Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect (38822 Views)

Victor Osimhen Closes In On George Weah’s Record, Hails Liberian Legend / Arsene Wenger Invited To George Weah's Inauguration As Liberian President / John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Promismike(m): 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
Praktikals:

You seems not to realise that Buhari is more like a religion.
In the north. Yes. Cos whatever they do is govern by religion and ethnicity. The yorubas are they ones I look up to becouse they are more reasonable and sensible. They are the ones that will decide if Buhari will remain or not.

East and south south don't mind voting for APC if it presents another candidate apart from Buhari.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by IamPopular(m): 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ghnaija:
Is he a Ghanaian or Liberian
zimbabwean,he is the younqer brother of muqabe's mum younger cousin that is the ex qirlfriend of aliko dantata that leaves in adamawa state
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2017
binsanni:
Legend indeed Respect sir
Na u be that?
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
ripbubu:
politics is not for everyone are you ready to be bathing in human blood to be a politician park

It won't do to leave politics to the bad guys....
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by binsanni(m): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
nope
Luiz1:
Na u be that?
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Charleynmuo: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
I forsee Eto becoming the president of a Cameroun one day. I have already endorsed him.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by evansjeff(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2017
Promismike:
I want to plead with every meaningful Nigerian. It's not about APC or PDP. But it's about our future and that of our kids.

Pls If APC can not present another person as its presidential candidate in 2018 order than Buhari, I don't care where the person comes from, East, west or North or south. Pls lets make sure Buhari is voted out.

Just imagine how 8 yrs would be under Buhari. Hardship and suffering. God forbid.
I beg any good and petriotic Nigerian to reason beyond party, religious and ethnic lines.

People are suffering under this administration. That you are privileged to still be with your job or come from a rich home, Eating what you desire to eat everyday does not mean people are not suffering.

Pls lets reason beyond party, religious and ethnic lines and save ourselves and our kids from impending doom and hardship.

What we need is reforms, good leadership and good governance. Don't tell me nations who are successful today suffered as they do the right thing. Noo! Ghana, china, Singapore and many more didn't suffer as they reform and shape their nations into what we envy today. Rather the good leaders they had at the time put up reforms and policies that brought instant and visible progress that accumulated over time. They never suffered as these progress accumulated and became more visible and tangible.

All we need is reforms and good governance not suffering in the name of getting things right.
As for me and my family, we will vote for Buhari in 2019 and beyond if possible. I know what I have gained from this administration. I never felt I was really a Nigerian until the coming of this blessed man.

And note before you call me aboki, I'm a southerner in fact from the south south and I'm also and ordinary Nigerian like you.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Promismike(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
evansjeff:
As for me and my family, we will vote for Buhari in 2019 and beyond if possible. I know what I have gained from this administration. I never felt I was really a Nigerian until the coming of this blessed man.

And note before you call me aboki, I'm a southerner in fact from the south south and I'm also and ordinary Nigerian like you.
Thank God for you. Most people equally gained from the administration of Jonathan.

My emphasis is one general progress not individual progress.

My brother, no matter how bad a government is their must be few people it favours.

But the perimeter to measure how well the government has performed is the general welfare of the citizens not individual welfare.

1 Like

Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Promismike(m): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
Praktikals:

You seems not to realise that Buhari is more like a religion.
ok. Continue with your religion as sane people make progress.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
binsanni:
nope
Ha ha! I for comment my reservation o.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by binsanni(m): 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
what did you have to say?
Luiz1:
Ha ha! I for comment my reservation o.

Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Oju4190: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
Promismike:
I want to plead with every meaningful Nigerian. It's not about APC or PDP. But it's about our future and that of our kids.

Pls If APC can not present another person as its presidential candidate in 2018 order than Buhari, I don't care where the person comes from, East, west or North or south. Pls lets make sure Buhari is voted out.

Just imagine how 8 yrs would be under Buhari. Hardship and suffering. God forbid.
I beg any good and petriotic Nigerian to reason beyond party, religious and ethnic lines.

People are suffering under this administration. That you are privileged to still be with your job or come from a rich home, Eating what you desire to eat everyday does not mean people are not suffering.

Pls lets reason beyond party, religious and ethnic lines and save ourselves and our kids from impending doom and hardship.

What we need is reforms, good leadership and good governance. Don't tell me nations who are successful today suffered as they do the right thing. Noo! Ghana, china, Singapore and many more didn't suffer as they reform and shape their nations into what we envy today. Rather the good leaders they had at the time put up reforms and policies that brought instant and visible progress that accumulated over time. They never suffered as these progress accumulated and became more visible and tangible.

All we need is reforms and good governance not suffering in the name of getting things right.
Go to Politics session,We are celebrating George Weah here
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by robosky02(m): 4:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
the west and the best grin

Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Toks2008(m): 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ghnaija:
He is a Sudanese.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2017
binsanni:
what did you have to say?
Nothing really! Just that Buhari is the President of GHANA.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Daprince076m: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
Realsman405:
Chux Ohai

After starting his career in his home country of Liberia, Arsene Wenger brought him to Europe where he signed for Monaco in 1988.

*. Weah moved to Paris Saint German in 1992 where he won Ligue 1 in 1994 and became the top scorer of the 1994-95 UEFA Champions League.

*. He signed for AC Milan in 1995 where he spent four successful seasons, and won the Italian Serie A, twice. His most notable goal in Italy saw him run the length of the field against Verona.

