Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria (28070 Views)

Senate Crisis: ‘rebel’ Group Emerges As Saraki Adopts Fire-for-fire Approach / "Fresh PDP": PDP Splinter Group Emerges In Abuja / Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by medolab90(m): 11:20am On Jan 04, 2018
T
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by sherlock229(m): 11:22am On Jan 04, 2018
Not this Again. smh
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by BackToLife: 11:22am On Jan 04, 2018
wink

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by vertueptime: 11:23am On Jan 04, 2018
Where is kanu nnamdi

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Laoolu: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2018
undecided
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Edu3Again: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2018
It is clear that many fear Biafra.
That's why they call Biafra landlocked while rejoicing about the dry docks in the North.

Now if Biafra is landlocked, what is the North?

Yes many dey fear Biafra.
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by walediary07: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2018
Naija hmmmm
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by buchilino(m): 11:34am On Jan 04, 2018
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

Another white elephant project.

Why do Easterners like taking their own brothers and sisters for a ride?why can't these guys see that these people that want to fight for them is lining their pockets?it has always been about the money.

The scam is simple.

A group of guys come together in the East. They then give themselves some fancy name. Make a little bit of noise,and when they get noticed, they then start soliciting for fund from every Where,including foreign countries for their agitation.

Ralph Nwazuruike is a very rich man now. Today, where is the Massob he founded?Nnamdi Kanu won the jackpot, as he did not only fleece the poor market people in the East,and everywhere.

He also won the lottery, when it was reported that Israel gave him $4,000,000 For his agitation since he claimed to be a Jew.

Today where is the Conman?

This group has come too to take their share.

MAYBE, MAYBE NOT. TIME WILL TELL
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2018
They need money and recognition hence they want to dialogue withe the president.

Of course Nigeria needs to be restructured but these men and ohaneze ndi igbo are hungry men. I can spot them when i see them.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Sanchez01: 11:47am On Jan 04, 2018
Bede2u:
shut up....Qubec, catalonia, kurdistan, palestine and western sahara have all been fighting for self determination in their own different ways now for decades... same with biafra. U feel its the same group fighting for all these while in these different agitations? Why are u mad at the new pro Biafra group?

Successful self determination fights in recent times include Irish republic, south sudan, eritrea and the nations of the former soviet union.

Self determination fights are hard to win and takes long time....but not impossible and doesnt go on forever
The regions you mentioned existed before they were lumped into their present countries. Catalan, for example, existed as a sovereign territory before it was conquered and lumped to being a part of Spain.

Now when you compare yourself to them, you give an impression that Biafra had long existed before it was beaten into subjection, which is false. Biafra never existed, particularly with the Igbos as a sovereign state. So then, what is the noise about?

Self determination in itself isn't a sin or a problem. But knowing that those claiming they want Biafra are never united makes it all the more interesting.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by victorvezx(m): 11:52am On Jan 04, 2018
Bede2u:
shut up....Qubec, catalonia, kurdistan, palestine and western sahara have all been fighting for self determination in their own different ways now for decades... same with biafra. U feel its the same group fighting for all these while in these different agitations? Why are u mad at the new pro Biafra group?

Successful self determination fights in recent times include Irish republic, south sudan, eritrea and the nations of the former soviet union.

Self determination fights are hard to win and takes long time.... but not impossible and doesnt go on forever
Some self determination fights don't go on forever, some achieved it, but many have fizzled out. That is what will happen to Ipob. Ipob will fizzle out like many self deter nation groups did. And please research how those countries u listed got their independence. It will never be at the same level with thuggish groups like Ipob, Massob
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 04, 2018
Okay. smiley
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by victorvezx(m): 11:57am On Jan 04, 2018
Sanchez01:

The regions you mentioned existed before they were lumped into their present countries. Catalan, for example, existed as a sovereign territory before it was conquered and lumped to being a part of Spain.

Now when you compare yourself to them, you give an impression that Biafra had long existed before it was beaten into subjection, which is false. Biafra never existed, particularly with the Igbos as a sovereign state. So then, what is the noise about?

Self determination in itself isn't a sin or a problem. But knowing that those claiming they want Biafra are never united makes it all the more interesting.
Don't mind that ignorant tout, he thinks those countries and regions he listed have the same status as Biafra which never existed before Nigeria
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by justuschi50: 11:59am On Jan 04, 2018
To solve Nigeria problem separation, revolution as for restructuring it cannot work because u cannot tell d corrupt oga at the top to dethrone theirself, the Yoruba pple should know d meaning of restructuring before they start talking restructuring
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 11:59am On Jan 04, 2018
sad cheesy wink wink grin grin every clowns even a carpenter.,iron bender,bricklayer, tailor, fake/counterfeiters. marketers, barber from dat potopoto side dey kal themselves Dr,sir,prof,Pastor/apostle,igwe and now maxi.Igbos are CLOWNS
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Bede2u(m): 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2018
Sanchez01:

The Southern Nigeria Protectorate was formed in 1900 as a seperate country from north and by 1914 British colonial rule had established most of the administrative divisions in the Southern Nigeria Protectorate. In 1939, the Southern Province was divided into the Western and Eastern Province because of the two major tribes- Igbo and yoruba. During the 2nd world war period, the provinces were given more power due to shortage of personnel, including powers to recruit their own provincial Army. The provinces basically functioned as seperate countries till 1963 Republican constitution.

