Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises (33281 Views)

Ralph Uwazuruike Blasts Wike Over Hotel Demolition Says "What Nonsense Governor" / Buhari With Wike As President Commissions New Airport Terminal In Port-Harcourt / 'Cry Cry Governor’, Amaechi Blasts Wike Over 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by EternalTruths: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2018
Shosvegas:

If Wike can't instruct an ordinary DPO in his state. Then he should resign. If a number one citizen in a state cannot control security agencies in his state according to you, I think I dnt see d reason y he shud continue ruling

Illiteracy is not knowing that in Nigeria, the police is not under the state governors but presidency.

In reality, the Governors are not the Chief Security of their States

2 Likes

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by EternalTruths: 8:26am On Jan 02, 2018
Donjazzy12:

You just spoke facts! Everybody who knows Rivers state knows that the alleged killer Donwanny was empowered by Wike and even given a Chieftaincy title by the same Wike. That is why all APC members are killed in that place. We have not forgotten the case of the ward 4 party chairman of APC that was beheaded, with his wife and Son also killed because they held a ward meeting!

But Rivers people do not deserve pity! When they are ready, they should rise and remove the yoke from their necks.

Are you saying that Ogba- Omoku people are APC supporters.

1 Like

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by Wallade(m): 8:27am On Jan 02, 2018
I thought there was a recent report that DonWanny was assassinated, I suspected an error when they could not recover his corpse from the river.

I suspect that it was a revenge mission attack directed at the people for cerebrating his attempted assassination

However, I write to condole the people of ONELGA, Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by Reference(m): 8:28am On Jan 02, 2018
dokiOloye:
Stoopid Peterside has forgotten that the police,army and other security agencies are not under d control of the governor.
Wike doesn't have d power to instruct an ordinary DPO on what to do.

Oga this is invalid. There is a lot a governor can do. Social ills are not all about hard power. Where is the political will. Where are his negotiating skills, where are his diplomatic skills. Does he mean he cannot reach out to anybody in that community to win over the minds of the sane half. What has he done to better the economic, the educational and social lot of the people of that area to distract them from cultism.

Anywhere you see violence means the breakdown of communication. It is in the purview of the local government to ensure there is no gap between itself and the people and between peoples first before law enforcement steps in. They should organise town halls, call out civil society groups, get mediators in and sort out the problem once and for all. That is leadership and Wike is not showing this..

Yes, I say the first layer of law enforcement should be local not federal as we have in Nigeria but this does not absolve civilian, political administration from their responsibilities to keep their dogs on a leash. If Wike cannot manage that the people of Rivers state should find another who can.

1 Like

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by kindredspirit(m): 8:28am On Jan 02, 2018
Egein:
Quite confusing. This post concludes that Don Wanny led the attack; but we were once told that the same Don Wanny died last year (https://www.nairaland.com/4187333/don-wanny-shot-dead-rivers). Explanations?

Exactly! The thread made Front Page some months ago. I remember some persons pooh-poohed the story then. Could they have been right that the Don Wanny fella wasn't killed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by dokiOloye(m): 8:29am On Jan 02, 2018
Shosvegas:

If Wike can't instruct an ordinary DPO in his state. Then he should resign. If a number one citizen in a state cannot control security agencies in his state according to you, I think I dnt see d reason y he shud continue ruling
sometimes when you see a comment you don't understand,pause and think and see if u could learn something you possibly didn't know.
A DPO is answerable to d Commissioner of Police,d commissioner to d AIG,d AIG to d IG,d IG to d president.
Why do you think Joseph Mbu d former commissioner of police of Rivers state was able to successfully terrorize Amaechi during his tenure as governor?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by Okezedan(m): 8:30am On Jan 02, 2018
This is too much of a killing in just one local government. Besides, i thought DONwanny has been killed.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:30am On Jan 02, 2018
FRESHG:
ELECTION IS FAST APPROACHING,SO THEY MUST DO EVERYTHING WITHIN THEIR POWER TO REMOVE NYSOM WIKE BY ALL MEANS...
"the Director-General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA Dakuku Peterside"

Dakuku Peterside should be the first suspect! He has being paid to dis-stabilise Rivers all in the name of power!

He should go and partner with the FG to stop the killings by Bokoharam and Fulani's Herdmen!
Leave River State alone!

And anyone involved in murdering of those people will die a horrible death. More horrendous than those people. Amen!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by Collins9156(m): 8:31am On Jan 02, 2018
Hmmm, Peterside should tell us more about ths killing.

Maybe he was passing then.

I did not say Peterside is involved.

But he could be of help to arrest those perpetrators.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by Donjazzy12(m): 8:32am On Jan 02, 2018
EternalTruths:

Are you saying that Ogba- Omoku people are APC supporters.
What kind of reasoning is this? Did you read what I wrote at all?

Are you sure you are an adult?

Because there are just too many children on Nairaland these days.

Haba!

