Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP (12842 Views)

Umahi Pledges N5m Support To Sonni Ogbuoji, APC Governorship Candidate In Ebonyi / Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Dumps PDP For APC / PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by odiks: 3:57am On Jan 03, 2018
One of the three People’s Democratic Party (PDP) senators from Ebonyi State, Chief Sonni Ogbuoji, has dumped the party for the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ogbuoji, who represents Ebonyi South senatorial district, showed up at the APC South East Caucus meeting, which held at the Uburu, Ohaozara country home of the Science and Technology Minister, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, last weekend in the state.

The second term senator said the PDP is currently riddled with crisis, far beyond what many can see and added that the level of governance offered by PDP governors is detrimental to the party and Ndigbo.

Ogbuoji urged people to disabuse their minds from the wrong perception that PDP is an Igbo party, when he stated that the APC is the best option for the South East, especially as the zone eyes the presidency in 2023.

“I am one of those who believe that the issue of Igbo marginalisation cannot be corrected by shouting in the media. Igbo have a responsibility to determine what should happen about marginalisation. It’s not to wait for other people who are interested in the same thing to give it to us, it’s not going to work.

“I believe that by joining forces; sharing ideas with those who are already in APC, we have a better chance of improving on what we have.

“The level of governance that we are receiving from PDP governors is not going to help the case of the PDP and Igbo. So, there is no need offending ourselves that PDP is an Igbo party; it’s far from it. As we speak today, APGA may lay claim to being an Igbo party, but certainly, PDP cannot lay claim to be an Igbo party.

“That’s why there is the need to rethink about what happens to Igbo from 2019,” the senator said.

The senator and Governor David Umahi, have reportedly been embroiled in a cold war for a long time, culminating in an attempt by the state government to stop a civic reception organised for the senator during the Yuletide, by his home town of Ebunwana, in Afikpo South Local Government Area of the state.

http://sunnewsonline.com/ebonyi-senator-dumps-pdp-for-apc/

1 Like

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by nonsobaba: 4:11am On Jan 03, 2018
PDP will be in a very bad shape by the time the 2019 general elections are over. They will lose several of the states they currently hold e.g Abia, Gombe etc. Not to mention that APGA will present an Igbo presidential canditate in 2019 that will effectively cripple PDP in the south east during the election.

19 Likes

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by odiereke(m): 4:22am On Jan 03, 2018
Cross carpeting is a normal thing in politics. Its their way of survival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by Atiku2019: 4:25am On Jan 03, 2018
smiley
Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by fergie001: 4:26am On Jan 03, 2018
No be 9ja?

From June this year now,
Bonanza of defections will start.....

1 Like

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by Built2last: 4:27am On Jan 03, 2018
They have promised him Senate president position in 2019 but he will be scammed.

Bookmark this

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by kahal29: 5:24am On Jan 03, 2018
Really?
Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by ipobarecriminals: 5:55am On Jan 03, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by eunisam: 6:02am On Jan 03, 2018
He is O. Y. O who Ogbuoji EPP?

3 Likes

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by Nogodye(m): 6:07am On Jan 03, 2018
When i said PDP is a dead party, they won't believe...now i repeat, PDP is dead.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:10am On Jan 03, 2018
nonsobaba:
PDP will be in a very bad shape by the time the 2019 general elections are over. They will lose several of the states they currently hold e.g Abia, Gombe etc. Not to mention that APGA will present an Igbo presidential canditate in 2019 that will effectively cripple PDP in the south east during the election.
So the APC will win Abia abi ? Continue dreaming. 2019 will be North vs North.Do not assume the APC will win the entire north

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:11am On Jan 03, 2018
Nogodye:
When i said PDP is a dead party, they won't believe...now i repeat, PDP is dead.
Lol dead became one inconsequential senator I have never heard his name before quit?

7 Likes

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by omowolewa: 6:11am On Jan 03, 2018
After voting in Secondus, and putting in efforts to revive PDP?
What an inconsistency.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by ettybaba(m): 6:15am On Jan 03, 2018
Food is ready politician.

1 Like

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by Nogodye(m): 6:17am On Jan 03, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Lol dead became one inconsequential senator I have never heard his name before quit?

You're not current with the national affairs

8 Likes

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by kahal29: 7:19am On Jan 03, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Chai... You are so pained

5 Likes

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:23am On Jan 03, 2018
Only the The Nnamdi Cownu's Brainwashed IPOB pigs hope that a Dead and Sectional Party like PDP stands a Chance in 2019...

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:24am On Jan 03, 2018
Let's hope lalasticlala does the needful

2 Likes

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by odiks: 7:24am On Jan 03, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Deep inside you are pained

8 Likes

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by odiks: 7:25am On Jan 03, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Only the The Nnamdi Cownu's Brainwashed IPOB pigs hope that a Dead and Sectional Party like PDP stands a Chance in 2019...

No mind them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by NaoSlay: 8:16am On Jan 03, 2018
Pardon!!

Please He's an afonja , with all the mouth ipob has on social media and the hate of Apc and MUHAMMADU buhari on nairaland, I don't think Apc exists in Ibo land.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 03, 2018
Wow he represents my senatorial district, it's a pity the governor doesn't want him back. He has represented us for 8 years, that's enough time to have achieved his goals. Fare thee well senator

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:19am On Jan 03, 2018
It is allowed. All the best to him.
Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by spafu(m): 8:19am On Jan 03, 2018
Wow, simply wow. I could never have imagined that among the Igbo stock you will still find one in 2018 who is willing to join other zombies in licking the three useless balls in between the legs of the most incompetent president the world had ever known, President Buhari. Damn! He should have asked his Afonja friends how they were faring with the three balls licking task, and many would have been quick to tell him, "the thing is bitter and smelling and e dey make sense commot for our head".

1 Like

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by free2ryhme: 8:19am On Jan 03, 2018
odiks:

http://sunnewsonline.com/ebonyi-senator-dumps-pdp-for-apc/

The broom has joined the umbrella ella ella aaaaaaa
Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by zombieTRACKER: 8:19am On Jan 03, 2018
The fool wants to run again next year
That's why he jumped over to apc
Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by BruncleZuma: 8:20am On Jan 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin

The bid to last forever is real now

grin grin grin grin
Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by zombieTRACKER: 8:21am On Jan 03, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

How is your walking stick... Old man
Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by justdivine: 8:21am On Jan 03, 2018
He is not a PDP member? He has never been recognized or what so ever.

1 Like

Re: Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP by jaiykem: 8:21am On Jan 03, 2018
That one that his mind left PDP since. How many bill has he passed to alleviate the suffering of Igbo's?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Denies Adamu’s Open Letter To Tinubu / Tinubu Assured Me Of Protection Of Itsekiri Interests – Chief Ayiri Emami / We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.