Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay (702 Views)

Presidency Reacts To ‘leaked’ Audio Of Amaechi Criticising Buhari / Sagay: Buhari’s Critics Over Dead Men’s Appointment Are Lilliputians / 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by nairavsdollars(f): 6:50am On Jan 02, 2018
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has faulted those criticising President Muhammadu Buhari’s inclusion of deceased persons’ names in new boards of Federal Government agencies.

He said their criticisms were “extremely unreasonable”.

He spoke with INDEPENDENT on Monday.

Sagay described those accusing the president of incompetence as people with Lilliputian minds who should rather focus on important issues confronting the nation.

The Senior Advocate argued that the government had done nothing wrong since it was not possible for presidency officials to visit homes of appointees 24 hours to the announcement to check whether they were still alive or dead.

“This list has been under preparation for over two years and there are about 2,000 to 3,000 names on that list.

“So, a list containing so many names under preparations for that length of time should not surprise anyone that some of them had died as at the time the announcement was made two years later.

“The way I see these comments coming in over the list, it is like Nigerians are looking for something to quarrel about.

“For example, do they expect the presidency 24 hours to the announcement to be going about knocking on each door of the appointees asking ‘Yakubu, are you alive? Emeka, are you still living?’

“So, it is so extremely unreasonable for people to accuse the president of incompetence”, he said.

Continuing, he said, “What that reminds me of is a story of Lilliput. The Lilliputians who were just one inch tall went to war with their neighbours who were equally small.

“What was the cause of the war? The Lilliputians said if you want to crack an egg, you should crack it on the larger side.

“The other group said it should be cracked on the smaller side. That was the cause of the war.

“I think Nigerians and the elite who are talking about the list have Lilliputian mind, and I regard their attitude as collective stupidity and evidence of idleness of mind.

“To see that list and begin to quarrel about it seems to me a level of senselessness that I cannot imagine.

“There are many more important things affecting this country.

“The government is not at fault. The presidency couldn’t have apologised because they have not done anything wrong.”
https://independent.ng/criticising-buhari-dead-appointees-unreasonable-sagay/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by kkkp: 6:52am On Jan 02, 2018
We are mad in this country both Apc and Pdp
Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by Atiku2019: 6:53am On Jan 02, 2018
It is Finished.. 2019 where art thou sad

1 Like

Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by hatchy(f): 6:56am On Jan 02, 2018
OK
Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by dumie(f): 6:57am On Jan 02, 2018
It's a pity, all we've got in this country is a compendium of political jokers who are collectively stupiiid

4 Likes

Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by okosodo: 7:02am On Jan 02, 2018
Sagay is stupid

1 Like

Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by Pierohandsome: 7:06am On Jan 02, 2018
As long as i am not faulting PMB on the announcement. But how on earth could it be that no body knows a single person on that list b4 the announcement, non of PMB's aid nor SA knows that some of the names on that list are no more alive? These people on that list are not ordinary people to have warranted not knowing they are no longer alive, these are men of recognotion in various fields.

Mr Sagay's defense is not tainable
Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:06am On Jan 02, 2018
How can one person be stupid and useless at the same time?

2 Likes

Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by AdiscoPele: 7:07am On Jan 02, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by isbish(m): 7:08am On Jan 02, 2018
Admittedly, I think APC should have done something to crosscheck the names at least before dishing them out. On the other hand, sagay is right that many Nigerians especially those who hate Buhari with passion are seriously over lashing the dead horse. Yes dead people turned out to be in the list and the APC came out and said it was an honest mistake and apologies were issued. What else do the opposition need? It's about time we focused on other more important issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by eunisam: 7:08am On Jan 02, 2018
sarki how far na? food don done o
Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by onward4life(m): 7:09am On Jan 02, 2018
No place like home!

I wish I was from Ghana!
Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by Vado(m): 7:09am On Jan 02, 2018
And this is somebody's father o. Oma se oo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by bonechamberlain(m): 7:11am On Jan 02, 2018
these are the kind of senseless people destroying Nigeria. Its worse knowing this man is a Prof. before their names were compiled did buhari visit their houses one by one? angry

3 Likes

Re: Those Criticising Buhari Over Dead Appointees Are Collectively Stupid - Sagay by Mynd44: 7:15am On Jan 02, 2018

(1)

Nigeria Must Be Restructured, Buhari Makes Me Sad - Balarabe Musa / Archbishop Faults Fg’s Claim It Spent N1bn On Ekwueme / Killings: Creation Of Grazing Routes ‘A Recipe For More Chaos’ – Ogbeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.