Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,532 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing (16923 Views)

What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) / What D Difference Between 2005-2007 Corolla Ce Le Xle Xrs / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by akunaedemoses: 5:09am On Feb 02, 2018
Can somebody pls tell me d difference and benefits of doing alignment and wheel balancing!
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Samusu(m): 5:50am On Feb 02, 2018
What is the difference between yhur legs and yhur joints?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by ibkgab001: 5:59am On Feb 02, 2018
You will know by the time you are fined 3k by Frsc

5 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by holytribe(m): 6:07am On Feb 02, 2018
ibkgab001:
You will know by the time you are fined 3k by Frsc

Bad guy

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 02, 2018
akunaedemoses:
Can somebody pls tell me d difference and benefits of doing alignment and wheel balancing!

If you have access to Nairaland then you have access to Google.

Good day.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by hisgrace090: 7:09am On Feb 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Good day.

Good answer.

18 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 02, 2018
Very good thread.
Waiting for the experts!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 02, 2018
Very good thread.
Experts please......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by coalcoal1(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2018
Google is your friend

4 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Onisokuso1(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2018
akunaedemoses:
cheesy
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by jeeqaa7(m): 7:38am On Feb 02, 2018
I need to know too
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Kimikazi2: 7:40am On Feb 02, 2018
Where is autojosh?
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by GideonIdaboh(f): 7:40am On Feb 02, 2018
The essence of this platform i believe is to share ideas. Most of you rebuffing the OP have no knowledge of the subject matter but rather than keep shut, they have resorted to spew trash as usual. May sense fall on all of you

184 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by annexes: 7:40am On Feb 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Good day.
savage 101

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by HomesOfLife(m): 7:40am On Feb 02, 2018
Alignment is done to align the tires; while wheel balancing is done to balance the wheels grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by enzojaylini: 7:40am On Feb 02, 2018
Can't you all just help the brother out
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by HomesOfLife(m): 7:41am On Feb 02, 2018
sad
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Biggers82(m): 7:42am On Feb 02, 2018
You don't have a car that's why you are asking a useless question had it been you have a car you will not ask this stupid question biko go buy car poor man like you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by dmltoyin(m): 7:42am On Feb 02, 2018
Wheel alignment and Wheel Balancing are two totally different things, but many people often get them confused. In a nutshell, wheel alignment consists of adjusting the angles of the wheels so that they are perpendicular to the ground and parallel to each other. The purpose of these adjustments is maximum tire life and a vehicle that tracks straight and true when driving along a straight and level road. Wheel Balancing, on the other hand allows the tires and wheels to spin without causing any vibrations. This is accomplished by checking for any heavy spots on the wheel-tire combination and compensating for it by placing a measured lead weight on the opposite site of the wheel from where the heavy spot is.

197 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Iruobean(m): 7:43am On Feb 02, 2018
F
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by favourmic(m): 7:43am On Feb 02, 2018
very simple nah Alignment is like assignment eg have you alignment your work....... as for wheel balancing is like a tire that you try to balance when moving...

dont quote me biko
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by 12submarine(m): 7:43am On Feb 02, 2018
enzojaylini:
Can't you all just help the brother out
I wonder o. The op is not alone, I'm also interested.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by skyfada: 7:43am On Feb 02, 2018
Wheel balancing is done on the tire wheels to minimize tire vibrations while alignment is done through the tyrod to straighten the tire position in alignment with the steering wheels.

10 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by highchief1: 7:43am On Feb 02, 2018
Biggers82:
You don't have a car that's why you are asking a useless question had it been you have a car you will not ask this stupid question biko go buy car poor man like you
lets c ur garage u think cos u have a rickety tiny light u have cars?see my moniker

4 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by GeoOla25(m): 7:44am On Feb 02, 2018
Ask Buhari
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by SIRKAY98(m): 7:44am On Feb 02, 2018
When tires are fitted to wheels at the point of sale, they are measured again on a balancing machine, and correction weights are applied to counteract the combined effect of the tire and wheel unbalance. After sale, tires may be rebalanced if driver perceives excessive vibration.

5 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Ezigboune: 7:44am On Feb 02, 2018
People behaving as if they know it all, not proper
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Audina: 7:44am On Feb 02, 2018
Nawaoh so someone can't ask questions and get a good reply?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by GideonIdaboh(f): 7:46am On Feb 02, 2018
Biggers82:

I have a car for 3 years now and i didnt know of it till late last year. So what you saying?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by dapsoneh: 7:46am On Feb 02, 2018
K
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by GideonIdaboh(f): 7:47am On Feb 02, 2018
Ezigboune:
People behaving as if they know it all, not proper
I'm telling you. Very mumu people just pack themselves in to derail the thread

3 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by lonelydora: 7:47am On Feb 02, 2018
I can bet 70% car owners do not know the difference.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reving Up Car Engine Before Switching Off / 7 Frequent Braking Problems You Should Never Ignore / Driving Rules In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.