Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell (3651 Views)

Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:13am On Sep 09, 2021
God can not make a mistake
God already knows everything you are going to do through out your life

God already knows those that are his
God is not confused because he already knows where you are going to end up whether in heaven or in lake of fire.

God is not guessing who will be his people
God did not put salvation in the hands of man it in the hands of Jesus our God Almighty

Isaiah 46:9-11 tells us that God declares how things are going to turn out before they happen. He declares the end from the beginning and things that are not yet done.

Isaiah 46:10 ►
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’

New Living Translation
Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.

English Standard Version
declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’

Berean Study Bible
I declare the end from the beginning, and ancient times from what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and all My good pleasure I will accomplish.’

King James Bible
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Those who believe in Jesus will not and can never go to hell

Sin is always at war with God so one must win and it definitely not sin

You can't be saved and be unsaved you can't be saved and go to hell

You can not have Jesus in your life and be living in sin

You can not be speaking in tongues and go to hell

You can't have the holy spirit in you and go to hell

Believers won't be judged at the last day because our judgment start from when we became saved

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by shadeyinka(m): 8:26am On Sep 09, 2021
Christians are not the only ones who can speak in glossa.

I hope this scripture will help you

Mat 7:22-23:
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity."

1 Like

Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2021
shadeyinka:
Christians are not the only ones who can speak in glossa.

I hope this scripture will help you

Mat 7:22-23:
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity."

Notice this statement from Jesus

.... I never knew you.....

Here am talking about those that belong to Jesus those who are his

John 6
37 However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them. 38 For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.
39 And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.

Those who prophesied
Are different from those who speak in tongues
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by shadeyinka(m): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Notice this statement from Jesus

.... I never knew you.....

Here am talking about those that belong to Jesus those who are his

John 6
37 However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them. 38 For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.
39 And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.

Those who prophesied
Are different from those who speak in tongues
Are you aware that there are two kinds of tongues in Christianity
1. The Gift of tongues?
2. The Operation in tongues?
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:05am On Sep 09, 2021
shadeyinka:

Are you aware that there are two kinds of tongues in Christianity
1. The Gift of tongues?
2. The Operation in tongues?

Yes both are under the same speaking in tongues

The Gift of tongues is for your private use for your prayer your personal prayer life

While Operation in tongues
is for when you are speaking in the church as the head pastor
This operation in tongues as you call it must only be done when there is someone who can interpret what you say
or if you are saying it and equally interpreting it
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by shadeyinka(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Yes both are under the same speaking in tongues

The Gift of tongues is for your private use for your prayer your personal prayer life

While Operation in tongues
is for when you are speaking in the church as the head pastor
This operation in tongues as you call it must only be done when there is someone who can interpret what you say
or if you are saying it and equally interpreting it
I think you have mixed it up.
1. The Operation in tongues is for private use and edification
2. The Gift is for ministry to others and the body of Christ.

Every Christian can operate in Tongues (glossa) if and when they want. Like every Christian can give if and when they want without necessarily having the gift of Giving. Every Christian can encourage if and when they want without necessarily having the gift of encouragement. Every Christian can operate in Faith if and when they want without necessarily having the gift of Faith.
Every Christian can Teach if and when they want without necessarily having the gift and calling of a Teacher. Every Christian can Prophecy if and when they want without necessarily having the gift and calling of a Prophet.

As per gifts and calling, they are supernatural abilities given by the Holy Spirit for the Edification of the Body of Christ. None is for private use but Edification of others.

The Gift of tongues finds its use mainly in Evangelistic Ministrations where language is a barrier. The Gift also have several flavours within it. I can explain deeper on this if you want. The Gift is useless without interpretation (it must be understood by the targeted hearer)

The Operation in Tongues is for private edification
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
shadeyinka:

Every Christian can operate in Tongues (glossa) if and when they want. Like every Christian can give if and when they want without necessarily having the gift of Giving. Every Christian can encourage if and when they want without necessarily having the gift of encouragement. Every Christian can operate in Faith if and when they want without necessarily having the gift of Faith.
Every Christian can Teach if and when they want without necessarily having the gift and calling of a Teacher. Every Christian can Prophecy if and when they want without necessarily having the gift and calling of a Prophet.

As per gifts and calling, they are supernatural abilities given by the Holy Spirit for the Edification of the Body of Christ. None is for private use but Edification of others.

The Gift of tongues finds its use mainly in Evangelistic Ministrations where language is a barrier. The Gift also have several flavours within it. I can explain deeper on this if you want. The Gift is useless without interpretation (it must be understood by the targeted hearer)

To me maybe it my English translation in my head probably divers from your English

Gift of tongues I believe every believer has that while my interpretation of operation means the deeper level
I can give you all weapons but only guns you can shoot from all the weapons

But a professional can operate (operation) different weapons hope you understand this

Now let break down different tongues

Four Types of Tongues Found in the Bible
The Bible maps out for us 4 types or uses for the spiritual gift of speaking in tongues.

1. Tongues as an Actual Foreign Language
The first type of tongues we observe took place in the book of Acts, on the day of Pentecost.

2. Tongues as a Prayer Language
Praying in tongues carries a different function of this gift.
Expressions come from the Holy Spirit as one way that He may pray through us.

3. Tongues as a Form of Praise
Just as Paul spoke of practicing the gift of tongues as a prayer language, also laughing tongues, he also wrote about singing in tongues and praising God in the Spirit.

4. Tongues with Interpretation
The fourth type of tongues is found when a public message occurs in a public gathering of the church, given in the gift of tongues.
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by shadeyinka(m): 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

To me maybe it my English translation in my head probably divers from your English

Gift of tongues I believe every believer has that while my interpretation of operation means the deeper level
I can give you all weapons but only guns you can shoot from all the weapons

But a professional can operate (operation) different weapons hope you understand this

Now let break down different tongues

Four Types of Tongues Found in the Bible
The Bible maps out for us 4 types or uses for the spiritual gift of speaking in tongues.

