Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. (17004 Views)

US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria / Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures / A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
Xbee007:

Glorified Spitfire that tormented FARC rebels in Colombia. They literally sh*t themselves at the sight of the plane. Talibans piss themselves at the thought of that plane. The Mautes terrorist group of Philippines knows nothing makes their journey to the "72 virgins" faster than an A29. Just pray you don't be at the receiving end of that warplane.
Spare me that BullSh1t, why didn't the Colombian government win the war? The signed a truce because both sides became war weary, if not for the truce, the war can go on for another 50 years, which will make it 100 years of fighting, A well placed RPG shot brings that bird down. Keep on gloating about mere scraps. What happened to the Chengdus or Sukhois from China and Russia?
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2017
deomelllo:

I wish you posted the beginning of the Wikipedia page you culled this image from. I know about Jets more than you do, I even wanted to make a home made jet engine, only that money and time are not my friends, but I have been gathering materials, especially old turbo chargers.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by slimthugchimee(m): 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
dometome:
I wish you posted the beginning of the Wikipedia page you culled this image from. I know about Jets more than you do, I even wanted to make a home made jet engine, only that money and time are not my friends, but I have been gathering materials, especially old turbo chargers.

Home made jet engines?? when countries import a lot of jet engines to make their jets
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by JavaKonjo: 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
the Super Tucanos, sensors, training and support, is valued at $564 million

$564 MILLION FOR 12 PROPELLER TRAINER AIRCRAFT?
That cost only $9million a piece in the real world.

Only Nigerian Govt will pay so much for so less, and thump their chest.
9 months from now they will be rotting at NAF Zaria
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Adminisher: 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
JavaKonjo:
the Super Tucanos, sensors, training and support, is valued at $564 million

$564 MILLION FOR 12 PROPELLER TRAINER AIRCRAFT?
That cost only $9million a piece in the real world.

Only Nigerian Govt will pay so much for so less, and thump their chest.
9 months from now they will be rotting at NAF Zaria

Your "cost in the real world" is wikipedia price.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by deomelllo: 12:04am On Dec 29, 2017
[s]
dometome:
This is a glorified spit fire, what is the use of a turbo prop airplane? I even posted a picture that is better that the one you posted, the Alpha jets you people use now is actually better than this spit fire.
[/s]

Stop boring me with your silly ipob illiterate nonsense.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by objobj: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
I know many illiterates will celebrate this and it is already happening. At a time that countries are making their own war equipment, we are still buying from everywhere.

How would any sane person celebrate that a country agreed to sell ammunition to you? Are they giving you for free? Is it not your money that you are spending to buy? Who wouldn't want to sell to build his economy? So you celebrate expenditure while your client laugh at you foolishness because he is making serious income. I won't be surprised that nations that sell ammunition, one way or the would provide backing to terrorism since it is equivalent to making sales. Slave is in the mentality.

I think u are the illiterate here
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Xbee007(m): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2017
Jbfranklin:

bro they might be fast but anything prop is kinda odd to me...
a war machine of our present time should have at least evolved...
planes used in they Hitler war though a marvelous invention had great flaws in contrast to speed...
I don't see they reason why our own fighter jets should be so...
from my view point it seems like they just want to dump their old cargos in our country.
propellers are very delicate , if not made with proper materials could break in flight, due to heat expansion it could lead to a catastrophic crash(waste of oil cash)...
though it is fuel efficient...we really need speed in warfare...
I don't think our fighter jet could evade soviet missiles...

well am not they one buying but Nigeria can afford better...
Buhari I don't practically blame you...
you are a good man

