Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) (15544 Views)

What Makes You Lose Your Belief In God(christian God) / A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Before Nigerian Pastors Make You Lose Your Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by phemmyfour: 10:21am On Jan 06, 2018
edimolu:

The ruled out gibberish validates you being blind as a bat, comprehension has never been your forte, get the fûck off my mentions...filthy being!
Since you don't have meaningful answer, go ahead and swim in your folly

Proverbs 18:2
A fool does not delight in understanding, But only in revealing his own mind.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 06, 2018
Realitycheck007:
Me and my staffs are having a little argument, cause of the pix i brought to them this morning to explain.. Many people can't Say a word while others are contradicting each other so i decided to bring it up here, I know this isn't the right thread but For the reason this Section has the most viewers and active users... Let's do this, NOTE am a Christian that loves getting new idea of my Belief, Either Wrong or right.. Can someone explain this for me

Cc. Rocktation, farano, lalasticlala, mynd44 )

lolz the folly of some non Christians and even some Christians is that God appeals to you.. to come to him, lolz

sorry he doesn't .. those died for knows the reason...

and also he didn't die as God, he died as men...

all your questions
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 06, 2018
tommynico:

The essence of Jesus dying for us is no ticket for us to continue playing in the mud. His death paid the price for our sins, both in the past, present, and in the future, all that is required from us is to claim this by accepting him as our lord and savior in order to be redeemed. A sinner who was once righteous but died in a sinful manner would be judged because he sinned on the stroke of his passing on. Lemme make an example, as a buyer, you can go to the market and buy some goods for the benefit of another person, and having paid the required price, all that is required of this person who you bought this goods for is to go and claim the goods, even without you for as long as he has the receipt of payment with him, such is the scenario with Jesus and us.
God is the person who bought the goods.
Jesus is the price paid.
We are the third party who would go and claim the goods bought on our behalf.
Our redemption is the bought goods.
Accepting Jesus as your lord and savior is the receipt of payment you willl use to claim the bought goods.

Hope you now understand.

And finally, the essence of Jesus death is to bridge the gulf between God and man. For no man can come to the father without him, and there's only one road that leads to the father and that road is Jesus.

Why should righteousness still be a criteria for not being punished since Jesus has paid the price for we sinners? OF WHAT BENEFIT IS THAT TO THE SINNER? A righteous person is not qualified for punishment which makes it more about reaping the fruit of his action. So what benefit is it to the sinner whom he is said to have died for?
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by edimolu(m): 10:26am On Jan 06, 2018
phemmyfour:
Since you don't have meaningful answer, go ahead and swim in your folly

Proverbs 18:2
A fool does not delight in understanding, But only in revealing his own mind.
If you wanted a meaningful answer, you wouldn't have foolishly started your comment by referring to yourself not me as "olodo"

You are a stupid dunce and you should refrain from quoting me in the future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 06, 2018
tommynico:

The essence of Jesus dying for us is no ticket for us to continue playing in the mud. His death paid the price for our sins, both in the past, present, and in the future, all that is required from us is to claim this by accepting him as our lord and savior in order to be redeemed. A sinner who was once righteous but died in a sinful manner would be judged because he sinned on the stroke of his passing on. Lemme make an example, as a buyer, you can go to the market and buy some goods for the benefit of another person, and having paid the required price, all that is required of this person who you bought this goods for is to go and claim the goods, even without you for as long as he has the receipt of payment with him, such is the scenario with Jesus and us.
God is the person who bought the goods.
Jesus is the price paid.
We are the third party who would go and claim the goods bought on our behalf.
Our redemption is the bought goods.
Accepting Jesus as your lord and savior is the receipt of payment you willl use to claim the bought goods.

Hope you now understand.

And finally, the essence of Jesus death is to bridge the gulf between God and man. For no man can come to the father without him, and there's only one road that leads to the father and that road is Jesus.

Why should righteousness still be a criteria for not to be punished since Jesus has paid the price for we sinners? OF WHAT BENEFIT IS THAT TO THE SINNER? A righteous person is not qualified for punishment which makes it more about reaping the fruit of his action. So what benefit is it to the sinner whom he is said to have died for? HAS HE NOT PAID THE PRICE?!!!
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Why should righteousness still be a criteria for not being punished since Jesus has paid the price for we sinners? OF WHAT BENEFIT IS THAT TO THE SINNER? A righteous person is not qualified for punishment which makes it more about reaping the fruit of his action. So what benefit is it to the sinner whom he is said to have died for?

his death works nothing for the sinner that doesn't go to him...
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 06, 2018
tommynico:

The benefit of his death in another sence is that it provides man with the opportunity of returning back to his original glory when he was one with God. With Jesus, man can seek God's face, talk to the father like Adam did in the beginning, and he in return will bless him and protect him, but the condition to these benefits is that man must remain one with God, in truth, in faith, and in the spirit.

