Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Jesus Is Seeking Lost Souls - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Seeking Lost Souls (655 Views)

25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. / A Caring Song For A Burdened Jesus :burdened Many Dont Care For The Lost Souls / Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is Seeking Lost Souls by FaithfulServant(m): 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2018
“For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost” (Luke 19:10).

There is no depth of sin that cannot be forgiven. This is contrary to the belief of some who think that their sinfulness is so deep that they cannot obtain salvation anymore. No! My dear friends, Jesus is still ever willing and just to forgive and pardon your sins, cleansing you from all unrighteousness in the process (1 John 1:9). All you have to do is to be willing also to turn away from all unrighteousness.

Jesus Christ was a friend to sinners in His earthly days because He did not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance (Luke 5:32). Even today, Jesus Christ through His post-earthly ministry by the Holy Spirit (John 15:26) is seeking for the lost that have gone astray from the ways of the Lord. Are you actively living in sin or struggling with sin? Know within you that Jesus still love you and is ready to set you free from that yoke of sin and bondage. Just call on the name of Jesus because there is power in the name of Jesus to break every yoke of sin (Romans 10:13).

One of the ways to obtain salvation from God is by admitting your sinfulness and not putting on a false righteous garment and act as if nothing is happening. Admitting one’s own sin is exemplified by the publican in the book of Luke, “And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner (Luke 18:13). The publican admitted his sinfulness and went home justified ahead of the Pharisee who was self righteous forgetting the fact that all our self righteousness are as filthy rags in the sight of God (Isaiah 64:6) and we are saved by grace and not by our works and we should not boast of it but give thanks (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Another instance is Zacchaeus who also was a publican and sinner but willing to make amends of all his wrong doings (Luke 19:8 ) and was granted salvation by the Lord (Luke 19:9).

You who have been saved, you too can also seek for the lost by preaching the gospel of Christ to them just as Jesus Christ admonished us all to go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature and whoever believe shall be saved and whoever believe not, shall be dammed (Mark 16:15-16). Be among those who believe the gospel of Christ today and be saved.

Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus, I come before you today to turn away from my unrighteousness. Wash away all my transgressions and make me pure within and without (Proverbs 30:12). Help me to live a life that is pleasing to you and give me the grace not to draw back into sin (Hebrews 10:38,39). As you save me, save my entire family also, I pray this day, Amen.

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2018/01/jesus-is-seeking-lost-souls.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Isn't Worth 150 Million USD As Forbes Claims / What Happened To Me Today In Class. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/01/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.