Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,495 members, 7,861,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nedum Onuoha Eyeing Nigeria Chance - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nedum Onuoha Eyeing Nigeria Chance (574 Views)

Nedum Onuoha Left With Nasty Cut By Teammate (pics) / Austin Okocha Warns Nedum Onuoha Over Nigeria Snub. / Manchester City's Nedum Onuoha Tops List Of Nigeria Probables (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Nedum Onuoha Eyeing Nigeria Chance by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 06, 2010
Nedum Onuoha has admitted that he would welcome the opportunity to represent Nigeria at the World Cup.

The Manchester City defender has turned out for England at Under-21 level and has been tipped to make the step up into the senior fold in the future.

However, with the Three Lions currently blessed with countless options at centre-half, the path to the first-team appears blocked.

That has forced Onuoha to weigh up his options, with Nigeria reported to be keeping close tabs on his progress.

The 23-year-old was born in the African country and moved to the UK when he was seven.

He is now considering switching allegiance to the land of his birth, but admits he is yet to hear from Nigeria coach Lars Lagerback ahead of this year's finals in South Africa.

"I would like to play in the remaining six games for City," Onuoha told the Manchester Evening News.

"If I did that maybe the chance would be there to play for Nigeria.

"But if I am not playing week in, week out, I wouldn't expect to receive a call from anyone because that wouldn't be right.

"Everyone wants to play in the World Cup, but things have to be right and you have to be selected.

"A lot of people are talking about it as though it is an option but I have never been called u
[url=http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,14287_6078362,00.html]link[/url]
Re: Nedum Onuoha Eyeing Nigeria Chance by honeric01(m): 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2010

(1)

Algeria Qualify For Chan / Taye Taiwo Wins Title With Marseille / Kanu: I'm Ready To Quit England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.