But have men not been seeking God's face during the time of Moses for example and being righteous?
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by SIINXU: 10:36am On Jan 06, 2018
Funny how these people keep quoting Bible verses to point and counter-point each other! The same Bible contradicts itself. The same book which was written under the influence of the Holy Spirit Weed has too many contradictions to suit any occasion or belief you'll like to adopt! cheesy
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tommynico(m): 10:38am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Ask yourself what righteousness means.....how can you say you are righteous when you don't have Jesus? So therefore you still are a sinner. Although, no man is perfect, but it is his strength in us that makes us hold steadfast. Righteousness in itz own sence helps a man to be more like Jesus and remember, a sinner is not safe and saved until he has jesus in his life.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2018
Ferisidowu:

his death works nothing for the sinner that doesn't go to him...

His death is conditional THAT HE DIED FOR SINNERS. To be a sinner in the first place means disobedience. If you have to obey befor his death works for a sinner. His death is more or less not relevant more than to say people should do the right thing.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tommynico(m): 10:45am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

But have men not been seeking God's face during the time of Moses for example and being righteous?

Men in those days cannot seek God when they are not ordained by God himself and that's why people often go to meet his prophets to speak on their behalf, an example is Moses, Joshua, Elijah, isiah, elisha, just name a few. Back then, the gulf was still there between God and man, hence the reason why these great men of God had to carry the burden which is a great privilege of serving as an intermediary between God and people. But ever since the promised one was sent so bridge this gulf, everyone can seek God's face but first, he must accept Jesus as lord and follow his teachings in truth and in spirit.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

His death is conditional THAT HE DIED FOR SINNERS. To be a sinner in the first place means disobedience. If you have to obey befor his death works for a sinner. His death is more or less not relevant more than to say people should do the right thing.

lolz another wrong information you have there

the truth is that all sinners are dead in sins and trespasses so basically a sinner can't even live God, a sinner won't go to Christ for salvation, a sinner can't please God

it's the holy Spirit who bring people to himself...

his ELECT are justified even while sinners themselves
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 06, 2018
tommynico:

Ask yourself what righteousness means.....how can you say you are righteous when you don't have Jesus? So therefore you still are a sinner. Although, no man is perfect, but it is his strength in us that makes us hold steadfast. Righteousness in itz own sence helps a man to be more like Jesus and remember, a sinner is not safe and saved until he has jesus in his life.

So how is his death of benefit to sinners if not only to the righteous?
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

his death is only beneficial to enlightened sinners ... not dead sinners, the holy Removes the dead sinner from his death and bondage to sin and make him run to Jesus Christ...

some foolish atheist on this thread think that God is begging them... (God forbid)
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tommynico(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

The benefit is that he already paid the price for their sins by his death....what other benefit can they get again?.....all that is required of them is their submission to and the acceptance of Jesus as their lord. It is like having a gem bought for you at a storehouse and all that is required to claiming this gem is for youself is to show the receipt used to purchase it.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tuscani: 11:00am On Jan 06, 2018
edimolu:

here they come, trinity fucktards!

stop talking like a complete dunce! Out of the innumerable-counts of names Jesus had,you pointed only one out to savor your watery- argument...olodo

The name Emmanuel is nothing but a reminder and an exemplar that God is forever with us, a belief which hasn't changed till date, Emmanuel or not!

A dove descended on Jesus after baptism and a voice came from heaven, you should check that out, but hell no, you would rather neglect that and use stupid points to bore me of Jesus being God!

like i said, only dumb Christians argue Jesus is God, if you can point out where Jesus claimed being God will i keep shut, are you even aware of all that he said after he was crucified before he surrendered his soul to his father! stop neglecting the obvious, it makes you come off as super-dumb!

thanks for the insults, but let's go back to the very beginning, I am at least happy you believe in the bible. .. In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, and the word was God, and the word became flesh to dwell amongst men.
Also Jesus said , I and my father are one.
You write excellent and flawless English, but stop being abusive. Thanks
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Doctormarrvin: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Nope I'm not satisfied with the answers that's why we keep searching and not take the easy way (conjuring god)
lol..bro, I see your point..but are we going to spend our entire lives searching? Even science has its limit..many smart people have come and gone but non has given a convincing explanation of how man came to be...all we have successfully done is assume and pretend to back up our assumptions with experiments,nothing more! I still don't see how the belief in God is stopping us from making more assumptions and confusing ourselves in the name of discovering answers
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by edimolu(m): 12:46pm On Jan 06, 2018
tuscani:
thanks for the insults, but let's go back to the very beginning, I am at least happy you believe in the bible. .. In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, and the word was God, and the word became flesh to dwell amongst men.
Also Jesus said , I and my father are one.
You write excellent and flawless English, but stop being abusive. Thanks

The argument between "TRINITY(jesus is God) and jesus not God" has long been discussed and correctly backed up with different bible passages long before i even assumed existence!

It is for this reason (in the beginning was the word........) some believe the bible to be itself contradictory!

But as christians, should we give ourselves needless troubles or rather follow that which jesus had taught us? Which is "jesus is not God"....if you have fervently frequented your "new testament" then this shouldn't be new to you as there are over a kabillion verses in the bible where jesus distinctively distinguished himself from being God! I have made mention of few passages on this thread, if you would do so well to take few scrolls!

