Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect (18473 Views)

John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today / John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player / Amal Fashanu, My Daughter Pays The Bills - John Fashanu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by AlexReports(m): 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2017
JUST-IN: Amb. John Fashanu Congratulates Colleague and Newly Elected President Of Liberia George Weah.‎‎

Legendary Footballer and billionaire sports Ambassador John Fashanu was among the earliest global football personalities to send congratulatory message to the newly elected president of Liberia, George Weah shortly after the result of the re-run was announced on Wednesday. 

The former international star Fashanu sent out the message when he addressed cross sections of journalists in his Mansion in Abuja shortly after the Liberia presidential result was declared. According to him " I am very excited about George Weah's victory. He is my brother, my friend and my colleague right from our playing days in England.We have stayed together and I must confess Weah is a determined person whose consistency attracted a lot of honours in the footballing world, I congratulate him on this victory which is a plus for the sport community"

Amb. Fashanu was with George Weah during the last election for two weeks in Liberia to support him and was involved in the exercise. He will soon be leading top personalities from both the government and sporting community in Nigeria for his inauguration. Among those to go with him are Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, A‎mb. Rachel Bakam and a host of others

The Legendary African footballer and former AC Milan player George Weah has now become the first sports athlete to be elected a President of a nation. ‎He has become the President elect of Liberia. He won 12 of the 15 counties in the Liberian election to become the 25th President of the West African country. ‎This has further raised the profile of the footballer turned politician who in 1995 set a yet to be assailed record of winning footballer of the year awards in two continents apart from being crowned the World Footballer of the Year to make it an incredible treble. ‎He was African Footballer of the Year as well as that of Europe

http://www.alexreports.info/2017/12/just-in-amb-john-fashanu-congratulates.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
Congrats George!
I hope u will uphold peace and serve ur nation selflessly. May God help you...!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Ruggedfitness: 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
JUST-IN: Amb. John Fashanu Congratulates Colleague and Newly Elected President Of Liberia George Weah.‎‎

If an ex-footballer can do it, then anyone can do it. We should not be restricted to recycling old me in Nigeria

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
finally george weah

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Alonzoh(m): 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
Man of the moment

2 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by chefdoeuvre: 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
front-page.. oshey baddest..
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Hardeybohwarley(m): 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
Congrats world best. Destiny can be delayed but it will always remain unchanged. OBJ and his manipulation during the lost election, the only shift it to the better moment.
Stay active and blessed.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
Congrats George Upon Weah (fondly called)

Africa has never produced a sharper and more flexible Striker since you left. Samuel Eto came close...You played like Ronaldo De Lima or he played like you.
The FIRST AFRICAN to win the World best and European Best,..that was in 1995.
Defenders were messed up by him back then in Inter Milan FC.

Keep pursuing your goals peeps.

10 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by jamesibor: 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
AlexReports:

Legendary Footballer and billionaire sports Ambassador John Fashanu was among the earliest global football personalities to send congratulatory message to the newly elected president of Liberia, George Weah shortly after the result of the re-run was announced on Wednesday. 

The former international star Fashanu sent out the message when he addressed cross sections of journalists in his Mansion in Abuja shortly after the Liberia presidential result was declared. According to him " I am very excited about George Weah's victory. He is my brother, my friend and my colleague right from our playing days in England.We have stayed together and I must confess Weah is a determined person whose consistency attracted a lot of honours in the footballing world, I congratulate him on this victory which is a plus for the sport community"

Amb. Fashanu was with George Weah during the last election for two weeks in Liberia to support him and was involved in the exercise. He will soon be leading top personalities from both the government and sporting community in Nigeria for his inauguration. Among those to go with him are Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, A‎mb. Rachel Bakam and a host of others

The Legendary African footballer and former AC Milan player George Weah has now become the first sports athlete to be elected a President of a nation. ‎He has become the President elect of Liberia. He won 12 of the 15 counties in the Liberian election to become the 25th President of the West African country. ‎This has further raised the profile of the footballer turned politician who in 1995 set a yet to be assailed record of winning footballer of the year awards in two continents apart from being crowned the World Footballer of the Year to make it an incredible treble. ‎He was African Footballer of the Year as well as that of Europe

http://www.alexreports.info/2017/12/just-in-amb-john-fashanu-congratulates.html?m=0

John Fashanu, billionaire? What a joke

Someone that has been squatting with well to do ladies in Abuja.

