbori.

Even a JSS3 student can't accept that pay.

Fool. Better handle ur blog yourself. Obo Idanre.

You could have passed your point rather resorting to insults. And I can't start trading insults with you, you are not worth my time.

Moreover, you also posted jobs here but you never mention how much you pay, but quick to run your mouth because I was transparent.

I will take out the salary info, after all, every other person does d same.

1 Like

Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by pweetiedee(m): 10:12am On Dec 26, 2017
ThatCEO:

You could have passed your point rather resorting to insults. And I can't start trading insults with you, you are not worth my time.

Moreover, you also posted jobs here but you never mention how much you pay, but quick to run your mouth because I was transparent.

I will take out the salary info, after all, every other person does d same.

Just do the job yourself.
Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by ThatCEO: 10:31am On Dec 26, 2017
pweetiedee:

Just do the job yourself.

It's a lot of work on the back end, and I need people on the front to get the news out.

The salary can be flexible (but not too much) for the right candidates. And it will constantly be reviewed after we reach certain milestone which we will set right from the beginning.

We need to run a robust FB fan page n every thing on FB now is money. They are still reviewing the ad I paid for yesterday, and I have to sponsor FB ads to boost our page. More people on FB will translate to more people on the blog. And I have to schedule about 500 videos over 3 months to increase audience engagement. There is Google plus, Twitter n IG. I know it doesn't look fair from the beginning, but I am doing everything possible to ensure that we can quickly start paying people what they truly deserve in the shortest period.

So, I am asking interested persons, to join us and grow with us.

2 Likes

Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by pweetiedee(m): 11:15am On Dec 26, 2017
ThatCEO:

It's a lot of work on the back end, and I need people on the front to get the news out.

The salary can be flexible (but not too much) for the right candidates. And it will constantly be reviewed after we reach certain milestone which we will set right from the beginning.

We need to run a robust FB fan page n every thing on FB now is money. They are still reviewing the ad I paid for yesterday, and I have to sponsor FB ads to boost our page. More people on FB will translate to more people on the blog. And I have to schedule about 500 videos over 3 months to increase audience engagement. There is Google plus, Twitter n IG. I know it doesn't look fair from the beginning, but I am doing everything possible to ensure that we can quickly start paying people what they truly deserve in the shortest period.

So, I am asking interested persons, to join us and grow with us.

honestly, no one will do a good job for you with that pay... or let me say you may find it hard getting someone to do a good job for u with d pay.
Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by adolf444: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
Bro I'll advise you to sit down write your articles yourself, try it at least a month and can come back to tell how how the ministry is moving.
Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by Timmylehyn(m): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2017
ThatCEO:

Calm down bro, we need to pay something we can sustain. People pay higher, others pay lower, but all monies will be reviewed upwards as we make more progress.

Content writing is useless if nobody reads it, so we focus more on marketing n making the site load fast for now, hence, why we have to pay that price for now.

1. Siteground hosting don't come cheap,
2. premium WordPress is something,
3. logo design, n video intro.
4. content curation (I am not depending only on what the writers have alone).
5. still need to add more sections to website along the way which means more writers and have to be able to sustain our expansion.
6. Social media engagement contents.
7. Proofreading n plagiarism software
8. Premium Image compression plugin.
9. Android app development with maintenance.
10. Other premium plugins including planned give aways in the coming months.
11. The time I will spend on these things is actually my greatest investment because I will shelving other money making jobs to push the website forward.

I could as well hide the salary to avoid people like you, but I am a transparent guy and people should know exactly what they are getting into right from day one.

P.S Every business needs to starts small even your modds on NL had to. So, calm down, pass on the job if you are not interested or register a free domain. A lot have been invested n will be invested in the website, content is important but it's actually a little portion of puzzle.

Oga, this one na story na.
All these plugins and premium wordpress stuffs plus the rest ain't up to 500 dollars in a year!
You'll definitely get writers. Nigeria is a country like China where you can get people to work with you even with the lowest of pay.
However, you definitely won't get an experienced Writer. You won't find a top quality writer either. You might have to provide your writers with grammar checkers such as Grammarly to avoid massive disrespect to concord in all your content.
Take my advice.
I work with blogs and I must say, you're paying less than 1/3 of the standard amount. However, you don't have to defend your pay.
All the best to your blog.

1 Like

Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by ThatCEO: 9:19am On Dec 27, 2017
Timmylehyn:

Oga, this one na story na.
All these plugins and premium wordpress stuffs plus the rest ain't up to 500 dollars in a year!
You'll definitely get writers. Nigeria is a country like China where you can get people to work with you even with the lowest of pay.
However, you definitely won't get an experienced Writer. You won't find a top quality writer either. You might have to provide your writers with grammar checkers such as Grammarly to avoid massive disrespect to concord in all your content.
Take my advice.
I work with blogs and I must say, you're paying less than 1/3 of the standard amount. However, you don't have to defend your pay.
All the best to your blog.

Thanks bro, well, at the end of the day, everyone will get what is fair. There is another way to get people what is fair. That's why the price is now open, people can now tell what they expect n we can make the necessary adjustments.

1 Like

Re: 1moregist.com (under Construction) Is Hiring 3 Writers by Timmylehyn(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
ThatCEO:

Thanks bro, well, at the end of the day, everyone will get what is fair. There is another way to get people what is fair. That's why the price is now open, people can now tell what they expect n we can make the necessary adjustments.

Cool.

You can reach me when you have a nice offer.

All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy!! Vacancy!! / Human Resource / Urgent: Crane Operator Needed - Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.