Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. (4965 Views)

There Is No Heaven It Is A Fairy Story:Stephen Hawking / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2017
OP just constructed multiple strawmen. Too numerous to be numbered.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
Neymar1095:
And the only thing consistent in the bible is killing. FROM
KILLING every living
thing on the face of the earth
other than Noah's family and
thereby makes himself the
greatest mass murderer in HISTORY TO NU 31:31-40 32,000 virgins are
taken by the Israelites as booty.
Thirty-two are set aside (to be
sacrificed?) as a tribute for the
Lord. etc. what a merciful and kind God.

God is being merciful by actually destroying unrepentant sinners.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
pressplay411:

It's madness to believe anything others don't.
A genius/scientist is mad until he can prove his hypothesis holds true and becomes a theory.
Believe it or not, its efficacy cannot be denied.

It doesn't make God less God, rather it shuts you the unbeliever from the limitless powers that abound in God.

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Shekau is more merciful by killing unrepeatable Christians as well who fail to convert to Islam

Hope you know

8 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Wat da feck. What kind of mercy is that.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Nne5: 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2017
adepeter2027:

First, I'm not an atheist or betterstill gat no tag/label.
Secondly, I didn't quote ya to engage into an argument.

Back to my question.
1. Who created the universe.
2. "if" god, can you describe the mechanism/processes he used. If you can't, can you pls briefly explain how he popped out something from nothing

Thank you
Lol
1.God

2a. .....
2b.Lol [b]if God cannot 'pop out' sth from nth,from what did God come from?[/b]My answer.
Answering further,

It would either be nth existed before God so God came out of nothing.Now this answer doesn't really get us anywhere.

or God had always existed so didn't need to come out of sth.This also doesn't really prove anything because if even we had to accept it ,it hasn't said much about God's nature.

OR sth existed before God which will raised an infinite regress of questions of what came before God.This answer do not really get us anywhere too.

So I went through some of your posts and I don't really understand. Are you a tending to the satanist side?
Anyway I really don't care
It's a free world.
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
adepeter2027:

Shekau is more merciful by killing unrepeatable Christians as well who fail to convert to Islam

Hope you know

A hidden premise to my post is that the Bible is true. And I say that this premise underlies the whole of this thread. Why would you begin to criticize the actions of God if you consider them to have never happened(because to affirm Allah and Islam is to invalidate the Bible)?

And if the Bible is true, no one but the demons of hell inspire the actions of Shekau.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
DoctorAlien:

A hidden premise to my post is that the Bible is true. And I say that this premise underlies the whole of this thread. Why would you begin to criticize the actions of God if you consider them to have never happened(because to affirm Allah and Islam is to invalidate the Bible)?

And if the Bible is true, no one but the demons of hell inspire the actions of Shekau.
How is the bible true. Something that is filled with lies and contradictions. From the 2 creation stories to flood that never happened to god Eating solid food and taking part in a wrestling match.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
Neymar1095:

How is the bible true. Something that is filled with lies and contradictions. From the 2 creation stories to flood that never happened to god Eating solid food and taking part in a wrestling match.

Do yourself a favor and visit answersingenesis.org and go to the "Contradictions" section, and educate yourself there. They are doing a good job there in demolishing the supposed contradictions in the Bible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Do yourself a favor and visit answersingenesis.org and go to the "Contradictions" section, and educate yourself there. They are doing a good job there in demolishing the supposed contradictions in the Bible.
Why will a book from God who is so perfect in all his ways have contradictions in the first place. It's just like a fairytale story with different writers trying too much.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nne5:

Lol
1.God

2a. .....
2b.Lol [b]if God cannot 'pop out' sth from nth,from what did God come from?[/b]My answer.
Answering further,

It would either be nth existed before God so God came out of nothing.Now this answer doesn't really get us anywhere.

or God had always existed so didn't need to come out of sth.This also doesn't really prove anything because if even we had to accept it ,it hasn't said much about God's nature.

OR sth existed before God which will raised an infinite regress of questions of what came before God.This answer do not really get us anywhere too.

So I went through some of your posts and I don't really understand. Are you a tending to the satanist side?
Anyway I really don't care
It's a free world.
My sweetie got lost o-o. Infact, she became confused the more

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
DoctorAlien:

It's well brother - all I can say
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by 1Sharon(f): 1:12am On Dec 30, 2017
Nne5:
How come atheists even believe in big bang?

Very ridiculous theory.

A virgin giving birth doesn't sound ridiculous to you?

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by 1Sharon(f): 1:13am On Dec 30, 2017
Seun:
If we are too complex to exist by accident, then surely God is also too complex to exist by accident.

He is " God "
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by 1Sharon(f): 1:17am On Dec 30, 2017
hatchy:
Some people sef!
They are so drunken in their knowledge until they become foolish.

Only the fool say there is no God.