1. Tongues as an Actual Foreign Language
The first type of tongues we observe took place in the book of Acts, on the day of Pentecost.

3. Tongues as a Form of Praise
Just as Paul spoke of practicing the gift of tongues as a prayer language, also laughing tongues, he also wrote about singing in tongues and praising God in the Spirit.

4. Tongues with Interpretation
The fourth type of tongues is found when a public message occurs in a public gathering of the church, given in the gift of tongues.
Operation simply means to function in the act of......

So a person who operates with tongues is one who uses tongues mainly for private edification
Herein,
Tongues as a Prayer Language and Tongues as a Form of Praise ARE strictly for private edification and thus not a Spiritual Gift

When Tongues are Actual Foreign Languages or Tongues with Interpretation , they MAY BE Spiritual Gifts depending on the use

The Gift of Tongues operates in diverse ways
1. Ability to Acquire and be proficient in a Foreign Language in a very short time for Apostolic and Evangelistic Ministries
2. Ability to Speak in a known language (English) which gets interpreted in the ears of the Hearers in their own local dialect (Fulfude)
3. Ability to Speak in glossa which gets interpreted in the ears of the Hearers in their own local dialect
4. Ability to speak an unlearnt foreign language for Apostolic and Evangelistic Ministries
There is no Spiritual Gift that is for personal use:
Eph 4:11-12
11 And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for works of ministry and to build up the body of Christ,

The Operations doesn't require a gifting. Every believer can operate in the office of every kind of spiritual gifts without necessarily having the Spiritual Gifts.

Every Christian must have FAITH, but not every Christian have the gift of Faith
Every Christian must have be able to HEAL, but not every Christian have the gift of Healing
Every Christian must have be able to TEACH, but not every Christian have the gift of Teaching
Every Christian must have be able to GIVE, but not every Christian have the gift of Giving
Every Christian must have be able to EVANGELISE, but not every Christian have the gift of the Evangelist

In the Above lies the difference.

If a Christians Tongues is NOT understood or the Tongues is mainly a prayer or praise Language, I am sorry, it isn't a SPIRITUAL GIFT. It is just operation into the office of the gifts.

Does every believer have the gift of giving?
Does every believer have the gift of teaching?
Is every believer an Evangelist?

Why should tongues be different?

Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
shadeyinka:

So a person who operates with tongues is one who uses tongues mainly for private edification
Herein,
Tongues as a Prayer Language and Tongues as a Form of Praise ARE strictly for private edification and thus not a Spiritual Gift

When Tongues are Actual Foreign Languages or Tongues with Interpretation , they MAY BE Spiritual Gifts depending on the use

1. Ability to Acquire and be proficient in a Foreign Language in a very short time for Apostolic and Evangelistic Ministries
2. Ability to Speak in a known language (English) which gets interpreted in the ears of the Hearers in their own local dialect (Fulfude)
3. Ability to Speak in glossa which gets interpreted in the ears of the Hearers in their own local dialect
4. Ability to speak an unlearnt foreign language for Apostolic and Evangelistic Ministries
Eph 4:11-12
11 And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for works of ministry and to build up the body of Christ,

The Operations doesn't require a gifting. Every believer can operate in the office of every kind of spiritual gifts without necessarily having the Spiritual Gifts.

Every Christian must have be able to HEAL, but not every Christian have the gift of Healing
Every Christian must have be able to TEACH, but not every Christian have the gift of Teaching
Every Christian must have be able to GIVE, but not every Christian have the gift of Giving
Every Christian must have be able to EVANGELISE, but not every Christian have the gift of the Evangelist

In the Above lies the difference.

If a Christians Tongues is NOT understood or the Tongues is mainly a prayer or praise Language, I am sorry, it isn't a SPIRITUAL GIFT. It is just operation into the office of the gifts.

Why should tongues be different?

Answer
You can use the English language definitions you want that is not an issue

Answer
Wrong don't say that all gift is first for personal use before you use it to bless others
You can't be un saved and you want to save some one else it doesn't work that way you can't have a plank in your eyes and want to remove a small dirt in another person eyes

This notion is suggested in Romans 8:26,

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Romans 8:26 (NIV)
The following verses suggest that the gift of tongues can be found as a prayer language inspired by the Holy Spirit.

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Corinthians 13:1 (NIV)
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 14:2 (NIV)
For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. So, what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding.

1 Corinthians 14:14-15 (NIV)
Tongues as expressed in a language grounded in prayer, seem to have very positive effects of building up oneself in one’s relationship with God.

Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.

1 Corinthians 14:4 (NIV)
The situation in Corinth reveals that people were calling attention to themselves to demonstrate their spirituality with the gift of tongues. This was not building the church or encouraging the people.

Paul writes the phrase, as one who “speaks in a tongue edifies himself.” This is likely based on Paul’s personal experience in prayer, since he writes that he regularly spoke and prayed in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:18).

Answer
Sorry what that place means is not every one in church can minister speaking in tongues at the same time as a church pastor

Paul is saying it should be done accordingly one person at the altar leading the tongues and another one interpreting it or maybe that person speaking and interpreting

Try to understand just like not every one can stand and be a pastor at the same time that what Paul is saying here
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by shadeyinka(m): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Answer
You can use the English language definitions you want that is not an issue
It's unfortunate that it goes contrary to your pastors definition
If you are willing to slow down to reason with the scriptures you will understand that speaking in tongues may not necessarily be a spiritual gift of a person
Bishopkingsley:

Answer
Wrong don't say that all gift is first for personal use before you use it to bless others
You can't be un saved and you want to save some one else it doesn't work that way you can't have a plank in your eyes and want to remove a small dirt in another person eyes
Examples of spiritual gifts that are for private use?
Bishopkingsley:

This notion is suggested in Romans 8:26,
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
Romans 8:26 (NIV)
The following verses suggest that the gift of tongues can be found as a prayer language inspired by the Holy Spirit.