There are party supporters of every party in all parts of Nigeria. I made it clear about the case of an APC ward chairman that was killed google it yourself with his wife and first son.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by EternalTruths: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2018
dokiOloye:
sometimes when you see a comment you don't understand,pause and think and see if u could learn something you possibly didn't know.
A DPO is answerable to d Commissioner of Police,d commissioner to d AIG,d AIG to d IG,d IG to d president.
Why do you think Joseph Mbu d former commissioner of police of Rivers state was able to successfully terrorize Amaechi during his tenure as governor?

You know that many Nigerians are educated illiterates who don't understand how Nigerian system works.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by ruggedtimi(m): 8:35am On Jan 02, 2018
MadCow1:
Lol.... Rest in Peace to the dead and also congratulations to the dead on making the news. grin

I woke up to calls of people calling to ask me about this and I just flippantly laughed it off. It's nothing new. Nobody worth anything risks their lives to go to Omoku in Rivers State. Kidnapping, muder and other violent crimes have been the order of the day for years.. Long before Amaechi. This was not APC's doing. Nobody in that village dare identify as APC or you will be dead, #FACT!

I want to thank mr. Felix Obuah a.k.a Go-round ONELGA for sacrificing the sanity of that village for political gains. Its not lost on anyone who created this chaos. The Oba of Ogbaland has also lost all relevance in that village as once upon a time, this would never have happened in Ogbaland under the watch of the Oba without repercussions.

Sorry I come across as cold but this is not new. This is a regular occurrence in Omoku.. The only difference is that this one made the news.. Let the living bury their dead. All I know is that one day even this will have to come to an end.
i am suprised how oba of ogbaland lost his relevance. Used to be one of the most powerful traditional rulers in nigeria. Okrika was once a war zone but no massacre as such.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by EternalTruths: 8:37am On Jan 02, 2018
Donjazzy12:

What kind of reasoning is this? Did you read what I wrote at all?

Are you sure you are an adult?

Because there are just too many children on Nairaland these days.

Haba!

There are party supporters of every party in all parts of Nigeria. I made it clear about the case of an APC ward chairman that was killed google it yourself with his wife and first son.

You said they killed APC party members months ago.

The people they killed on 1st of 2018 are Lord Chosen members and not APC members.

Your comment sounded as if Ogba people are Pro APC. That is why I asked that question.

You see, the baby is you and not me.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by shekauvsbuhari: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2018
FRESHG:
ELECTION IS FAST APPROACHING,SO THEY MUST DO EVERYTHING WITHIN THEIR POWER TO REMOVE NYSOM WIKE BY ALL MEANS...
foolish n gullible nigerians have started defending their politicians again and painting black the ones they dont like. How did u get ur facts? Instead of condemning their acts accross board, u re defending the one u hav collected one thousand naira from. Thats y dey ll continue to play with ur lives.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by dokiOloye(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2018
Reference:

Oga this is invalid. There is a lot a governor can do. Social ills are not all about hard power. Where is the political will. Where are his negotiating skills, where are his diplomatic skills. Does he mean he cannot reach out to anybody in that community to win over the minds of the sane half. What has he done to better the economic, the educational and social lot of the people of that area to distract them from cultism.

Anywhere you see violence means the breakdown of communication. It is in the purview of the local government to ensure there is no gap between itself and the people and between peoples first before law enforcement steps in. They should organise town halls, call out civil society groups, get mediators in and sort out the problem once and for all. That is leadership and Wike is not showing this..

Yes, I say the first layer of law enforcement should be local not federal as we have in Nigeria but this does not absolve civilian, political administration from their responsibilities to keep their dogs on a leash. If Wike cannot manage that the people of Rivers state should find another who can.
oga all you have said are true to some extent but remember this is Nigeria where ppl can decide to orchestrate violence with d intention of painting their political opponents black even if it involves loss of lives.
For example,is there a reason why Akin Fakorede the O/C sars should still remain in Rivers state in spite of all d petitions against him including d one in Rivers' election re-run where he was caught on camera assaulting INEC staff to rig elections for APC?
Remember Wike has pointedly accused him of being behind some of d acts of insecurity including kidnappings and armed robberies in Rivers with evidence, yet he is still there?
So my brother,if you don't know these ppl well,don't stick out your neck for them.

1 Like

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by ladychioma: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2018
RIP to the dead. This is disheartening.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by EternalTruths: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2018
dokiOloye:
oga all you have said are true to some extent but remember this is Nigeria where ppl can decide to orchestrate violence with d intention of painting their political opponents black even if it involves loss of lives.
For example,is there a reason why Akin Fakorede the O/C sars should still remain in Rivers state in spite of all d petitions against him including d one in Rivers' election re-run where he was caught on camera assaulting INEC staff to rig elections for APC?
Remember Wike has pointedly accused him of being behind some of d acts of insecurity including kidnappings and armed robberies in Rivers with evidence, yet he is still there?
So my brother,if you don't know these ppl well,don't stick out your neck for them.

My brother, Nigerians are too gullible.

Why will wike destabilize his government when he has no issues with Ogba people.

