Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points (40665 Views)

'Boycott 2019 Election' - Nnamdi Kanu Tells IPOB In New Year Speech (Audio) / Buhari’s New Year Speech Shows He Has Conceded Defeat -pdp...says Mr. President / New Year Speech: Buhari Was Not Accurately Quoted In News Report - APC Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by HillsBlaze(m): 8:46am On Jan 01, 2018
What is that one saying
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by MrPristine: 8:51am On Jan 01, 2018
As usual the irresponsible man is putting the blame for the fuel scarcity on the marketers instead of accepting responsibility as the minister of petroleum and head of the government. If the marketers were hoarding fuel, how come NNPC stations owned by government and under his direct control were also not selling fuel? We are not going to achieve anything as a nation with this irresponsible character. With leadership comes responsibilities, if you refuse to accept responsibility, you are not worth being a leader.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by GoldHorse(m): 8:51am On Jan 01, 2018
lonelydora:
mods...behave! Buhari didn't say anything, why always push this speech to front page? Let's hear another thing abeg.

You prefer a naked Tonto Dike's story or some brainless slay fools to this, abi?
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Omeokachie: 8:52am On Jan 01, 2018
" 10. As the 2019 electioneering period draws nearer, Buhari counselled politicians to avoid exploiting ethnicity and religion, cautioning that such attitude must be avoided in order to promote harmony."

This one got me laughing!
Coming from a man who exploited religion with his infamous "muslims should only vote for those that will protect their faith", to ethnicity even exploting terrorism with another infamous "attacks on boko haram is anti-north" is now admonishing people now that he has gotten that which he was ready to kill for with his "dogs and baboon will be soaked in blood" stance!

It is Buhari, so hypocrisy is his forte!

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by kynbasil01: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2018
ManirBK:
HAPPY NEW YEAR
your botton have been pressed but it's too early in the year to start been stupid
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Harrynight(m): 8:59am On Jan 01, 2018
stories like these are what we listen to every 1st october, every May31st snd every January 1st...

Smart Nigerians dont get carried away with empty repeated speeches that never materialized.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Lokospirit(m): 9:12am On Jan 01, 2018
Ajise bi Yoruba lanri, Awa kii sebi baba anybody cool shocked tongue

He also challenged other parts of the country to emulate the South-west which he said had successfully internalised religion and politics.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Rahym001(m): 9:16am On Jan 01, 2018
people knw the truth,

only those who are blind folded by hate and are extremist that wont acknowledge it.

PMB means well for Nigeria
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by smartograpy(m): 9:18am On Jan 01, 2018
On behalf of the comment readers association,i remind you to write short comments so that they are easy for us to read.Thank you
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by tete7000(m): 9:24am On Jan 01, 2018
It is better to trust in the LORD than to depend on human beings. It is better to trust in the LORD than to depend on human leaders.
Psalms 118:8‭-‬9 GNB
https://bible.com/bible/296/psa.118.8-9.GNB

They make always empty promises they don't have an idea of how to fulfil. All is for political relevance.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Wisedove(m): 9:29am On Jan 01, 2018
You generated that megawatts of electricity and yet the whole of ondo town if not ondo state at large celebrated the new Year in darkness. I will not like to speak heal of my beloved country this year anyway.

God bless me.....
God bless Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by DAVEZONIGLTD: 9:45am On Jan 01, 2018
God bless Nigeria.

Happy New Year to you all.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by princewillzs: 10:04am On Jan 01, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:
OOH! WHAT A LOVELY HAPPY NEW YEAR SPEECH

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS PMB1523

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Amen
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by FEGNO: 10:05am On Jan 01, 2018
As usual, building castles in the air. Too much talk but practically no map of how to achieve any. And the call for peace! Coming from a man who promised us baboons and all other sorts of animals being soaked with bloody violence. I marvel. Well Nigerians always will have short memories and dubious reformed democratised politicians will take advantage everytime. My advice to Nigerians, forget this Government. It wil add no value to any of us. Find something to do and do it with all your energy and inspite of the Govt. By his grace, perhaps that will be your salavation. God rescue us all.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Alfa55: 10:25am On Jan 01, 2018
tank u mr president, wish all 9ja ppls hpy new year.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Horus(m): 11:45am On Jan 01, 2018
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by KAYD007(m): 11:48am On Jan 01, 2018
seunlayi:

Pointless speech, nothing special, nothing has changed compared with what I have bn hearing for the past 3yrs since he came to power

Make I test nairalanders sense of tonality with this song

A P C OLÈ, A P C OLÈ, APC Ole
m r d r:d:- m r d r:d:- m r d r:d:-:

Pointless speech you say? angry His speech is more realistic than all the fake prophecies of your pastors and daddy GOs put togather for 2018

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Truflexunits(m): 11:57am On Jan 01, 2018
Thank you Mr president may god grant you strength and power to achieve all these. Long live federal republic of Nigeria
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by IamGoke(m): 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2018
Hmmmm!! Here comes 2018, more issues to be addressed I pray!
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by IamGoke(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2018
seunlayi:

Pointless speech, nothing special, nothing has changed compared with what I have bn hearing for the past 3yrs since he came to power

Make I test nairalanders sense of tonality with this song

A P C OLÈ, A P C OLÈ, APC Ole
m r d r:d:- m r d r:d:- m r d r:d:-:

Why didn't you say for the past 10 years?

Or was it because APC took over power three years ago Trash up there!
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by smulti(m): 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2018
TheHistorian:
Wonderful speech by my amiable President!!!

Remain taciturn if you have nothing intellectual to contribute to the subject of discourse.

Reply me with the link to the video footage of where Buhari said that or you keep mute forever on this forum.

e enter am well well

e pain am gringringrin
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by auwalkito: 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
MrPristine:
As usual the irresponsible man is putting the blame for the fuel scarcity on the marketers instead of accepting responsibility as the minister of petroleum and head of the government. If the marketers were hoarding fuel, how come NNPC stations owned by government and under his direct control were also not selling fuel? We are not going to achieve anything as a nation with this irresponsible character. With leadership comes responsibilities, if you refuse to accept responsibility, you are not worth being a leader.

yes becos you are blind, you cnt see any in any body
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by newslifeop: 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2018
Fake speech
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by otil1: 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2018
Rahym001:
people knw the truth,

only those who are blind folded by hate and are extremist that wont acknowledge it.

PMB means well for Nigeria

I will agree with you when he (Buhari) admonishes his tribesmen and roll out a programme for the to ranch instead of open-graze their cattle, just like he does, raising his never-increasing 200 cattle in his farm in Daura and not roaming in Middle Belt and South on a land grab mission.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by sadeekullah(m): 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
Good speech from PMB
We shall pray for you to prevail
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by uba1991: 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
hedonistical:
Rubbish. This brain dead idiot that does not even know the content of the so-called speech he merely recited to fulfil all righteousness.
He has no idea what he is talking about, so only starry eyed simpletons would take him seriously.

Just look at this extremist Islamic/Fulani pig who rode on the back of murderous ethnic and religious fanaticism to unfairly take over power? Shebi it was out of fear that innocent "dogs and baboons [from the South] shall be soaked in blood" that Jonathan gracefully (but foolishly) allowed you to stampede him out of Aso Rock? Na devil go punish you. Idiot. The same ethnic and religious sentiments that brought you to power would be used against you to force you out of that seat that you don't deserve.kill urself

Nonsense.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Odelhorno1990: 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
Language is indeed one of the most potent instruments of hegemonic class struggles.

Call/whatsup me @08159385912 for quick 50k- 4million naira cash loan, no collateral and guarantor. Easiest way to fix your personal projects and finances independently and stresslessly without bordering another for help or whatsoever. Call/whatsup @08159385912.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obituary Of A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Photos) / Cross River Restores The Biggest Flag In Africa (Photos) / Osun Rerun: PDP Releases Number PVCs Collected At Each Unit Ahead Of Re-run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.