I would love to be wise like these ppl.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by dalaman: 1:43am On Dec 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:

The hidden premise to his post is that the Koran is true. Why would you also criticize the actions of Allah if you consider them to have never happened. If the Koran is true no one but the demons of hell inspire the actions of christians and lie to them to worship a dead man as God.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:59am On Dec 30, 2017
[s]
dalaman:

The hidden premise to his post is that the Koran is true. Why would you also criticize the actions of Allah if you consider them to have never happened. If the Koran is true no one but the demons of hell inspire the actions of christians and lie to them to worship a dead man as God.
[/s]

Very daft. But not surprising.

Where did I set out to criticize the actions of Allah? His post was unwarranted because we are on a thread which assumes that the Bible is true.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by dalaman: 2:04am On Dec 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:
[s][/s]

Very daft. But not surprising.

Where did I set out to criticize the actions of Allah? His post was unwarranted because we are on a thread which assumes that the Bible is true.

Which thread assumes that the bible is true? The OP says christianity is a fairy tale and you are here claiming that the thread assumes the bible is true. When will you stop this daftness?

5 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by DoctorAlien(m): 2:28am On Dec 30, 2017
Can you not show me where I criticized the actions of Allah? Have you now started begging me to explain to you how the OP assumed that the Bible is true in His posts? Nah! That's your homework man.

Anyway, lemme give you hints:
Neymar1095:

Why will a book from God who is so perfect in all his ways have contradictions in the first place. It's just like a fairytale story with different writers trying too much.
Neymar1095:
...what a merciful and kind God.
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by awesomeJ(m): 3:15am On Dec 30, 2017
Seun:
If we are too complex to exist by accident, then surely God is also too complex to exist by accident.
Who says God's existence is by accident. He alone is the beginning of all things in all realms, and by Him and for Him were all things made. He created the universe by His will and might, and chose to place us humans on one of its planets, what He does with the others, I'll know soon-when I get to ask Him face to face.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Saverin: 4:01am On Dec 30, 2017
felixomor:

God is existence himself
He precedes time, space and matter

1 Colossians 1:17- And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

1 Buhari 2 : 19

The universe has always been in existence with no beginning nor will it end since it is energy and can neither be created nor destroyed
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Saverin: 4:06am On Dec 30, 2017
Neymar1095

The only thing keeping Christianity (and some other religions) alive is fear. The fear of eternal damnation in hell and a promise of eternal life in heaven. When you rise above this fear, it falls like a tree.

Welcome to the new age of reason.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Saverin: 4:08am On Dec 30, 2017
Nne5:

Very ridiculous theory.

It will be ridiculous to you until oyibo begin full time space exploration from space stations while you will still be queuing up to buy fuel
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by danvon(m): 4:12am On Dec 30, 2017
Evolution theory sounds more mythical which is more mythical because atheist claim they don't believe in myths

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by hopefulLandlord: 4:54am On Dec 30, 2017
Nne5:

Very ridiculous theory.

Nne5:

Same way atheists believe something like bigbang occurred.
Only an ignorant person would claim Big Bang is an atheistic claim

Big Bang was first proposed by a theist, georges LemaƮtre, who was a Belgian physicist and Roman Catholic priest; the Pope at the time, The Pius XII, even wanted to make it part of the Christian doctrine as "proof of god"

atheists are in the business of curing your ignorances, so one of yours has just been cured, don't thank us, its community service

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by hopefulLandlord: 4:55am On Dec 30, 2017
danvon:
Evolution theory sounds more mythical which is more mythical because atheist claim they don't believe in myths

Evolution is a scientific claim not an atheistic one
there are several religions that accept evolution theory
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by danvon(m): 5:00am On Dec 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Evolution is a scientific claim not an atheistic one
there are several religions that accept evolution theory
No it's not a scientific theory and no religion accepts it unless that religion is atheism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by hopefulLandlord: 5:00am On Dec 30, 2017
adepeter2027:

Hope you know

My Guy! see as you finish our pastor
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by hopefulLandlord: 5:02am On Dec 30, 2017
danvon:
No it's not a scientific theory and no religion accepts it unless that religion is atheism
some Christians are starting to accept evolution theory although it brings a lot of problems and even invalidates Christianity but what do I know......
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by danvon(m): 5:03am On Dec 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
some Christians are starting to accept evolution theory although it brings a lot of problems and even invalidates Christianity but what do I know......
yea they are atheists not Christians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by hopefulLandlord: 5:05am On Dec 30, 2017
danvon:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

another ignorance cured, don't thank us, its community service

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by danvon(m): 5:10am On Dec 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

another ignorance cured, don't thank us, its community service
Theistic evolution? Some people are just funny, that's repackaged agnosticism

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Islam Improves On Christianity? / Dangers Of Sleeping With A Married Man Or Woman / What Jesus Meant By "Fullfiled The Law"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.