*.He moved to the English Premier League towards the end of his career and had spells at Chelsea and Manchester City, before returning to France to play for Marseille in 2001, and subsequently ending his career with Al-Jazira in 2003.

*. At international level, he represented Liberia at the African Cup of Nations on two occasions.

*. An idol in Africa, Weah has been heavily involved in politics in his homeland Liberia and ran unsuccessfully for president in the 2005 elections, losing to Ellen Johnson Sirleaf in the second round of voting.

*. In the 2011 election, he ran for vice president on Winston Tubman’s ticket. Running as a Congress for Democratic Change candidate, Weah was elected to the senate in 2014.

*. As successful as he was at club level, Weah was not able to bring over that success to the Liberia National Team. In total, Weah played 60 games for Liberia over 20 years, scoring 22 goals.

*. Along with all-time greats in the sport such as Alfredo Di Stefano and George Best, Weah is regarded as being among the best football players who never got the chance to play at a World Cup.

*. Upon official announcement, George Weah will be the only retired professional footballer to emerge as the President of a country.

http://punchng.com/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-george-weah/

Weah actually started his pprofessional football carreer in a club kniwn as Tonnerre kalara club (TKC) in cameroon after leaving his home coutry of Liberia. it was there that he was discovered by the then cameroon natiknal team coach.Claude le roy who connected him to Arsene wenger of monaco. he played for tonnere kalara in 1987-1988 season
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by binsanni(m): 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
hahahaaha
Luiz1:
Nothing really! Just that Buhari is the President of GHANA.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Ghnaija(m): 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hahahahahahah
IamPopular:
zimbabwean,he is the younqer brother of muqabe's mum younger cousin that is the ex qirlfriend of aliko dantata that leaves in adamawa state
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by doe: 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
11. Weah once had a connection to a Nigeria House of Representatives member from Edo State. Him eye clear na him take off�
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by baba2070: 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2017
am d next president of nigeria
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Heavance(m): 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
MrHistorian:
So. . .The writer deliberately decided to ignore the FACT that he is the FIRST and ONLY footballer in Africa to win the FIFA World Best player award?
Exactly o.
He/She was telling us plenty sweet nonsense
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Gordonz07(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ghnaija:
He is an Egyptian.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by evansjeff(m): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2017
Promismike:
Thank God for you. Most people equally gained from the administration of Jonathan.

My emphasis is one general progress not individual progress.

My brother, no matter how bad a government is their must be few people it favours.

But the perimeter to measure how well the government has performed is the general welfare of the citizens not individual welfare.
I get you clearly but I also would let you know that a lot of people have also gained from this administration and not just me, some that I know. Take note, neither myself nor my relatives gained anything from Jonathan's administration even though we come from same south south. Forget the public perception of some individuals who feels nothing good can ever come out of this Buhari, many are due to sentiments that are either political, ethnic/tribal and religious. In truth this man has done some things that you can benefit from if only you can put away those sentiments.

No matter who becomes the president, my first prayer has always been and will remain that it favours me and my loved ones.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by mikolo80: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
Promismike:

all we need is capitalism
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by mikolo80: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2017
Iseoluwani:
Where is okocha when u need him
or Kanu. Make dem run for house of reps or governor

1 Like

Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by manmidtexy(m): 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2017
Can you give people what you had achieved for yourself by writing CV or Resume in the past that got you both Interview and Job with proofs.

This is like greedy lazy people who love to give out business proposals based on softcopy only to big men to finance the project heavily when they have not achieve any sort of small or little result for themself in a small scale as evidence to convince their sponsor or clients.

The reason am writing this epistle is not to demote or downgrade or molest you or your work.

Most time, you always flood posts with CV writing where such threads are not needed.

If your work is really manifesting positively, you suppose to have got a website where people on NL will just redirect newbies looking for job.

I hope my advice help you.

Benjom:
His persistence paid of. I look forward to Messi becoming the President of his country in the future too cool

One of the worst tragedy that could ever befall a man is not getting a single job invite in 2017... Now, 2018 is just by the corner, will you still adopt the same approach that has not worked for you? My signature offers you that unbelievable succour.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by Talk2david1(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
MrHistorian:
So. . .The writer deliberately decided to ignore the FACT that he is the FIRST and ONLY footballer in Africa to win the FIFA World Best player award?
The topic says '10 Things You *Didn’t* Know About Liberian President-Elect.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by harrisonford001: 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2017
unfortunately i don't trade words with people on social media! who even know maybe you are a mad man sef grin grin grin grin grin
brightnonso:

you are a fool!! A fool @ 40
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by degamemaster(m): 11:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
MrHistorian:
I think he's the only African player to win balon ' dor too.
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by nurusystem(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2017
Promismike:

guy Nigeria is beyond what you are thinking buhari is trying,do you think is the only person ruling us ,what about the senate,Rep,Govnors,Ministees what are their impacts are they supporting well,is your state governors buildings good roads or paying is workers. so think well again .
Re: George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect by funmibi29(m): 9:43am On Dec 30, 2017
that's good so what's Austin J. J Okocha doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Navy Seals recused 4 boys from Trapped Thai Cave / Update on WWE Recent Shows / Ronaldo Unveiled at Al-Nassr FC: My Work In Europe Is Done, I Won Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.