Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) (15548 Views)

What Makes You Lose Your Belief In God(christian God) / A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Before Nigerian Pastors Make You Lose Your Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by edimolu(m): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
babeyjoston:
whether u stroke my words or not, believe it or take it. God himself is Jesus, he is 3 in one God.
you dumb Christian. can u ask urself y Jesus said u can't see God the Father except through him. ? dat means u need to take him as ur lord aand saviour and believe he died for u. Jesus is not as human as we re he is half God himself and human by appearance. get dat to ur skull.
okay, i think i have had my fill of this tiring and frequent back and forth argument with you both, it is exhausting, it has in no way added to my knowledge, if you feel you have 3 in 1 Gods....serve him as you will, that is all that matters!

modified!
on the other hand, i would love to have this with you lets say tomorrow, got a lot of questions just for you!
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
Doctormarrvin:
To each man his own.. Let those that question the existence of Yahweh continue to do so, it's even funnier when all they do is doubt his existence but they don't even understand many of the creation theories their fellow men created for them.. Like how many of successfully understood the principles of the Big Bang Theory? Or spontaneous generation or the one that said life started from a mixture of different chemicals...the thing is,just live right.. Exhibit good morals..how hard is it to follow the 10 commandments? If you're not following it for religion..do it because the laws are right! Death is all that matters..you live a moral life and die and you discover there's no Yahweh.. What do you have to lose?.. People still believed the earth is flat grin grin grin another very hilarious argument
Being a Christian, Muslim or atheist doesn't have anything to do with morals. So u believe atheist don't have good morals or what. All this slay queens and Yahoo boys do u think they are atheist?

3 Likes

Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2018
edimolu:

If God can create adam in human form, pray tell? can he not create another spirit and call him his son? And by the way, jesus taking over? That is as laughable as it gets, how does an immortal being die?

Sure its laughable as Jesus dying for our sins and yet sinners will still be punished despite believing so. So what is the essence of such a death. My point is that the whole scenario is laughable like that very illustration the op is asking for an explanation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Doctormarrvin: 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mariinee:
Nope. But soon, hopefully.wink
and hopefully I'll be there..a nice Mariinee is worth witnessing grin
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Doctormarrvin: 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
charliboy654:

Being a Christian, Muslim or atheist doesn't have anything to do with morals. So u believe atheist don't have good morals or what. All this slay queens and Yahoo boys do u think they are atheist?
i see your point bro..Christianity is not the reason for good morals,but let's be honest Christianity has motivated quite some people to be good..but I won't still deny the fact that there are still better Muslims and atheists who are far better than some Christians
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
Doctormarrvin:
i see your point bro..Christianity is not the reason for good morals,but let's be honest Christianity has motivated quite some people to be good..but I won't still deny the fact the there are still better Muslims and atheists who are far better than some Christians
True, Christianity does bring some sanity to the world. But morality it's a thing of personal choice.

1 Like

Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Doctormarrvin: 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
charliboy654:

True, Christianity does bring some sanity to the world. But morality it's a thing of personal choice.
exactly..couldn't agree more

1 Like

Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by edimolu(m): 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Sure its laughable as Jesus dying for our sins and yet sinners will still be punished despite believing so. So what is the essence of such a death. My point is that the whole scenario is laughable like that very illustration the op is asking for an explanation.
john 3.16..it is a common verse....
do you scheme through my words so fast that you always have to make me repeat the same thing again and again? i wish i could slap you silly!

God could wipe us out once again like he did during Noah's era, but he already made a promise!

God saw again the earth was full of so many atrocities and unparalleled misconduct, he had no choice but to send his son,to remind us so we might yet again believe in God's true existence, a proof that a human being born out of a woman could remain loyal to him!

