Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue (577 Views)

Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / Daddy Freeze On Pastor Adeboye's Necklace: "This Is Pressing Of Virgin Breast" / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2018
First of all,I would like to state that I am a non-christian,nonetheless I do not discriminate or disregard anyone because of religion but I try to show everyone love so you can be rest assured that I would try to be as objective as possible on this and avoid every form of bias.

As a non Christian I understand the point freeze is trying to make,but I do not approve of his approach to the matter considering the fact that everyone has the right to use his/her money the way s/he deems fit.
Now If he is saying that Christians shouldn't tithe at all because SOME churches misuse the money then that will be equivalent to saying that we shouldn't pay our taxes because often times,politicians loot the public funds. The solution to that should simply be that the congregation having the understanding that the pastor could misuse the money,should hold him accountable and put schemes in place to make sure that the money is well used.

If he is saying that paying tithe is not biblical,then that sounds like a good reason but even yet is still not good enough. From my understanding of the passages of the bible which addressed tithing,it is meant to be one tenth of one's farm produce and livestock,and was given to the priests who sacrificed a certain portion to "God" while they kept the rest for themselves.Now this is not quite the same with what is practiced today,where christians are required to bring money and not agricultural produce.But then it is not too far away from what the bible said in fact at the end of the day it is still the same purpose that the two serve and that is to give to "God". However the issue I have with christians is this,why do they choose which laws of the old testament to obey,while they dismiss the rest as being old fashioned or mosaic ?,for instance they regard tithing as a commandment they should observe but dismiss the feast of passover which was instituted in the same old testament as old fashioned and unnecessary,but that is a topic on its own.

What I think people should realize is that the church is an organization,and every organization needs money,so even if tithing is not biblical like freeze said it is still a good source of income to the church,so if he is discouraging people from paying tithes he is ceasing the income the church should get,however this should not be the time for certain christians to start taking the sides of their pastors and denominations but rather is the time to have a reform and create a transparent system to prevent pastors from looting the money,because everyone knows that there are so many pastors who misuse the tithes,but what I can not say is if the ones daddy freeze mentioned are guilty of that.
Like I said earlier my reason for creating this thread is to air my opinion towards this issue entertaining urs as well,the whole purpose of this is to make our society better,and even though am not a Christian I think that every form of giving should be encouraged,if the tithe money is well used,churches can build hospitals,orphanages and equally help the poor,but if it is abused like freeze and a lot of us are observing to be the case u will continue to see pastors live extravagant lifestyles while the people who are in need of the money suffer,.Pastors who coerce or threaten people to pay should equally be discouraged after all at the end of the day a lot of christians don't pay their tithe regularly and even those who claim to pay seldom give up to one tenth of their income,so for those who pay it is not enough to just say "I gave God the money it doesn't matter to me if the pastor uses it rightly or not" its ur money and u should be sure that it is used for the right purpose,otherwise its best to give it directly to those in need.

1 Like

Re: Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue by greatnaija01: 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2018
if you are not a CHRISTIAN or a follower of JESUS, then WHO PUT YOUR MOUTH INTO THE MATTER..... pls leave it for those who have facts and scriptures
Re: Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue by suykin(m): 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2018
Tithing to me shouldn't be for debate or argument. Its one personal conviction and people should be left to decide what they want. I pay my TITHE and have even increased it after i heard of this all stuff of freeze. THAT'S MY OWN PERSONAL CONVICTION...
Re: Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2018
greatnaija01:
if you are not a CHRISTIAN or a follower of JESUS, then WHO PUT YOUR MOUTH INTO THE MATTER..... pls leave it for those who have facts and scriptures

well that's ur opinion but am sure that u talk about the Islamic terrorist attacks even though u re not a Muslim,meanwhile I was raised a Christian and even till today still go to church,albeit at my parent's command so I might just know enough of the bible to talk about it.
So just admit it,u are one of this christians who regard non christians as lesser humans
Re: Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue by youngking22(m): 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2018
come make ona no start these year with these debate if you won give you give, if you no get No kill yourself, Daddy freeze these daddy freeze nonsense
Re: Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2018
youngking22:
come make ona no start these year with these debate if you won give you give, if you no get No kill yourself, Daddy freeze these daddy freeze nonsense
It is not a debate except if u make it one,am just airing my opinion
Re: Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue by krushdripper(m): 5:37am On Feb 12, 2018
greatnaija01:
One stupid Nigerian spotted.
Re: Why I Disagree With Daddy Freeze On The Tithing Issue by krushdripper(m): 5:41am On Feb 12, 2018
greatnaija01:
Useless garbage

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Mummy G.O To Jesus and to Apostle Paul And Peter Who Lead Early Church / Benny Hinn:Am Guilty Of preaching Prosperity Outside what the Bible teaches / Solution To Eating In Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.