Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,582 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year (20958 Views)

Dorcas Jolayemi: Police Detained Me Because My Husband Criticised Lai Mohammed / Electoral Act: NASS Plans To Override President Buhari This Week - Sen Olujimi / Mbaka Blasts Buhari: This Is Just Kindergarten, Administration Is Demonocracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by shukuokukobambi: 8:00am On Dec 31, 2017
frankyychiji:
I can't blame Soyinka for not been very vocal about buhari's inept leadership style. At 83, Soyinka doesn't want to die in prison.

The man went to prison in 1967 because of the ancestors of the lousy ingrates yabbing him today. 50 years after, at 83 years, these mofos still want him to be leading their protests. Is common sense so lacking in that region?

Do they produce only cowards and e-warriors in their lineage?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by ehissi(m): 8:02am On Dec 31, 2017
Trash.... angry
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by BeautifulSE: 8:03am On Dec 31, 2017
francizy:

Please tell me, what justifies leaving such a useless comments which clearly breaks the Nairaland rules only to hide the other person's comments and probably ban him?

Why are you people so openly biased on this platform? It's a shame you allowed tribal sentiments to becloud your judgement in your business!

Why do you assholes like calling mods. Any small thing lalastic.lala. Get some thick skin and stop whyning like a baby. When you people insult Yorubas here, we chest in and move on. Same can't be said of you flattees

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by oduastates: 8:04am On Dec 31, 2017
G
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by LBanks(m): 8:04am On Dec 31, 2017
ManMountain:

You ibos should learn how to play opposition politics without using the yorubas as your measure and guidance
WS protested for your forefathers during your ill fated experiment in Biafra, he protested for your fathers during the military era

If you are expecting him at 83 years old to keep leading a protest for you from lagos and Ibadan while you and your fathers are hiding away in enugu, onitsha and aba, then shame on you all.

Useless and cowardly people that only make noise on social media grin
So because one person made a comment on nairaland, it is now the general opinion of "you ibos"
You are daft beyond comprehension

2 Likes

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by Brugo(m): 8:05am On Dec 31, 2017
We don't support blindly unlike those who would rather drink mud than reason with their brains.

Buhari got the grudging support of the prof but that doesn't absolve him from criticism.

Those igbos waiting for the 83 year old man to carry placards for them are just mischievous cowards. This man has done more for the entire biafran race than you ipob youths have in your lives.

Ungrateful as usual. Well what do you expect from people united by their hatred for others and their baseless victim mentality?

I blame the prof for casting his pearls before swine. Now they have trampled upon those pearls and turned against him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by Annibel(f): 8:05am On Dec 31, 2017
Swiftlee:
He is a hypocrite!! ..a coward too! Period! He among others put us in this colossal mess.

Nna Ehn... only Buhari... get all this one
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by webbro007(m): 8:06am On Dec 31, 2017
good morning peeps, happy last day of the month and year, thanks to all families & friends whom made 2017 a great year with me, though we all have our shortcomings but together we came, we saw & we conquer 2017 together,let make 2018 more glorious for us all,be ur siblings keepers,see u all in 2018,much love,2017 just been signed out.

1 Like

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by shukuokukobambi: 8:07am On Dec 31, 2017
Swiftlee:
He is a hypocrite!! ..a coward too! Period! He among others put us in this colossal mess.

Wole went to prison for your ancestors in 1967 and spent 3 years there fighting for them. 50 years after, you still want him to champion fights on your behalf. Don't you have shame? don't you have any self esteem? How many times have you or your direct ancestors fought for anything even at your local town union meetings? shameless e-warrior

empty chest beating cowardly and spineless clown angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:07am On Dec 31, 2017
The Yorubas need brain evaluations...Buhari winning election in 2015 was cos the Afonjas stupidily voted for him...

Yorubas pls borrow sense in 2018 so that u won't repeat ur mistakes again
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by shukuokukobambi: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2017
OyiboOyibo:
The Yorubas need brain evaluations...Buhari winning election in 2015 was cos the Afonjas stupidily voted for him...

Yorubas pls borrow sense in 2018 so that u won't repeat ur mistakes again

cheesy cheesy cheesy the eternal crybaby is back. I thought you empty mofos claim yoruba are inconsequential? how come you now claim buhari won because of them? Do you suffer any mental issues or memory problems?

