Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,472 members, 7,836,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 (194617 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (124) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by redsox11: 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
There was a thread on FF that I read in the past , forgot the name now, he deleted the thread later , I think you can find it as extracted post now.

The man is trading aggressively but definitely a top notch trader. Enter trades with 5 pips stop loss , take profit always 200 pips. His account balance was reading close to half a million dollars. A lot of few losses and breakeven trades but still highly profitable. Using SR mainly for entry.

If you're looking to get profitable in forex the easy way. Find yourself a good methodology/system that provide you with good RR. I'm telling you it's the easiest way to go.

Ps: I'm not saying another method doesn't work. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Shevychen2: 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
redsox11:

That shouldn't happen often with proper trade management, applying breakeven stops.

Agree on Daily requiring wider stops. Which is why the stacking doesn't work for me. Every new trade tends to have 100 pips stop on average for it to be judged as having enough breathing room based on my strategy. Break even stops won't prevent the loss for me. For example, you get into a trade and it goes your way 100 pips before breaking a key level. You add a new position at the key level with a 100 pips stop while moving the first trade to BE. A retracement hits and takes out the 100 pips SL on the new trade and taking out the BE on the first trade so you are sitting with a -100 instead of 0.

But of course I understand people have different systems and trade management methods. Just highlighting how it affects me.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 1:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
redsox11:

Muchas gracias for the yearly chart. I think it's too far off, if it's possible to post 3month and 6month chart, if that's available.

There you go brother!
the 3months

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
The 6months is ripe for shorts . your absolutely spot on!

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 2:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
GPBAUD DAILY/5MIN push up
GBPUSD DAILY/5MIN push up
AUDCAD DAILY/5MIN press down
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by redsox11: 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2018
teejaysmarty1:

There you go brother! the 3months..

The 6months is ripe for shorts . your absolutely spot on!

Thanks for the charts... Couldn't get a read off them like I did on the monthly chart (the hangman on 3months chart is not bad tho). When that happens, I just ignore and find another chart I could read smiley
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by redsox11: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2018
I've been teaching a friend how to trade forex, he is pretty new and doesn't know a lot yet. He is good/learning different terms and few other things I think is important.

Set up a demo account for him to run, gave him what to look out for and trade. I'll see how he can follow simple set of rules at the end of the month.

You do know some find it very hard to follow simple rules, they get jumpy when the market is moving and forget about the rules to follow.

I'm not being mr nice guy though as I'm also using him/opportunity to test out some ideas I have but can't work with right now.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by redsox11: 4:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
Simple rules ;
15mins TF.

Find Bias, simple things to look for,
Wait for set up, 1 trade per pair, 2 max.

Watchlist, 3-5 pairs to watch...

Trade management, split trade... SL = 5-7pips , TP = 50 / 100 pips.

Breakeven after some good move away.

R:R -- 1:10 ... 1:20

I'll try to report his progress when I can.

Ps: Sample chart below. Don't get carried away most won't turn out that way.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2018
teejaysmarty1:

Infact with what i see on the WEEKLY TF right now(all things being equal)
the next major Support for the fall of OIL(should we break the 6,388) is around 6,247 area .
Should be around 140 pips drop.

OIL got killed to the downside @ 188 pips right now.

* next major support is on the weekly 6,294 ish area
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by ncpat(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2018
I now see Forex from different angle

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/f100/2410983
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
teejaysmarty1:
GPBAUD DAILY/5MIN push up

What a (slow)day!

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2018
teejaysmarty1:

AUDCAD DAILY/5MIN press down

2 down ,1 to go

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
teejaysmarty1:

GBPUSD DAILY/5MIN push up

30points loss Stopped out. re-entered a buy.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 10:42pm On Feb 05, 2018
teejaysmarty1:

30points loss Stopped out. re-entered a buy.

sign out for a mini profit!

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by redsox11: 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
redsox11:
USD/JPY and USD/CAD looks interesting for sell. Out of G/Cad.

Anyone looking at CAD/JPY? I need to find how yearly chart looks like... The monthly chart looks like a serious sell off is brewing
, some 600 - 1000pips in the making.

Cad/Jpy fall is here already , I need a good retrace on 4hours to join the ride.

I mentioned U/cad and U/J earlier today, entered both... almost same set up but U/cad just show me say price is the boss.

Recap ;
Usd/Cad double top didn't hold, stop hit.
G/Chf hit stop from last week, missed re-entry because the stop was little wild.
U/J doing very good.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by redsox11: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2018
I take a lot of hit "sometimes", I usually don't bother much (You've got to learn how to take losses without sweating your pant).

If I'm going to sit and monitor my trades I can get better entries and miss some few moves, but I just want to get in on the general direction of the move with tight enough stop as I can get.

Usd/Jpy chart.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Futureinvestors(m): 6:27am On Feb 06, 2018
BullBearMkt:

@Futureinvestors, I completely respect your analysis etc, but looking at all your previous posts, do you want me to belief that with Ichimoku Cloud analysis, you've never had any loss? That looks really good to be true. You must be toooo goood @ it
grin grin grin grin grin

Check my channel I share our outcomes GREEN OR RED...
I have order running red but I only accept loses when it's a threat, with great equity u can achieve a lot... All trends are bound to reverse that's you have buy & sell buttons.

