Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic (26846 Views)

Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network / Benin Republic Withdraws Globacom’s Operating Licence / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by Leonbonapart(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
phlamesG:
pls can someone explain what's going on here?
take your immorality off here. This is new year hegoat
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by Simpledude0847(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
techbloga:
Report has gathered that one of Nigeria’s biggest network ‘Glo’ which is a subsidiary of the Nigerian telecom group ‘Globalcom’ has refused to comply with the new payment obligation made by telecoms license in Benin Republic. This was reported by the Regulatory Authority for Electrical Communication and Posts (ARCEP) of Benin Republic, and so, the body also threatens to end Glo mobile and its operation in the West African Country.

Globalcom company which has earlier been notified of their refusal to comply with their new dues on the 18th December 2017 following the failure in September 2017 of the negotiations initiated with the State since June 2017 for the renewal of its telecom license. It was revealed that Glo Mobile would have refused to pay the new price of the telecom license, set by the Beninese state.

ARCEP of Benin Republic also stated that in refusal of the company's compliance to the new payment, it  requires Globalcom operations around its state to stop, this also include the sales of new SIM card and recharge cards around its state. Also stated that the company must notify all its subscribers of the impending cessation of its activities and invite them to consume definitively the telephone credits available on their accounts within thirty days of the notification sent to them. Glo Mobile will also have to maintain its passive colocation infrastructure with other operators for a period of three months.

From our findings Globalcom has yet to release an official statement regarding the issue.

The Beninese telecom market lost two big mobile operators in about four months although if we assume the worse case scenario with Globalcom. Bell Benin Communications SA which was lost on 2nd August 2017. Leaving only three which are MTN, Libercom, Spacetel and Moov.

source: http://www.techsphere.com.ng/globalcom-ends-in-benin-republic/

In all fairness, I think they deserve whichever amount they are told to pay. The brand is only enjoying its indigenous tag here in Nigeria. Would other foreign owned brands have remained porous in its network delivery like Glo in Nigeria and such network will be as free to operate as Glo? I guess they are delivering the same poor service in that Country like they are doing in Nigeria and what better way to push them out than to do so with outrageous new payment? If it is to be giving celebs money up and down on top senseless shows, they will know how to pay up.

1 Like

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by unbitchable(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
free2ryhme:

Glo and mago mago na one and the same
It's not about Glo. They've already lost two mobile giants in four months. Their policies are harsher on investors, they need to check it.
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by maxwell767(m): 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
free2ryhme:
this is way to much to bear for the glo coy

This is 2018

This nonsense must stop

Is it your nonsense? undecided

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by free2ryhme: 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
maxwell767:

Is it your nonsense? undecided

your nonsense is becoming a nuisance
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by omoiyalayi(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
Have they put the numbers of Benin citizens employed by Glo Mobile into consideration before taking this decision?

What's is all this flexing of muscle with Glo sef?

Their population is not even up to any state here in nigeria

They are even using Glo infrastructure there o

I hope they reach an agreement or else they have more to loose

Glo all the way
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by maxwell767(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
free2ryhme:

your nonsense is becoming a nuisance

Is it your Nuisance

undecided
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by free2ryhme: 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
unbitchable:
It's not about Glo. They've already lost two mobile giants in four months. Their policies are harsher on investors, they need to check it.

it is sadden
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by free2ryhme: 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2018
maxwell767:

Is it your Nuisance

undecided

why shld it be when your nuisance is becoming unbecoming
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by maxwell767(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
free2ryhme:

why shld it be when your nuisance is becoming unbecoming

undecided

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by thunderbabs: 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2018
2018 prophecies no slow this year.. Quick effect..
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by lexy2014: 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2018
Chevronstaff:
GLO will just be deducting someone's airtime anyhow...[b]They have signed the whole celebs in Nigeria . [/b]And their network is the most useless still
as if its celebrity that will give customers network. 4 more than 24hours I have been trying to load airtime without success. All they tell me in customer service is call back later, engineers are working on it. work wey no de finish.