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Corinthians 13:1 (NIV)
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 14:2 (NIV)
For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. So, what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding.

1 Corinthians 14:14-15 (NIV)
Tongues as expressed in a language grounded in prayer, seem to have very positive effects of building up oneself in one’s relationship with God.

Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.

1 Corinthians 14:4 (NIV)
The situation in Corinth reveals that people were calling attention to themselves to demonstrate their spirituality with the gift of tongues. This was not building the church or encouraging the people.

Paul writes the phrase, as one who “speaks in a tongue edifies himself.” This is likely based on Paul’s personal experience in prayer, since he writes that he regularly spoke and prayed in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:18).
The church of Christ is powerless because they major in the minor and minor in the major.

How come other spiritual gifts are scarce amongst believers except that which can easily be cloned with NO ACCOUNTABILITY.
How come the gifts of healing is scarce
How come the prophetic gift is scarce
How come interpretation of tongues is scarce

But how come every christian is claiming a gift that has no benefit to the church

Bishopkingsley:

Answer
Sorry what that place means is not every one in church can minister speaking in tongues at the same time as a church pastor
No sir. That wasn't my question.
My question was:
Have you ever prayed for healling of a person that God answerred?
Does it make you a gifted for healing?

Have you ever had faith?
Does it mean you have the gift of faith?

Have you ever led a person to Christ?
Does it make you an evangelist?

The point is that a believer can operate in the office of ANY spiritual gift not necessarily because they have the GIFT. Why would speaking in tongue be an exception?

Bishopkingsley:

Paul is saying it should be done accordingly one person at the altar leading the tongues and another one interpreting it or maybe that person speaking and interpreting

Try to understand just like not every one can stand and be a pastor at the same time that what Paul is saying here

Will you say that everyone who speaks in Tongues have the gift of Tongues?

Please don't just believe any Pastor or Ministry instead, Reason with the Scripture!

I wish you can answer this question (in blue highlight) truthfully: therein lies the beginning of your spiritual enlightenment with respect to spiritual gifts and especially tongues
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
shadeyinka:

If you are willing to slow down to reason with the scriptures you will understand that speaking in tongues may not necessarily be a spiritual gift of a person

Examples of spiritual gifts that are for private use?

The church of Christ is powerless because they major in the minor and minor in the major.

How come other spiritual gifts are scarce amongst believers except that which can easily be cloned with NO ACCOUNTABILITY.
How come the gifts of healing is scarce
How come the prophetic gift is scarce
How come interpretation of tongues is scarce

But how come every christian is claiming a gift that has no benefit to the church

No sir. That wasn't my question.
My question was:
Have you ever prayed for healling of a person that God answerred?
Does it make you a gifted for healing?

Have you ever had faith?
Does it mean you have the gift of faith?

Have you ever led a person to Christ?
Does it make you an evangelist?

The point is that a believer can operate in the office of ANY spiritual gift not necessarily because they have the GIFT. Why would speaking in tongue be an exception?

Please don't just believe any Pastor or Ministry instead, Reason with the Scripture!

I wish you can answer this question (in blue highlight) truthfully: therein lies the beginning of your spiritual enlightenment with respect to spiritual gifts and especially tongues

Answer
Funny there is a level you get to God God begins to speak to you directly I don't need a pastor to teach me this because I hear from my father all the time and I read what he says in the Bible I have shown you four types of tongues you can refute it it won't matter because that what in the Bible it can't be removed

Answer
Every one who receives Jesus in his life will equally receive the holy spirit at some point and when the holy spirit comes he brings to you his evidence which is speaking in tongues

Now there are different gift the holy spirit brings but all believers must have the gift of tongues because that is the right way to communicate with Jehovah he who speaks in tongues speak not to men but to God

Now when it comes to ministry gift all believers once in a while can walk in any one of the ministry gift but one or two ministry gift will be so much showing in your life which will be what people will know you carry but that does not mean that you can't operate the other ones when need arrive

For example God brings to you people who need healing in their body but what your ministry gift is on teaching or Word of knowledge as long as God brought them to you God will activate temporarily the gift of healing to work in your life to help those once at that moment that does not mean it your full calling area but that how God does it

So it depends on the need on ground that what activates the gift within you
The holy spirit is God in you and all the gift works in you but God designed it for it to work according to how he God wills

Question

Answer
Yes long as you have holy spirit you can move from one ministry gift to another ministry gift when there is an urgent need on ground for the people of God
Now example you start to speak in tongues and as time goes on you become a pastor you stand on the altar to preach and God hit you with tongues as he hit you there you speak and he gives you the interpretation immediately you equally say it after you leave the church you will find out that you can not interpret your own personal prayer life tongues why because your own personal prayer life own is between your sprit and God but that one that happens in church was to edify the church for church growth many examples of people preaching and switching from one gift to another abound

Paul was teaching and he saw one cripple person hearing what he was saying he saw this guy had faith in what he was saying he commanded him Paul did not even say in Jesus name he just commanded the man and God's miracle And faith began to work

Acts 14
7 And there they preached the gospel.
8 And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked:
9 The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed,
10 Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.

