Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? (2445 Views)

Google Ad Nairaland VS Nairaland Ad Based Which Is PROFITABLE .....be The Judge / Posting Full Article On Nairaland Vs Posting Just Link & Summary / Forums Apart From Nairaland, Guryuslodge And Quora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Mariangeles(f): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
I registered recently on quora and I'm yet to find what the hype is all about .

It's mostly about people asking silly questions and I'm like " are you joking me ??"

Anyone with better experience ??
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Rextizzle(m): 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2018
Stop comparing elephant and Buffalo, they ain't mate

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Mariangeles(f): 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2018
Rextizzle:
Stop comparing elephant and Buffalo, they ain't mate
Which is elephant and which is buffalo ??
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Rextizzle(m): 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
Which is elephant and which is buffalo ??
Quora is elephant, just like how Reddit is elephant. you can learn alot of things there than on Nairaland.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Rayd502(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
Quora is far better,questions asked are always answered intelligently.

You don't get to contend with clowns like we have here in Nairaland.

I however give it up for Nairaland as I have also learnt a lot from some great minds in this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Mariangeles(f): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
Rextizzle:
Quora is elephant, just like how Reddit is elephant. you can learn alot of things there than on Nairaland.

Apart from asking and answering questions, what other features are there ??
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Mariangeles(f): 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
Rayd502:
Quora is far better,questions asked are always answered intelligently.

You don't get to contend with clowns like we have here in Nairaland.

I however give it up for Nairaland as I have also learnt a lot from some great minds in this forum.
Yeah...Nairaland would have been the best if not for the disrespectful nature of most commenters .

If only they had controlled it on time ...
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Rextizzle(m): 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
Apart from asking and answering questions, what other features are there ??
Take your time and explore, although quora is just a question and answering forum so it's a bit different from nairaland.

If you want a good forum better than Nairaland, then Reddit is the best, they have different sections, sub sections and all that. and they are intelligent with answers.

When you ask questions you will get intelligent and straight answers unlike Nairaland where kids are roaming aimlessly.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by dangoteinlaw: 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
Nairaland isn't even on the same league as quora. U should be comparing Nairaland to instablog. Yes instablog because so much unverified news, kids commenting like they are fresh off the womb. Too much touts on Nairaland especially since 2016 till date. The mods are the worst, always putting useless topics on fp it's almost as if seun isn't running Nairaland anymore.

Quora is filled with highly educated and learned people. Till date all my comments haven't made fp on quora. They properly screen comments and posts, they make sure you are strictly on topic and whatever you are saying is based on facts if possible with links and illustrations. Nairaland is a ticking bomb. What am I even still doing here self

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Bizmagnet: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2018
Nairaland is great but Quora na senior.

Get your Blog and Website for your companies, schools, churches and businesses today at an affordable price.
Check my signature for my contact.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Mariangeles(f): 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
Rextizzle:
Take your time and explore, although quora is just a question and answering forum so it's a bit different from nairaland.

If you want a good forum better than Nairaland, then Reddit is the best, they have different sections, sub sections and all that. and they are intelligent with answers.

When you ask questions you will get intelligent and straight answers unlike Nairaland where kids are roaming aimlessly.
Okay thanks !
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Wizdeen(m): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
All these kind topic sef dey make me wonder which way nigeria, Quora is a verified source of information, explicitly and candidly explained by individuals, Nairaland is mostly filled with lies, Scandals, and idiotic theories formed by individuals after having a dialogue with maryjane.In essence, Quora cannot, Will not , and can never be compared to nairaland unless our mods here take action in weeding out dumb post instead of banning people anyhow.Quora can only be compared to forums like Reddit. Abeg take note, We dont want to see this kind of question again. Dont get me Wrong i love Nairaland, but like the first person to answer say, Call an Elephant by its name

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Deniafe: 2:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
Quora all the way. Nairaland is trying, but still has a lot of ground to cover.
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Rextizzle(m): 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
Okay thanks !
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Johnmattee(m): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
Don't even compare them, Quora is cool and educative it's exclusively for questions and you are sure to get a reasonable and intelligent answers unlike her where you get backlash and derisive abswers from some foolish immature minds.
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Acehart: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2018
Naira land is for erratic, illiterate, tribalistic, and foolish commentators. Nairaland reflects the doom awaiting Nigeria in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Mariangeles(f): 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
Acehart:
Naira land is for erratic, illiterate, tribalistic, and foolish commentators. Nairaland reflects the doom awaiting Nigeria in the future.
Quite harsh don't you think ??
From what you just typed, you're no different from those people I must say...

Yes, there are so many insensitive people but there are also many with healthy sane minds who are always ready to help with good advice from their experiences.
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Acehart: 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2018
Mariangeles:
Quite harsh don't you think ??
From what you just typed, you're no different from those people I must say...

