Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi (1013 Views)

APC Can’t Return To Aso Rock In 2019 - Tambuwal / PDP Can’t Continue With ‘imposition Of Candidates’ — David Mark / Chief Justice Of Nigeria, Fayemi, Fayose, Stella Oduah, Others Under Probe –EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by metronaija2: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2017
Dr. Kayode Fayemi, the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, on Thursday described the attempt being made by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to reclaim power in 2019 as a plot to continue to loot the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Fayemi made the statement while addressing newsmen at his Isan-Ekiti country home shortly after hosting APC leaders from across the state.

He urged Nigerians not to use the current fuel scarcity to rate President Muhammadu Buhari’s performances, saying

“What we are witnessing is just a normal curve in the life of any administration.

We will get over it and move on, but largely President has not disappointed Nigerians,” he said.

The minister described the panel of enquiry inaugurated by Gov. Ayo Fayose to probe his administration as a kangaroo one, revealing that it was an attempt to smear his reputation and render him unpopular by the PDP-led government.

“Fayose’s stock in trade is lying against someone to score political gains.

“They started with the probe of N852 million UBEC fund and when they knew they could not go far, they started concocting lies and said I looted N17 billion.

“Let us wait and see who will go to jail between Fayose and I.

“I have been out of office and I am still moving free, but I am sure he won’t be able to walk free on the streets after losing immunity because of the way he ran the state aground.”

Fayemi said Nigerians would ensure that PDP didn’t return to power because of the high level of looting it perpetrated while in the saddle.

The Minister didn’t say categorically whether he was still nursing governorship ambition.

He said the APC was incurably committed to making sure that Ekiti rejoined the league of developing states by ensuring that the party won the 2018 governorship poll.

“What the PDP wanted to come back and do is stealing.

“The options for Nigerians in 2019 is not to return to the old age of criminalisation and brigandage by voting for the PDP.

“There is nothing to convince Nigerians that they have changed with the shenanigans that characterised their national convention and poor performances by their governors.

“Up to now, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and his henchmen have not apologised about how they ran the country a ground.

” So, there is nothing to suggest that PDP remains a credible alternative to APC in 2019”, he said.

Fayemi discountenanced the attacks by his political adversaries that he had not used his ministerial position for the benefit of the state.

He said: ”what I have done is measurable and clear. This government has begun the construction of a federal secretariat and housing estate in Ekiti and the rail-line was extended to this state in the Federal Government’s proposal due to my intervention.

“About 4,000 Ekiti indigenes are benefitting from N-power and very soon it will go up to 12,000. The proposal for kaolin exploration in Ekiti has just been completed, that of the bauxite will begin soon.

“President Buhari’s government is planning to set up a cottage industry in Ekiti for the sake of the solid minerals exploration and I have enlisted small scale miners around Ijero Ekiti for them to be able to benefit from the N5b loan set up by the Bank of Industry.”

http://www.metronaija.ng/pdp-cant-return-power-ekiti-nigeria-fayemi/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by Thegeneralqueen(f): 9:14am On Dec 29, 2017
Ekiti is already in the hands of PDP so just keep calm and watch smiley

5 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by GavelSlam: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2017
Of course.

Fayose has no legacy to his name.

He got into office by use of underarm tactics in combination with widespread rigging.

He even slapped a court judge in doing so.

Compare PDP administered states with that of APC and agree PDP has nothing to offer.
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by fitzmayowa: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2017
He urged Nigerians not to use the current fuel scarcity to rate President Muhammadu Buhari’s performances, saying

What we are witnessing is just a normal curve in the life of any administration.

We will get over it and move on, but largely President has not disappointed Nigerians,” he said.

I guess loss of over 4 million jobs in 2017 alone can be termed as "just a normal curve in life", Fulani herdsmen killing uncontrollable is "just a normal curve in life"....

Someone once said "People who are very intelligent, lose their intelligence immediately they associate with APC"....

Nigerians Fayemi just said all the hardship caused by cluelessness of APC is "just a normal curve in life"...SMH

9 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by nezzar: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:
Of course.

He got into office by use of underarm tactics in combination with widespread rigging.

Compare PDP administered states with that of APC and agree PDP has nothing to offer.
Can I mention few Apc states sa??

Imo state
Kogi state
Benue state
Now tell me how these states can boast of good success since Apc came into power

4 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by naijaboy756: 9:24am On Dec 29, 2017
foolish minister from a recessionist party

3 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by naijaboy756: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:
Of course.

go and see a psychiatrist

3 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by GavelSlam: 9:28am On Dec 29, 2017
nezzar:

Imo state
Kogi state
Benue state
Now tell me how these states can boast of good success since Apc came into power

Nothing wrong with Imo state.