Answer
Am fully grown in the things of God the things I say are in the scriptures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Nancy2020(f): 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by shadeyinka(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Answer
Funny there is a level you get to God God begins to speak to you directly I don't need a pastor to teach me this because I hear from my father all the time and I read what he says in the Bible I have shown you four types of tongues you can refute it it won't matter because that what in the Bible it can't be removed
Then you have a wrong definition. Trust me, that used to be my definition too when we sheepishly followed the big men of God (usually American) who wrote books we devoured without thinking

Bishopkingsley:

Answer
Every one who receives Jesus in his life will equally receive the holy spirit at some point and when the holy spirit comes he brings to you his evidence which is speaking in tongues

Now there are different gift the holy spirit brings but all believers must have the gift of tongues because that is the right way to communicate with Jehovah he who speaks in tongues speak not to men but to God

Now when it comes to ministry gift all believers once in a while can walk in any one of the ministry gift but one or two ministry gift will be so much showing in your life which will be what people will know you carry but that does not mean that you can't operate the other ones when need arrive

For example God brings to you people who need healing in their body but what your ministry gift is on teaching or Word of knowledge as long as God brought them to you God will activate temporarily the gift of healing to work in your life to help those once at that moment that does not mean it your full calling area but that how God does it

So it depends on the need on ground that what activates the gift within you
The holy spirit is God in you and all the gift works in you but God designed it for it to work according to how he God wills
I can see where you got it all wrong.
You seem to mix up two different experiences of
1. Being Filled with the Holy Spirit
2. Being baptized with the Holy Spirit
Everyone who is Born again is Baptized in/with the Holy Spirit
Being Filled is a command: and it leads to several manifestations such as Faith, Prophecy, Tongues, etc. It simply means being controlled/intoxicated/influenced by the Holy Spirit

Bishopkingsley:

Question

Answer
Yes long as you have holy spirit you can move from one ministry gift to another ministry gift when there is an urgent need on ground for the people of God
Now example you start to speak in tongues and as time goes on you become a pastor you stand on the altar to preach and God hit you with tongues as he hit you there you speak and he gives you the interpretation immediately you equally say it after you leave the church you will find out that you can not interpret your own personal prayer life tongues why because your own personal prayer life own is between your sprit and God but that one that happens in church was to edify the church for church growth many examples of people preaching and switching from one gift to another abound

Paul was teaching and he saw one cripple person hearing what he was saying he saw this guy had faith in what he was saying he commanded him Paul did not even say in Jesus name he just commanded the man and God's miracle And faith began to work

Acts 14
7 And there they preached the gospel.
8 And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked:
9 The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed,
10 Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.
How come people who specialize in tongues seem to be so powerless. Apart from tongues, (which even unbelievers can do), what makes you special?
How come deliverance is scarce amongst those who specialize in tongues as a gift?
How come tongues as a known language is completely absent amongst those of you who specialize in tongues as a gift?
How come you all seem to depend on your pastors for miracles instead of each one of you being a minister of Healing, Deliverance, Evangelism etc.

Your glossa is not making any impact. Every spiritual gift does make impact within the body of Christ.

Bishopkingsley:

Answer
Am fully grown in the things of God the things I say are in the scriptures
But you are following the crowd with your comprehension.

Why is tongues for every believer BUT the interpretation of tongues is optional?

Let me show you a few scriptures that set me free from such mentality
Rom 8:26-27
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. 27 And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God

Who does the groaning intercessory representation for us believers?
Is it our spirit or the Holy Spirit?

1 Cor 14:14-16
14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15 What then shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind. I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind. 16 Otherwise, if you speak a blessing in spirit, how can someone who is uninstructed say “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying?

I guess it is clear to see that I can choose to either pray WITH my spirit or pray WITH my understanding.

1. Do you think that the Holy Spirit pray for us ONLY when we pray with our spirits?
2. Which kind of prayer is superior (praying with my spirit or praying with my understanding)?

I pray you will meditate on these questions and not just repeat preconceived notions
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by shadeyinka(m): 8:49am On Sep 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Hello, I noticed that you seem not to be able to quote a post in your responses easily.

To quote, follow this procedure
1. Copy the header such as
.[quote auth.or=Bishop.kingsley post=105658261] or
[qu.ote author=Dtruth.speaker post=105632480] or
[quo.te author=shade.yinka post=105658260]

on the block you intend to quote
AND
at the end or bound of the post you intend to quote, you type
[/quote]
After bounding the selection with the HEADER and the BOUND, you can now type your response

Example
Lets assume I want to quote a snipet of your post,

[quote au.thor=Bishopkingsley post=105658261]
[/qu.ote]
My response
Then you have a wrong definition. Trust me, that used to be my definition too when we sheepishly followed the big men of God (usually American) who wrote books we devoured without thinking

Cheers Bro!
Sorry, all the punctuation marks are meant to prevent nairaland from seeing the commands as actual intentions
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2021
shadeyinka:

I can see where you got it all wrong.
You seem to mix up two different experiences of
1. Being Filled with the Holy Spirit
2. Being baptized with the Holy Spirit
Being Filled is a command: and it leads to several manifestations such as Faith, Prophecy, Tongues, etc. It simply means being controlled/intoxicated/influenced by the Holy Spirit

How come people who specialize in tongues seem to be so powerless. Apart from tongues, (which even unbelievers can do), what makes you special?
How come deliverance is scarce amongst those who specialize in tongues as a gift?
How come tongues as a known language is completely absent amongst those of you who specialize in tongues as a gift?
How come you all seem to depend on your pastors for miracles instead of each one of you being a minister of Healing, Deliverance, Evangelism etc.

Your glossa is not making any impact. Every spiritual gift does make impact within the body of Christ.

But you are following the crowd with your comprehension.

Why is tongues for every believer BUT the interpretation of tongues is optional?

Let me show you a few scriptures that set me free from such mentality
Rom 8:26-27
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. 27 And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God

1 Cor 14:14-16
14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15 What then shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind. I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind. 16 Otherwise, if you speak a blessing in spirit, how can someone who is uninstructed say “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying?

I guess it is clear to see that I can choose to either pray WITH my spirit or pray WITH my understanding.

1. Do you think that the Holy Spirit pray for us ONLY when we pray with our spirits?
2. Which kind of prayer is superior (praying with my spirit or praying with my understanding)?

