Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) (45696 Views)

Is It Proper For A Church To Ask A Member The Source Of His Tithe? / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by bejeria101(m): 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2018
May daddy fridge not lead you to hell? You are paying tithe to a road? Its too early in the year to behave like this.
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2018
Shedrack777:
but why will people have to seek attention while doing these?

that is one way of looking at it,but a good reason why people post such stuff on social media is to motivate others
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by mybestlove(m): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2018
Baawaa:
This is not tithe but sacrifice his herbalist asked him to perform grin grin grin grin grin
so the devil will ask you to do good.
Sense fall on you in this 2018

1 Like

Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2018
greatnaija01:
God also hates a show off.... is it not the same bible that said when we give our left hand should not know about it? THEN WHY IS IT ON MEDIA.... even if his pics was taken why is there a story... because he wants his credibility against tithe-collecting pastors to be KNOWN..... he is TRULY cheerfoool... hmm

The same bible said u should do good so men would see and praise ur father in heaven

1 Like

Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by aleniboro(m): 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2018
This is a good gesture. God will bless you abundantly. Not everyone can do this: bringing yourself down to the level of getting closer to the needy and poor people. They prefer to be exchanging gift among people if the same status with them.
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by surestgab: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2018
Read Book of Mathew chapter 6 for principle of acceptable giving of arms.
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
Unfortunately what you did bro it is seed and not tithe. What you did isn't different from what Jesus said in Matthew 6:3. That is the motive behind it. It is better you gift than you come to the media to display it
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by zealblinks(m): 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2018
cummando:
You Share ordinary one bagco bag full of junk come dey make noise.

You only shared for self not for humanity.

Modified.
Nairaland indeed is filled with kids. The guy gave and went to social media. Everybody praised. Others prayed. Some abused. I patiently waited to see all the comments but one mention made me want to cast this guy.

That stuff he is doing is called osole. Osole is a ritual that is done by so called g-boys who dont want to do the killing or the pussy wipe with hanky. They dress like one prominent person. Then they go out and share food to the needy. Thereafter they return with the plates or anything from the given to the jazzman. That one now sacrifices a pig and makes a concoction with what he brought. The concoction is dried and turned into soap . that's what he uses to bathe until he hammers. (If he hammers...gullible mofos)

That FAM is what he did. Everything that glitters is not gold.

Op accuse the guy with this fact and see his reaction.

Dont ask me how I know....its my job grin

someone told you these? or you are just insinuating?
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by zoedew: 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
Shedrack777:
Ignorance facilitates mockery!
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by noblefrank31(m): 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2018
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by alwaysvik: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2018
The Bible teaches that when the right hand does good, the left should not know. It also teaches that when one does good just to show off for the praise of men, that man should expect no further reward because he has already received his reward. (Matthew 6:1; Matthew 6:3).

However, a part of me supports this kind of display for a greater reason. In the Nigerian context, our religious leaders, especially within christianity have cornered the laws of giving to benefit themselves and their empires disguising as churches. I do not intend to undermine the Bible'a authority, but at the same time, I understand that if the aim is to teach others how to go about giving then why not.

Nigerian Pastors have fed too fat, for too long on Nigerians' collective ignorance and unwillingness to read the Bible for themselves and independently understand what it teaches. A pastor comes up and introduces a new project to the church - it is accepted wholesale without some voice of reason to question why such projects are needed or even why it should be so in the first place. Case in point: Oyedepo sold the idea of the University to church members. People pitched in, (Kingdom Investors), promissory notes were handed out, people pledged, others - including my brothers, sisters and some of my friends contributed manual labour to build the university campus. A majority of those that contributed to that scheme cannot even afford to go the university grounds for a picnic. The same can be said of so many other church ventures where the whole group contributes and one man (or a few men and their families) claim ownership.

Organized religion in the name of Pentecostalism has been abused. The majority are scams.

1 Like

Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by greatnaija01: 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2018
MY PASTOR HAS NEVER BEEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA O, YET HAS OVER 70,000 MEMBERS. ask if deeper life does paparazzi or show off our alm and services to the poor. WE DONT O

charliboy654:

Am sure if it was ur pastor now, we will hear words like judge not.
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Seahawk: 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2018
That’s how to do it
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by greatnaija01: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
GOOD is not the same with LIGHT.

LET YOUR LIGHT so shine before MEN.... NOT LET YOUR GOODS BE DONE BEFORE MEN.

WE MUST NOT QUOTE OUT OF CONTEXT ELSE WE WOULD SEE THE BIBLE AS CONFUSING.

