Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. (17002 Views)

US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria / Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures / A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by puremind1: 6:53am On Dec 28, 2017
BruncleZuma:
And it will be used in straffing civilians ...my take.
Hell fire awaits the remnants of Ipods and pigs from the land of Biafra. Biafla or death, where ar thou? #whereis cownu? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..........!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by zeusdgrt(m): 6:53am On Dec 28, 2017
Adminisher:
APKWS is the real insurgent / terrorist killer. Cheap, accurate and I am sure NAF is buying them for all aircraft including AW109 Power Chopper, A109 LUH Chopper, L-39 ZA and even AS352. APKWS is certified on all of them.

NAF pilots will soon become the world leaders in flying Super Tucanoes just like they are for Alpha Jets.
When someone who knows speaks we listen,I just wish I had a clue about these u saying.Nice one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by chloride6: 6:53am On Dec 28, 2017
SSNB
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by BruncleZuma: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2017
puremind1:

Hell fire awaits the remnants of Ipods and pigs from the land of Biafra. Biafla or death, where ar thou? #whereis cownu? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..........!!!

Are you this unlearned? Or you do not know what I just typed?
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by rhektor(m): 6:55am On Dec 28, 2017
BlessMySoul:
Oga Ambassador be careful oo. These people have a reputational of dropping bombs on innocent people.

Like they dropped it on you?

3 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by ejitec16(m): 6:56am On Dec 28, 2017
that's a good development at least we can now confront boko haram gradually.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by lost24: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2017
I am more conside about the gun our military hold AK47 if change their guns
Dat d important thing
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2017
What Nigerians think they are getting

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Xbee007(m): 6:59am On Dec 28, 2017
davodguy:
$1 billion already spent.
Heard the price of the 12nos A29 fighter jets are approximately $600 box.
If they now buy weapons and bombs that can be launched from the aircraft, $1billion dollars gone
It is actually $593 box. The packages entails training, series of ammunitions and spare parts. They will also build storage facilities for the aircraft from the money as well. And many other perks...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by MaziOmenuko: 6:59am On Dec 28, 2017
Kudos to the NAF, I like the transparency in the deal. Not when one NSA will conduct all deals via blackmarket and have we all embarrassed, scammed and duped; then a larger percentage of the money will not be accounted for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 6:59am On Dec 28, 2017
what they are getting

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by LionDeLeo: 7:00am On Dec 28, 2017
Terrorists in all forms will not be happy with this.

They will soon start grunting, mooing or wailing like barren witches.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Xbee007(m): 7:01am On Dec 28, 2017
dometome:
What Nigerians think they are getting
Nigeria is getting a 4th Generation JF-17 Thunder from PAK/CAC. The money has been paid and delivery should start any moment from 2018. Slowly, we shall conquer the sky of West Africa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Donkay82: 7:01am On Dec 28, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
I know many illiterates will celebrate this and it is already happening. At a time that countries are making their own war equipment, we are still buying from everywhere.

How would any sane person celebrate that a country agreed to sell ammunition to you? Are they giving you for free? Is it not your money that you are spending to buy? Who wouldn't want to sell to build his economy? So you celebrate expenditure while your client laugh at you foolishness because he is making serious income. I won't be surprised that nations that sell ammunition, one way or the would provide backing to terrorism since it is equivalent to making sales. Slave is in the mentality.
as an illiterate speaking to a well educated and progressive Nigerian like you,pls show me the part you have played to distinguish yourself from the rest of us you stand aside and critic?

Pls comment only if you have a reasonable answer or move on with your buffoonery before I sand you there

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Iamzik: 7:01am On Dec 28, 2017
davodguy:
If they now buy weapons and bombs that can be launched from the aircraft, $1billion dollars gone

When Ali modu sheriff and northern elder created and pampered boko Haram didn't they count the cost?

This same Buhari said any assault on boko Haram is assault against the North! He asked Jonathan to negotiate with Boko Haram.

Well why is he fighting Boko Haram now instead of negotiating??