I pray you will meditate on these questions and not just repeat preconceived notions

Then you have a wrong definition

Answer
You are the one who got it all wrong you said speaking in tongues is not for personal private use which means you don't have it because if you do you see it for your praying time with God
You speak mysterious things with it to God it in the Bible
Paul only said the pastor should not use it on the altar because no one will understand him but he can only use it when he or another can interpret it infact if you can interpret it in church Bible say you are greater than those who preach normal preaching

Being baptized with the Holy Spirit

Answer
No because When you are born again you receive Jesus in your life next step is to Ask for the holy spirit in your life

Luke 11:13 ►
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

John 20
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

This followers have received Jesus but not holy spirit now When Jesus breath on them to receive holy spirit the holy spirit did not come until the day of penticost, so each believer has their own day of penticost when after receiving Jesus the holy spirit will come to you with evidence of tongues..

That why Jesus said pray for the holy spirit to come to you

The thief on the cross did not receive the holy spirit he only got Jesus

I can show you many in the Bible who know Jesus but not the holy spirit Paul even told them do they know holy spirit they all said no we have not heard about him then Paul taught them and they received holy spirit

So you can be born again and have Jesus but not the holy spirit the holy spirit is a person a special gift

Answer
Nope unbelievers can't even have Jesus unless they confess him not to talk about the holy spirit
The speaking in tongues has helped me in my own personal life which if I tell you you will be shocked
Now many of my friends have gain salvation from my testimony my friend soul winning is the highest manifestation God wants life been changed is what God is after
Miracle won't make you change because people see miracle each day and neglect God still

Answer
All this things you list are happening through my hands and through many other men of God in their churches but you have not been fortunate to come across the places it happening but I pray God lead you to those places so you can be satisfied with the evidence

Answer
Wrong it makes impact without people like us the earth will be destroyed but because we are the salt of the earth you abide safely

Answer
Many pastor speak in tongues if you notice immediately after that they say English words those words are the interpretation of the tongues they just spoke
It optional because it only used when talking to other people in church
You don't need it when praying privately

Answer
The holy spirit helps your spirit to pray it like a conversation holy spirit talks to your spirit your spirit talks back in the language of God that why your mind don't understand that language because it spirit vs holy spirit talking

Answer
Here Paul is saying the same thing as you pray in the spirit equally interpret it with the understanding so people can understand it or you keep still in the church as a pastor

Answer
God said speaking in tongues is a mystery so up till now no one knows what he or she speaks with God to when they do private talk with the holy spirit
The mystery is what makes us superior and humble

Answer
All this question is easy because I asked God all of them in my heart and as I walk in the things of God I kept seeing the answers one by one from the Bible and my own experiences
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2021
shadeyinka:

Hello, I noticed that you seem not to be able to quote a post in your responses easily.

To quote, follow this procedure
1. Copy the header such as
After bounding the selection with the HEADER and the BOUND, you can now type your response

Example
Lets assume I want to quote a snipet of your post,

[b]

I decided to be unique and develop this quote and answer methods

I love to be different to have a form of separate formula to be known by
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by shadeyinka(m): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Then you have a wrong definition

Answer
You are the one who got it all wrong you said speaking in tongues is not for personal private use which means you don't have it because if you do you see it for your praying time with God
You speak mysterious things with it to God it in the Bible
Paul only said the pastor should not use it on the altar because no one will understand him but he can only use it when he or another can interpret it infact if you can interpret it in church Bible say you are greater than those who preach normal preaching
You are the one who quoted me wrongly
shadeyinka:

See the highlight in YELLOW

Paul SAID:
1 Cor 14:26-28
26 What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a psalm or a teaching, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. All of these must be done to build up the church. 27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two, or at most three, should speak in turn, and someone must interpret. 28 But if there is no interpreter, he should remain silent in the church and speak only to himself and God

Paul did NOT SAY:
''.... the pastor should not use it on the altar'
I have highlighted the key words in 1Cor 14:26-28
Does verse 28 refer to the Pastor?
The scripture give the guideline as to speaking tongues: at most three people one after the other WHEN there is an interpreter. It doesn't refer to pastors. There was even no mention of alters because as of that time, the church met in individual homes of believers

You are reading a non-existing interpretation into the scripture
Bishopkingsley:

Being baptized with the Holy Spirit

Answer
No because When you are born again you receive Jesus in your life next step is to Ask for the holy spirit in your life

Luke 11:13 ►
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

John 20
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

This followers have received Jesus but not holy spirit now When Jesus breath on them to receive holy spirit the holy spirit did not come until the day of penticost, so each believer has their own day of penticost when after receiving Jesus the holy spirit will come to you with evidence of tongues..

That why Jesus said pray for the holy spirit to come to you

The thief on the cross did not receive the holy spirit he only got Jesus

I can show you many in the Bible who know Jesus but not the holy spirit Paul even told them do they know holy spirit they all said no we have not heard about him then Paul taught them and they received holy spirit

So you can be born again and have Jesus but not the holy spirit the holy spirit is a person a special gift

Answer
Nope unbelievers can't even have Jesus unless they confess him not to talk about the holy spirit
The speaking in tongues has helped me in my own personal life which if I tell you you will be shocked
Now many of my friends have gain salvation from my testimony my friend soul winning is the highest manifestation God wants life been changed is what God is after
Miracle won't make you change because people see miracle each day and neglect God still
You make it look like, having Jesus is different from having the Holy Spirit
John 14:16-18
I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper , that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you

Eph 4:4
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
1 Cor 12:12-13
12 The body is a unit, though it is composed of many parts. And although its parts are many, they all form one body. So it is with Christ. 13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free, and we were all given one Spirit to drink.

Can you please reconcile this scriptures with your answer?
Which Baptism is this speaking about?
Baptism unto salvation, Water Baptism or Baptism unto tongues?

Bishopkingsley:

Answer
All this things you list are happening through my hands and through many other men of God in their churches but you have not been fortunate to come across the places it happening but I pray God lead you to those places so you can be satisfied with the evidence
If I have not been fortunate to come across the places it happening, dont you think it is a big problem knowing that at least 80% of Pentecostal churches belong to this school of thought.

Deliverance doesn't come by tongues, it comes with COMMAND in Jesus name.

