Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Destiny Boy & Starboy Ahmed:- The Dangerous Effects Of Kid Superstars On Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Destiny Boy & Starboy Ahmed:- The Dangerous Effects Of Kid Superstars On Nigeria (7673 Views)

13-years-old Singer, Destiny Boy, Goes Back To School (photos) / Throwback Photos Of Kid Actress Lilian Ekenta With Liz Benson At Izaga Movie / Alabi Pasuma, Small Doctor, Destiny Boy At The Mushin Day 2017 - Pics & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Destiny Boy & Starboy Ahmed:- The Dangerous Effects Of Kid Superstars On Nigeria by Unlimited419: 4:39am On Jan 04, 2018
[img]https://2.bp..com/-M-aUSrYSFs0/Wk2cIZ9yImI/AAAAAAAAPwI/yGs4Zgw-xP8mXA2cDNMQXyeumnYecpAIQCLcBGAs/s400/Screenshot-2018-1-4%2BStarboy%2BAhmed.jpg[/img]

In 2017, teenage superstar, Destiny Boy broke out after dropping a cover to Davido‘s smash hit, IF.
The cover went places as people fell in love with the song due to its fuji twist. What got us wondering was that Destiny Boy was just 13 years old. This got everyone enthralled.
From there he started rolling with industry heavyweights like Tuface, Wande Coal and he also dropped more covers. Destiny Boy isn’t the first kid superstar.
Last year, we had Emmanuella cracking us up. Her videos alongside her Uncle, Mark Angel were always trending on YouTube. She was also regularly invited to perform at shows and she even surprised us when she went on tour to some African countries where she has tons of fans.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-fL-xeBfyb3g/Wk2cIfuizxI/AAAAAAAAPwM/d1wyA815ajkaya2ZLxsnqG8jTWYlkVeCgCLcBGAs/s1600/Destiny_boy-Emmanuella-Ozzybosco.jpg[/img]

● However, shouldn’t we be concerned for these kids?
● What about their Education?
● Is Destiny Boy still going to school after he hit the jackpot?
● Won’t they rebel against their parents and drop out of school just to pursue their music career?

Inversely, this would have an adverse effect on them and the society. Their mates and friends would also want to follow in their footsteps by seeking fame, thereby paying less attention to their education.
Few years ago we had OzzyBosco. His kind of music was the childish type. Hopping up and down kind of music. Those type of music strictly meant for the kids played at birthday parties.
He tried to add some spice when he featured Olamide and Vector in his songs.
That’s not all though, we still have several kid stars. What about Ahmed who Wizkid Pledged to sign after freestyling on stage at his #WizkidTheConcert.
More and more kids are getting famous. And there are still more who will join the bandwagon in 2018. The kids would see the entertainment industry as an opportunity to evade the algebraic equation they didn’t understand at School.
Important Note �
The kids would say to their parents:- “School is not helping anyone, see Ahmed, our neighbour’s kid, he’s already making money, appearing on TV, and then Conclude on “Who school epp!“

It’s true to some extent though, given Nigeria’s deteriorating education. But these kids still need to be educated.
Ahmed for instance would have just finished Primary 5, he hasn’t even gotten to halfway of his education.
● Has he learned enough?
● Can he speak and write in English?
Still, Nigerians would support talent over anything as long as it is making money.
However, it’s important we all make these kids know the essence of education. Most of our Superstars made it to university before dropping out.
Wizkid dropped out at Lead City University before dropping out. Ycee and Lil Kesh also.
Ahmed would definitely be a superstar on 2018, this would encourage other parents to influence their kids to also showcase their talents.
Then the entertainment industry would be littered with kids everywhere. Then several problems would arise, maybe a kid slapping his manager over money matters.
Lastly, the Emmanuel Eboue issue is a case to ponder. How his wife took advantage of his illiteracy and acquired all his lifetime savings and assets.
The End!!
What Do You All Have To Say About The Kid Superstars On Nigeria’s Education?

Drop your comments

[b]SOURCEembarassed/b]http://www.lekkigists.com.ng/2018/01/destiny-boy-starboy-ahmed-dangerous.html
MissyB3 Fynestboi
Re: Destiny Boy & Starboy Ahmed:- The Dangerous Effects Of Kid Superstars On Nigeria by kingem(m): 5:09am On Jan 04, 2018
This destiny boy dah spoils people songs with his auto tune Fuji voice. mtcheew

undecided

FTC
2018 going just fine grin
Re: Destiny Boy & Starboy Ahmed:- The Dangerous Effects Of Kid Superstars On Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28am On Jan 04, 2018
The dangerous effects of kid superstars in Nigeria.....

They make adults like the op reflect on when and how their pictures got to the village because the way things are its obvious their pictures are being used to fan coal pots used in roasting ibeni-agbado. (Today's corn)

Na joke I dey ooooo
Re: Destiny Boy & Starboy Ahmed:- The Dangerous Effects Of Kid Superstars On Nigeria by Ghnaija(m): 5:44am On Jan 04, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Destiny Boy & Starboy Ahmed:- The Dangerous Effects Of Kid Superstars On Nigeria by anitapreeti(f): 7:32am On Jan 04, 2018
It's the responsibility of their parents to manage them and determine what takes premience in their lives.....

Most parents who are not well to do will see it as an avenue to make money and let the child determine the course of his career.
However, a child who is 13 can still be controlled by his parents, and be directed appropriately tho it depends on how and where he was brought up.

So many issues may arise but at the end of the day, the child shouldn't be discouraged....
Re: Destiny Boy & Starboy Ahmed:- The Dangerous Effects Of Kid Superstars On Nigeria by Anotheroption(f): 11:11am On Jan 04, 2018
Good day Nairalanders, I have been an active user on Nairaland for some years, but had to create a new moniker out of shame, but right now I am confused and desperate, have not been able to sleep. I am desperately in need of assistance and have no one to run too.
I was given admission into imo state college of nursing and midwifery in October and was to resume on the 23rd of that same month, but due to financial constraint I had to lie that my mother was seriously ill and no one was around to look after her, so I could not meet the deadline, the man who assisted me in gaining the pre admission process pleaded on my behalf, and I was told to resume with the second batch that would be resuming in the second week of December, I still could not meet up, in allah favour, I was given another grace period, thanks to the same man who assisted me in the pre admission process. This time I was told if I do not resume along with other students, I should forget the admission.
I just quit my job this December and all I could save using my salary was 70 thousand Naira out of the 152 thousand Naira as fees, I just returned from the my village in okene back to my base in Abuja, but my parents could not assist in anyway, seeing their present situation, they find it hard to even feed. I came back to Abuja last night and since then I have been confused to this present time.
Please help a poor ebira girl or I will lose this admission.
I promise to keep everyone who assists me updated with my admission process and will also write out their names with the amount if you want me to.
Please I have no one else to run too, that is why I ran here. Please assist me in any way possible and May almighty Allah reward you all as you come to my aid. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

"Beauty With Brains" - Toyin Lawani Flaunts Bare Breast (PHOTOS) / Who Is Prettier? Debbie Collins OR Munachi Abii? / Linda Ikeji House And Genevieve Nnaji Mansion Which One Is Richer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.