Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos (64497 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu And Wife, Uchechi Okwu Pictured In Bed (Photos, Video) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Buhari Meet At The AU 31st Meeting In Mauritania / Uchechi Okwu Kanu At Biafran Children Conference In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by morereb10: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by olamil34(m): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2018
Rich people. ..
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by lordkush: 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2018
KushyKush:
Where them dey see all these pretty girls sef?
sir are you related to paiikush?
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by morereb10: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2018
profilemail:
This is our way of giving back to Nairalanders. If you are interested in owning a Blog/ Basic Website Design as well as monetizing it with Google Adsense and we will help you set it up for free as well as working on monetizing visit the website in the image below you can also call 0705 461 5049. You will only purchase your domain and hosting thats all. You are not paying for the premium theme or for the monetization setup. This offer is only 10 Persons.

Example of Blog we did for free and setup with Google Adsense is www. beyond peers .com (Join the link together to view the blog)..

Visit the website in the attached image or call/whatsapp 081 4462 8793.

I have a blog already, having troubles getting adsense

can u help?
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Abagworo(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2018
emerich:
When did Abia state turn to Kano state?
Is it that she don't have loyalist from the southeast...
Just imagine the way the Fulani's came to fecilitate and reckon with her, while her kinsmen deserted her.
An Hausa man is a loyal friend...

That's Anambra not Abia and Okonjo-Iweala is not a tribalist like the typical IPOB supporters. The two prominent families sure understand that we Africans and mankind are one people united by love and tolerance.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2018
Very simple wedding. And some pipu wey no even small dia kind money go Wan kee theirsef on clothes, venue and other things

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
Abagworo:

That's Anambra not Abia and Okonjo-Iweala is not a tribalist like the typical IPOB supporters. The two prominent families sure understand that we Africans and mankind are one people united by love and tolerance.

Research before you spit your usual ignorance. The wedding reportedly took place at Umuahia, Abia.

3 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by biafrasun: 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
dafeyankee:
I no understand.

Why is Bafarawa playing the role of the Dad here?and if the wedding was held in Abia, how come I am seeing more Babariga and Danshiki than any Igbo traditional wear?

I get it. They refused to invite the Igbo's.
. because they are not selfish and tribalistic like you people.

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Ikechuob: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
emerich:
When did Abia state turn to Kano state?
Is it that she don't have loyalist from the southeast...
Just imagine the way the Fulani's came to fecilitate and reckon with her, while her kinsmen deserted her.
An Hausa man is a loyal friend...
dafeyankee:
I no understand.

Why is Bafarawa playing the role of the Dad here?and if the wedding was held in Abia, how come I am seeing more Babariga and Danshiki than any Igbo traditional wear?

I get it. They refused to invite the Igbo's.

If una wan praise unaselves, do so without displaying craze stupidity.

No be una wey shout let and right that NOI is a tribalist and Igbo hates North. No be una tried to destroy her reputation internationally and failed miserably.! Now she invited una to her son's wedding, person no go hear word.

There is something obviously wrong with you people. There is something seriously severely wrong with you animals of that shithole country.

I don't even know why any igbo tries to interact with any non Igbos of that shithole. No matter what they do, you animals will always find away to complain and
Show your hatred. I don't even get why any Igbo even tries.

Anyway back to topic, congrats to the couple.

5 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by MissChievous199(f): 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
Wait o, if the Bride is Achebe's granddaughter, how come the trad is in umuahia? Is Achebe from Abia??
Besides, where are my aso'ebi girls?? Plus, where are the females in this wedding biko??
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by koning: 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
I no even understand at all. Why Abia in the first place. Shouldn't the traditional wedding be performed at the Bride's hometown? She still bears 'Achebe' so I'm assuming she is Achebe's son's daughter.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Deo1986(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
Happy married life to those brilliant and apparently humble couples. Don't understand what nairalanders are fighting themselves for.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Ikechuob: 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
MissChievous199:
Wait o, if the Bride is Achebe's granddaughter, how come the trad is in umuahia? Is Achebe from Abia??
Besides, where are my aso'ebi girls?? Plus, where are the females in this wedding biko??

He's from Abia so I think they did the wedding in his village, not hers.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by BeijinDossier: 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
stephenduru:
Former Minister of Finance Dr (Mrs) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's son tied the knot traditionally few days ago in Abia State.In attendance were  Dr. Alhaji Attahiru Dalhatu Bafarawa and others.

See photos below

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/01/okonjo-iweala-son-weds-traditionally-in.html?m=1

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.lailasblog.com/photos-traditional-wedding-okonjo-iwealas-son-chinua-achebes-granddaughter/amp/

I was at this wedding. It took place in Anambra state. I actually posted the pictures here.