1 Like

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by poweredcom(m): 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
imagine Benin was die ..if dem like make dem chase all telco conot for dem small country na dem sabi
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by lexy2014: 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
Simpledude0847:
In all fairness, I think they deserve whichever amount they are told to pay. The brand is only enjoying its indigenous tag here in Nigeria. Would other foreign owned brands have remained porous in its network delivery like Glo in Nigeria and such network will be as free to operate as Glo? I guess they are delivering the same poor service in that Country like they are doing in Nigeria and what better way to push them out than to do so with outrageous new payment? If it is to be giving celebs money up and down on top senseless shows, they will know how to pay up.
I think say na only me de reason am. Glo has lost focus. If they want 2b an entertainment company, let them face that &leave telecom 4 serious people

2 Likes

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by Simpledude0847(m): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
lexy2014:
I think say na only me de reason am. Glo has lost focus. If they want 2b an entertainment company, let them face that &leave telecom 4 serious people
And to think say them dey bid for 9mobile! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Maybe the payment was too much. Africans always looking to reap where they did not sow

Lol, but if that was MTN Nigeria u people will be shouting let them go back to their xenophobic country.
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by Chartey(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
timilehin95:
Na wa oo

Dey want to use nigerian company to boost their economy

Buhari must hear dis

poweredcom:
imagine Benin was die ..if dem like make dem chase all telco conot for dem small country na dem sabi

omoiyalayi:
Have they put the numbers of Benin citizens employed by Glo Mobile into consideration before taking this decision?

What's is all this flexing of muscle with Glo sef?

Their population is not even up to any state here in nigeria

They are even using Glo infrastructure there o

I hope they reach an agreement or else they have more to loose

Glo all the way

But when we were bullying MTN here you all supported it. This one is normal dues o not even a huge fine like that of MTN.

1 Like

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by matrixme(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
Benin Republic is rather a small market for a company like glo. These things are common. Corporate organizations open new branches in a place that looks promising but in action, it's not profitable in the long run, so they have to close it. Example is Fast food outlets and banks.
A company with the largest data network in Nigeria, vying for 9mobile can't be so poor they can't afford to renew their commitment in a small country like that

1 Like

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by mastermaestro(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
Chevronstaff:
GLO will just be deducting someone's airtime anyhow...They have signed the whole celebs in Nigeria . And their network is the most useless still

I had thought I could mix up the mobile networks that I use, but I was wrong. I got a glo sim to support my MTN lines. What do I get in return? Deductions upon deductions. They have exhausted the airtime on my glo line through dubious unannounced deductions. I have decided to break and throw the glo sim away. Right now, I don't mind having a million Mtn lines so long as they keep giving me the perfect and clean services I expect of them.

1 Like

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by willibounce1(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2018
It should actually n the end of Glo in Nigeria. That network is fraudulent. They just deceive people by promising nonsense data that you cannot use. NCC should stop collecting bribe from GLO and fine them big time.
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by OyinO: 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
Glo has continued to automatically subscribed me to services i didn't even know exists. Then they deduct wheneve i recharge. What a way to steal? Well, with a sleeping NCC by ya side, what do you expect?
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
Chevronstaff:
GLO will just be deducting someone's airtime anyhow...They have signed the whole celebs in Nigeria . And their network is the most useless still
I tell you! N100 go just go viammm like That!

The worst aspect is after the complaint no refund undecided

they are thieves robbing daylight with network I tell you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by deolu2000(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
so Glo wants to do MTN style of Nigeria for Benin. na real wa
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by MOTIVEBI: 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
Benin sef that one na country one state for south south rich pass dem. Glo abeg make una come back jeje leave the useless country, dem want turn Africa richest country for una head.
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by kernel505: 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Maybe the amount was too much. Africans always looking to reap where they did not sow

Go and check American foreign investment policies, after comparing it, you will say "Thanks" to Benin.
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by timilehin95(m): 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2018
Chartey:

But when we were bullying MTN here you all supported it. This one is normal dues o not even a huge fine like that of MTN.
U nd who were bullying MTN?
Go nd check d issue of MTN with d FG nd come back here
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by Chartey(m): 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2018
timilehin95:
U nd who were bullying MTN? Go nd check d issue of MTN with d FG nd come back here
Have you checked the issue with Glo and the government of Benin?
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by mindtricks: 11:31am On Jan 09, 2018
maxwell767:
Benin republic will miss Glo... Because glo has offered so many benefits for them.. I remembered my years of living in cotonou... Glo has always been the cheapest both in browsing too. Followed by moov benin.

cry

Then let them do the needful. It's up to the them, it's their call.
Re: The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic by maxwell767(m): 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
mindtricks:

Then let them do the needful. It's up to the them, it's their call.

Hmmm..... undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 5 Smart Phones With Long Lasting Battery Life In Nigeria / See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features / Are People Still Reacharging Their Lines With Paper Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.