Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria (526 Views)

High Income Skills: 15 Websites To Use To Make Money As A Proof-reader Online / How To Make Money As An Opay Agent / Ways To Make Money As An Unemployed Graduate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria by Kimcutie: 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2018
As a student who just wrote his/her exams to enter the tertiary institutions, you wouldn’t want to depend on your parents for your basic needs during your stay at the University, that’s why I have come up with an article (being a student myself) on how to make money while schooling, through my vast experience in an online world I have one or two things you might want to grab up.

Here are the few things to learn or if you choose to learn one it’s your choice, not mine.

#1 Learn A Skill

This is one of the most widely used sentence whenever one gets out of secondary school, even our parents doesn’t fail in bringing such word to the table, is not a surprise that am using it in this article.
There are so many skills out there to learn such as computer training, pipeline weilding, oil drilling or even carpentry works whatever is your choice you’re good to go.

Despite the aforementioned skills above you can still learn the “online way” which seems to be the easiest at the start and gradually becomes hard at the middle.

Online ways to earn money!!

Like I said, online methods can be easy at the start but hard at the middle, you wouldn’t want to be caught off guard, would you?
There’s so many ways to get cash online all you need do is you to stay focused and determined to make it and boom you will get there in no distant time.

#2 Domain flipping

Some of us might have heard the word somewhere or might have read on the internet. Domain flipping is all about buying domains and reselling to another customer.
It works like this; I buy a domain e.g abc.com at 15$ and resold for $1k+ to another buyer, that’s what is called domain flipping or domain reselling.

Don’t think it works like magic, it doesn’t, before you go into this business you need to have a domain in mind that you wish to buy and resell it, you can’t just buy any domain name and hope for someone to buy it from you, you have to buy something Brandy, something that can represent a brand or a company, for instance insurance.com was sold for $35m and you know the previous owner has become a millionaire, that easy? Even facebook.com was resold to Mark Zuckerberg at the price of $1k+(estimated) that being said, domain flipping is a good business, you can search on Google to learn more.

#3 Freelancing

If you are good in English language and you can review a product or write about something then this is for you.
Freelancing is all about writing and getting paid for it, wow simple?
Don’t think so yet until you have made a name for yourself in this category. Freelancing is not easy and it can never be easy to make a name here, there are so many companies, brands, organizations looking for people to write a piece of article for them, some can short, while some can be lengthy, I know a friend that charges 2k worth of words at N5k, for me that’s too cheap because energy and time was put in when writing the piece.

And to be successful in this aspect you need to get deals from foriegners because their payment is reasonable.
Search on Google to learn more.

#4 Blogging

I can’t write about online ways to make money without including Blogging, but this is oversaturated in Nigeria but the good news is that, almost 80% percent of blogs in Nigeria focuses on Entertainment, News, Lifestyle and the likes whereas there are niches like health, finance, cars and other stuffs you can turn into a niche for your self.
As a student aiming to be a part-time blogger, entertainment niche isn’t for you, because you will fail if you put your hand there, the best way to earn money through Blogging is to offer a service to someone or profer a solution and get paid for it.

You can’t make money copying other people’s post just like what 60% percent of bloggers in entertainment niche does, to be frank with you, I was once in the entertainment niche and I saw the only way to get traffic is to publish fake news or click bait or even give freebies as Nigerians love free things, if you want to go into Blogging, don’t follow your passion, follow what will benefit your readers and in turn get you some dollars.

#5 Story Writing

Some of us are good in writing fictional stories and it’s a good thing that there’s a site where you can sell your stories(okadabooks.com). I wrote a fictional story titled “Mysterious Lady” and I have sold about 28 online copies and each price is N200, which it’s not costly considering the knowlegde you will get from the story.

Story writing is a great way to make money online.

#6 Vlogging

Vlogging is another method of Blogging but in this sense, it’s called video blogging, such as what YouTubers are currently doing and one of the popular methods to earn money on that paltform(YouTube.com) is through Google Adsense, if you are a good Cartoon aminator, you stand a high chance to earn dollars in a short then someone solving a problem or you can enter into the business of uploading highlights of high-hand matches on your YouTube account.

Conclusion
To be able to succeed you need to break boundaries – Ifeanyi Micheal.
To learn more on the above ways to make money online, you can refer to Google for help or drop a comment here, thanks.

Source:- http://www.frontpage.com.ng/2018/01/03/ways-make-money-student-nigeria/

Other articles you might be interested in>>

How To Locate A Sugar Mummy - http://www.frontpage.com.ng/2017/12/26/acquire-sugar-mummy-nigeria/

How to pay per day on Startimes Via Quickteller - http://www.frontpage.com.ng/2017/12/26/payperday-startimes-via-quickteller-com-pictures/

Lalasticlala
Re: Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria by UdoEya(m): 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2018
some will not take this.
They rely on things like gambling, yahoo yahoo etc...
Re: Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria by Kimcutie: 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2018
UdoEya:
some will not take this.
They rely on things like gambling, yahoo yahoo etc...
Yeah, you're right, thanks for commenting.

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment At Rubber Estates Nigeria Limited (6 Positions) / Multinational FMCG / Apply For Advocacy Project In Child And Family Health Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.