Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt (46492 Views)

Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Yungkid101(m): 11:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
An Igbo lady is really angry about the cost of her traditional wedding as it has drained herself and her Isoko husband financially, to the point of being in debt.

She took to Facebook to rant about it. Read below…
“I’m really angry and I must rant this rant……
I want to sincerely beg all igbo fathers here to pls stop the act of billing their daughters husbands to be just because they’re non igbos. It’s not fair at all because while they’re enjoying the money, their daughters are at the receiving end.I’m of no doubt that some igbo ladies make good wives and all….my traditional wedding was last month and in all honesty, I now understand why most men marry igbo wives and subject them to suffering,i understand why most Igbo women are baby mamas instead of being the wives………. My husband is isoko and all his friends (igbos included )has vowed not get involved with any igbo lady.
I know some of my brothers and sisters would want to insult me, I know some of my friends here would want to inbox me to interrogate me, I don’t care because we’re back in Lagos, broke and for the first time in a long while, I’m now a debtor and can’t sleep or eat well.”

https://www.tribesng.com/entertainment/lady-calls-igbo-fathers-says-husband-debt-after-spending-money-traditional-wedding/

© Shared By Gift Dah NewsSharer

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove, Fynestboi, MissyB3

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Yungkid101(m): 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
Please Follow Our Blog For Latest Gists Updates: TribesNG.com
We're Always Updated 24/7
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Gracespecial101(m): 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2018
No stopping life goes ON
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by CaptainG00D: 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hmm ok so Ur hubby paid dowry and became broke.? Rubbish!!!.
Any man that cant pay for his woman bride price is not ready for marriage n parenthood..
By the way its not by force to marry an igbo woman... look elsewhere where women are cheap.

As for ur friends who has "VOWED" not to marry igbo women pls tell them to vow with amadioha and ogun so that the vow will strong well well.
Becoz im loving that vow let them keep away from our women pls and stick to their own who "dont sell" their kids.

Pls pls all igbo parents should increase the brideprice more let them leave our gals alone becoz its getting too much pls. angry

NUFF SAID!!

195 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by newyorks(m): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2018
keep watch if u kant sleep..he married u becos u worth the spending so save urself the stress of shouting.universities fees varies based on standard.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by newyorks(m): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2018
keep kwayeti. he married u cos u worth the spending. universities fees varies based on standard. save ursef the stress of shouting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 05, 2018
And she had to call out her father on facebook, see what social media has caused, everything must be said online, smh

Didnt she see the list before it was given to her inlaws, she should have gone for court marriage then if she wasnt comfortable with the arrangements

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 05, 2018
Na WA o shocked

See mentality.

undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by safarigirl(f): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2018
She should shut up or take her useless rant to her father's compound.

So, she could not say this trash to her father's face when they were draining the husband, but she has the gall to carry the matter to FB and disgrace her entire family compound? I hope they disown her if someone from her place comes across this post. Let us see who she will run to when her own suffering begins since she assumes Igbo women are suffering in their marriages

Useless child, they should have dashed her free to the unfortunate husband of an uncultured wife

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by chuksanambra: 12:15am On Jan 05, 2018
It's not all parts of the East, some greedy people sell their children and maximise profit.

Reminds me of a true story. One girl brought a man home to her parents in the East for marriage. After buying the required things and paying, the groom was made to pay exorbitant fees on the day of the trad by the bride's father and mother. Those who went with the man complained bitterly but the man kept quiet and paid.

After the wedding, the man informed his in laws that he didn't want to see them in his house as he had bought the wife. It was thought to be a joke until the wife delivered and the wife's mother was turned back at the gate of her daughter's house.

240 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by okway: 12:15am On Jan 05, 2018
Make I laugh cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by vicadex07(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by okway: 12:16am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:
She should shut the phuck up or take her useless rant to her father's compound.

So, she could not say this trash to her father's face when thwy were draining the husband, but she has the gall to carry the matter to FB an disgrace her entire family compound?

Useless child, may amadioha strike her and the keyboard she used to type this trash. They should have dashed her free to the unfortunate husband of an uncultyred wife

lol grin

You sound so pained.

I hope idiotic Ibo fathers that like selling their children like pigs are paying attention.

229 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 05, 2018
Kikikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki

Una go soon enter reserve....

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by PearlStreet(m): 12:17am On Jan 05, 2018
newyorks:
keep kwayeti. he married u cos u worth the spending. universities fees varies based on standard. save ursef the stress of shouting.

Yes na. Female children are investments for poor Igbos.

That's why you'll never see an Igbo man who has plenty children sitting in his shop. He'll always be tying wrapper at home like a trainee cripple and be chasing people away from his herd of daughters.