MR WORD ,i no be bible abeg, the bible holds so much answers to the knowledge you seek, you shouldn't be far from it..

goodnight
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by richythePH(f): 12:15am On Jan 06, 2018
traeces:

Everything you are saying can be compared to an ant that is busy arguing with fellow ants that THERE IS NO INTERNET simply because it lacks capacity to grasp the subject.
There is much more in creation beyond the 3-d world me and you are used to and it will do you good to simply stop where the word of God stops. Deut 29:29

i dont get u fam undecided

you're one of them confused being who follow their pastors in ther belief of trinity aiint ya?
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by byemx06(m): 12:41am On Jan 06, 2018
zainmaxwell:
okay as a Muslim what's ur belief

as a Muslim we believe their is only one God which is ALLAH and Jesus is ALLAH prophet,
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by byemx06(m): 12:43am On Jan 06, 2018
Mariinee:
What's my belief? Lol.
That there's only one God and he wasn't begotten and neither has he begotten i.e he has no relatives whatsoever. He has no son and he has no parent. And no one must be associated with him in worship.

jazalahu khairan
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by byemx06(m): 12:45am On Jan 06, 2018
Mariinee:
I believe in Issa(Jesus, PBUH) as the messenger of God that was sent down to the Nazaraites not as his Son.

u have depth knowledge about Islam am so Happy with your respond ...........yaa salam

ur DP thou
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tuscani: 5:42am On Jan 06, 2018
AnodaIT:
The first sentence is wrong so that destroy the rest of the argument

God sent His only begotten Son, He didn't came down himself
God came as Jesus, ever heared of Emmanuel= God with us
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by edimolu(m): 7:01am On Jan 06, 2018
tuscani:
God came as Jesus, ever heared of Emmanuel= God with us
here they come, trinity fucktards!

stop talking like a complete dunce! Out of the innumerable-counts of names Jesus had,you pointed only one out to savor your watery- argument...olodo

The name Emmanuel is nothing but a reminder and an exemplar that God is forever with us, a belief which hasn't changed till date, Emmanuel or not!

A dove descended on Jesus after baptism and a voice came from heaven, you should check that out, but hell no, you would rather neglect that and use stupid points to bore me of Jesus being God!

like i said, only dumb Christians argue Jesus is God, if you can point out where Jesus claimed being God will i keep shut, are you even aware of all that he said after he was crucified before he surrendered his soul to his father! stop neglecting the obvious, it makes you come off as super-dumb!
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 7:13am On Jan 06, 2018
traeces:

The bible was written on 3 different continents by 40+ others under divine inspiration of the Holy Ghost over a period of over 1500 years. That puts the bible in a class all its own as it is a book of books. It is one of histories most reliable reference material so if you think I should not use the bible to explain the bible, what will you suggest? archeology, science or metaphysics?
you really need to read more about the history of the Bible, start with Bart Earhmnan's books
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 7:14am On Jan 06, 2018
traeces:

I find it very funny when I encounter free thinkers who bandy the assertion that faith in God amounts to intellectual laziness. Where has your intellectual dexterity led you?
Think about it, even in the physical world, Newtonian mechanic laws are very valid for as long as speeds are not approaching the speeds of light and masses not approaching subatomic orders. Newton's erstwhile valid laws do not hold in those realms! How then can you hope to explain God who is spirit and require those who worship him to worship in truth and in spirit with your eyes, hands, ears, mouth?
For the sake of the eternal destiny of your spirit, I advice you to repent before God and beg him to give you faith to believe that he is and he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him (Heb 11:6)
Faith that he exists comes before evidence of hia existence
lol, you don't know how illogical you sound with pulling Pascal's wager
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 7:15am On Jan 06, 2018
Doctormarrvin:
so with all the questions man has brought up..you're satisfied with the answers man has gotten? I wonder what we've done with all the truths and answers to the impossible questions we have..don't take this like we're quarreling bro,cos we're not! I believe in God yet that has not stopped me from using my brain..we'll continue to get curious and we'll continue to invent answers to satisfy our curiousity,thats the endless circle bro!..There are countless number of really smart people that believe in the theory of special creation..i'd still like to know what creation theory you believe in
Nope I'm not satisfied with the answers that's why we keep searching and not take the easy way (conjuring god)
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by phemmyfour: 7:47am On Jan 06, 2018
Realitycheck007:
Ever heard of trinity sir? if not or so...u wuld know that the argument isnt wrong
Its wrong, even in Trinity you can differentiate them especially in statements where you want to refer God the father and God the son
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by AnodaIT(m): 7:51am On Jan 06, 2018
charliboy654:

What abt that I and my father are one quote?
The answer is in John 5:19-20
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by phemmyfour: 7:53am On Jan 06, 2018
edimolu:

here they come, trinity fucktards!

stop talking like a complete dunce! Out of the innumerable-counts of names Jesus had,you pointed only one out to savor your watery- argument...olodo

The name Emmanuel is nothing but a reminder and an exemplar that God is forever with us, a belief which hasn't changed till date, Emmanuel or not!