Yes, there are so many insensitive people but there are also many with healthy sane minds who are always ready to help with good advice from their experiences.

You are correct. My words were harsh. I am disappointed mostly when I see that it seems this forum has an objective to polarize people by the front page topics and the contributions to each topic are mostly subjective and uneducated. Maybe less controversial topics and more educative topics that wouldn't make the front pages experience the contributions of sane and polite people.

My regards

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Mariangeles(f): 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2018
Acehart:

You are correct. My words were harsh. I am disappointed mostly when I see that it seems this forum has an objective to polarize people by the front page topics and the contributions to each topic are mostly subjective and uneducated. Maybe less controversial topics and more educative topics that wouldn't make the front pages experience the contributions of sane and polite people.

My regards
You're right about the less controversial and more educative topics part
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:46am On Dec 27, 2018
No basis for comparison..........at least for now!

But i hope they get there, starting with a new orientation for some of the moderators!

Tribalism and religion battles are the main foolish things that is so annoying here.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 27, 2018
Mariangeles:
I registered recently on quora and I'm yet to find what the hype is all about .

It's mostly about people asking silly questions and I'm like " are you joking me ??"

Anyone with better experience ??

Thanks for sharing

A lot depends on your goals/objectives

Believe it or not, some of us get our news from Nairaland.

Yes, you may need to sieve through racial slurs, pre-wedding photoshoots and cheap "savagery" to get serious content here.

But then again, for an inside peek into the average mind of Nigeria's future leaders, Nairaland is it!

Selah...

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Mariangeles(f): 3:14am On Dec 27, 2018
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing

A lot depends on your goals/objectives

Believe it or not, some of us get our news from Nairaland.

Yes, you may need to sieve through racial slurs, pre-wedding photoshoots and cheap "savagery" to get serious content here.

But then again, for an inside peek into the average mind of Nigeria's future leaders, Nairaland is it!

Selah...
Yeah...I relate more with nairaland than with quora at least for now

Probably because it's content is about 90% Nigerian...
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by clem212: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
Let's bring it down Nairaland vs Everyknows Yes https://everyknows.com
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by clem212: 4:05am On Feb 17, 2019
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2019
What kind of comparison is this!
Quora is owned my someone who knows what he's doing and knows where he's going.
Nairaland is owned by a confused fellow who can't even improve on the website. He's so afraid to improve the script he got online cuz he's scared it might crash the website.

Up till now, you can't send direct message on this forum, you can't add people as friends, you can't have a timeline where people can share with you.
You can't upload video directly, you can't share in post images directly, you can't even use your own mobile emoji... Quora has a wonderful mobile app but after 17 years, nairaland still can't come up with a mobile app for this forum. Tell me, what's the hype about?

I created my website 4 months ago.... I already have so many new features cuz I don't want my users to get bored.
You can edit already sent messages
You have a timeline and many more...

Stop celebrating mediocrity please!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by hassinho707(m): 10:05am On Feb 17, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
What kind of comparison is this!
Quora is owned my someone who knows what he's doing and knows where he's going.
Nairaland is owned by a confused fellow who can't even improve on the website. He's so afraid to improve the script he got online cuz he's scared it might crash the website.

Up till now, you can't send direct message on this forum, you can't add people as friends, you can't have a timeline where people can share with you.
You can't upload video directly, you can't share in post images directly, you can't even use your own mobile emoji... Quora has a wonderful mobile app but after 17 years, nairaland still can't come up with a mobile app for this forum. Tell me, what's the hype about?

I created my website 4 months ago.... I already have so many new features cuz I
don't want my users to get bored.
You can edit already sent messages
You have a timeline and many more...

Stop celebrating mediocrity please!
Guy, forget all this English wey you dey write. We should all learn to appreciate our own. Seun has done well, creating a website like this from scratch and bring it to where it is today takes a lot of commitment, hard work and dedication.
Personally, I have learnt a lot from nairaland, and I believe a lot of people have also learnt one or two things from here.
Re: Nairaland Vs Quora What's Your Take ?? by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2019
hassinho707:
Guy, forget all this English wey you dey write. We should all learn to appreciate our own. Seun has done well, creating a website like this from scratch and bring it to where it is today takes a lot of commitment, hard work and dedication.
Personally, I have learnt a lot from nairaland, and I believe a lot of people have also learnt one or two things from here.
From scratch?
You're funny... Web developers in here knows that nairaland was not developed from scratch...
It's called Open Source Software bro. That's why you can see so many websites that looks like nairaland but you'll never see anyone that looks like Facebook cuz that's a website that was actually built from scratch.

(1) (Reply)

Sms Portal Creator / Whats Wrong With Yahoo / Interswitch Webpay Integration - Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.