Where is your messiah...the albino hunchback who promised to liberate you? is he still in ghana? or is he rotting away inside isiala ngwa muddy pool? cheesy

empty chest beating cowardly clown cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by selfmade22: 8:12am On Dec 31, 2017
#EndBuhariNow
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by francizy(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2017
BeautifulSE:

Why do you assholes like calling mods. Any small thing lalastic.lala. Get some thick skin and stop whyning like a baby

I don't even have time to peddle in petty and childish tantrum bazaar. Go for I don't have time for your rants..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by dammytosh: 8:13am On Dec 31, 2017
john1035:

Next time, do not insult a whole tribe.

We are great people, IPOB is just a tiny fraction of the Igbos embrassing us.

Do not insult a whole tribe filled with great people like Oby Ezekwesili, Dora Akunyili...

I apologize on his behalf.

I agree Igbo people are great people. The miscreants called IPOB are the ones very unreasonable.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by shukuokukobambi: 8:20am On Dec 31, 2017
Brugo:
We don't support blindly unlike those who would rather drink mud than reason with their brains.

Buhari got the grudging support of the prof but that doesn't absolve him from criticism.

Those igbos waiting for the 83 year old man to carry placards for them are just mischievous cowards. This man has done more for the entire biafran race than you ipob youths have in your lives.

Ungrateful as usual. Well what do you expect from people united by their hatred for others and their baseless victim mentality?

I blame the prof for casting his pearls before swine. Now they have trampled upon those pearls and turned against him.

Exactly!! Why should any sane man stand up for lousy ingrates who lack the ability to remember good deeds done them in the past? See how innoson tried to game GTB, who came to his rescue, when Fidelity and Diamond refused to look his way? How can young able bodied youth be expecting an 83year old man to fight their battles? Are they so useless and senseless?

This same Soyinka spent 3 years in jail for their cause in 1967 while Azikiwe was busy eating amala and ewedu in lagos yet they see him as fair game and wonder why THEY CAN NEVER HAVE ALLIES EVEN AMONG THEIR COUSINS IN THE SS?!!

I wonder where their albino hunchback is hibernating currently

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by potterdon: 8:25am On Dec 31, 2017
john1035:

Next time, do not insult a whole tribe.

We are great people, IPOB is just a tiny fraction of the Igbos embrassing us.

Do not insult a whole tribe filled with great people like Oby Ezekwesili, Dora Akunyili...
is only a confused person that won't know that the entire Igbo race fall under the umbrella of IPOB. I doubt u even understand the meaning. And yes ur among the cowards waiting for WS to talk and protest for u after denying the only group that has ur time. Ur a serious disgrace to the Igbo race and I hope this heroes u mentioned are speaking for ur well being
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 31, 2017
smiley
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by mrhowoto: 8:25am On Dec 31, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Exactly!! Why should any sane man stand up for lousy ingrates who lack the ability to remember good deeds done them in the past? How can young able bodied youth be expecting an 83year old man to fight their battles? Are they so useless and senseless?

This same Soyinka spent 3 years in jail for their cause in 1967 while Azikiwe was busy eating amala and ewedu in lagos yet they see him as fair game and wonder why THEY CAN NEVER HAVE ALLIES EVEN AMONG THEIR COUSINS IN THE SS?!!

I wonder where their albino hunchback is hibernating currently
Bad belle spotted.

11 Likes

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by shukuokukobambi: 8:28am On Dec 31, 2017
mrhowoto:

Bad belle spotted.

bad belle for who na? Internet warriors who can no longer fly biafla flag on st micheal's road in aba? bad belle for isiala ngwa muddy pool Olympic swimmers? abegi comot ma see road angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by BetaThings: 8:29am On Dec 31, 2017
Cekpo34:
How many times times did he carry placards protesting against the removal of fuel subsidy and official hoarding?

Did he do that under Jonathan?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by Wearemoving: 8:29am On Dec 31, 2017
frankyychiji:
I can't blame Soyinka for not been very vocal about buhari's inept leadership style. At 83, Soyinka doesn't want to die in prison.