A dove descended on Jesus after baptism and a voice came from heaven, you should check that out, but hell no, you would rather neglect that and use stupid points to bore me of Jesus being God!

like i said, only dumb Christians argue Jesus is God, if you can point out where Jesus claimed being God will i keep shut, are you even aware of all that he said after he was crucified before he surrendered his soul to his father! stop neglecting the obvious, it makes you come off as super-dumb!

He is a messiah

He has authority to forgive sin ( Only God has that attribute)

He existed before Abraham

Died and rose on third day according to his words (No man could do that)
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by edimolu(m): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2018
phemmyfour:
He is a messiah

He has authority to forgive sin ( Only God has that attribute)

He existed before Abraham

Died and rose on third day according to his words (No man could do that)
yes he is the messiah, no doubt about that

Do you read your bible at all?

yes he has the authority to forgive, a will given to him by God!it is God's given will, just as he was given the power to heal the sick, whatever he does on earth is confirmed in heaven, he was God's word, his voice, his sympathy,his way of letting us know we can be saved once we believe!

Even our earthly fathers give us such privilege to be their voice, i could remember representing my old man in some meetings back then, i was his voice, my yes was his yes, and i was completely given the same accordance worthy of my pops....

Stop comparing jesus with mere mortals, what mortal is conceived without biological explanations? He existed before abraham in the spirit form before he was commanded by God to come die for our sins in human form, Jesus already knew his beginning and his end, he was no man, he is God's son..simply put!

As a chtistian it is hilarious to assume jesus God!
The night Jesus was arrested, before his trial and crucifixion, he prayed alone in the Garden of Gethsemane!

Luke 22:41 "He withdrew about a stone's throw and prayed, 'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done'"

Mathew 26:39 "Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken away from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will"

Mathew 26:42 "He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done"

Did you notice the frequent use of the word "father" ? Jesus was scared, he was disturbed, he needed strength and comfort to face what was coming, he was reluctant to endure the cross but was willing to set aside his own desires and instead follow God's will.

PS::::::::Please i hate reteirations, read my previous comments too and dwell your thoughts on them! Am in no way forcing my belief down your throat, as christians ,what matters most is loving one another and following the footprints of our lord as he had taught us!
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 06, 2018
byemx06:

u have depth knowledge about Islam am so Happy with your respond ...........yaa salam

ur DP thou
Thanks! smiley
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tommynico(m): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2018
Mariinee:
To the best of your knowledge? Where did you gain this knowledge from?

From the undiluted word of God as written by his ordained servants in the books of his truth.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tommynico(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Sinners are punished for their sinful ways and perversities, I believe everyone, xtians, Muslims and atheists as well have heard about jesus, his purpose and ministry here on earth, while some believed and accepted him, some ignored, rejected and even continued in the sinful and simple ways of immorality, and remember, God even said the righteousness of man is like a filthy rag, a man without Jesus that claims to be moral and just is no better than a murderer, so therefore, the just reason sinners are punished is because they choose not to believe in the truth of God, his word which is Jesus, and accept him above their worldly ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Dineneering(f): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2018
Agents of the Devil on the rampage every where!!! God save our generation.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tommynico(m): 9:41am On Jan 06, 2018
edimolu:

yes he has the authority to forgive, a will given to him by God!it is God's given will, just as he was given the power to heal the sick, whatever he does on earth is confirmed in heaven, he was God's word, his voice, his sympathy,his way of letting us know we can be saved once we believe!

Even our earthly fathers give us such privilege to be their voice, i could remember representing my old man in some meetings back then, i was his voice, my yes was his yes, and i was completely given the same accordance worthy of my pops....

Stop comparing jesus with mere mortals, what mortal is conceived without biological explanations? He existed before abraham in the spirit form before he was commanded by God to come die for our sins in human form, Jesus already knew his beginning and his end, he was no man, he is God's son..simply put!

The night Jesus was arrested, before his trial and crucifixion, he prayed alone in the Garden of Gethsemane!

Luke 22:41 "He withdrew about a stone's throw and prayed, 'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done'"

Mathew 26:39 "Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken away from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will"

Mathew 26:42 "He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done"

Did you notice the frequent use of the word "father" ? Jesus was scared, he was disturbed, he needed strength and comfort to face what was coming, he was reluctant to endure the cross but was willing to set aside his own desires and instead follow God's will.

