Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. (618 Views)

Deputy Senate President: Election Begins As Ekweremadu Locks Horns With OmoAgege / AIG Adamu Lafia Has Emerged As The New Acting IGP - Dele Momodu / George Weah Has Won The Liberia Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by Sent4rina: 10:53am On Dec 27, 2017
Johannesburg - Retired footballer George Weah has won the elections in Liberia to become that country's 25th president. The senator of Montserrado County - once named Fifa World Player and winner of the much coveted Ballon d'or - defeated his 73-year-old opponent Vice President Joseph Boakai in a landslide victory in results announcedin Liberia on Wednesday morning."I am deeply grateful to my family, my friends, and my loyal supporters who contributed to our campaign during this extremely long election season," Weah said on Twitter before the results were announced.Weah is set to replace Africa’s first female head of state, economist and Nobel Peace Prize winner Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, and see the West African nation, founded by freed American slaves, hand over power from one democratically elected government to another. African News Agency/ANA
Re: George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by bkool7(m): 11:02am On Dec 27, 2017
Re: George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by ufuosman(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2017
Congrats to him
Re: George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by Kenzico(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2017
Pictures!!
Re: George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by Damian077: 11:27am On Dec 27, 2017
Former soccer star George Weah is Liberia's new president
2017/12/27 10:27:15iol.co.za

Johannesburg - Retired footballer George Weah has won the elections in Liberia to become that country's 25th president.

The senator of Montserrado County - once named Fifa World Player and winner of the much coveted Ballon d'or - defeated his 73-year-old opponent Vice President Joseph Boakai in a landslide victory in results announced in Liberia on Wednesday morning.

"I am deeply grateful to my family, my friends, and my loyal supporters who contributed to our campaign during this extremely long election season," Weah said on Twitter before the results were announced.

Weah is set to replace Africa’s first female head of state, economist and Nobel Peace Prize winner Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, and see the West African nation, founded by freed American slaves, hand over power from one democratically elected government to another.

African News Agency/ANA
Re: George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by DONSMITH123(m): 11:29am On Dec 27, 2017
Congratulations Weah.. New ERA
Re: George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by ayatt(m): 11:31am On Dec 27, 2017
congrats to him
Re: George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2017
Kk
Re: George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by IamPatriotic(m): 11:42am On Dec 27, 2017
big congrats to him, can the likes of Taribo, Okocha, Kuna, Finidi, Adepoju etc, repeat this laudable feat in Nigeria?
Re: George Weah Emerged As The Winner Of The Liberia President Election. by Mynd44: 11:49am On Dec 27, 2017

(1)

Be Sincere! How Would You Fix Nigeria If You Were The President? / Breaking:"vice President And Presidential Task Forces" / Herdsmen Terrorism---continuation Of Politics By Other Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.