Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,682 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? (18733 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Ericsdm55(m): 1:53am On Jan 01, 2018
No significant biblical meaning. One among the many church initiatives.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 01, 2018
The candle symbolizes the light that Christ brought to the world, while darkness existed.
In my church, all lights are switched off just before mid night, and the pastor then lights a candle to symbolize the light Jesus brought to the world. Everyone then gets his candle lit from that one source.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Leonbonapart(m): 2:14am On Jan 01, 2018
Emeskhalifa:
I don't know too.

Jus an hour ago I called my GF to show up so we do crossover together in my room she refused and asked me to follow her to church to do the cross over there walai I felt like slapping her...... I mean how can someone b tht wicked
you guys joke with anything. No wonder youth don't have chance in Nigeria. Bleep and food only. Olodo labata

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by yorex2011: 2:42am On Jan 01, 2018
valacious:
The candle symbolizes the light that Christ brought to the world, while darkness existed.
In my church, all lights are switched off just before mid night, and the pastor then lights a candle to symbolize the light Jesus brought to the world. Everyone then gets his candle lit from that one source.
Best reply. OP should get a cue from this
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by stuffs4me(m): 5:09am On Jan 01, 2018
Lighting of candles for "crossover" is a pagan way of life. Christians have all sorts of pagan celebrations. Even their Christmas is a pagan celebration.

Christians are basically pagans who don't truly believe in God.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Sman37(m): 7:12am On Jan 01, 2018
yanshDoctor:
life.

candle represent light. and light is life.

the lamb of life.

its part of the synagogues temple to burnt candle.

also crossover is during the night. so you are light of the world. light up your candle in the night.
Abeg joh there was no Gregorian dates during Jesus lifetime (B.C)
all dis is unbiblical and inventions of idols/ghost!
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Biggers82(m): 7:19am On Jan 01, 2018
Emeskhalifa:
I don't know too.

Jus an hour ago I called my GF to show up so we do crossover together in my room she refused and asked me to follow her to church to do the cross over there walai I felt like slapping her...... I mean how can someone b tht wicked
are you not ashamed of yourself everybody is busy getting married you are here doing girlfriend
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by stoic6ix: 7:34am On Jan 01, 2018
Conjecture
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:36am On Jan 01, 2018
4reala:
U are talking of trend u saw in the past. OP Pls are u still living in the past?
It still happens in some churches.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by princetom1(m): 8:24am On Jan 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you have been MIA

Yea... Not just in the mood for NL lately bt we 2018 now... It's all gonna be alright
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Protocall: 8:45am On Jan 01, 2018
Lighten your way back home. You know it's always dark at night. sad sad sad
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:47am On Jan 01, 2018
Biggers82:

are you not ashamed of yourself everybody is busy getting married you are here doing girlfriend

Ogar am looking for a nice looking geh with god character to wife. If u have a sis with good character and presentable she can step in
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by saintboogie(m): 10:42am On Jan 01, 2018
Never of this before
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by davidlight: 11:43am On Jun 09, 2021
These are also wonderful for giving as gifts, to your friends and even for your pet dog! There are so many different types of candles that there is bound to be one that suits your needs perfectly. Xtclocal is an expert of bath bubble, visit them for more interesting information.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by andymoorey(m): 9:23am On Jan 02
The idea of this thread is very important. I believe that the op wants to know if there is Bible connection to the lighting of candle on December 31st or whether the idea of crossover is from our Lord Jesus Christ. For the 33 years that Jesus spent on earth True Christians do not celebrate the Passover. That anniversary was part of the Mosaic Law, and we do not follow that Law. (Romans 10:4; Colossians 2:13-16) Instead, we observe another anniversary, the death of God’s Son. But we can learn a lot from the Passover celebration that started in Egypt.

Jesus gave instructions for the Lord’s Evening Meal right after celebrating the Passover with his apostles. So the Lord’s Evening Meal was on the same day as the Passover. You may have noticed, though, that Jews today may not celebrate the Passover on exactly the same day as we observe the Memorial of Christ’s death. Why the difference? God’s command to the Israelites about the start of the Passover helps us to answer this question. God told the people when on Nisan 14 to slaughter the lamb, which is when the Passover would begin.—Read Exodus 12:5, 6.

So anything Passover from 31st December to another year does not have any connection with the bible but a worldly celebration. People around the world don't mind the origin whether it is picked from garbage or not, but the bible advice us to make sure of all things to bring honor to God.

Jesus death brought an end to the Jewish Passover which started from the time of Moses with the Israelites..

Let us try to always see God's views before taking sides with anything. Thank God everyday and not one night. God does not have extra value for December 31st more than other days. Everyday and night are precious to him but Satan wants to bring people under his deceit to the broad road that leads to destruction. Matthew 7 vs 13 -14.

The world being controlled by Satan is coming to an end.

AMT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? / Nigeria Needs Urgent Spiritual Help – Adeboye / CAN Lagos Chapter Directs Churches To Close At 11pm On December 31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.