Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) (3257 Views)

Another Mini Football Quiz / Akolawole's Football Quiz 6 / Football Quiz 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by Akolawole(m): 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2005
1) He was taken to U.S.A '94 by Nigeria as a 23rd player. Who is he?

2) Three Nigerians are known to do acrobatic displays anytime they score for the national team(s). Who are they?

3) They have captained both their clubs and Super Eagles at the same time. Name them and their clubs

4) Born by the same parents,they have gone ahead to play for Nigeria. Name at least five of them.
    (Hints: they are more than 10 that i know)

5) He is a former super Eagles, he is a prolific striker. He is neither a Yoruba nor Hausa. He tops the highest goal    in the league where he plays. He was once ranked  second highest goal scorer in Europe. Name him.
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by buckeye(m): 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2005
#1 Kanu Nwankwo

#2 Celestine Babayaro, Julius Aghaowa,Obafemi Martins.

#3 Jay jay Okocha----bolton wanderers, Kanu Nwankwo--west brom, Finidi George---real betis.

#4  Celestine &Emmanuel Babayaro, jayjay&Emma Okocha, Finidi&Tginuwari george, Kanu & his younger brother(forgot his name, is it christopher Nwankwo?) then Segun & Wole Odegbami.

#5Victor Ikpeba
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by slary(m): 11:48am On Dec 27, 2005
Kola, your question this time is tough, but i have to go back and check my records.
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by Akolawole(m): 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2005
@ SLARY
I dont even want you to win this. Na only you.

I want this prize to go to Lagos or my beloved Ibadan NOT UK,US and ABUJA.
Pls PM me ur address for your last gift.
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by Akolawole(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2005
1) Kanu Nwakwo
    ( A 23rd player is a spare-tyre player needed only when one of the first_22 had injury).

2) Obafemi Martins, Celestine Babayaro and Julius Aghaowa.

3) Stephen Keshi(Strasbourgh), Jay-Jay Okocha (Bolton), Segun Odegbami ( Shooting Stars, Ibadan: towards 1982 world cup).

4)  The football dynasties are Patrick & Emmanuel Okala, Segun &Wole Odegbami, Emmanuel & Augusine Okocha,Finidi & Ignewari George, Nwakwo & Ogbonna Kanu, Emmanuel & Celestine Babayaro,Azubike & Sunday Oliseh,

5)  Richard Owobokiri ( then of Boavista).

Note: Ignewari George was killed in Mokola area of Ibadan after Rangers knocked out Stationary stores of Lagos in an FA cup.
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by teeroy(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2005
hey man...just joined this forum 2 days back.....i must say u belong to an elite group of football fans who always try to keep nigerian football history alive......very impressed with your questions.keep it up.........i love going back into time when it concerns nigerian football. tell me.
1. who wore jersey number 5 for the eaglets at the japan '93 u-17 tourney??
2. who was the first nigerian player to kick a ball in the world cup??
3. which was yakubu aiyegbeni's club before he played for julius berger fc??
4. which was the last club sunday oliseh played for in Nigeria before he left for europe??
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by LoverBwoy(m): 2:58am On Dec 31, 2005
nice nice

its so unfortunatte we dnt have history of players just comin bang into da limelight ...esp club they played for in nigeria.."their real age" and what states they are from

not dat da stae really matters but u know when u watch nfl or Granstand u get da full info....

and where can i get the "WHERE ARE THEY NOW" there are some players ive never heard of but are said to be in da national team shocked
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by Akolawole(m): 3:58am On Dec 31, 2005
@ LoverBwoy

Can you be more clearer on your question , comments or enquiry.
I guess you are new to this forum, there is a rule guiding this forum.
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by LoverBwoy(m): 9:50am On Jan 04, 2006
which specific rule are u on about?

regarding relevance to the subject? or....?

if theres an information centre e.g nfa.com ( which i dnt think exist) people will be able to research on players n general enquiries like da question in ur quiz or other things in general

and yes im fairly new to the site....do new members have restictions? or is there " SENIOR" ONLINE AS WELL?
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by Akolawole(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2006
@LoverBwoy
Yes, relevant to the subject ( but all of us break the rule o)

No national football association will have a website that contains everything one need to know on players but continous monitoring of competitions will do.
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by LoverBwoy(m): 1:18am On Jan 05, 2006
i agree but in some instance where nigerians cant even watch a game involving nigeria thats awful...for e.g i couldnt even watch the nigeria romania match until after a week online

no national football association will have a website with all the info but some will be useful to make calculated guess or someone on the customer service/research section might help wink
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by Akolawole(m): 1:54am On Jan 05, 2006
@LoverBwoy
No Sir,
Even some England national team matches were not even showned live in England, viewers pay for it.
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by LoverBwoy(m): 3:18am On Jan 05, 2006
Erm Sir,
All Matches involving England are Shown Live!
im not talking about paying for it...i dnt know of any england game people have had to pay for though..if its not on BBC/ITV it will be on Sky sports certainly not Priemership plus
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by Akolawole(m): 3:23am On Jan 05, 2006
Is skysports free ?

Could everyone in UK afford Skysports package?
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by LoverBwoy(m): 4:12am On Jan 05, 2006
well over 90% of the games are available on TV

my point about sky sport....its not free but considering over 62% of the population are connected to digital tv.....and if u come out of ur house n sit in a cafe or pub u will watch the game free

what im tryna say is atleast matches are broadcasted to the country involved and accesible to a very high percentage of the population
Re: Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition) by IICC4ever: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2010
pls, who can still remember the year of this fa cup final btw abiola babes and Kano pillars. it was a tough game,  in not sure if it was 89 or 1990. daniel amokachi was in this game, and player like toyin ayinla, ademola adesina, raymon king was on Abiola s side. the kano guy really did well ,  but lost the game, after all people believe MKO Bought the trophy.

(1) (Reply)

Sure 4 To 10 Odds Daily...... All For FREE / 'HOME BASE PLAYERS Won’t Make NATIONS CUP Squad' / University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.