Demonized people also speak in tongues (at least I have come across one before)

Bishopkingsley:

Answer
Wrong it makes impact without people like us the earth will be destroyed but because we are the salt of the earth you abide safely

Answer
Many pastor speak in tongues if you notice immediately after that they say English words those words are the interpretation of the tongues they just spoke
It optional because it only used when talking to other people in church
You don't need it when praying privately
The impact of tongues is evidence for all to see

And you will claim to be different from white garment churches. Are you aware that they even speak in tongues with interpretation more that you all?
How are you different?

Bishopkingsley:

Answer
The holy spirit helps your spirit to pray it like a conversation holy spirit talks to your spirit your spirit talks back in the language of God that why your mind don't understand that language because it spirit vs holy spirit talking
Your bias will NOT allow you to note that there is a difference between when the HOLY SPIRIT pray for us and when MY SPIRIT prays

Why is the Holy Spirit our ADVOCATE and INTERCESSOR if He
Romans 8:26
Verse Concepts
In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;

But to you, praying with YOUR spirit is actually making the HOLY SPIRIT pray for you.

How about when you pray with your understanding? Is the Holy Spirit ABSENT?

Bishopkingsley:

Answer
Here Paul is saying the same thing as you pray in the spirit equally interpret it with the understanding so people can understand it or you keep still in the church as a pastor

Answer
God said speaking in tongues is a mystery so up till now no one knows what he or she speaks with God to when they do private talk with the holy spirit
The mystery is what makes us superior and humble

Answer
All this question is easy because I asked God all of them in my heart and as I walk in the things of God I kept seeing the answers one by one from the Bible and my own experiences
Slow down to listen as you read the scripture!
You may need to look around and show how tongues has made you superior
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
shadeyinka:

You are the one who quoted me wrongly

See the highlight in YELLOW

Paul SAID:
1 Cor 14:26-28
26 What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a psalm or a teaching, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. All of these must be done to build up the church. 27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two, or at most three, should speak in turn, and someone must interpret. 28 But if there is no interpreter, he should remain silent in the church and speak only to himself and God

Paul did NOT SAY:
''.... the pastor should not use it on the altar'
I have highlighted the key words in 1Cor 14:26-28
Does verse 28 refer to the Pastor?
The scripture give the guideline as to speaking tongues: at most three people one after the other WHEN there is an interpreter. It doesn't refer to pastors. There was even no mention of alters because as of that time, the church met in individual homes of believers

You are reading a non-existing interpretation into the scripture

John 14:16-18
I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper , that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you

4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
1 Cor 12:12-13
12 The body is a unit, though it is composed of many parts. And although its parts are many, they all form one body. So it is with Christ. 13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free, and we were all given one Spirit to drink.

If I have not been fortunate to come across the places it happening, dont you think it is a big problem knowing that at least 80% of Pentecostal churches belong to this school of thought.

The impact of tongues is evidence for all to see

And you will claim to be different from white garment churches. Are you aware that they even speak in tongues with interpretation more that you all?
How are you different?

Your bias will NOT allow you to note that there is a difference between when the HOLY SPIRIT pray for us and when MY SPIRIT prays

Why is the Holy Spirit our ADVOCATE and INTERCESSOR if He
Romans 8:26
Verse Concepts
In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;

But to you, praying with YOUR spirit is actually making the HOLY SPIRIT pray for you.

two, or at most three, should speak in turn,

Answer
Notice Paul said two or three that means they come up in front to speak that front means altar it not must you can use any name to call it but at least it in front where those at the back can see

Why I said pastor is someone must pick those two or three or tell me who will select who will speak when every one in church can speak, the truth is that no church follows this rules of calling people to speak one by one all the time that why you see pastor saying in Jesus name we pray and you see every one saying amen and every one ending their prayer in church

The point Paul want to pass is pray tongues in your home don't bother others in church with it unless God is trying to say something from your lips and God will tell the pastor when another person has something important to say more than the pastor

If you don't want to call the person who will bring out the people among thousands of people in church pastor then Call that person instructor

Answer

Acts 2:38
Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:45
All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.

Acts 11:17
Therefore if God gave to them the same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God’s way?”

Notice what Peter said
after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ,

Now Jesus is God Almighty
So receiving Jesus is equally having the holy spirit..

But manifesting the gift of the Holy Spirit is a totally different thing and that is what am talking about when you speak in tongues that is evidence of holy spirit living in you he comes with the gift of speaking in tongues and other gift infact the holy spirit is also a gift

Answer
There is only two Baptism
John the Baptist own called water baptism
Then
Jesus Baptism called holy spirit Baptism with fire

Is talking about holy spirit Baptism the spiritual baptism that is the real baptism

Answer
The truth is that deliverance comes by many methods there is a story of people who copy what Jesus instructed his disciples to do and they were successful
There is a story of people who wanted to do what Paul and Peter did and the demon ask them I know Paul but who are you
There are different ways to deliver it actually has no formula but
Speaking in tongues is the most powerful thing to have I know what am saying

Answer
Incantation is different from speaking in tongues

How are you different?

Answer
Those I can not verify their source of power or tongues but by the fruit you shall know them wearing white and not putting on shoes is like a cult thing while in Christ there is liberty I can speak in tongues at any place when the power hit me I don't need to wear white or go shoes less
Notice white garment always call on angels names which Bible forbids

Answer
Notice what I said
it like a conversation holy spirit talks to your spirit..... I did not say that the holy spirit won't pray for you that why I said it like a conversation... The holy spirit will intercede for you means he will communicate with you and help you too to learn how to pray

Answer
Man is made up of three dimensions
Body
Soul
Spirit

Whom is speaking in tongues it the human spirit

Whom is praying with your understanding?
It the soul the mind the brain
So as you feed your brain with understanding prayer also feed your spirit with tongues

Answer
I told you if I open my mouth to tell you what this gift has done for me you will be shocked and you won't believe it so no need to boast
This is what Jesus the almighty God said he will give to those who believe he did not say he will give them billions but the holy spirit

ETERNAL life can not be bought so don't neglect the holy spirit gift
Life is about ability to life forever so living with God in the new earth is actually what count in this vanity world
That is what the holy spirit is all about to give

1 Like

Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Betscoreodds: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
God can not make a mistake
God already knows everything you are going to do through out your life

God already knows those that are his
God is not confused because he already knows where you are going to end up whether in heaven or in lake of fire.