Boko Haram has killed more northerners than southerners. Next time when the north want to create militant groups to destabilize a southern president they better count the cost

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by EazyMoh(m): 7:06am On Dec 28, 2017
Ovamboland:

We don't have the infrastructure in place to produce such advanced weapons systems in place. The insurgency can't wait for us to develop our own weapons before we start fighting.

that is not to say we should not increase investment in developing our own technology to meet our needs in agriculture,industry and surely defence
Don't mind him, may be he shall stop using foreign made smartphones and computers to post on nairaland, he should wait till Nigeria begins to manufacture...In 2100!

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by AlanSugar(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2017
BlessMySoul:
Oga Ambassador be careful oo. These people have a reputational of dropping bombs on innocent people.

Stop wailing, for every war there are casualties, its called the spoils of war! If you don't want casualties, civilian or otherwise, then don't start a war, simple.

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by dometome: 7:11am On Dec 28, 2017
Xbee007:
Nigeria is getting a 4th Generation JF-17 Thunder from PAK/CAC. The money has been paid and delivery should start any moment from 2018. Slowly, we shall conquer the sky of West Africa.
with a propeller jet? Both you and the dimwits that liked your post are dreamers, Trump us a great business man, others are buying fighter jets you are buying turbo props. Shame unto you. Scraps that the US is throwing away, they give it to you and collection your money. Shame unto you.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by AlanSugar(m): 7:12am On Dec 28, 2017
brainpulse:
Is anyone stopping you from making your own war equipment, illiterates like u should know also Isrealis, Japan, Saudi arabia, and even UK buy some war equipment. You are an IPOB that's not just happy with this success and Nigeria no send you.

No Ipob is happy bro, they've been known to be unhappy since the days of their ogogoro drunken master. The bile and frustration they are exhibiting now is the aftermath effect of what you'd otherwise call transfered aggression. Nothing new.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Xbee007(m): 7:16am On Dec 28, 2017
dometome:
with a propeller jet? Both you and the dimwits that liked your post are dreamers, Trump us a great business man, others are buying fighter jets you are buying turbo props. Shame unto you. Scraps that the US is throwing away, they give it to you and collection your money. Shame unto you.
Keep wallowing in ignorance. I just told you Nigerian Airforce is going to get 4th Generation Aircraft, the class of F-16 yet you still typed the nonsense above. Smh

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 28, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
I know many illiterates will celebrate this and it is already happening. At a time that countries are making their own war equipment, we are still buying from everywhere.

How would any sane person celebrate that a country agreed to sell ammunition to you? Are they giving you for free? Is it not your money that you are spending to buy? Who wouldn't want to sell to build his economy? So you celebrate expenditure while your client laugh at you foolishness because he is making serious income. I won't be surprised that nations that sell ammunition, one way or the would provide backing to terrorism since it is equivalent to making sales. Slave is in the mentality.
Oga, don't just blame others o, blame yourself too, wetin u don invent?

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by maestro2000(m): 7:22am On Dec 28, 2017
This is a good development, but i don't agree with buying these second hand planes. I believe as a nation we are buoyant enough to acquire new ones or better still upgraded ones from the US government. I am sure that the purchase price for these second hand aircrafts are way more higher than acquiring new ones. The US government will never use this for airshow not to talk of actual scouting. Why can't we buy the F-series especially the F-22 since the sole aim of buying these aircrafts is to bomb insurgents.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by brainpulse: 7:23am On Dec 28, 2017
dometome:
Stack illiterates like you should know we don't need a jet propelled engine for air to surface war against terrorists, kidnappers and oil bunkers because we are not fighting air to air. You guys are just wrap nonsense brains that knows nothing

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Xbee007(m): 7:31am On Dec 28, 2017
maestro2000:
This is a good development, but i don't agree with buying these second hand planes. I believe as a nation we are buoyant enough to acquire new ones or better still upgraded ones from the US government. I am sure that the purchase price for these second hand aircrafts are way more higher than acquiring new ones. The US government will never use this for airshow not to talk of actual scouting.
They are brand new not second hand!
Although, Brazilian government was going to sell 3 to us out of their storage facilities. I don't know if the deal is still active or has been cancelled.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by LionDeLeo: 7:31am On Dec 28, 2017
RealLordZeus:

I'm usually amazed at the level of hypocrisy running our Nigerian blood.
You are sad at the news of importing fighter jet but you are happy using imported mobile phone. With your level of reasoning, I can deduce you are somehow well to do(I may be wrong tho) so you will have a lot of foreign house gadget with which you will be very proud of,
An average Nigerian always dream of using the most sophisticated tech without thinking of how to produce ordinary toothpick to contribute to the technological world. Since we are very religious, I will suggest we pray to God to loan us some techno induced angel to develop fighter for us abi. I can recollect well that these deal has been in negotiations with some time and when the US legislators voted against it some few years back, we all blasted the government for their social performance, now they show us they are improving, u still complained. My bro, please let this end in 2017....NOTE, I ve also stopped supporting the government, in fact I do criticize wella when given the opportunity but that doesn't mean I should support hypocrisy. Peace
Everything you said about that "thing" is true, less the "well to do" part, he is not.

Well to do people don't wail over nothing.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by InvertedHammer: 7:36am On Dec 28, 2017
In less than 2 years, Boko Haram will blow all these flying bicycles off the sky.

/

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by thisnaijaguy: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2017
These guys don dey line up to chop the $1bn loan wey naija wan collect. but them no know say na election money be that loan.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by LionDeLeo: 7:42am On Dec 28, 2017
InvertedHammer:
In less than 2 years, Boko Haram will blow all these flying bicycles off the sky.

/
At least, before then, they would have permanently decimated the ipob brand of terrorism.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by superstar1(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2017
3 groups of people will be sad over this good news and they are:

1. Shekau and his hordes of bloodsucking demons calling themselves Boko Haram

2. Pigidiotic children of hatred and Ipigs from the land of gully erosion -- they hate anything and everything.

3. Wailers and the 3 musketeers of FFK Fayose and Reno Omokirikiri.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by GoodGovernance: 7:53am On Dec 28, 2017
davodguy:
If they now buy other things, $1billion dollars gone

You kind of mumu is over advanced.

Countries bigger than Nigeria interns of technology advancement and economy still buys weapons. Why can't Nigeria buy?
China
Australia
UAE
India
Turkey
Saudi Arabia
All import weapons

In line with my thoughts.$1billion dollars may not even be enough!

". It lists these items as “major defence equipment” valued at $29 million, while the “other” component of the deal, for the Super Tucanos, sensors, training and support, is valued at $564 million, ."

Politics above security,so sad. cry

"
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by Emyogalanya: 7:53am On Dec 28, 2017
PROPAGANDA SINCE BUHARI FELL SICK AND THEY MADE THIS FAKE DEAL THEY HAVE NOT SENT IT ITS NOW THAT NIGERIA VOTE AGAINST USA THAT THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE WEAPONS
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. by engrchykae(m): 7:58am On Dec 28, 2017
Write2018:
No wonder we're still tagged developing country.
we have really suffered in the hands of Americans.
We have to write a letter of offer and the Americans will have to do shakara and maybe demand to be lobbied in order to accept selling to us on top our own money.
The same Americans gave Egypt f15s when terrorists attacked Egypt earlier this year but considered Nigeria unworthy of f15s.
Instead of us to look inward,no matter how small,we can start developing jet fighters even if by copying and refurbishing American jets.
At this time,imitation,copying and whatever method will be welcomed.
Even with our money,americans are dictating what we could buy and what we couldn't buy as if they are the only ones selling weapons.
I believe Americans also help Boko haram by selling weapons,intelligence and media support through amnesty international.
They are simply making money out of our misery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Explore Nature & Landscapes Of Nigeria: Pictures / Gov. Ikpeazu Cuts Own Salary, Travelling Allowance By 50% / Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.