Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) (50084 Views)

Barack Obama's Daughter, Sasha Smoking Marijuana In Public goes viral / Thailand Legalises Growing, Consumption Of Marijuana / Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by deebrain(m): 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
harmbhrosz:
as I guess you know the benefits of electricity and cars so are you familiar with their negative effects on human life, I guess if your type was among on those that were to approve the public usage of the mentioned inventions you'll have ban them mumu,

One CAVEMAN in a third world country feels he knows more than a whole legislative and citizens of a whole California that legalized what they feel is beneficial to them, dumb caveman like you.

Expecting that harsh reply from you caveman.

You cant easily abuse electricity or abuse cars except idiot cases like your admirers.

And in such cases, it is always clear case of stupidity on the part of the consumer cos it takes a lot to abuse the above.

You can easily abuse the use of a gun. It only takes a finger pull on the trigger. You can easily abuse alchohol. Just a bit of overdose. Get that to your dumb brain.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Ray360: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2018
Alki:

Hope you won't apply for American Visa? or if given the opportunity to go to America you would also reject?

To hell with your Godly and Holy Africa.
You can as well travel to California and start Marijuana business if Africa is too godly and holy for you to stay.

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
Crixina:
you got it wrong, I didn't comment to convince you or not, I put my opinion out there, and I stand by it, you can't tell me there are no negative effects to smoking marijuana, especially when it is abused.
i wellcome your opinion, i don't need your approval on my choice to smoking ganja, grin

Ofcourse! when Abused it can be harmful! just like Any other substances, including food.

The proportional use of Any substance isn't the problem
the problem is the ABUSE of it or them.

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by laudate: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
gypsey:
yes! i have, have you done your research? also from personal expreriences, i smoke marijuana and tobacco, do you? i think i am in the best position to tell you the effects of both. grin

again ask your doctor!

If somebody calls you an addict now, you will vex! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Crixina(f): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2018
gypsey:
i wellcome your opinion, i don't need your approval on my choice to smoking ganja, grin

Ofcourse! when Abused it can be harmful! just like Any other substances, including food.

The proportional use of Any substance isn't the problem
the problem is the ABUSE of it or them.
I rest my case!
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by rman: 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2018
The biggest purchaser of marijuana are the pharmaceutical companies. PFIZER alone buys marijuana running into millions of dollars every year.

We all consume it in one form or the other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by harmbhrosz(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2018
Crixina:
You have nothing to offer except your insults, when you do, come back.
hahahaha, just tell me that thing dust-filled cerebrum you call brain cannot absorb anything jare and spare me the sermon grin

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Ray360: 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2018
gabng:
Do you know Colorado, Washington & Florida already have legalised Marijuana before California?

Do you know that Canada is at the cusps of legalizing Marijuana in 2018

Do you know that Uruguay & a couple of Latin America nations have legalized Marijuana?

Do you know marijuana is mentioned in the bible (as hemp)

Stop trying to act saintly. A little education will cure you of your lack of knowledge about Marijuana.

You went to dig baseless facts that are not germane to my post in an attempt to sound well informed and current. Does it make it right by any standard? The fact that other states and countries have taken to it doesn't make it right? Smoking in general sense is globally condemned as it wields grave health consequences. Marijuana might have other uses, but we both know to a fault of the lethal harm it poses.

World power countries can legalise it for all I care, it doesn't make it right.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by calobinna(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
Oooh Lawd!!!!
This is beautiful!!!

Shoutout to all the Potheads!!!

2 Likes

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by laudate: 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2018
gypsey:
No! you are wrong! totally! have you met any pregnant woman who smoked ganja through her pregnancy and confirmed that their unborn child is addicted? tell me how you came to that Ridiculous conclusions grin

you have never taken marijuana yet you are lecturing me! who began smoking it at 14 years old grin

look! go and do some research on marijuana, then come back, atleast get some facts to back up some of your ignorant Ridiculous claims .

Guy, take it easy! Why you dey vex? shocked Marijuana affects people in different ways. Some can smoke it, without getting high, while others take one sniff and they are stoned. It depends on how each individual is wired. It is like beer consumption. Some folks get tipsy from one glass of beer, while others can take 12 bottles, without batting an eyelid or getting drunk. They may then end up getting drunk on the 13th bottle. The fact that marijuana does not get you addicted to it, does not mean it would not do the same in another person who inhales it.

Here is a study on the effect of marijuana on pregnancy.

....Animal studies indicate that the risk for miscarriage increases, if marijuana is used early in pregnancy. Some associations have been found between marijuana use during pregnancy, and future developmental and hyperactivity disorders in children. Evidence is mixed as to whether marijuana use by pregnant women, is associated with low birth rate or premature birth, although long-term use may elevate these risks.