Rochas became persona non grata to all Ipob lovers as soon as he became APC . Otherwise, his people love him and re-elected him for a second term.

Kogi state had the misfortune of having its previous governor pass on and a replacement who had to spend time in knowing and cleansing the system hence the slow growth.

Benue state once had PDP governors please tell us what they achieved and how the the present one has underperformed.
Extraordinary
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by Fadiga24(m): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:
Of course.

Imo state- commissioning statues

Kogi state- dedicating the state to God

Osun state - paying half salaries

Benue state - wheelbarrows

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by GavelSlam: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2017
naijaboy756:
go and see a psychiatrist

You obviously belong in the motor park.

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by fitzmayowa: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:
Of course.

What has APC offered in Kogi, Osun, Kwara, Oyo and Nigeria as a whole

My brother did you just return from somalia

5 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by Fadiga24(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:
Of course.

The worst States in Nigeria are the ones administered by APC.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by fitzmayowa: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2017
Fadiga24:

All the above na achievement na...cheesy grin cheesy

Send me your photo, you deserve a statue for listing those achievements...cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by nezzar: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Nothing wrong with Imo state.

Rochas became persona non grata to all Ipob lovers as soon as he became APC . Otherwise, his people love him and re-elected him for a second term.

Kogi state had the misfortune of having its previous governor pass on and a replacement who had to spend time in knowing and cleansing the system hence the slow growth.

Benue state once had PDP governors please tell us what they achieved and how the the present one has underperformed.
Extraordinary
Trash......Obiano also sent armed personnels 2 install peace in the society during that ipob rally.....Yet we still voted for him cos of his success in the state....U mean Rochas performance was by building statues here and there, naming a road after a tribal bigot ahbi and making his sister the commissioner of happiness

As for kogi state....The only project he has commissioned is a transformer...The only governor who declared a public holiday on Buhari return

Benue state governor keeps harbouring fulani herdsmen and that has led to the death of many of his citizens.....so tell me how did Pdp cause all these

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by GavelSlam: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2017
Fadiga24:

Nothing wrong with statues.

Your brothers go abroad and take all those pictures around artefacts that You all adore.

Because you have very small unintelligent minds you cannot appreciate art and its relevance.

Would you rather dedicate a state to the devil?

Aregbesola's infrastructural revolution is exemplary.

One can say he is teaching his people to fish whilst providing the foundation for further growth.

Had previous leaders followed his template, the country would have had functional railroads, standard universities and world class medical facilities.

Most of you are only interested in belle first.
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by Fadiga24(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2017
[s]
GavelSlam:

Nothing wrong with statues.

Your brothers go abroad and take all those pictures around artefacts that You all adore.

Because you have very small unintelligent minds you cannot appreciate art and its relevance.

Would you rather dedicate a state to the devil?

Aregbesola's infrastructural revolution is exemplary.

One can say he is teaching his people to fish whilst providing the foundation for further growth.

Had previous leaders followed his template, the country would have had functional railroads, standard universities and world class medical facilities.

Most of you are only interested in belle first.
[/s]

Shut up zombie.

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by GavelSlam: 9:39am On Dec 29, 2017
nezzar:

Trash......Obiano also sent armed personnels 2 install peace in the society during that ipob rally.....Yet we still voted for him cos of his success in the state....U mean Rochas performance was by building statues here and there, naming a road after a tribal bigot ahbi and making his sister the commissioner of happiness

As for kogi state....The only project he has commissioned is a transformer...The only governor who declared a public holiday on Buhari return

Benue state governor keeps harbouring fulani herdsmen and that has led to the death of many of his citizens.....so tell me how did Pdp cause all these

Obiano is APGA - Igbo party.

Okorocha is APC considered to be Islamic party by Ipob. They cannot forgive him for not following their bigoted dictates.
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by nezzar: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Obiano is APGA - Igbo party.

Okorocha is APC considered to be Islamic party by Ipob. They cannot forgive him for not following their bigoted dictates.
Check out....He was loved by everyone in that state before but since he started licking the anus of buhari....He forgot about his people
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by GavelSlam: 9:51am On Dec 29, 2017
nezzar:

Check out....He was loved by everyone in that state before but since he started licking the anus of buhari....He forgot about his people

Good so you are corroborating my statement.

Rochas has done well for imo state but most Ipob hate him for being an APC stalwart.