I blame those in government with they capability to do things but don't...
What you guys don't understand is that every aircraft has a purpose for which it was built.
Some aircraft are Trainer Aircraft, Interceptors, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Long range bomber, transport aircraft and logistics, Close Air Support, Ground Attack, Fighter Aircraft, Air Superiority Aircraft etc... Some aircrafts have combination of these capabilities hence they are called Multirole Aircrafts. Others with single capability are called Single-role Aircraft.
What if I tell you that the A29 Super Tucano is better than an F16 at what it does?
1. It is used for reconnaissance: it can stay over your head monitoring your movement for several hours without you knowing. It can fly in all whether even at night.
2. It is used for CAS: Every soldier's morale will be boosted knowing that there is an eye in the sky watching over them. They can call for airstrikes within minutes. It is very necessary in war against BHT. We all hear tales of soldiers battling terrorists for several hours without any Air support.
3. It is very cheap: Do you know how much it cost to keep a F16, Rafael, or SU35 in the air per hour? A-29 doesn't even need a standard runway to fly and land. It can land on your village road and remain intact. It average speed is 323mph.
4. It fields modern avionics: It FLIR pods allow it to fly comfortably at night and can see every warm blooded animals with its infrared cameras.
5. Countermeasures: It has countermeasures against incoming threat such as RPGs, guided missiles etc.
It is exactly what we need.

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 9:12am On Dec 29, 2017
dometome:
but this us what you are getting

A turbo prop airplane, aren't you ashamed of yourself? Or you heard Super and thought it was a Lockheed Martin F22 Raptor. This is scrap that the US no longer needs, they give it to you and take millions of $$$. You should be ashamed of yourself. Trump is a business man, he just increased the budget of the US armed forces, and that money will come from somewhere. Chai are you nigerians stupid or just pretending. Buhari should be condemned for this act.

Wouldn't it have been an ego booster and an easy avenue come begging to display your stupidity in the open if were to be the case of Trump turning the down sales of the very same "scrap" as painted?

You guyz foolishness aches and painfully, you all go proud about it like it's nothing to birth some sleeplessness.

Let this be known to you that I AM NOT A DEFENDER OF ANY GOVERNMENT FROM WHATEVER PARTY FOR TO ME, THEY ARE ALL BUNCH OF USELESS HUMAN ENTITIES.

I commend what worth commending.

Nor b me cause una tribal and religion differences so load your problem for head like cargo and stay off my mention oga.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 29, 2017
Story....who be the Nigerians?

What have you done for Nigeria?

dometome:
During the war against us, the weapons that we used were mostly built by us, there were airplanes we converted from civilian use to military use, we refined our own fuel, the SAM we used to scare the Egyptian pilots away and later converted it to Surface to surface missile, which was very disastrous for your armies, then the Ojukwu bucket, list goes on and on, only that we lacked materials to service them as a result of the Blockade, any ways no problem, But my problem is that Nigerians after winning the war, instead of doing like the US did with Nazi engineers began to persecute them, they fled to the US who welcomed them and recruited them into the US army and they contributed to the growth of that country's army. Nigeria no get shame at all.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2017
slimthugchimee:

Home made jet engines?? when countries import a lot of jet engines to make their jets
Go to YouTube and see for yourself you vile african that believes only white people can
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
slimthugchimee:

go to YouTube and see for yourself you vile african that believes only white people can build things.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2017
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

Stop boring me with your silly ipob illiterate nonsense.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! But it is a simple fact.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

Wouldn't it have been an ego booster and an easy avenue come begging to display your stupidity in the open if were to be the case of Trump turning the down sales of the very same "scrap" as painted?

You guyz foolishness aches and painfully, you all go proud about it like it's nothing to birth some sleeplessness.

Let this be known to you that I AM NOT A DEFENDER OF ANY GOVERNMENT FROM WHATEVER PARTY FOR TO ME, THEY ARE ALL BUNCH OF USELESS HUMAN ENTITIES.

I commend what worth commending.

Nor b me cause una tribal and religion differences so load your problem for head like cargo and stay off my mention oga.

Buying scraps and gloating about it is "commendable".
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
Swisscoinng:
Story....who be the Nigerians?

What have you done for Nigeria?