Thank u.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by redsox11: 8:22am On Feb 06, 2018
If you SL, risk to reward is 50:1 , you need your system to be 98% accurate to stay above water.
If you SL, risk to reward is 10:1 , you need your system to be 91% accurate to be profitable.
etc...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by redsox11: 9:21am On Feb 06, 2018
Another and final shot on USDCAD?? ANYBODY??
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by BullBearMkt(m): 9:21am On Feb 06, 2018
EURUSD BULLISH ON 15MINS...
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 9:33am On Feb 06, 2018
FTSE 100 @ AVR
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by BullBearMkt(m): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2018
Nice Bullish setup for USDCHF - 1HR... good to go
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by meshpips(m): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2018
BullBearMkt:
Nice Bullish setup for USDCHF - 1HR... good to go
grin grin grin grin grin

This one should be fine.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Futureinvestors(m): 10:42am On Feb 06, 2018
Shevychen2:

Agree on Daily requiring wider stops. Which is why the stacking doesn't work for me. Every new trade tends to have 100 pips stop on average for it to be judged as having enough breathing room based on my strategy. Break even stops won't prevent the loss for me. For example, you get into a trade and it goes your way 100 pips before breaking a key level. You add a new position at the key level with a 100 pips stop while moving the first trade to BE. A retracement hits and takes out the 100 pips SL on the new trade and taking out the BE on the first trade so you are sitting with a -100 instead of 0.

But of course I understand people have different systems and trade management methods. Just highlighting how it affects me.

This reply <removed> because OP is a learner according to NL.loll
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Feshizzy(m): 11:09am On Feb 06, 2018
Futureinvestors:

But then... I have seen you say shit on my post but I'm a businessman I have seen things...

Well just to say here about your post and your strategy hope it helps anyone...

#TP-Take Profit Extras�
First you must split your lot size to have multiple TPs & SLs
Enter your trade place your TPs & SLs if u love dem.
When TP1 is taken,-Move/place SL @Entry (BE), wait 10-15pips in profit more then Move SL to TP1. In case of pullback u take half of TP2.
Even if you have a new key level wait for a reasonable pullback before making new entry. Learn to trade better this way�

@FutureInvestFX
Same strategy you are using,
And still can't make profit.
Did he tell you he is a learner like you, who doesn't already have a good MM strategy?

Put your oversabi, to creating a trade explorer,
Or investor password, that is if you even understand what these are.

And shot doubting minds like mine up for good.

Btw, you haven't even posted any live follow up trade.
Just edited history and feeling good about yourself.

Well,
I made 10,000pips yesterday too,
Here it is
EURJPY @100.00 tp 1100.00
Tp1 to tp10 closed
+10,000 pips made.

You see, it's very easy to be all show and no go. grin grin grin

The only thing you are currently good at is writing your own history without any form of validation.
And you foolishly think anyone would be dumb enough to invest one kobo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
What a new year resolution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Feshizzy(m): 11:14am On Feb 06, 2018
ncpat:

If you can hold this consistently for six months,
Then my friend,
You just earned a golden ticket to forbes.

By the way, good job.
Please keep it up.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 11:18am On Feb 06, 2018
Looking for an excuse to buy USDJPY DAILY/1HR TF
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Shevychen2: 11:43am On Feb 06, 2018
Futureinvestors:

[s]
But then... I have seen you say shit on my post but I'm a businessman I have seen things...

Well just to say here about your post and your strategy hope it helps anyone...

#TP-Take Profit Extras�
First you must split your lot size to have multiple TPs & SLs
Enter your trade place your TPs & SLs if u love dem.
When TP1 is taken,-Move/place SL @Entry (BE), wait 10-15pips in profit more then Move SL to TP1. In case of pullback u take half of TP2.
Even if you have a new key level wait for a reasonable pullback before making new entry. Learn to trade better this way�[/s]

@FutureInvestFX

I don't need your useless ideas. I am very fine where I am thank you. smiley smiley

Come back when you have a live account and can back up your phantom pips. If you had a live account you will know that "wait 10-15pips" is a very useless thing to say when you have no idea the assets that make up a trader's portfolio. You think every pair will move in the same way? Lmao.

There is a reason why I have never quoted you in the first place. I have seen your type come and go and it will happen again. I don't pity anyone you are able to draw in with your sham.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Shevychen2: 11:53am On Feb 06, 2018
ncpat:

Congrats on your new system pal. Just need to be careful with your risk. Look at your risk of ruin tab and you can see that it will only take 3 trades to lose 10% of your account. There is 31% risk of you losing 10% of the account and almost 10% chance of losing 20%. Of course it is hypothetical but it is a good way to know if you need to tone down your risk.

Here is mine.. I like maintaining a less than 1% chance of losing 10% of my account. But of course: Different people, different traders, different systems, different risk appetite, different targets.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Edd1e(m): 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
H4 XAUUSD (GOLD)- SELL

Let's see how this one plays out.

Disclaimer- Trade @ ur own risk. Happy pipping

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2018
teejaysmarty1:
Looking for an excuse to buy USDJPY DAILY/1HR TF

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teejaysmarty1: 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
EURUSD bounce up @ 12321.1 on DAILY.
missed original entry

17,369.2 ish area bounce up on the GBPCAD DAILY.(Looking for a reason to buy on the 5MIN)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (124)

Promotion Of Betting, FOREX, Binary Options & Cryptocurrencies Banned / Ghana Lottery 05/90 / How To Make LIQUID SOAP (used For Washing Dishes, Cars, Clothes, Windows Etc.)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.