Research has shown that pregnant women who use marijuana have a 2.3 times greater risk of stillbirth. Given the potential of marijuana to negatively impact the developing brain, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that obstetrician-gynecologists counsel women against using marijuana while trying to get pregnant, during pregnancy, and while they are breastfeeding.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/can-marijuana-use-during-pregnancy-harm-baby

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2018
Crixina:
Exactly, that you were able to handle it doesn't mean that goes for everyone out there, they are people who probably started at age 14 too, but down the line, abuse was inevitable, not legalizing it is a way to curb the abuse at least to an extent.
Okay, tell me it has no negative effect whatsoever on human health.
you are correct! it has different effects and i Agree abuse is the problem, my doctor smokes it too, legalisation is to create a safe and legitimate environment were users can get Access to it without been criminalised. a lot of teenagers and adults who has never commited any crime ends up in custody with criminal records just for smoking a bit of marijuana.
No effects not that i ve experienced, legalising it means teens can cut out street corner dealers and will not run the risks of getting hooked on harder illegal substances by drug dealers.

I know people who are prescribed marijuana laced tablets by their doctors, it helps with their chronic pains, severe back pains and Arthritic pains.
look! it doesn't matter legalising or not it will not Deter anyone from Accessing and using as much quantity as they want. though it is still illegal were i am, it hasn't stopped me or other smokers from Accesssing it teenagers included.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2018
laudate:

Guy, take it easy! Why you dey vex? shocked Marijuana affects people in different ways. Some can smoke it, without getting high, while others take one sniff and they are stoned. It depends on how each individual is wired. It is like beer consumption. Some folks get tipsy from one glass of beer, while others can take 12 bottles, without batting an eyelid or getting drunk. They may then end up getting drunk on the 13th bottle. The fact that marijuana does not get you addicted to it, does not mean it would not do the same in another person who inhales it.

Here is a study on the effect of marijuana on pregnancy.

I am not disputing your claims, everything you have said is taken into consideration, and it is as a result of Abuse, there are alot of women smoked marijuana and still had healthy babies, there are also women who has never smoked but had unheathy babies, just like cancer, some people smoked for 50 years and never had cancer, some people didn't smoke but has cancer.

the problem is the ABUSE of Marijuana not the moderate and occasional use of it.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2018
Crixina:
I rest my case!
well... we agree to disagree!
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by harmbhrosz(m): 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2018
deebrain:

You cant easily abuse electricity or abuse cars except idiot cases like your admirers.

And in such cases, it is always clear case of stupidity on the part of the consumer cos it takes a lot to abuse the above.

You can easily abuse the use of a gun. It only takes a finger pull on the trigger. You can easily abuse alchohol. Just a bit of overdose. Get that to your dumb brain.
hahahaha I knew that you couldn't fathom the logic in my post that says anything can be abused(even an approved and legalized Codeine) and from your caveman logic, since it's easy to abuse alcohol, then alcohol should have been ban. Hope You're seeing how stuppid you sound.

Lemme help you out here (althrough you could have helped yourself only if you did a little research before coming here to disgrace yourself) the cannabis has been processed and graded (meaning they're not as raw as the ones your mentally deranged uncles are taking) see the picture I uploaded in case your blind and biased eyes failed to see. Meaning they're not cavemen like you, they can handle and regulated their laws

Lastly, take a look at the people that queued and tell me they need a lecture from you on how dangerous cannabis can be, take a look again and see if they're not responsible and healthy looking than your whole household.

2 Likes

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 03, 2018
laudate:

If somebody calls you an addict now, you will vex! cheesy
call me what ever you want, it doesn't bother me! Atleast i am not a hyporcrite! i need no one's approval on what a grown ass Adult like me does. grin

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by bejeria101(m): 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2018
California love!
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2018
Explorers:
Hundreds of excited customers waited in huge lines inCaliforniaas the Golden State turned a shade greener with its first sales of recreational marijuana on New Year's Day.

California launched the world's largest regulated commercial market for recreational marijuana on Monday, as dozens of newly licensed stores opened for business up and down the state.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5227873/California-rolls-recreational-pot-sales-2018.html

There's no Marijuana in America oo. They just smoke the equivalent of Benson n hedges. Make them try come smoke Nigerian weed, Psychia go full everywhere.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Basiljoe: 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2018
Ignorant people everywhere on Nairaland. Like marijuana is not legal in Amsterdam, in fact that is the capital of weed and sex in the world yet they can close down 8 prison yards because of lack of prisoners.
Our dear beloved country where we still condemn this thing is riddled with over crowded prison yards, poor economy and terrible government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by johnkey: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
Geofavor:

People like you are always quick to castigate the country. What have you done to make her better?