Ogbas voted for PDP

Those people killed are PDP supporters.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by uchennaq(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2018
Cletus77:

Source: http://www.dailypost.ng/2018/01/01/rivers-new-year-massacre-peterside-blasts-wike-death-toll-rises/

The same method that APC Nigeria used with BOKO HARAM to remove GEJ. We know all these things, God, Allah, Amadioha, Ogun plus Ayilala go kill una Generation. AMEN!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by nothernstar: 8:53am On Jan 02, 2018
FRESHG:
was it coursed by wike. I still remember that the same issue was there during Amaechi. The should look inward and find solution to it rather than blaming the governor alone

1 Like

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by Donjazzy12(m): 8:54am On Jan 02, 2018
EternalTruths:

You said they killed APC party members months ago.

The people they killed on 1st of 2018 are Lord Chosen members and not APC members.

Your comment sounded as if Ogba people are Pro APC. That is why I asked that question.

You see, the baby is you and not me.
I knew something was seriously wrong with your reasoning even before responding to you. Go and check whether they killed APC Ward 4 Chairman, with his wife and first Son. Do that first. Then according to your reasoning Omoku people are Lord Chosen supporters, abi?

Keep supporting Evil, you will never end well. Quote me.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by Donjazzy12(m): 8:56am On Jan 02, 2018
nothernstar:
was it coursed by wike. I still remember that the same issue was there during Amaechi. The should look inward and find solution to it rather than blaming the governor alone
Show us how the issue was there during Amaechis time. May the killers of the Omoku people locate you this 2018! Please say Amen.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by lordnaruto: 9:02am On Jan 02, 2018
we're just hypocrites in Nigeria. Now, nobody is blaming Buhari, or the entire christians since majority of the people in Rivers are xtians, if it were to be an incident in the north, the next thing is Isman this, Muslim that. i keep saying this, everything that's happening is political in this country, Boko Haram, so called fulani herdsmen issh, this omoku killings etc, they're just using our lives to play ping pong, 'divide and conquer', as long as we (especially YOUths) keep fighting ourselves over all those issues, they keep enjoying. but. majority of ur youths are too stupid to realize that, i suggest u people should start playing chess.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by texazzpete(m): 9:03am On Jan 02, 2018
Gkemz:
APC is doing this to frustrate wike's government just like it did during Jonathan's government. All these attacks in Rivers, Adamawa and Borno, Benue, Plateau, etc against Christians through fulani herdsmen parading themselves as gunmen are politically motivated.

So by this your allegation, where are the killings in Delta, Ekiti and the South Eastern states? Are those not PDP states again? Are those Governors immune to ‘frustration’?

Receive sense in this 2018!!
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by smartolala(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2018
Don wanny is felix obuah/wike foot soldier.

.if you know omoku very well
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by bs81(m): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2018
The wicked shall never go unpunished.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2018
dokiOloye:
Stoopid Peterside has forgotten that the police,army and other security agencies are not under d control of the governor.
Wike doesn't have d power to instruct an ordinary DPO on what to do.

Shut up!

Shut up!!

And do it again.

Aren't you tired of defending politicians who careless of your existence?

Wike and Amaechi regard for human lives is akin to that of butchers.

Would you say this if love ones are among the dead?

Nigeria Politicians are free walking vampires.

They have no good plans for you.

Reject them!

1 Like

Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by EternalTruths: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2018
Donjazzy12:

I knew something was seriously wrong with your reasoning even before responding to you. Go and check whether they killed APC Ward 4 Chairman, with his wife and first Son. Do that first. Then according to your reasoning Omoku people are Lord Chosen supporters, abi?

Keep supporting Evil, you will never end well. Quote me.

They killed, APC members last year which I agree with you.

The people killed yesterday are not APC members but Christians coming back from crossover night.

We know, most of them killed are Pro PDP because Ogba is PDP stronghold

So why accuse Wike of killing his supporters.?

Use your brain for once.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by EternalTruths: 9:13am On Jan 02, 2018
smartolala:
Don wanny is felix obuah/wike foot soldier.

.if you know omoku very well

Is Omoku PDP or APC stronghold.?
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by dokiOloye(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2018
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

Shut up!

Shut up!!

And do it again.

Aren't you tired of defending politicians who careless of your existence?

Wike and Amaechi regard for human lives is akin to that of butchers.

Would you say this if love ones are among the dead?

Nigeria Politicians are free walking vampires.

They have no good plans for you.

Reject them!
Your zombie viral load is high.
Lemme just ignore you.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by willibounce1(m): 9:22am On Jan 02, 2018
So it was wike that carried gun to go and shoot all these people. Nigerian politicians are so evil and daft. Some mumu people too are already making it political.

When things like this happen in the USA, which happens regularly, you don't hear people making it political or blaming the governor. Any Idio.t can pick up a gun and decide to kill people. That doesn't mean the governor or politicians are behind it.
Re: Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:28am On Jan 02, 2018
I WISH THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS GREAT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo: I Worked Among Prostitutes, Area Boys In Lagos / Peter Obi With His Campaign Media Team ( Photos) / Top 10 Presidential Jets Of African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.