189 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by konkonbilo(m): 12:17am On Jan 05, 2018
grin grin grin You go fear ranting nau
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Babalegba(m): 12:17am On Jan 05, 2018
newyorks:
The ridiculous man will always defend the indefensible
Women are not commodities to be sold.Base your business on goods and not sell women.Many men mistreat ibo women because of the high marriage price and treat them like objects to get their monies worth.Stop selling your women.

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by PearlStreet(m): 12:17am On Jan 05, 2018
Fulanis rear cattle, Igbos rear women

When it's time for marriage, they maximise profit because those female children are sold out in marriage. This disrespectful attitude is why women aren't allowed to inherent property in Igboland.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by froshsteve(m): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2018
Ehyaaaa
The lord is your strength
Pele gan
Sorry
Dooo

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by LesbianBoy(m): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2018
Oh my God what is all these! These idiots should stop bringing everything online! angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by safarigirl(f): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2018
okway:

lol grin

You sound so pained.
I am pained at the level of disrespect exhibited by the lady. You cannot warn your father privately, but you brought family matter tk Facebook, to what end?

If her father is collecting ten million on her head, she should face him and not drag other innocent fathers into it.

May I never give birth to such a disrespectful child, what rubbish!

PS: Most Igbo women are not babymamas. Maybe her family is littered with them sha....and maybe she has begun to suffer in her husband's house, hence her useless words

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by jdluv(f): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2018
Commissioner of happiness will attendto this matter

24 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Bollinger(m): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:
Hmm ok.
Any man that cant pay for his woman bride price is not up to age to marry.
By the way its not by force to marry an igbo woman.. if u try and u no fit pay look elsewhere.

As for u friends who has "VOWED"..not to mmarry igbo women pls tell them to vow with ogun and amadioha so that the vow will strong well well...
Becoz im loving that vow let them keep away from our women pls and stick to their own who DONT SELL their kids..

NUFF SAID!!

Did you read the text of her rant? There is a difference between bride price and profiteering. It does not make any sense. You and i know that in some cultures it is basically a means to extort the groom for whatever reason. What does "if u try and u no fit pay look elsewhere" mean? Are you implying they are selling a human being? This shiit needs to stop.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by okway: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2018
newyorks:

Are Igbos the only ones that go to school in Nigeria? Keep excusing the sales of Igbo girls cheesy
Selling your children won’t impact their happiness in marriage.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2018
Does this have an impact on marriage (Late Marriages, ladies ready for marriage but no eligible men ), what i mean is , will this make many ladies not to get married on time, because if not then it would mean only the rich get married in igboland, clearly either exaggeration or it's on a per family cases. Am just curious I know nothing of this.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by policy12: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2018
If only our parents and so called relatives that do not contribute dime to one growth will try to make things easier for traditional marriage and stop seeing it as means of business may be life will be better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by free2ryhme: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2018
Yungkid101:
An Igbo lady is really angry about the cost of her traditional wedding as it has drained herself and her Isoko husband financially, to the point of being in debt.

She took to Facebook to rant about it. Read below…

https://www.tribesng.com/entertainment/lady-calls-igbo-fathers-says-husband-debt-after-spending-money-traditional-wedding/

© Shared By Gift Dah NewsSharer

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove, Fynestboi, MissyB3

if she had done this before marriage she would have regretted why she was born

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by idu1(m): 12:21am On Jan 05, 2018
undecided

That's why you see many aunty amaka and chioma roaming the street of lagos with their yam legs and heavenly powdered faces(trying to appear young) without husband. Especially IMO ladies. Make una continue.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Teniola2000: 12:21am On Jan 05, 2018
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by okway: 12:22am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:
I am pained at the level of disrespect exhibited by the lady. You cannot warn your father privately, but you brought family matter tk Facebook, to what end?

If hr father is collecting ten million on her head, she should face him and not drag other innocent fathers into it.

May I never give birth to such a disrespectful child, what rubbish!

She’s warning not only her father but also the useless greedy men that sale their children.

She ain’t the first person to mention this on social media.

84 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by PearlStreet(m): 12:22am On Jan 05, 2018
I have a question o.

All these Igbo girls that huskte) hustle in Pekas, King's Hotel, Ynot and other olosho joints in Lagos, would their parents greedily inflate their bride prices too?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Onyi42(m): 12:22am On Jan 05, 2018
Why don't this girl use her father/community name here and stop identifying with all igboes

My community require next to nothing for bride price

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Help.. My 4 Years Old Marriage Is Gradually Crashing Out. / Woman Almost Killed Her 12 Year Old Maid In Ibadan (Graphic Photos) / My Cousin Is Addicted To Weed, Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.