Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. (4954 Views)

There Is No Heaven It Is A Fairy Story:Stephen Hawking / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
Christians claims an omniscient God created man and woman and put them in a Garden. He gave them everything but a sense of right and wrong. He planted a tree in the center of the garden and made it bear beautifully attractive fruit knowing (since he is all knowing) that they would eat it. And when they did just what he had planned (since he is omnipotent, and he gave them no sense of right and wrong) he was stunned. Never saw that coming. His whole wonderful plan was spoiled and he had to put a taint of original sin that they couldn't know was sin (they did not know good from evil) on them that would be passed down to their children throughout all the generations and he would have to torture all of them in eternal, unimaginable suffering, because he loves them all. But then he hatched a plan to send himself down to earth and impregnate a woman with himself so he could sacrifice himself to himself to take away the taint of sin caused when a talking snake convinced the woman to eat the magic fruit and give some to her man.

Swallow all that and you are left to deal with the fact that there were people living all around the Earth, but even though this God character LOVES all his children and wants them all to have a personal relationship with him, it somehow slipped his omniscient mind to announce anything about his grand plan to anyone living outside a tiny area around the Mediterranean Sea for centuries, so billions lived and died in far off lands never even hearing about this Jesus they must accept. And to make matters worse, instead of just showing up on Earth and revealing himself, his great plan to redeem us all was to hide so well he is totally undetectable. When something is entirely undetectable and we can't even measure its influence on other things, there is really no difference between its existence and non-existence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by ekensi01: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2017
The guy above me said it all.

You better go to Church and hear the word of God than start creating an irrelevant tread

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
The lord is good
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2017
The more i distanced myself from church the more i know God. In the quest of knowledge you will come to realize that God really do exist.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Nne5: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
How come atheists even believe in big bang?
Very ridiculous theory.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nne5:
Very ridiculous theory.
How come Christians believe in Something that's non existing.
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by hatchy(f): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
Some people sef!
They are so drunken in their knowledge until they become foolish.

Only the fool say there is no God.

5 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
MT 16:28 , MK 9:1 , LK 9:27 Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom. This was said almost 2000 years ago.....hahahah.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
MK 16:17-18 A believer can handle snakes or drink poison and not experience any harm. O boy nor try am oo. your death is sure.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Nne5: 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
Neymar1095:
How come Christians believe in Something that's non existing.
Same way atheists believe something like bigbang occurred.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2017
hatchy:
Some people sef! They are so drunken in their knowledge until they become foolish.
Only the wise sayeth the emboldened loud

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nne5:
Very ridiculous theory.
hope you don't mind if I ask you 1-2questions.
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
You have been given up to your own school of thought. Boy run to get deliverance before it's late.

Neymar1095:
Christians claims an
omniscient God created man and woman
and put them in a Garden. He gave them
everything but a sense of right and
wrong. He planted a tree in the center of
the garden and made it bear beautifully
attractive fruit knowing (since he is all
knowing) that they would eat it. And
when they did just what he had planned
(since he is omnipotent, and he gave them
no sense of right and wrong) he was
stunned. Never saw that coming. His
whole wonderful plan was spoiled and he
had to put a taint of original sin that they
couldn't know was sin (they did not
know good from evil) on them that would
be passed down to their children
throughout all the generations and he
would have to torture all of them in
eternal, unimaginable suffering, because
he loves them all. But then he hatched a
plan to send himself down to earth and
impregnate a woman with himself so he
could sacrifice himself to himself to take
away the taint of sin caused when a
talking snake convinced the woman to eat
the magic fruit and give some to her man.

Swallow all that and you are left to deal
with the fact that there were people living
all around the Earth, but even though this
God character LOVES all his children and
wants them all to have a personal
relationship with him, it somehow slipped
his omniscient mind to announce
anything about his grand plan to anyone
living outside a tiny area around the
Mediterranean Sea for centuries, so
billions lived and died in far off lands
never even hearing about this Jesus they
must accept. And to make matters worse,
instead of just showing up on Earth and
revealing himself, his great plan to
redeem us all was to hide so well he is
totally undetectable. When something is
entirely undetectable and we can't even
measure its influence on other things,
there is really no difference between its
existence and non-existence.
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nne5:

Same way atheists believe something like bigbang occurred.
The Big Bang Theory is well detailed and it's still a theory not a certain. unlike Christians who base their belief on assumption whole heartledly
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
The Bible is filled with so much lies and contradictions that it's now a joke.