God is not guessing who will be his people
God did not put salvation in the hands of man it in the hands of Jesus our God Almighty

Isaiah 46:9-11 tells us that God declares how things are going to turn out before they happen. He declares the end from the beginning and things that are not yet done.

Isaiah 46:10 ►
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’

New Living Translation
Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.

English Standard Version
declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’

Berean Study Bible
I declare the end from the beginning, and ancient times from what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and all My good pleasure I will accomplish.’

King James Bible
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Those who believe in Jesus will not and can never go to hell

Sin is always at war with God so one must win and it definitely not sin

You can't be saved and be unsaved you can't be saved and go to hell

You can not have Jesus in your life and be living in sin

You can not be speaking in tongues and go to hell

You can't have the holy spirit in you and go to hell

Believers won't be judged at the last day because our judgment start from when we became saved
what is the fate of Judas?
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
Betscoreodds:
what is the fate of Judas?

He refused to Repent
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by TenQ: 5:55am On Sep 12, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

I decided to be unique and develop this quote and answer methods

I love to be different to have a form of separate formula to be known by
The method isn't good enough. It strains the responder
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by TenQ: 6:10am On Sep 12, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

two, or at most three, should speak in turn,

Answer
Notice Paul said two or three that means they come up in front to speak that front means altar it not must you can use any name to call it but at least it in front where those at the back can see

Why I said pastor is someone must pick those two or three or tell me who will select who will speak when every one in church can speak, the truth is that no church follows this rules of calling people to speak one by one all the time that why you see pastor saying in Jesus name we pray and you see every one saying amen and every one ending their prayer in church

The point Paul want to pass is pray tongues in your home don't bother others in church with it unless God is trying to say something from your lips and God will tell the pastor when another person has something important to say more than the pastor

If you don't want to call the person who will bring out the people among thousands of people in church pastor then Call that person instructor

Answer

Acts 2:38
Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:45
All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.

Acts 11:17
Therefore if God gave to them the same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God’s way?”

Notice what Peter said
after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ,

Now Jesus is God Almighty
So receiving Jesus is equally having the holy spirit..

But manifesting the gift of the Holy Spirit is a totally different thing and that is what am talking about when you speak in tongues that is evidence of holy spirit living in you he comes with the gift of speaking in tongues and other gift infact the holy spirit is also a gift

Answer
There is only two Baptism
John the Baptist own called water baptism
Then
Jesus Baptism called holy spirit Baptism with fire

Is talking about holy spirit Baptism the spiritual baptism that is the real baptism

Answer
The truth is that deliverance comes by many methods there is a story of people who copy what Jesus instructed his disciples to do and they were successful
There is a story of people who wanted to do what Paul and Peter did and the demon ask them I know Paul but who are you
There are different ways to deliver it actually has no formula but
Speaking in tongues is the most powerful thing to have I know what am saying

Answer
Incantation is different from speaking in tongues

How are you different?

Answer
Those I can not verify their source of power or tongues but by the fruit you shall know them wearing white and not putting on shoes is like a cult thing while in Christ there is liberty I can speak in tongues at any place when the power hit me I don't need to wear white or go shoes less
Notice white garment always call on angels names which Bible forbids

Answer
Notice what I said
it like a conversation holy spirit talks to your spirit..... I did not say that the holy spirit won't pray for you that why I said it like a conversation... The holy spirit will intercede for you means he will communicate with you and help you too to learn how to pray

Answer
Man is made up of three dimensions
Body
Soul
Spirit

Whom is speaking in tongues it the human spirit

Whom is praying with your understanding?
It the soul the mind the brain
So as you feed your brain with understanding prayer also feed your spirit with tongues

Answer
I told you if I open my mouth to tell you what this gift has done for me you will be shocked and you won't believe it so no need to boast
This is what Jesus the almighty God said he will give to those who believe he did not say he will give them billions but the holy spirit

ETERNAL life can not be bought so don't neglect the holy spirit gift
Life is about ability to life forever so living with God in the new earth is actually what count in this vanity world
That is what the holy spirit is all about to give
Are these different manifestations of the gift of tongues?
Do you have additions to the above?

Is this set of statement below true about EVERY spiritual gift?

1 Like

Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:52am On Sep 12, 2021
TenQ:

Answer
Acts two

When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers.

7 They were completely amazed. “How can this be?” they exclaimed. “These people are all from Galilee, 8 and yet we hear them speaking in our own native languages! 9 Here we are—Parthians, Medes, Elamites, people from Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, the province of Asia, 10 Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, and the areas of Libya around Cyrene, visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism), Cretans, and Arabs. And we all hear these people speaking in our own languages about the wonderful things God has done!” 12 They stood there amazed and perplexed. “What can this mean?” they asked each other.
13 But others in the crowd ridiculed them, saying, “They’re just drunk, that’s all!”