2 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by fuckpro: 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
IamLaura:
Forget the stereotypes
Northerners are one of the most loyal friends anybody can have,they will never betray you if they consider you their own.
...plz test your theory by remaining with them when jihad is declared
...yours will make an interesting case study
...am working on my thesis paper on conflict resolution
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by zicoraads: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
A true definition of a slay queen. Beauty and brains! Not all those ones who snap and expose themselves in the name of slaying.

HML to them cool
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by koning: 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
Very strange traditional wedding. Nobody with 'okpu Red'(Red cap) there. Too many mallams, Aboki,s and alhajis.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Teniola2000: 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
T
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by MissChievous199(f): 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ikechuob:

He's from Abia so I think they did the wedding in his village, not hers.

Since when is the trad at the groom's place The girl dinnuh have umunna and umuada?? Where's my ogidi people....comman explain biko
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Ikechuob: 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
MissChievous199:

Since when is the trad at the groom's place The girl dinnuh have umunna and umuada?? Where's my ogidi people....comman explain biko

Different strokes for different folks. Maybe the family decided to do there's different. Idk. Also who knows she may not be related to Achebe we know and her family may be from Abia. Achebe name maybe in Abia as well. Afterall, the ojukwu name is equally found in Asaba as well. Likewise, the name Osadebe is also found in Asaba, not just Anambra. I'm assuming the possibility may be the same for Achebe. It's probably a name that's found in Abia as well and we're just making assumptions that she's related to chinua simply because of her last name.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Okezedan(m): 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
The rich will always marry the rich...

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by majamajic(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
was thinking that the traditional should be in Anambra. .. bride's place
how come ??
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by majamajic(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
I like the simplicity

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Chukazu: 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
dominique:
Why so many northerners? Was the wedding held in Abia state or Sokoto? undecided

Wishing the couple happy married life, I love their simplicity

They are just been good host to their visitors...that requires taking the "back sit"

That's how we roll...
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by majamajic(m): 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ikechuob:

Different strokes for different folks. Maybe the family decided to do there's different. Idk. Also who knows she may not be related to Achebe we know and her family may be from Abia. Achebe name maybe in Abia as well. Afterall, the ojukwu name is equally found in Asaba as well. Likewise, the name Osadebe is also found in Asaba, not just Anambra. I'm assuming the possibility may be the same for Achebe. It's probably a name that's found in Abia as well and we're just making assumptions that she's related to chinua simply because of her last name.

why are u confusing yourself. ... the news said Chinua Achebe's grand daughter ... chinua achebe we all know is from Ogidi..anambra state
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by OMANBALA1: 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ikechuob:

Achebe cant be found in Abia , Imo nor Ebonyi . I am not sure about Imo but you d be hard pressed.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by OMANBALA1: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
majamajic:

why are u confusing yourself. ... the news said Chinua Achebe's grand daughter ... chinua achebe we all know is from Ogidi..anambra state

I dont buy the story a bit. Something is not right.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Ikechuob: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
majamajic:

The news is from a blog, not an actual news site. Goo and find out what bloggers do to increase traffic to their blog.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by LordAdam16: 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
koning:
I no even understand at all. Why Abia in the first place. Shouldn't the traditional wedding be performed at the Bride's hometown? She still bears 'Achebe' so I'm assuming she is[b] Achebe's son's daughter[/b].

Not really.

A substantial percentage of men who marry into more notable families take on the name of the founding Patriarch.

It may explain the location, although there're conflicting reports.

MissChievous199:

Conflicting reports. I suppose it's actually in Anambra as some posters surmise.

Aso'ebi? It may not be that important to an Ivy League grad working in Washington D.C. That's not to say it's wrong, just different priorities after acculturation.

Quite often, I've found that the 1% don't give an eff about norms.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by MRSHYCAT(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
MissChievous199:
Most part of Achebe's early life was in umuahia. He schooled there too. He was my classmate in standard 4 ( please don't call me a liar, your children will call you a liar too. lol)

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by londoner: 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2018
trolley:

None of them is from the North. The groom is Uchechi Iweala (Former Finance Minister's son) and the bride is Chioma Achebe (grand-daughter of Chinua Achebe).

Projecting definite conclusions from a few pictures convey lack of critical thinking.

That's what we all do, even you. It's just that you knew who both were that's all.
I did also mention they could both not be from the north and those in northern attire are guests, which ended up being the case.

So that part of my 'conclusion' was correct.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Ikechuob: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Achebe cant be found in Abia , Imo nor Ebonyi . I am not sure about Imo but you d be hard pressed.

Well I don't know. I'm not from the SE igbo area so I was just making assumptions when I wrote that. I was trying to say that just like some popular Anambra names is found among our people, it's very likely the same for other parts of igboland as well. I don't know though, just assuming..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB Members In Japan Face Cops Control On Attempt To See President Buhari / Mimi Adzape Shares Pants As Campaign Souvenirs (Photos) / ISWAP Claims Responsibility For Kuje Prison Attack, Releases Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.