10 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Hardeybohwarley(m): 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
chefdoeuvre:
Really just to book space.

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
smiley
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by solpat(m): 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
John Fashanu, a billionaire

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by PenSniper: 10:30pm On Dec 27, 2017
Shame on the old wag Obj. If the vindictive clown had being in GEJ's place, he would've manipulated the result against Weah. He won in his first attempt but lost to Obj who supervised the election.

2 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Write2018: 10:31pm On Dec 27, 2017
I think he's an inspiration to John fashanu... Lol

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by deco22(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2017
solpat:
John Fashanu, a billionaire
That's what I am also wondering o,multi millionaire is different from billionaire abi this people don't know the difference.

3 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 27, 2017
Happy for him.congrats

Pre order this and we ship it for you .check our signature on how to contact us

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Ibukunoluwa01: 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2017
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by ehbellsho(m): 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2017
Congratulations!
Hop oda footballers would learn from you by not only contesting for presidency bt to do somethin meaningful dat dre fellow countrymen (less priveledge inclusive) would benefit from.
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by jaggedboi(m): 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2017
Results have not been released yet. There's no truth to this information.
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by LaaJiblik: 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2017
AlexReports:

VOTES ARE STILL BEING COUNTED. NIGERIAN BLOGGERS ARE POSTING LIES AND FAKE NEWS ON THEIR BLOGS, THEN POSTING IT ON THE POPULAR NAIRALAND TO MOVE TRAFFIC TO THEIR BLOGS. ISN'T THIS SHAMEFUL

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by femi4: 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
emusmithy:
Congrats George Upon Opon Weah (fondly called)

Africa has never produced a sharper and more flexible Striker since you left. Samuel Eto came close...You played like Ronaldo De Lima or he played like you.
The FIRST AFRICAN to win the World best and European Best,..that was in 1995.
Defenders were messed up by him back then in Inter Milan FC.

Keep pursuing your goals peeps.
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by LaaJiblik: 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
jaggedboi:
Results have not been released yet. There's no truth to this information.

True talk.
Its a shame how they have taken blogging in Nigeria.
Someone will write a FAKE story on his or her blog, then come and post the nonsense on Nairaland, to attract traffic to their blog.
Very shameful.
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by LaaJiblik: 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=femi4 post=63667375][/quote]

RESULTS ARE STILL BEING COUNTED.

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by femi4: 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
LaaJiblik:

RESULTS ARE STILL BEING COUNTED.
buy TV, you no gree

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Unik3030: 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hardeybohwarley:
Congrats world best. Destiny can be delayed but it will always remain unchanged. OBJ and his manipulation during the lost election, the only shift it to the better moment.
Stay active and blessed.
my brother God bless you real good for saying this. me n my guy argued about it back then when ejs won,i told him it was as a result of obj manipulation that old fool.i Av learnt a lesson about that which is never give up on your dreams no matter the obstacles
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by LaaJiblik: 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
femi4:
buy TV, you no gree

Since you have a TV.

By what MARGIN did George Weah Win? According to your TV?
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by alex406(m): 11:04pm On Dec 27, 2017
Congrats man, you just broke a world record.

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by LaaJiblik: 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2017
alex406:
Congrats man, you just broke a world record.

FAKE NEWS!

RESULTS STILL BEING COUNTED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by ruffDiamond: 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2017
naija-tijati!!

not in Nigeria

they made a vigilante man a sport minister ..

while we have hundreds of ex international rotting away!

Naijatijajati

congrat weah
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by 360command: 11:43pm On Dec 27, 2017
I am hoping Emanuel Eboue can learn from this as well as other nairalanders because the great magic system said it in one of their tracks titled " dynamo" that in this life everything is possible.. It is possible in its time and we should not despair..

Those who know this track (magic system-dynamo) can reason with me on the success of George Weah.

Laurent gbagbo enfant de pauvre, aujourd’hui é président de la république. (Dynamo)
Alpha Blondi enfant de poignon, artiste inter planétaire. (Dynamo)
Drogba Didier enfant de pauvre, aujourd’hui é footballeur international. (Dynamo)
Re: John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
Congratulations to George Weah and to the good people of Liberia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round / Klopp Wins Premier League Manager Of The Season / Monday Odigie: Bendel Insurance Coach In Fiery Post-Match Interview After Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.