Matthew 6:3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand .....darkchild64 I hope you can READ that this is clearly the verse for the guy giving to the NEEDY.... so stop misquoting in darkness...

darkchild64:

The same bible said u should do good so men would see and praise ur father in heaven
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Henryfocoyo(m): 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2018
cummando:

Modified.
Nairaland indeed is filled with kids. The guy gave and went to social media. Everybody praised. Others prayed. Some abused. I patiently waited to see all the comments but one mention made me want to cast this guy.

That stuff he is doing is called osole. Osole is a ritual that is done by so called g-boys who dont want to do the killing or the pussy wipe with hanky. They dress like one prominent person. Then they go out and share food to the needy. Thereafter they return with the plates or anything from the given to the jazzman. That one now sacrifices a pig and makes a concoction with what he brought. The concoction is dried and turned into soap . that's what he uses to bathe until he hammers. (If he hammers...gullible mofos)

u have a good reasoning of human , u jux said wot z in my mind. by de way how will dat his tithe add anytin 2 pastor life
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by sirxbit(m): 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2018
cummando:

Modified.

D babalawo still told him that e should show d world abi?
Who go do ritual dey upload am?
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by citadels(f): 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2018
propanet:
Keep deceiving yourself by distributing viju milk and sugary snacks thereby raising Nigerian's diabetic index.
Bad mouth ooo
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by adekhingz(m): 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2018
You're sharing Christmas/ new year food not tithes........ Give them money next time and share the food with f & f at home. Nice gesture though..... I hope you've not packaged left-overs in that disposables!

May you be fruitful!!!

Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by john1035: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2018
Iseoluwani:

Who are d Levites

And who is a pastor

Illiteracy is a disease
Levites are a tribe of Israel. Very different from pastors

1 Like

Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by pennywys(m): 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2018
Capricorns are so unique,
God bless him
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by festus2905(m): 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
Ojuaye Somebody we don see you... next page abeg
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Honestagbons(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2018
Correct ma,u no book,oil dey ur head
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Coolgent(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2018
Allahu Akbar!
May God bless your hustle!
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by YaxxVille(m): 10:04pm On Jan 03, 2018
Whatever u call it, he shared d little he has to the less priviledged n physically challenged, its highly commendable
cummando:

Modified.

Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by legendine(m): 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2018
so anywhere he goes, photographer goes with him... Nigerians be wise
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Shedrack777: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2018
Rainmania:
My brother forget that one... Those people he his helping don't care, they just want to eat period. You just do yours and keep it private. As long as you are helping someone that's what counts. Happy New Year.
same to you and i wish you the best
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Shedrack777: 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
mema900:

He is trying to correct an ill in our society. He is trying to tell u that your pastor do not need the tithe u pay. He is teaching you not to give to someone far better than your entire village just in the name of pastor. He is teaching you to give to the people that really need it
but you don't call that tithe, rather freewill giving. tithe can only be paid in the house of God. there are many small churches who deserves those tithe not all these big churches. i'll tell you how tithe is used in the church by tomorrow
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Lukonline(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2018
Nice. Sometimes you need to capture or do it publicly to encourage others to do same. This is giving to the poor, different from giving to assist someone in a business or something, that you can do with your right hand without your left knowing about it.
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by GoldNiagara(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2018
Yungkid101:
Facebook user, Cypher Nnamani, has taken to the streets of Benin city to pay his tithe.
He shared photos of himself giving to some poor and disabled people in his environment in Benin city, Edo state yesterday January 2nd which happened to be his birthday.

https://www.tribesng.com/entertainment/believe-pastor-nigerian-man-says-pays-tithe-streets-benin-city-photos/[/b]

Cypher Nnamani:

https://www.facebook.com/nnamani.jnrcypher/posts/1990954771117503?pnref=story

Charity is different from tithing.You will be rewarded for the charity but you have not tithed. Bible has adviced us how to do our charity by not allowing your right hand to know what your left is doing.Conclusion you are doing PR.
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Shedrack777: 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2018
linearity:

The most important thing is, he gave and someone was made happy and went to bed with a full stomach and gave God the praise.

If only you can step away from your computer and do the same, more people will be thankful tonight. We wouldn’t mind if you send us pictures, but it is optional.
the bible said "when giving a freewill donation/offering with your right hand, do not let the left know what is happening cos if you let it know intentionally, you have received your reward right there" no blessing at all
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Benuromi: 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2018
They are not seeking attention. Is to encourage others to do the same.
Shedrack777:
Re: Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) by Shedrack777: 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
Benuromi:
They are not seeking attention. Is to encourage others to do the same.
you see that thing he did? get his name, write it down somewhere, he'll be back next year looking for a political seat, then, you'll actually believe me he seeked for attention now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others / Ifeanyi Ogbonna - World Youngest Bishop / Salvation Ministries Collapse: 10 Persons Dead, 8 Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.