If you notice around five thousand people in a hall having a meeting and suddenly
All began to speak in tongues together
Let do the practical thing in our mind

If you see five thousand people even speaking English together will you be able to understand any one of them the answer is no because it only noise that you are going to hear that is the simple truth

So actually what happened there is a miracle so what really happened is all where speaking in tongues in super natural language and when the other people outside heard the noise read it you will see they came to see what this noise is about and when they came since it a miracle God enabled the tongues noise and switch it so that they began to hear the noise in their own language clearly you can see it a miracle notice others heard and saw this miracle and still refuse to believe

Answer
Yes
Now one can be speaking in tongues and all those things you list will be happening
There is actually no limit to what God can do through speaking in tongues because it is a mystery

But if you notice from this Acts 2, this is what actually happened

3. Ability to Speak in tongues which gets interpreted supernaturally in the ears of each Hearers in their own local dialect

Answer
There is no limit to the working of God
God will do whatever it takes to save those who are lost
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:53am On Sep 12, 2021
Part two answer is coming
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:23am On Sep 12, 2021
TenQ:

Answer
Now everyone who have under gone holy spirit Baptism must have all those things you pointed out (must have be able to HEAL,must have FAITH etc)

Because you have the holy spirit in you which means you have God inside you

But notice in the Bible the gift is for ministry work that gift comes upon you for ministry
God made it in such a way so we don't abuse it (gift of Healing, gift of Faith etc)

So God gave each person one or two of the gift as a calling on their life's, when he gives you the one he wants you to have it becomes the area you walk on easily without stress which means that auction power comes upon you easily for the work

But that does not mean they can not operate on the other gift when the need arise

The purpose of giving each person different one's to operate in is so we don't abuse it or become like the devil with pride
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Myer(m): 8:29am On Sep 12, 2021
shadeyinka:

Do you have the gift of interpretation of tongues?

Seems everyone speaks in tongues but no one to interprete.
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by shadeyinka(m): 10:59am On Sep 12, 2021
Myer:

Do you have the gift of interpretation of tongues?

Seems everyone speaks in tongues but no one to interprete.
I don't even have the gift of tongues l.

99.999% of those who pray in tongues do not have the gift. The GIFT operates mainly in
1. Evangelistic Ministries
2. Apostolic Ministries

2. Ability to Speak in a known language (e.g. English) which gets interpreted in the ears of the Hearers in their own local dialect (e.g. Fulfude)

If glossa is the tongue referred to, it is just a prayer language and not a spiritual gift.
If dialectos is the tongue referred to, it is most likely a spiritual gift

1 Like

Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by TenQ: 11:13am On Sep 12, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Answer
Now everyone who have under gone holy spirit Baptism must have all those things you pointed out (must have be able to HEAL,must have FAITH etc)

But notice in the Bible the gift is for ministry work that gift comes upon you for ministry
God made it in suck a way so we don't abuse it (gift of Healing, gift of Faith etc)

So God gave each person one or two of the gift as a calling on their life's, when he gives you the one he wants you to have it becomes the area you walk on easily without stress which means that auction power comes upon you easily for the work

But that does not mean they can not operate on the other gift when the need arise

The purpose of giving each person different one's to operate in is so we don't abuse it or become like the devil with pride
I seldom speak in tongues, yet God has used me in
1. Healing the sick (at a time, I even thought I have the gift of healing)
2. Deliverance (casting out demons and unclean spirits)
How do you account for this please.

You mix up Baptism of the Holy Spirit which take place at Salvation AND Being Filled with the Holy Spirit. There is a big difference!

Please the method of your Quotations isn't easy to the eyes

1 Like

Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:29am On Sep 12, 2021
TenQ:

You mix up Baptism of the Holy Spirit which take place at Salvation AND Being Filled with the Holy Spirit. There is a big difference!

Answer
It funny because maybe you have not read it in the Bible

Is not a big deal because the Antichrist can equally do them lol

Let look at other people who can do them even though they don't follow Jesus

Luke 9

49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Now what did you notice this things any one can do them when they use Jesus name because we see people who are not following Jesus doing them to because they saw Jesus taught it and his disciples using the principles so it not a big deal

Speaking in tongues is a seal of God the holy spirit which only God seals his people with once you are sealed you belong to God forever
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by TenQ: 11:29am On Sep 12, 2021
In Act 2, the God interpreted the "noise of several people probably speaking Hebrew" into several languages that people could understand to the HEARERS!
Since you and your church has been speaking/praying in tongues, have you ever seen an unbeliever come in repentant because of hearing the meaning of the glossa you speak?

Can you answer why most church where tongues are spoken in Nigeria fail the test of COMPREHENSION of outsiders?

Note: In comparison, I have seen where the gift of healing operates and unbelievers come out giving testimonies of what Jesus has done. Where are the equivalence with tongues
Bishopkingsley:

Answer

God made it in suck a way so we don't abuse it (gift of Healing, gift of Faith etc)

You will note clearly that what 99.999% of you speak is NOT the gift but the Operating. Except, you can point out 10% of your church congregation who operate in just ONE out of the four CONSISTENTLY

Which of these four above do YOU consistently function in since you claim to have the GIFT of tongues.

1 Like

Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:37am On Sep 12, 2021
TenQ:

Answer
The disciples of Jesus received Jesus over three years plus before they received the baptism of the Holy Spirit

It actually varies so I can't tell you there is a formulae but one thing is certain you must receive Jesus as your lord God Almighty and Savior before the holy spirit Baptism takes place

For some it might be immediately they become Baptised for others it might take long
There is no formula to it except you must receive Christ first before the other one occurs
Re: ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell by TenQ: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Answer
It funny because maybe you have not read it in the Bible

Is not a big deal because the Antichrist can equally do them lol

Let look at other people who can do them even though they don't follow Jesus

Luke 9

49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Now what did you notice this things any one can do them when they use Jesus name because we see people who are not following Jesus doing them to because they saw Jesus taught it and his disciples using the principles so it not a big deal

Speaking in tongues is a seal of God the holy spirit which only God seals his people with once you are sealed you belong to God forever

But I also know of people who never once spoke in tongues manifest the Gift of Healing, Apostlic and Prophecic. Revd. Playfair of the SIM who ministered in a village called Oro-Ago in Kwara State is one such a person.

Salvation is the seal of God and speaking in tongues. Baptism of the Holy Spirit is the seal of God not tongue or being filled.

Like I said, you don't seem to know the distinction between being Baptized in/with the Holy Spirit and Being Filled with the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? / Should We Pray Before And After Intercourse? / From Porn To Purpose — Only Jesus Could Rescue Her From The Porn Industry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 301
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.