All the regions I mentioned were created the same way southern (later eastern and western) Nigeria province was created- by colonial powers. They were also lumped into their current Nations either by willingly joining (Qubec and Eastern Nigeria), or by colonisation (Ireland and the others)

Eastern Nigeria became Biafra in 1967
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Sanchez01: 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
Bede2u:
The Southern Nigeria Protectorate was formed in 1900 as a seperate country from north and by 1914 British colonial rule had established most of the administrative divisions in the Southern Nigeria Protectorate. In 1939, the Southern Province was divided into the Western and Eastern Province because of the two major tribes- Igbo and yoruba. During the 2nd world war period, the provinces were given more power due to shortage of personnel, including powers to recruit their own provincial Army. The provinces basically functioned as seperate countries till 1963 Republican constitution.

All the regions I mentioned were created the same way southern (later eastern and western) Nigeria province was created- by colonial powers. They were also lumped into their current Nations either by willingly joining (Qubec and Eastern Nigeria), or by colonisation (Ireland and the others)

Eastern Nigeria became Biafra in 1967
I saw this coming. It is every IPOB calendar in the East. It is interesting that you recalled some past events but then failed to point out the main things.

My question is

1. Was Biafra a sovereign territory compared to Catalonia before it was lumped to be a part of Nigeria? The old Eastern region existed as a part of Nigeria before the late prick declared Biafra in 1967. So then, what are you saying?
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Bede2u(m): 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
victorvezx:

Don't mind that ignorant tout, he thinks those countries and regions he listed have the same status as Biafra which never existed before Nigeria
Actually most did. There was never a Catalan Republic in history....it was Aragon, and not the geography of the current Catalonia. Quebec was created EXACTLY the same way Eastern Region (which became Biafra) was created. There never existed a Kurdistan Nation in history. The kurds (just like the Igbos) are an ethnic group scathered in different middle eastern country through colonisation. They want to come together and form a country.

I will overlook that u called me a tout
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Dawudski(m): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
Anotheroption:
Good day Nairalanders, I have been an active user on Nairaland for some years, but had to create a new moniker out of shame, but right now I am confused and desperate, have not been able to sleep. I am desperately in need of assistance and have no one to run too.
I was given admission into imo state college of nursing and midwifery in October and was to resume on the 23rd of that same month, but due to financial constraint I had to lie that my mother was seriously ill and no one was around to look after her, so I could not meet the deadline, the man who assisted me in gaining the pre admission process pleaded on my behalf, and I was told to resume with the second batch that would be resuming in the second week of December, I still could not meet up, in allah favour, I was given another grace period, thanks to the same man who assisted me in the pre admission process. This time I was told if I do not resume along with other students, I should forget the admission.
I just quit my job this December and all I could save using my salary was 70 thousand Naira out of the 152 thousand Naira as fees, I just returned from the my village in okene back to my base in Abuja, but my parents could not assist in anyway, seeing their present situation, they find it hard to even feed. I came back to Abuja last night and since then I have been confused to this present time.
Please help a poor ebira girl or I will lose this admission.
I promise to keep everyone who assists me updated with my admission process and will also write out their names with the amount if you want me to.
Please I have no one else to run too, that is why I ran here. Please assist me in any way possible and May almighty Allah reward you all as you come to my aid. Thank you.
I dont think Posting this kind of stuff here will do you any Good. Just keep on wasting your time!
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by potterdon: 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
All I can say is that everyone is tired of this scam of a nation except the hypocrites or sai baba house boys. That's why people kill themselves everyday to get visa to other nations or given go as far as travelling the illegal way. grin. I support biafra since buhari and his Northern cabal has refused to restructure because of their selfish gains cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by showghan(m): 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
Make dem go ask how far from Kanu
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Afritop(m): 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
undecided Just give any of those useless agitation group money and they will become silent like a graveyard
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Jabioro: 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
Swindlers! They are here again to scam their brothers...
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
Another scam
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Bede2u(m): 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
Sanchez01:

I saw this coming. It is every IPOB calendar in the East. It is interesting that you recalled some past events but then failed to point out the main things.
When u are giving facts u start throwing childish tantrums undecided