"Me and God are one" literally does not mean one body, english at times can be deceptive? sure you know? Not even once in the present gospels has Jesus ever explicitly claimed to be God.

The worship and praising of God was always focal in Jesus' life. For instance, when his disciples asked him to teach them how to pray (Luke 11:1-2), he taught them to pray to God; the Father, not to himself. Notice that the words "Father!Grant us" indicates that Jesus included himself among the creation of God and as such acknowledging a higher authority which is God...

If God came as a man, if jesus is God, why was he scared and troubled when the hour of death came, and who was he praying to at gethesemane, with the ending words let "your will be done"? Why was he always referring to God in second person if he was still that God, why did a voice from heaven say "this is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased" after the baptism of jesus? I could go on and on bro

PS:: am deeply sorry for my previous insult!...disregard it! wink
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by zainmaxwell(m): 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
byemx06:

as a Muslim we believe their is only one God which is ALLAH and Jesus is ALLAH prophet,

dats good of you
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by traeces(m): 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

lol, you don't know how illogical you sound with pulling Pascal's wager

You should probably either review Pascal's wager or my view as there is nothing similar in the 2. I am not guessing the reality of God neither am I partially certain that Jesus is the way to God. My theology is not just so that I don't lose out in eternity should I hold that there is no God and get to eternity only to find that there actually is God. I am FULLY PERSUADED that God is and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

I am pretty sure that you are not half as intellectually dexterous or scientifically literate as Pascal was but he knew enough to know that science does not and cannot answer the God question so he posed his wager which should actually makes sense.

On a final note, God is a spirit and because science only measures what can be seen, heard or sensed physically, science CANNOT measure, prove or disprove the existence of God. You can only believe or disbelieve! Note however that not even God seeks to rob you of your right to choose what you want and note also that whatever choice you make in this matter is an important determinant of the eternal destiny of your soul.

The staunchest atheist won't spend 1 day in hell before realizing the utter foolishness of his acclaimed intellectual dexterity. My only prayer for you is that you discover your foolishness long before you face your maker in eternity in Jesus name, amen
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
[quote author=traeces post=63946861]

You should probably either review Pascal's wager or my view as there is nothing similar in the
yes there is!
[quote] 2. I am not guessing the reality of God neither am I partially certain that Jesus is the way to God. My theology is not just so that I don't lose out in eternity should I hold that there is no God and get to eternity only to find that there actually is God. I am FULLY PERSUADED that God is and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.
The thing is that you appealed to emotion by asking me to ask for faith from your imaginary friend for sake of my soul

1. There's no evidence your imaginary friend exists
2. There's no evidence soul exists
3. There's no evidence Christianity is true

pretending all the above are totally wrong and then appealing based on that is absolutely anodyne

I am pretty sure that you are not half as intellectually dexterous or scientifically literate as Pascal was but he knew enough to know that science does not and cannot answer the God question so he posed his wager which should actually makes sense.
Exactly! but it made no sense!!

On a final note, God is a spirit and because science only measures what can be seen, heard or sensed physically, science CANNOT measure, prove or disprove the existence of God. You can only believe or disbelieve! Note however that not even God seeks to rob you of your right to choose what you want and note also that whatever choice you make in this matter is an important determinant of the eternal destiny of your soul.
again!

Spirits are imaginary, no evidence exists of them, conjuring god, claiming he's a spirit and cannot be understood by science and then telling me to believe in it sounds pretty empty and coercive

The staunchest atheist won't spend 1 day in hell before realizing the utter foolishness of his acclaimed intellectual dexterity. My only prayer for you is that you discover your foolishness long before you face your maker in eternity in Jesus name, amen
I have 3 claims to make
1. Yahweh does not exist!

2. all religions, including Christianity, are false as they make the (supposed) creator of the universe look too petty and human
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Deprofessional(m): 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
Realitycheck007:
Smiles Go and ask. he wouldnt eat u,but becareful he may end up just confusing u all tru the way.. i had a chat with A pastor yesternight, He said alot oh and ended up bringing me to level 0 again, after i ask him a simple question, IF GOD GAVE US THE OPTION of choosing good from evil, Why then punish us for choosing the one that doesnt please him, wereas he is the one that gave us the option

Very stupid and foolish statement. If your teacher gave you options A to D in an examination, why mark you wrong when you chose the wrong answer.

God laid before you life and death and advised you to choose life that it may be well with you and your family.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by traeces(m): 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2018
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=63955083][/quote]

I hope you know that as far as a goat is concerned, the internet by means of which me and you are connecting does not exist. But does that make the internet any less real? No!

My dear friend, I wish I could help you but I can't. However I have prayed for you.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by nobsalis: 9:58am On Feb 04, 2018
BadLuckonmyGame:
are u telling me what your Yahoo boys/men (pastors) told u or u read the bolded from your Bible... @ bolded can u refer me to where u read these statement in the Bible? I'm waiting...

Boss can u find my Bet9ja account for airtime pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

There Is No Wedding Ring In The Old Or New Testaments. / The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija / Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.