I am a Biafran forced to take up another Identity, I can't accept Nigeria so don't ask me what I can do for her. That question is for you instead.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
I don hear...

You are a Biafran wey dey Nigeria...

...OK, what have you done for Biafra?

dometome:
I am a Biafran forced to take up another Identity, I can't accept Nigeria so don't ask me what I can do for her. That question is for you instead.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Jbfranklin: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2017
Xbee007:

What you guys don't understand is that every aircraft has a purpose for which it was built.
Some aircraft are Trainer Aircraft, Interceptors, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Long range bomber, transport aircraft and logistics, Close Air Support, Ground Attack, Fighter Aircraft, Air Superiority Aircraft etc... Some aircrafts have combination of these capabilities hence they are called Multirole Aircrafts. Others with single capability are called Single-role Aircraft.
What if I tell you that the A29 Super Tucano is better than an F16 at what it does?
1. It is used for reconnaissance: it can stay over your head monitoring your movement for several hours without you knowing. It can fly in all whether even at night.
2. It is used for CAS: Every soldier's morale will be boosted knowing that there is an eye in the sky watching over them. They can call for airstrikes within minutes. It is very necessary in war against BHT. We all hear tales of soldiers battling terrorists for several hours without any Air support.
3. It is very cheap: Do you know how much it cost to keep a F16, Rafael, or SU35 in the air per hour? A-29 doesn't even need a standard runway to fly and land. It can land on your village road and remain intact. It average speed is 323mph.
4. It fields modern avionics: It FLIR pods allow it to fly comfortably at night and can see every warm blooded animals with its infrared cameras.
5. Countermeasures: It has countermeasures against incoming threat such as RPGs, guided missiles etc.
It is exactly what we need.
I do agree with you when it comes they affordability , they price is a wow!..
but you overestimated it .
you said something about they YF-16
well I don't practically agree with your comparison between they super tuncano and YF-16 (well a debate per se) ...YF-16 or any turbo jet driven aircraft is highly and largely greater than your normal
propeller driven jet especially they "Tucano"
in stealth and all they points you laid out in especially air combat trainingthis quote..

I totally agree with you when it comes to affordability
cause that shit cost millions of dollars atleast (34.9mil ) from my last check

an then they maintainance fund

screams a fortune
I am an aircraft fanactic flying is my hobby , I love they air .... even though I don't have they opportunity to fly I still pursue my dream...

I like your interest in planes and would like your advice cause am trying to build one...
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2017
Swisscoinng:
I don hear...

You are a Biafran wey dey Nigeria...

...OK, what have you done for Biafra?

Preached and made my brothers who lost hope about Biafra, regain it, contributed money for the upkeep of IPOB activities, participated in rallys and protests, yet to hurt a single fly.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Xbee007(m): 9:54am On Dec 31, 2017
Jbfranklin:

I do agree with you when it comes they affordability , they price is a wow!..
but you overestimated it .
you said something about they YF-16
well I don't practically agree with your comparison between they super tuncano and YF-16 (well a debate per se) ...YF-16 or any turbo jet driven aircraft is highly and largely greater than your normal
propeller driven jet especially they "Tucano"
in stealth and all they points you laid out in especially air combat trainingthis quote..

I totally agree with you when it comes to affordability
cause that shit cost millions of dollars atleast (34.9mil ) from my last check

an then they maintainance fund

screams a fortune
I am an aircraft fanactic flying is my hobby , I love they air .... even though I don't have they opportunity to fly I still pursue my dream...

I like your interest in planes and would like your advice cause am trying to build one...
Checkout this threads.
https://www.nairaland.com/1386870/african-militaries-security-services-strictly

https://www.nairaland.com/2239266/battle-field-discussion-picture-video

https://www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Just In: No Candidates For APC In Zamfara, INEC Insists / Children Mount Roadblock On Bauchi-Jos Road To Protest Eviction By Army / Buhari’s Administration Has Saved Nigerians From Hunger - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.