1. Was Biafra Eastern Region a sovereign territory compared to Catalonia before it was lumped to be a part of Nigeria?
Neither Catalonia, Easter Region Nigeria nor Quebec were soverign before being colonised as part of their current countries. All three merely constituted settlements. Catalans are an ethnic group who called their territory Catalonia. They later became part of Aragon. The area was conquared by both France and Spain. Only the people in the spanish boundry are asking for independence. So the 3 regions are alike. You also need to know that Pakistan and south sudan which would later carve out of their parent nations were never a soverignity before they both were colonised and lumped into India and Sudan respectives. Also both dont have homogeneous ethnic make up just like old Eastern Nigeria
The old Eastern region existed as a part of Nigeria before the late prick declared Biafra in 1967. So then, what are you saying?
Quebec and Catalonia (whose agitation you apparently find legitimate) also for may centuries has existed as a part of their current country. Catalonia has been part of spain for more than 500 years. Quebec which was created by Europeans have been part of Canada for more than 200 years. Eastern region is the youngest of all at just a little less than a century (1939-2017)
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
horsepower101:
OP this is not a pro-biafra group. Did you even read what you posted?

They are more pro-Nigeria that is restructured. They are just pointing out how federal is unjust towards IPOB but the core of their message is to restructure Nigeria.
no wonder english made comprehension vital in its study
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by abdullahihamzat(m): 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
OUR MU-MU DON D0

Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
Sanchez01:

My question is

1. Was Biafra a sovereign territory compared to Catalonia before it was lumped to be a part of Nigeria? The old Eastern region existed as a part of Nigeria before the late prick declared Biafra in 1967. So then, what are you saying?
u ppl keep saying ojukwu declared biafra but keep on forgetting dat d same way civil servants pushed gowon to ignore aburi accord was d same way ndigbo were angry about d killings by northerners
ojukwu own worse sef cuz declaration or not d igbos were ready to fight d northerners
even murtala acknowledged dat d war was inevitable
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Sanchez01: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2018
Bede2u:

When u are giving facts u start throwing childish tantrums undecided

Neither Catalonia, Easter Region Nigeria nor Quebec were soverign before being colonised as part of their current countries. All three merely constituted settlements. Catalans are an ethnic group who called their territory Catalonia. They later became part of Aragon. The area was conquared by both France and Spain. Only the people in the spanish boundry are asking for independence. So the 3 regions are alike. Quebec and Catalonia (whose agitation you apparently find legitimate) also for may centuries has existed as a part of their current country. Catalonia has been part of spain for more than 500 years. Quebec which was created by Europeans have been part of Canada for more than 200 years. Eastern region is the youngest of all at just a little less than a century (1939-2017)
When we ask you guys to get some knowledge, one would think it is an attempt at ridiculing your points.

The history of Catalonia

Catalonia was an independent region of the Iberian Peninsula – modern day Spain and Portugal – with its own language, laws and customs.

In 1150, the marriage of Petronilia, Queen of Aragon and Ramon Berenguer IV, Count of Barcelona formed a dynasty leaving their son to inherit all territories concerning the region of Aragon and Catalonia.

This lasted until the reign of King Philip V. The War of the Spanish Succession ended with the defeat of Valencia in 1707, of Catalonia in 1714, and finally with the last of the islands in 1715 – resulting in the birth of modern-day Spain.

Subsequent kings tried to impose the Spanish language and laws on the region, but they abandoned their attempts in 1931 and restored the Generalitat (the national Catalan government).

General Francisco Franco, however, set out to destroy Catalan separatism and with his victory at the Battle of Ebro in 1938 he took control of the region, killing 3,500 people and forcing many more into exile.

The region was granted a degree of autonomy once more in 1977, when democracy returned to the country.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/does-catalonia-want-independence-spain/

With the issue of Catalonia settled, you should know you are not even in the same rank with her. Biafra in itself was never an Igbo word and is not till date.

The Eastern region functioned as one of the many parts of the old design which got the country going. There was the Western Region, the Mid-western region, the Northern Region, the Middle Belt region and the Eastern Region. Interestingly, none of these regions were autonomous.

It is sad that an Internet user in this modern day and time would describe the old Catalonia as a mere settlement. This is 2018 and it is way too early to brandish ignorance in this manner.
Re: Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria by Sanchez01: 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2018
Bede2u:
Actually most did. There was never a Catalan Republic in history....it was Aragon, and not the geography of the current Catalonia. Quebec was created EXACTLY the same way Eastern Region (which became Biafra) was created. There never existed a Kurdistan Nation in history. The kurds (just like the Igbos) are an ethnic group scathered in different middle eastern country through colonisation. They want to come together and form a country.

I will overlook that u called me a tout
You really need to stop arguing about what you don't know. The North of Catalonia was ceded to France after Spain shared Catalonia with France over a table discussion.

Before then, Catalonia existed in its own as a state and not as a settlement which you described or claimed.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/does-catalonia-want-independence-spain/amp/

Wikipedia is also there to assist build your next argument.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coups: The Two Anglophone Countries Immuned From This Scourge - Femi Fani-Kayode / Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher / Mohammad Hamid Ansari Visits Nigeria With His Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.