Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation (857 Views)

Honest Question To The Christians / ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell / Reincarnation Proof: How To Remember Your Past Life The Easiest Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 30, 2017
Is it possible for consciousness to reincarnate into the past?
Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by MightySparrow: 1:26am On Dec 30, 2017
Die first and come back to tell us..

1 Like

Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Sleekydee(m): 2:20am On Dec 30, 2017
Hati13:

I believe u just saw ancient aliens on history channel
Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 30, 2017
Sleekydee:

I believe u just saw ancient aliens on history channel
Yes I do (a few hours ago). They didn't talk about reincarnation into the past, but do you think that it's possible?
Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 30, 2017
Hati13:
Present consciousness going back to be born in the past? No way!

My take is that the feeling of being reincarnated is due to afew factors -

* The fact that the human spirit has a longer lifespan than the human body.
* Possession of human bodies by spirits.

So ... when a person dies, his spirit remains capable of possession of hu man body. The African traditional system had this understanding.That is why the burial ceremony had a very elaborate system of appeasing the dead. In my community, the dead were considered to have passed from a physical to a spiritual existence, and they were appeased by sacrifice and, naming children after them etc.

Naming was so important because it was not done hurriedly. People were named when they were chosen by particular spirits. The family would wait until it happened and it would be something very unmistaken, to the extent that many children would end up with the bad behaviour of the people they were named after -

Btw the dead spirits are part of what we call demons.

It also means that spirit possession was part of the culture - thank God my mum got saved. I would have collected some ancestral demons by getting involved in the traditional spiritual stuff. With modernity, it still happens in many communities. Especially to small children. just without the pomp that was in the past.

Which brings me to the theory of reincarnation. Obviously the spirits will be coming in to the new body with their past memories. That's reincarnation into the future. Into the past? I don't think what I described can happen in reverse.
Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Sleekydee(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2017
Hati13:

Yes I do (a few hours ago). They didn't talk about reincarnation into the past, but do you think that it's possible?

life itself is a mystery, lot of things re possible
Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2017
Muafrika2:

Present consciousness going back to be born in the past? No way!

My take is that the feeling of being reincarnated is due to afew factors -

* The fact that the human spirit has a longer lifespan than the human body.
* Possession of human bodies by spirits.

So ... when a person dies, his spirit remains capable of possession of hu man body. The African traditional system had this understanding.That is why the burial ceremony had a very elaborate system of appeasing the dead. In my community, the dead were considered to have passed from a physical to a spiritual existence, and they were appeased by sacrifice and, naming children after them etc.

Naming was so important because it was not done hurriedly. People were named when they were chosen by particular spirits. The family would wait until it happened and it would be something very unmistaken, to the extent that many children would end up with the bad behaviour of the people they were named after -

Btw the dead spirits are part of what we call demons.

It also means that spirit possession was part of the culture - thank God my mum got saved. I would have collected some ancestral demons by getting involved in the traditional spiritual stuff. With modernity, it still happens in many communities. Especially to small children. just without the pomp that was in the past.

Which brings me to the theory of reincarnation. Obviously the spirits will be coming in to the new body with their past memories. That's reincarnation into the future. Into the past? I don't think what I described can happen in reverse.

But think it like this. A given soul will go back to for example 1000 years into the past and as result of this a separate reality is created. That really will go on with different outcomes just like this and many other infinite realities. You can use a Google and can sometimes open a different tap to open another Google and another........ See it like this, but it might be possible like you said also.

Question, I thought that Christians don't believe in reincarnation. They say Demons are Devil, so how can you believe in it?
Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
Sleekydee:

life itself is a mystery, lot of things re possible
I'm with you
Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hati13:

But think it like this. A given soul will go back to for example 1000 years into the past and as result of this a separate reality is created. That really will go on with different outcomes just like this and many other infinite realities. You can use a Google and can sometimes open a different tap to open another Google and another........ See it like this, but it might be possible like you said also.

Question, I thought that Christians don't believe in reincarnation. They say Demons are Devil, so how can you believe in it?
I depend on understanding of God's word before doctrines and mens traditions. And I've seen enough to shake alot of the traditions I held onto before. grin So I keep an open mind.

I've seen spirits so old with my eyes, and knew they were thousands of years. So old that they looked like motionless old trees in young people walking around on earth. And it God who opened my eyes for a second or two. If you study the bible, you would notice that God addresses those spirits as men, and deals with several generations as a single entity. Read the prophets and you will realize this.
Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
Muafrika2:

I depend on understanding of God's word before doctrines and mens traditions. And I've seen enough to shake alot of the traditions I held onto before. grin So I keep an open mind.

I've seen spirits so old with my eyes, and knew they were thousands of years. So old that they looked like motionless old trees in young people walking around on earth. And it God who opened my eyes for a second or two. If you study the bible, you would notice that God addresses those spirits as men, and deals with several generations as a single entity. Read the prophets and you will realize this.
I saw this in a documentary last night showing a soul leaving the body of a dead person and my perspective on almost everything have changed since.

Question - do you believe this pic is true?

Re: Question To Those Who Believe In Reincarnation by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hati13:

I saw this in a documentary last night showing a soul leaving the body of a dead person and my perspective on almost everything have changed since.

Question - do you believe this pic is true?

Wouldn't belive it unless I saw it myself. Alot of photoshopped photos around these days.

(1) (Reply)

Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks (Land Battle btw Pastor And Businesman)Pics+Video / The Sincere Seeker Of Truth / Do You Believe In Supernatural Or Metaphysical Powers? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.