Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report (27994 Views)

More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / COVID-19: Chinese Doctors To Arrive Nigeria Today, To Spend One Month / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Olypeppy(f): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2017
bokunrawo:
Their decision is very complicated because all criminals will now have uninvestigated treatment, their should be another provision to differentiate criminal gunshot wounds to non criminal gunshot.

I don tire jare sad
In a reasonable country,they can actually be investigated while on treatment.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by introvertme: 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
Shayneward1:
APC will list this as a major achievement of 2017

Shameless people.

You have issues with the political party,APC? cos all political parties wallow in corruption PDP and APGA inclusive.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Jointhemiltons2(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2017
ourfather:

wait .. Was there any reason to justify not treating a gunshot wounded person without police report.....

so someone would die if the police says they are busy
Zoo zoo zoo
Mehn you hvnt seen anything o. The doctors send dem back even at the point of death.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by kabhohd(m): 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
This is a very good development. So many innocent lives have been lost due to the inhuman policy of police report before treatment. And for those insensible fellows faulting this new Act, its obvious you don't know what it means to lose a loved one due to that mess, or you just can't see beyond your nose. The new Act doesn't exempt police report at all, it has only priotized treatment ahead of money and police report. With this, the innocent victims can be saved and the criminals can be investigated as well.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by kabhohd(m): 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2017
correctguy101:
Next is to permit everyone to carry a personal gun provided it's licensed.

Na dragon SVD I go just rush go buy with correct Beretta to pocket for my waistband.
Young boy, how old are you? Your level of reasoning weak me undecided
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by correctguy101(m): 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2017
kabhohd:

Young boy, how old are you? Your level of reasoning weak me undecided

Old man in your mind.

It takes intelligence to recognize humor or sarcasm. Since you didn't recognize anything from that comment of mine, I leave you to yourself old man.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by mattiecute(f): 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2017
bokunrawo:
Their decision is very complicated because all criminals will now have uninvestigated treatment, their should be another provision to differentiate criminal gunshot wounds to non criminal gunshot.

I don tire jare sad
Ke de ma gboro oshi... In what part of the world do they differentiate criminal and non criminal gunshot wounds.. So innocent people should die because of circumstances abi.. Illiteracy @ it's peak
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by EmmyMaestro(m): 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2017
So now people should start getting shot
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by ollyruffy: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2017
One of the best things from APC since 2015.

Hospitals, Doctors, and Nurses can now be sued and prosecuted for refusing to treat gun shot wounds without deposits and police reports.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Larryton(m): 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2017
bokunrawo:

I don tire jare sad

They should have put a clause or compelling all hospital to purchase handcuffs so that they handcuff the person with the bed before treatment and handover to the police after recovery for further investigation
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Gentledude52(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
Good Development
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by greatman247(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2017
Cashrange660:
Na now day break? What they should have done long ago.

You people again, no person can satisfy Nigerians. If dem no do am now, una go talk and now dem do am una still dey yan dust. Na wa for people from this country self. Even God cannot satisfy you.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Dootty(m): 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
Xapio:
The law said the person will be treated without monetary deposit, I didn't read where the bills states without police report. Or am I the only one that saw that?

You are very observant, the Bill only states that treatment for bullet wounds should be made with or without payment not that police report is not needed.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Cashrange660: 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2017
greatman247:

you people again, no person can satisfy Nigerians. If dem no do am now, una go talk and now dem do am una still dey yan dust. Na wa from people from this country self. Even God cannot satisfy you.

Oboy! next time before you quote me, learn how to spell... Now, back to the rubbish you were saying, you mean this thing that your clueless president has done actually satisfied you? No wonder your life is like that. When other country's of the world are advancing in all ramifications, you're here clasping for something that took too to be corrected, when lots of damage has been done.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by slurity1: 9:49pm On Dec 30, 2017
FTrebirth:
this is the best thing this administration has done since they took over.
You are not in this country when over 200,000 graduate where placed on 30,000 per month on npower and another 300,000 names is out
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by ultron12345: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2017
ollyruffy:
One of the best things from APC since 2015.

