Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? (893 Views)

What's Your Deal Breaker In Relationship / Joro Olumofin: Why A Lot Of Ladies Didn't Get Married This Year / Nigerian Man Getting Married This Weekend, Called Out For Sleeping Around(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by ORAGBON(m): 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello Jzhane,

I am a 33 year old young Lady.I started dating Tom in September 2017. Things have been going strong and I expect that he would propose anytime soon. How do I know,well,he has been giving hints like,saying am his wife..that he is saving money to buy me a proper engagement ring,that our wedding will be the talk of the town,etc.

I love Tom,hes cool. The only problem I have started in late November. When we started to date,we used to meet in restaurants and sometimes in my place. Later,when I started visiting his place,it would be on Saturdays and Sundays. But in Late November,anytime I visited,Tom would ask me to help wash his clothes,plates,clean and other petty house work. I didnt like that. I was like taken aback so I limited going to his place just so I wouldnt have to force myself to clean and wash. I mean,we are just dating,now am washing and cleaning..when we get married,maybe that will be my full role.

Dont get me wrong,I am not being spoilt but there are ways of doing house chores these days. There is washing machine for instance. As for cooking and others,I feel I should not be obligated to do so as a girlfriend,only when we are married right?

Over the christmas,Tom and I had a fight. He wanted me to shop and cook for christmas. I did grudgingly. Where I got upset was that,after cooking,sweating in the kitchen for hours,he asked me to clean up as well and also do his laundry. I told him I was tired that he should help me. He got angry and said I am a spoilt brat and that I am not a wife material. That really got me upset and I left his house...Read More

http://livelystones.com.ng/i-really-want-to-get-married-this-year-but-is-this-a-deal-breaker/
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by xcommando(m): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
Why not discourse it with him. Is very simple for both of you to iron out
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by ikbnice(m): 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2018
Story made up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by mikejj(m): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
cool am a guy but honestly i cant ask my girlfriend to cook,clean or do laundry.nah.but at her own freewill.abeg girls they suffer bcox of marriage kai.
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by taylor88(m): 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2018
What's the name of the Novel
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by naijaboy756: 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
Why are women sooooooooooooooooooooo lazy these days?/?
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by H2Ossss(m): 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
To do my laundry or clean my house... I won't ask her to... but a responsible lady in her right senses will try to clean up 1ce in a while if the house is not tidy... but cook... ill definitly ask her to... cuz I love food... sorry I love good food.
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
mikejj:
cool am a guy but honestly i cant ask my girlfriend to cook,clean or do laundry.nah.but at her own freewill.abeg girls they suffer bcox of marriage kai.

Hmmn. If u know the length some women are willing to go to get married. There are some very smart ones that will do as the guy wants, they will get the ring, get married and their true colours will show. That's when the guy will realize he has been one chanced.
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by mikejj(m): 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
kennygee:

Hmmn. If u know the length some women are willing to go to get married. There are some very smart ones that will do as the guy wants, they will get the ring, get married and their true colours will show. That's when the guy will realize he has been one chanced.
come self,why do some ladies put theirself under unnecessary pressure in the name of marriage ehn..i think our girls need orientation globally.
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2018
mikejj:
come self,why do some ladies put theirself under unnecessary pressure in the name of marriage ehn..i think our girls need orientation globally.
marriage these days is like competition
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by DrObum(m): 1:43pm On Jan 04, 2018
I started reading and stopped when you mentioned 'Tom',

Got no Tom in this side mehn, get yourself to the caucasian side of the world and start a tale with Tom.
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by mikejj(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
bjhaid:
marriage these days is like competition
kai nawa.well i weep for some ladies atimes.its high time ladies starts seeing beyond marriage and focus on adding value to their life.

2 Likes

Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by daryoor(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
the truth is you hate chores and he knows thats why he is pushing you. your body laguage will always give u off.

if u know how make dough and can fvck at least u r useful for somethings and wife worthy.
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
Some the very first day u visit them, they'll expect you to clean and cook. Like it's our fault they're lazy
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
mikejj:

Its our culture and orientation na. If a woman isn't married at a certain age, na like say she carry shut for body. So some ladies don't want that kind of pressure so they settle for just any man or do anything to hook a guy.
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
kennygee:

Its our culture and orientation na. If a woman isn't married at a certain age, na like say she carry shut for body. So some ladies don't want that kind of pressure so they settle for just any man or do anything to hook a guy.
but that doesn't make sense, a lady shouldn't be forced into wedlock
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
bjhaid:
but that doesn't make sense, a lady shouldn't be forced into wedlock

Its not a matter of force. But more of pressure.
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
kennygee:

Its not a matter of force. But more of pressure.
that's sad
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by chynie: 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
leave that man
he is using u
Re: I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? by mikejj(m): 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
kennygee:

kai...but well i weep for them...if there is a next world..i would still want to be a man.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Reacts To The Launch Of Sex Doll With Artificial Intelligent / Massage: An Important Secret To Having Great S*x Life / Why Do Nairaland Guys Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.