You are on point

1 Like

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by dont8(m): 8:29am On Dec 31, 2017
Cekpo34:
How many times times did he carry placards protesting against the removal of fuel subsidy and official hoarding?
Shut up, an 83 years old man should carry placard on behalf of your lazy asss, I give up on you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by DemonMonkey7(m): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2017
Threebear:
To be honest, Jonathan was not the best president. A lot of looting and corruption happened during his administration. I don't blame Wole who felt buhari would be better. A lot of people thought buhari would save us, no one envisioned his administration would be the worst ever recorded in history, capped up by unprecedented incompetence and appointment of dead people.
This isn't the time to pass blames, this is the time to work together and rectify our mistakes.
......uncle shea u thought the English man that quoted " your antecedents preceds you" was high on weed?
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by fajob: 8:40am On Dec 31, 2017
Wow . So Apc wake up

check www.jolagict.com
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by potterdon: 8:42am On Dec 31, 2017
Please all this afonja using wole to have mouth should bury their heads in sand. It won't stop Igbos both the ones deceiving themselves that they love u on nairaland to always have doubts and distrust about u. For every wole there is an awolowo that has done far more destructive things than any good thing that wole can think of. IPOB may have their faults but one thing I know is that they r not noise makers every action they have declared have been executed to the fullest no matter the cover up by the Government from their sit at homes to their boycotts. They are more competent than buhari who could not perform on task on his list. But is instead will dwell on factional achievement. Whether u tell urself the truth of not the solution to this failed nation is session or radical federalism. That will almost be an equivalent of session. If u afonja don't want the truth when Nigeria finally falls on itself u guys can always live on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by Sheenor: 8:46am On Dec 31, 2017
janellemonae:
I just want Wole Soyinka to write a paper on "Seccession: The case for Nigerias disintegration".

It would be the best legacy he'll leave before dying.

Indeed. I concur.
Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by omenkaLives(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Today's youth will never cease to amaze me

Well, there is a saying which says that , 'feeding a child with a spoon in the long run teaches the child nothing but the shape of the spoon'.

Youths today ve grown so use to being spoon fed that they no longer want the spoon to be removed from their mouths...

The cowards hide behind their laptops and phones ranting and crying about the economy like little pets all day long as they expect an old man their grandfathers age to go out and fight for them....

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by Sheenor: 8:48am On Dec 31, 2017
ManMountain:

You ibos should learn how to play opposition politics without using the yorubas as your measure and guidance
WS protested for your forefathers during your ill fated experiment in Biafra, he protested for your fathers during the military era

If you are expecting him at 83 years old to keep leading a protest for you from lagos and Ibadan while you and your fathers are hiding away in enugu, onitsha and aba, then shame on you all.

Useless and cowardly people that only make noise on social media grin

Jah bless. Good one from you sire...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by PataAlhaja(m): 8:53am On Dec 31, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Where is the Save Nigeria Group, SNG, with members like the Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka? Where are the men who protested on that sunny afternoon after one demon told former President Jonathan to remove the fuel subsidy on that day of all days?

The same man who warned us of a disdain for Buhari’s history championed his course. The same man who tore his green card because Trump was made President in another man’s country supported someone worse.

Maybe a new sense of maturity and tact in handling issues have been reached. Maybe the method in the past was too crude and the wise men now know better. These days, people like Obi Ezekwesili, who lambasted the former President has gone soft.

In the past, she used an atomic bomb to confuse the demons at the centre but now she uses a broken dane gun with bullets made of matches to pursue stronger demons. Cowardice is now palatable. Some will be angry I wrote this line.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/things-learn-change-government/

...and what stops you and your elders from taking up the gauntlet and protesting since you sore losers are now in the opposition?

Must the Yorubas do everything for you sloths?

Awon Werey!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by shukuokukobambi: 8:55am On Dec 31, 2017
potterdon:
Please all this afonja using wole to have mouth should bury their heads in sand. It won't stop Igbos both the ones deceiving themselves that they love u on nairaland to always have doubts and distrust about u. For every wole there is an awolowo that has done far more destructive things than any good thing that wole can think of. IPOB may have their faults but one thing I know is that they r not noise makers every action they have declared have been executed to the fullest no matter the cover up by the Government from their sit at homes to their boycotts. They are more competent than buhari who could not perform on task on his list. But is instead will dwell on factional achievement. Whether u tell urself the truth of not the solution to this failed nation is session or radical federalism. That will almost be an equivalent of session. If u afonja don't want the truth when Nigeria finally falls on itself u guys can always live on Nairaland.

2 actions remain my e-warrior

When will kanu come back from abuja with buhari's head?

Also, when will you burn down the zoo(as kanu ordered) now that the python danced away the albino hunchback? angry

common empty chest beating cowardly and spineless clown angry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year by PataAlhaja(m): 8:56am On Dec 31, 2017
Swiftlee:

Are you insinuating that GEJ should have continued?

If you really think so, then you are a "£$%!

A big "£$%!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Moves To Prevent National Assembly Hijack / Herdsmen Ruga Settlements: Benue Royal Father, Subjects Chant War Songs, Protest / Again, Court Sends EFCC Boss To Kuje Prison For Contempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.