PS::::::::Please i hate reteirations, read my previous comments too and dwell your thoughts on them! Am in no way forcing my belief down your throat, as christians ,what matters most is loving one another and following the footprints of our lord as he had taught us!

God bless you bro/sis.....Jesus is not God bit he is one with God the father, and. Likewise those who are one in accord with Jesus in truth and faith will be one with God the father for his spirit will dwell in them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by edimolu(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2018
tommynico:

God bless you bro/sis.....Jesus is not God bit he is one with God the father, and. Likewise those who are one in accord with Jesus in truth and faith will be one with God the father for his spirit will dwell in them.
And you too sir
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by phemmyfour: 9:58am On Jan 06, 2018
edimolu:

Olodo!

So, you have authority to forgive sins committed against God?

Only God can forgive sins committed againet

Let me leave you with John1:1 and John8:58

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2[b]He was with God in the beginning[/b]

“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

58“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 06, 2018
tommynico:

Sinners are punished for their sinful ways and perversities, I believe everyone, xtians, Muslims and atheists as well have heard about jesus, his purpose and ministry here on earth, while some believed and accepted him, some ignored, rejected and even continued in the sinful and simple ways of immorality, and remember, God even said the righteousness of man is like a filthy rag, a man without Jesus that claims to be moral and just is no better than a murderer, so therefore, the just reason sinners are punished is because they choose not to believe in the truth of God, his word which is Jesus, and accept him above their worldly ways.

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF JESUS DYING FOR OUR SINS IF MAN WOULD STILL BE PUNISHED FOR COMMITING SINS. OF WHAT BENEFIT IS HIS DEATH TO SINNERS WHOM HE HAS DIED FOR IF THEY STILL WILL BE PUNISHED? I DONT GET IT REALLY!!! WHAT IS THE ESSENCE? WHAT IS THE BENEFIT? THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO UNDERSTAND.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by edimolu(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2018
phemmyfour:
Olodo!

[s]So, you have authority to forgive sins committed against God?Only God can forgive sins committed against God, not a man or prophet[/s]
The ruled out gibberish validates you being blind as a bat, comprehension has never been your forte, get the fûck off my mentions...filthy being!
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tommynico(m): 10:13am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF JESUS DYING FOR OUR SINS IF MAN WOULD STILL BE PUNISHED FOR COMMITING SIN. OF WHAT BENEFIT IS HIS DEATH TO SINNER WHOM HE HAS DIED FOR IF THEY STILL WILL BE PUNISHED?

The essence of Jesus dying for us is no ticket for us to continue playing in the mud. His death paid the price for our sins, both in the past, present, and in the future, all that is required from us is to claim this by accepting him as our lord and savior in order to be redeemed. A sinner who was once righteous but died in a sinful manner would be judged because he sinned on the stroke of his passing on. Lemme make an example, as a buyer, you can go to the market and buy some goods for the benefit of another person, and having paid the required price, all that is required of this person who you bought this goods for is to go and claim the goods, even without you for as long as he has the receipt of payment with him, such is the scenario with Jesus and us.
God is the person who bought the goods.
Jesus is the price paid.
We are the third party who would go and claim the goods bought on our behalf.
Our redemption is the bought goods.
Accepting Jesus as your lord and savior is the receipt of payment you willl use to claim the bought goods.

Hope you now understand.

And finally, the essence of Jesus death is to bridge the gulf between God and man. For no man can come to the father without him, and there's only one road that leads to the father and that road is Jesus.
Re: Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) by tommynico(m): 10:18am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF JESUS DYING FOR OUR SINS IF MAN WOULD STILL BE PUNISHED FOR COMMITING SINS. OF WHAT BENEFIT IS HIS DEATH TO SINNERS WHOM HE HAS DIED FOR IF THEY STILL WILL BE PUNISHED? I DONT GET IT REALLY!!! WHAT IS THE ESSENCE? WHAT IS THE BENEFIT? THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

The benefit of his death in another sence is that it provides man with the opportunity of returning back to his original glory when he was one with God. With Jesus, man can seek God's face, talk to the father like Adam did in the beginning, and he in return will bless him and protect him, but the condition to these benefits is that man must remain one with God, in truth, in faith, and in the spirit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Should I Pay My Tithe? / God Is Dead. The Real Truth / Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.