Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary (1551 Views)

SEO: I Need Someone To Help Me Rank My Medium Article On Google First Option / Google Ad Nairaland VS Nairaland Ad Based Which Is PROFITABLE .....be The Judge / Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary by motocamara: 3:15am On Jan 02, 2018
Happy New Year, Webmasters. Please I have a question:

When bloggers post a summary of their article and then a link, you find Nairalanders typing things like 'La click LA blend' telling the blogger to post the full article on Nairaland or they will not read it. But if you post your full article on Nairaland, won't it mean you no one will visit your blog, so you end up not getting any traffic? Or am I missing something here?

Webmasters please help.
Re: Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary by motocamara: 6:03am On Jan 02, 2018
Good morning, everyone.
Re: Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary by cashcity: 11:50am On Jan 02, 2018
I will advise you to post the summary... As long as what you are posting makes sense, people that are interested will always continue it to ur website... As for me If I see any articles that impress me, I will always click the link to anywhere it leads me to finish it up .
Re: Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary by motocamara: 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
cashcity:
I will advise you to post the summary... As long as what you are posting makes sense, people that are interested will always continue it to ur website... As for me If I see any articles that impress me, I will always click the link to anywhere it leads me to finish it up .
Thank you, Sir for that expert advice. But Sir, I notice that a lot of bloggers post their full article on Nairaland and then link to it. So, are these bloggers losing anything in terms of Google SERPs and SEO?

For instance, won't their Nairaland post rank higher than the source post on their blog?
Re: Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
cashcity:

I think whether you chose to make a summary of an entire post should depend on the sort of information you want to convey. Some information will need to be provided in full, while for others a summary will do. But for bloggers making a summary and they placing a link to the actual blog post is way to go!
Re: Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary by motocamara: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
questechie:

I think whether you chose to make a summary of an entire post should depend on the sort of information you want to convey. Some information will need to be provided in full, while for others a summary will do. But for bloggers making a summary and they placing a link to the actual blog post is way to go!
Won't their Nairaland post rank higher than the source post on their blog on Google if they post the full article?
Re: Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
motocamara:

Won't their Nairaland post rank higher than the source post on their blog on Google if they post the full article?
No it wont.. Google is neit dumb

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Buy A .ca (canadian) Domain In Nigeria / Sign Up Now On Www.esutforum.com. / How To Secure Your Wordpress Blog From Hackers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.