Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now (3344 Views)

Suggest A Portfolio For Lai Mohammed And Amaechi As A Minister / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... / Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now by Sunofgod(m): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2010
Forgive my skepticism - But I have never experienced constant electricity in Nigeria.

Not even for 3/4 days straight!

So I would not hold it against Jonathan if this is still the case in 12 months.
Re: Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now by Kobojunkie: 12:09am On Apr 08, 2010
Sun of god:

Forgive my skepticism - But I have never experienced constant electricity in Nigeria.

Not even for 3/4 days straight!

So I would not hold it against Jonathan if this is still the case in 12 months.

No, if he says he can do that in 12 months and does not realize it, then it is POOR PLANNING on his part. To take on such a task without first making sure it is achievable and feasible in the time you give is POOR planning. Who else will you hold accountable for it, if not the person who failed to plan well?
Re: Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now by netotse(m): 12:10am On Apr 08, 2010
Eziachi:

Pure ignorant, it shows how little some of you knew Nigerian corrupt system. Power portfolio happens to be one of the most lucrative in terms of looting money. If you don't know, ask why northerner always had it and why you have perenial power shortage, if not because billions designated for power always end in private pocket. if you don't know ask past ministers of power.
my point was that if he(as the acting president)wanted to steal money, the power sector is not the best place to do that, heck he can allocate himself an oil block sef, i prolly should have said profit, that's what was going through my mind, money is being lost in the power sector everyday(that doesn't stop the thieves).

P.S. you dont have to tell me about the corruption in the power sector, i've lived it!
Re: Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now by wendoworld(m): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2010
@topic: let's just hope this is not another one of their promise and fail system. Cuz naija leaders are just something else undecided thats why i no dey hope on them cuz once beaten twice shy cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now by zoraro(m): 9:58am On Apr 09, 2010
Although I hate to say this, I think we have to give him some time before passing judgment on his move not withstanding our past agonies/disappointments. For those who think that the power problem can be easily fixed [B]"he's only hoping to capitalize on the power sector to win the heart of Nigerians come 2011"[/b], just generating enough power is not going to solve the problem, there is distribution and transmission to take care of too not to talk of the [B]"network of political landmines"[/b] like somebody pointed out here.
Re: Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now by heaven169: 6:55am On Apr 13, 2010
hello how are you all ?
Re: Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now by maxdi(m): 7:23am On Apr 13, 2010
let's just wait and see.

wonder,wonder,wonder but not to turn to wanderer
Re: Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now by tony451: 2:56am On Mar 24, 2011
How has GEJ performed in the Power sector then? Has he kept his promises?
Re: Jonathan To Keep Power Portfolio For Now by DisGuy: 3:40am On Mar 24, 2011
"The purpose (of the decision) is[b] to achieve the set targets in the power sector[/b] by the administration," said presidency spokesman Ima Niboro. (Reporting by Felix Onuah; Writing by Randy Fabi; Editing by Keiron Henderson)

set targets?

cant remember this maga setting a target , he didn't so no-one can hold him to anything sign of an incompetent president!!

what was the target again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did You Say Technocrats? Meet The Fresh Air Team / The Significance Of Late Dim Ojukwu; Ikemba, In The Political Evolution Of Nig / Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.