Everyone knows why they continuously try to ridicule him when the likes of Abia and Ebonyi states are in far worse situations.
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2017
PDP will forever be banished from South West in 2018. They are welcome in the Eastern Jungle anyways

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by Okoroawusa: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2017
nezzar:

Imo state
Kogi state
Benue state
Have u been to any of these states apart from what u read online.

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by possibility1234: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2017
Fayemi is a certified mad man.
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by Benjom(m): 10:45am On Dec 29, 2017
Sir, you're a mortal human being; you no be God undecided
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by aolawale025: 10:48am On Dec 29, 2017
Dr. Kayode Fayemi, the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, on Thursday described the attempt being made by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to reclaim power in 2019 as a plot to continue to loot the country.

Is the APC not looting now?
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2017
ANIMAL FARM: A MUST READ!

Pardon me, but i think your education is not complete if you've not read George Orwell's Animal Farm. It was a WAEC text for decades... Just to refresh your memories, i visited an online site and pulled these character sketches of three of the major characters from that timeless classic...
I didn't mention anyone's name o! Enjoy the read...

NAPOLEON:
While Jones' tyranny can be somewhat excused due to the fact that he is a dull-witted drunkard, Napoleon's can only be ascribed to his blatant lust for power. The very first description of Napoleon presents him as a "fierce-looking" boar "with a reputation for getting his own way." Throughout the novel, Napoleon's method of "getting his own way" involves a combination of propaganda and terror that none of the animals can resist. Note that as soon as the revolution is won, Napoleon's first action is to steal the cows' milk for the pigs. Clearly, the words of old Major inspired Napoleon not to fight against tyranny, but to seize the opportunity to establish himself as a dictator. The many crimes he commits against his own comrades range from seizing nine puppies to "educate" them as his band of killer guard dogs to forcing confessions from innocent animals and then having them killed before all the animals' eyes.
Napoleon's greatest crime, however, is his complete transformation into Jones — although Napoleon is a much more harsh and stern master than the reader is led to believe Jones ever was. By the end of the novel, Napoleon is sleeping in Jones' bed, eating from Jones' plate, drinking alcohol, wearing a derby hat, walking on two legs, trading with humans, and sharing a toast with Mr. Pilkington. His final act of propaganda — changing the Seventh Commandment to "ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL / BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS" — reflects his unchallenged belief that he belongs in complete control of the farm. His restoration of the name Manor Farm shows just how much Napoleon has wholly disregarded the words of old Major.

SQUEALER:
Every tyrant has his sycophants, and Napoleon has one in Squealer, a clever pig who (as the animals say) "could turn black into white." Throughout the novel, he serves as Napoleon's mouthpiece and Minister of Propaganda. Every time an act of Napoleon's is questioned by the other animals — regardless of how selfish or severe it may seem — Squealer is able to convince the animals that Napoleon is only acting in their best interests and that Napoleon himself has made great sacrifices for Animal Farm. For example, after Squealer is questioned about Napoleon's stealing the milk and windfallen apples, he explains that Napoleon and his fellow pigs must take the milk and apples because they "contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig." He further explains that many pigs "actually dislike milk and apples" and tells the questioning animals, "It is for your sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples."
"Each time the animals complained about excessive hunger and difficulties, Squealer (the clever pig) would tell them that things were much better than the time of the humans (when Mr Jones was in charge). He also would go on to say to them that no matter how difficult things might get, it will never be as bad as when Mr Jones was in charge of the farm. The majority of the animals were very dumb (especially the sheep) and believed everything Squealer told them."

BENJAMIN
As horses are known for their strength, donkeys are known for their stubbornness, and Benjamin stubbornly refuses to become enthusiastic about the rebellion. While all of his comrades delight in the prospect of a new, animal-governed world, Benjamin only remarks, "Donkeys live a long time. None of you has ever seen a dead donkey." While this reply puzzles the animals, the reader understands Benjamin's cynical yet not-unfounded point: In the initial moments of the rebellion, Animal Farm may seem a paradise, but in time it may come to be another form of the same tyranny at which they rebelled. Of course, Benjamin is proven right by the novel's end, and the only thing that he knows for sure — "Life would go on as it had always gone on — that is, badly" — proves to be a definitive remark about the animals' lives. Although pessimistic, he is a realist.
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by Paperwhite(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2017
So it's the disastrous APC that should continue to be in power The mentality of APC members tell a lot of their performance.
Re: PDP Can’t Return To Power In Ekiti, Nigeria- Fayemi by Paperwhite(m): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
The

(1) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Says Jonathan Faction Responsible For Violence In Benue. / Why Can't Other Tribes Unite And Deal With These Fulani Herdsmen Once & For All / I Am Not Interested In 2019 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.