Nigeria is a mess. It's not news. The point is that we ( especially people like you) all look up to the US as the perfect nation, forgetting they also have their down side.

Nigeria may be sh!tty to you, but on some bases we are better than them. Unlike them, we have moral respect.

At bolded, do they write it on the face?

For mental stamina? ... Seriously? Then, they should legalize d0pe in general! And for people of all ages.
dude shut the f+CK up and stop trying to be intelligent you're spewing trash.

2 Likes

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by deebrain(m): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2018
harmbhrosz:
Lemme help you out here (althrough you could have helped yourself only if you did ..)the cannabis has been processed and graded (meaning they're not as raw as the ones your mentally deranged uncles are taking) see the picture I uploaded in case your blind and biased eyes failed to see. Meaning they're not cavemen like you, they can handle and regulated their laws

Lastly, take a look at the people that queued and tell me they need a lecture from you on how dangerous cannabis can be, take a look again and see if they're not responsible and healthy looking than your whole household.

Cannabis is first and foremost an intoxicant. Then it has the mini side of curing medical issues like stds, losing weight, muscle issues etc. When you (or they) say procressed and graded-THEY ARE PROCESSED AND GRADED AS AN INTOXICANT (from yr pics).

And true. They dont need me teaching them their laws. Thats why we will tune CNN and see how they handle their laws dying daily.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by johnkey: 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2018
Nice move. It's legalized here too. You just walk to the store and grab an OG. best feeling!
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by deebrain(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
Basiljoe:

Typical Nigerian Ignoramus. That's how you all go about spreading ignorance and waiting on an imaginary creature to save you from your fellow criminal/con-men known as pastors and politicians. Emancipate yourself.

http://www.businessinsider.com/health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana-2014-4?IR=T

What brought this nonsense?

Are you crazy?
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by johnkey: 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
deebrain:

Cannabis is first and foremost an intoxicant. Then it has the mini side of curing medical issues like stds, losing weight, muscle issues etc. When you (or they) say procressed and graded-THEY ARE PROCESSED AND GRADED AS AN INTOXICANT (from yr pics).

And true. They dont need me teaching them their laws. Thats why we will tune CNN and see how they handle their laws dying daily.
mehn this kinda people still exists? whatever happens to 'live and let live'. If you ain't 420 friendly just stfu and drink water.

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2018
Ray360:

You can as well travel to California and start Marijuana business if Africa is too godly and holy for you to stay.

tell your god to come and fix Africa for you
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by deebrain(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2018
johnkey:
mehn this kinda people still exists? whatever happens to 'live and let live'. If you ain't 420 friendly just stfu and drink water.

Go f*** yourself.

And yeah. I do drink lots of water. Thats why im powerlifting for sports.

Idiot.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by johnkey: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2018
deebrain:

Go f*** yourself.

And yeah. I do drink lots of water. Thats why im powerlifting for sports.

Idiot.
you're just an old fool bra. Religious bigots. spits on your grave

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by johnkey: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2018
it's 2017 some still in 1950. Psychopaths.

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by deebrain(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
johnkey:
you're just an old fool bra. Religious bigots. spits on your grave

What grave? You wont even see it. You guys are known to die on time. Usually when you take overdose or when it motivates you to f*** your parents.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by johnkey: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2018
deebrain:

What grave? You wont even see it. You guys are known to die on time. Usually when you take overdose or when it motivates you to f*** your parents.
Oh gawd do people still reason this way? f*CK my parents cause I take Cannabis? I'll stop here cause obviously your brain is slow and can't keep up with me. No arguing with a Dumbass. Damn it's a shame people with this reasoning still walk the surface of the earth y'all should have gone with time lol. Peace out.

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2018
akashi01:

They don't hate the "ways of God".

They simply don't force religion on their citizens and that's why they prosper.

The mental cage that is still holding Nigerians back.

No,i think we need religion in Nigeria,because is the shackle that hold some wicked beings down,if not, Black race will be something else compare to the whites that still have pure and sane minds. #myobservation
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by deebrain(m): 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
johnkey:
Oh gawd do people still reason this way? f*CK my parents cause I take Cannabis? I'll stop here cause obviously your brain is slow and can't keep up with me. No arguing with a Dumbass. Damn it's a shame people with this reasoning still walk the surface of the earth y'all should have gone with time lol. Peace out.

Yeah thats the right thing. Next time, think well before quoting. Cos your so called fast brain brought banger to a gun fight. Beat it boy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Israel-gaza Violence: Israeli Ground Troops Attack Gaza Strip / South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man / The Dazzling Crown Resting On Top Of The Queen’s Coffin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.