Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Receive Payment Paypal Nigeria Petition - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Receive Payment Paypal Nigeria Petition (707 Views)

Paypal Nigeria 2020: / Paypal Nigeria 2019: Create Paypal Account That Sends And Receive Money In Niger / Help! Problem Confirming Access Visa Card Paypal Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Receive Payment Paypal Nigeria Petition by naf101: 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
I've started a Petition to hopefully bring the attention of PayPal to finally allow Nigerian Accounts to receive funds in Nigeria. Please help sign this petition, and let's hope PayPal can consider this!

https://www.change.org/p/paypal-accept-paypal-to-nigeria
Re: Receive Payment Paypal Nigeria Petition by helpfulposts(m): 3:51am On Jan 03, 2018
@Op, thanks

This is a good move
Re: Receive Payment Paypal Nigeria Petition by bemagnify: 4:16am On Jan 03, 2018
Oya. O let's all sign....
Re: Receive Payment Paypal Nigeria Petition by lamJ: 4:46am On Jan 03, 2018
It is sad that just 7 people including me have signed this petition. After you guys will be shouting that Paypal hate you but you can't take a simple action than to be chasing nairaland girls!

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 help change Nigeria
Re: Receive Payment Paypal Nigeria Petition by lamJ: 11:12am On Jan 03, 2018
Common guys
Re: Receive Payment Paypal Nigeria Petition by hostkobo(m): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2018
@OP

Nice idea sir, but your petition won't roll until you, we do our homework well.

No hard feelings. These are my thoughts based on what I know.

Nigeria is not the only country in the world where Paypal has restricted its citizens from recieving payment. The reasons for the restrictions are not too far-fetched. Its not because of hate, dislike or discrimination. A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to get first hand info. A short summary is as follows:

1) Banks in Nigeria engage in fraud - this is true, and not rocket science. This fraud is both on depositors and withdrawals. Everything from amounts less than 1-Naira to millions and billions are all fraud. Others include sharp practices which are not in the books - financially speaking.

Another example is that banks in Nigeria can open an account in your name without your approval / permission, without you knowing it and you wont even have access to the account. Account will be opened in your name, utilized in your name, transactions to and fro in your name and eventually closed in your name..... you would never know except you are an insider.

For accounts you open by yourself customer, the banking infrastructure and process flow is faulty. It is not fool-proof.

2) If you have never left the shores of Nigeria, you are another undocumented Nigerian. The Nigerian international passport (ECOWAS) is the most authentic documentation about the identity of Nigerians. Besides your international passport, there is no other document the Nigerian government can provide on your behalf. Even if you have the passport and you have not travelled abroad, you are still undocumented - this looks funny but very true.

The summary of this is: What happens to those without international passports and those who have it but are hoping to travel out someday. The documentation part is from the Nigerian government, not from wherever you are going to.

3) Banks in Nigeria do not know their customers. Just about 30% of bank customers have KYC documentations in banks. Where are the remaining 70%?

Of the 30% with KYC info, 90% of such info is wrong, incorrect or not updated.

4) Banks in Nigeria often resort to short-cut and fraudulent methods for ATM processing. They piggy-back to/with other international banks and use the identity of that country for processing international payments. What this means is that ATM cards issued in Nigeria do not identify the Nigerian holder of the ATM card as a Nigerian. I have a story behind this one. I took the case up the local bank. Guess what they said: they said the ATM card is faulty, that I should come and change it.

5) Paypal is supposed to mediate in times of disagreement between the source and destination of funds for every type of transaction on their platform. If the Nigerian government has no information about its own citizens, where will Paypal get the info from?

The above makes it easy for Nigerians and virtually anybody to perpetrate fraud as Nigerians / in the name of Nigeria.

Our so called stakeholders are aware of the above. The question is what have they done.

regards
HK

2 Likes

Re: Receive Payment Paypal Nigeria Petition by allandutch: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2018
Use CitizenGo instead, with them you can share the petition on Whatsapp, Facebook and Co.

Truth: Nigerian system is Under-developed and corrupt with everybody looking to rip everybody else off.

The "Hustlers" for example, they even earned themselves a shoutout on a Simpsons episode, to show how popular they've become outside the country.

PayPal is just protecting the customer's trust they work very hard for over the years. So, for me, i don't blame PayPal at all, i know when things change they will remove the restrictions.

(1) (Reply)

Online Business Ideas In Nigeria With Low Investment. / Effective Speaking Skills For Sales & Customer Service Professionals / PKO Needed In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.