6 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Gentle034(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
Abeg u be Alien?
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
Neymar1095:
MT 16:28 , MK 9:1 , LK 9:27 Jesus
says that some of his listeners will
not taste death before he comes
again in his kingdom. This was said
almost 2000 years ago.....hahahah.

Probably you are one of those that will not see death while we are in heaven grin grin grin
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
Neymar1095:
The Bible is filled with so much lies and contradictions that it's now a joke.
If it full with contradictions why bother about it?
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Nne5: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
adepeter2027:
hope you don't mind if I ask you 1-2questions.
Go on

See me and atheists wan argue oo grin
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Nne5: 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2017
Neymar1095:

The Big Bang Theory is well detailed and it's still a theory not a certain. unlike Christians who base their belief on assumption whole heartledly
There's nothing detailed about big bang theory.
One reason I'll never believe that shyt.lol.

I'd take my assumptions over big bang theory any day bruv.
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nne5:

Go on

See me and atheists wan argue oo grin
First, I'm not an atheist or betterstill gat no tag/label.
Secondly, I didn't quote ya to engage into an argument.

Back to my question.
1. Who created the universe.
2. "if" god, can you describe the mechanism/processes he used. If you can't, can you pls briefly explain how he popped out something from nothing

Thank you
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by felixomor: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2017
Neymar1095:

The only ridiculous thing is to believe that a human being as complex as you
Far more complex than any computer made
Occured by chance by random accident.....

Impossible, my dear cool
Probability of that happening is zero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
felixomor:

Impossible, my dear cool
Àwé, how far naw

Long time.

Besides, to ya last line, the outcome will lead to an infinite regress. Hope you know
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Seun(m): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
felixomor:

Impossible, my dear cool
If we are too complex to exist by accident, then surely God is also too complex to exist by accident.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
Seun:
If we are too complex to exist by accident, then surely God is also too complex to exist by accident.
Exactly what I wanted to ask him.
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by pressplay411(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
hatchy:
Some people sef!
They are so drunken in their knowledge until they become foolish.

Well I beg to differ. It's not foolish to question heresy and dogma.
It seems more foolish to believe and worship an unseen entity. It takes Faith to believe in God.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
The scriptures says:

Foolishness is the issue of the cross to THOSE THAT WILL PERISH.

TO THOSE THAT ARE SAVED,.

IT IS THE POWER OF GOD.

The Op has chosen a path.

He should follow it.

As for me and my family,

Jesus is Lord.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by adepeter2027(m): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
pressplay411:

Well I beg to differ. It's not foolish to question heresy and dogma.
It seems more foolish to believe and worship an unseen entity. It takes Faith to believe in God.
Faith you say?

It takes madness to believe in God jare
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by felixomor: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
Seun:
God is existence himself
He precedes time, space and matter

1 Colossians 1:17- And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by pressplay411(m): 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
adepeter2027:

Faith you say?

It takes madness to believe in God jare

It's madness to believe anything others don't.
A genius/scientist is mad until he can prove his hypothesis holds true and becomes a theory.
Believe it or not, its efficacy cannot be denied.

It doesn't make God less God, rather it shuts you the unbeliever from the limitless powers that abound in God.
Re: How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. by Neymar1095(m): 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
And the only thing consistent in the bible is killing. FROM KILLING every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in HISTORY TO NU 31:31-40 32,000 virgins are taken by the Israelites as booty. Thirty-two are set aside (to be sacrificed?) as a tribute for the Lord. etc. what a merciful and kind God.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth / Between Jesus And Paul, Who Founded Christianity And It Doctrines. / Does The Bible Give Clues To How Old The Earth Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.