Hospitals, Doctors, and Nurses can now be sued and prosecuted for refusing to treat gun shot wounds without deposits and police reports.
ultron12345:
Go and sue, until nigerians begin to take health insurance or when the law gives doctors the right to seize properties of patients who refuse to pay hospital bills, doctors will always have the right to demand deposit before treatment.
If medical doctors should offer their services on credit, then lawyers, engineers, labourers, architects, market women, traders, filling stations and the rest should be made to offer their goods and services on credit too.
To those that will say that if doctors demand payment before treatment, the patient may die, they should also know that our bad roads have caused many deaths as well, therefore engineers and labourers and sellers of construction materials should all offer their goods and services and fix the road on credit and collect payment later, later.
. Do you know how many innocent people have been sentenced to life term in prison or even death because they can't afford lawyers to defend them, therefore lawyers should offer their services on credit to save such people and demand for payment later.
Do you know how many people have died simply due to hunger, because they can't afford common food, therefore, market women selling oil, rice, tomatoes, garri, beans should also give out their goods on credit and demand payment later.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by ibkgab001: 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2017
Many innocent blood has been wasted

1 Like

Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by InvertedHammer: 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
That is hurdle #1.

The next big problem will be commencing treatments without initial deposit.

Poor Nigerians are in deep sh!t overall.

/

1 Like

Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Dasherz(f): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2017
just after Dominic died due to lack of human sympathy by doctors he bled to death ...RIP Dominic ....

good move here
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by bellville: 11:52pm On Dec 30, 2017
We have an Institute for medical research (NIMR). Setting up an institute of cancer research is a duplication of function. Why not equip NIMR to do cancer research?
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by charzyh2: 12:07am On Dec 31, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Nice and friendly senator, it's been a while I met him though, at least he sent my fam a Christmas card smiley very cerebral man and a good host
u get im number?
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Seahawk: 12:17am On Dec 31, 2017
So criminals don’t deserve treatment?
bokunrawo:

I don tire jare sad
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by arrestdarrester: 12:21am On Dec 31, 2017
Enang stated that the Gunshot Act specifically stipulates that a person with gunshot shall be received for immediate and adequate treatment by any hospital in Nigeria with or without initial monetary deposit.

Was this problem an initio? Hope the bill (now law) recognized the fact that 'police report' was the problem and it successfully vacated it?
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by doyinbaby(f): 12:28am On Dec 31, 2017
Larryton:

They should have put a clause or compelling all hospital to purchase handcuffs so that they handcuff the person with the bed before treatment and handover to the police after recovery for further investigation
so doctor is a police man abi,...ge should do police work...make he hancuff prisoner...nonsense.....whether the person runs away or not should not concern doctor....is the doctor trained to arrest criminals......doctor can only treat and then inform police finish....the remaining nah the business of the police
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Larryton(m): 12:37am On Dec 31, 2017
doyinbaby:
so doctor is a police man abi,...ge should do police work...make he hancuff prisoner...nonsense.....whether the person runs away or not should not concern doctor....is the doctor trained to arrest criminals......doctor can only treat and then inform police finish....the remaining nah the business of the police

Are you a doctor cos the way you carry the matter head like gala tire me o
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by doyinbaby(f): 1:13am On Dec 31, 2017
Larryton:

Are you a doctor cos the way you carry the matter head like gala tire me o
you need to answer my questions first.....is doctor trained to arrest criminals?
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 31, 2017
Jigba:
This is a welcome development

Many people have died from gunshot wound while waiting for police report

Who are the many people if not criminals.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 31, 2017
mattiecute:

Ke de ma gboro oshi... In what part of the world do they differentiate criminal and non criminal gunshot wounds.. So innocent people should die because of circumstances abi.. Illiteracy @ it's peak

They should be able to give a comprehensive account of how they sustained the gunshot wounds with verifiable evidence and witness.
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 31, 2017
Olypeppy:
In a reasonable country,they can actually be investigated while on treatment.

But unfortunately, Nigeria is not a reasonable country. All the dare devil armed robbers have been given a lifeline so instead of going to their native doctors, they can as well recruit a medical doctor as part of their criminal network where they can have easy access to treatment without questions.

1 Like

Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 31, 2017
Xda59:

Who are the many people if not criminals.

You don't live in Nigeria then if you are asking such question
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 31, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:
All of you on this thread and nation wide are suffering from diminutive intellect.

Most innocent people have lost their lives as a result of that pathetic law that this senate are now repealing.

Now how have they died?

These innocents are mostly predominantly people who had accidents which are of various kind, whom the medics from hell blatantly refused to care for, not necessarily people who were shot.

You that is an intellect, can't you differentiate between a wound sustained from a car crash and gunshot?
Re: Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report by Martin0(m): 6:37am On Dec 31, 2017
Jigba:

You don't live in Nigeria then if you are asking such question
Observing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HIV/AIDS: Cross River State Still On Danger List / UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment / 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.