Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt (46513 Views)

Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by baby124: 12:22am On Jan 05, 2018
Community poverty alleviation scheme grin. Sounds like better life for rural men grin grin grin cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Sharmeenator(m): 12:23am On Jan 05, 2018
And I used to respect you o cry

safarigirl:
She should shut the phuck up or take her useless rant to her father's compound.

So, she could not say this trash to her father's face when they were draining the husband, but she has the gall to carry the matter to FB and disgrace her entire family compound? I hope they disown her if someone from her place comes across this post

Useless child, may amadioha strike her and the keyboard she used to type this trash. They should have dashed her free to the unfortunate husband of an uncultured wife

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Sunnymatey(m): 12:24am On Jan 05, 2018
Men can as well think North if they can withstand a hundred lashes of Koboko. U must give something in order to take a woman

4 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Gwilld(m): 12:24am On Jan 05, 2018
I stand with you ma. Even though bride price is Biblical, some father in-laws in Nigeria especially from a particular tribe are just too greedy, selfish, ignorant and too business minded when giving out their daughters for marriage. Thank you for speaking out while others wallow silently in their marriage debt. Some couples can't even collect wedding pictures after wedding, cos there is no money to pay. undecided undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Fulmigati: 12:26am On Jan 05, 2018
It is not her father's fault she married a broke man. If he can't afford the bride price he should f off. No one put a gun to his head.
As for charging non-Igbos to pay more bride price, keep up the good work grin

5 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by safarigirl(f): 12:26am On Jan 05, 2018
okway:

She’s warning not only her father but also the useless greedy men that sale their children.

She ain’t the first person to mention this on social media.

so, only Igbo men are greedy?

You think some families will not siphon money from a man once he is married to their daughter, be they Igbo or not?

She should have complained to her father and put her foot down when thwy were marrying her. Complaining on social media to who? Her father? Who does she want to reach out to? The old men that are not on Facebook or who?

She's a foolish person

14 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by berrystunn(m): 12:29am On Jan 05, 2018
PearlStreet:

Yes na. Female children are investments for poor Igbos.

That's why you'll never see an Igbo man who has plenty children sitting in his shop. He'll always be tying wrapper at home like a trainee cripple and be chasing people away from his herd of daughters.

Usu.. Get the meaning and run mad ...

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by berrystunn(m): 12:30am On Jan 05, 2018
Which state ....

Imo girl
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by berrystunn(m): 12:33am On Jan 05, 2018
PearlStreet:
Fulanis rear cattle, Igbos rear women

When it's time for marriage, they maximise profit because those female children are sold out in marriage. This disrespectful attitude is why women aren't allowed to inherent property in Igboland.

Come and marry for free...usu

That why your place marry 5 wife's.... Because is 2k for one

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by otipoju(m): 12:35am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:

So, she could not say this trash to her father's face when they were draining the husband, but she has the gall to carry the matter to FB and disgrace her entire family compound? I hope they disown her if someone from her place comes across this post

Useless child, may amadioha strike her and the keyboard she used to type this trash. They should have dashed her free to the unfortunate husband of an uncultured wife

I don't know your age but I know for sure that you are not okay.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by PearlStreet(m): 12:36am On Jan 05, 2018
berrystunn:

I guess that's your mother's nickname.

18 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by PearlStreet(m): 12:37am On Jan 05, 2018
berrystunn:

Come and marry for free...usu

That why your place marry 5 wife's.... Because is 2k for one

Elede, how many wives did Ojukwu marry?

You marry one wife because keeping numerous concubines is part of your tradition.

35 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by CaptainG00D: 12:38am On Jan 05, 2018
Bollinger:

Did you read the text of her rant? There is a difference between bride price and profiteering. It does not make any sense. You and i know that in some cultures it is basically a means to extort the groom for whatever reason. What does "if u try and u no fit pay look elsewhere" mean. Are you implying they are selling a human being? This shiit needs to stop.

What eva...
I have made my comment.
Make ur own and free me

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Obierika(m): 12:39am On Jan 05, 2018
Starting a new marriage in debt is not a good idea

15 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by I888(m): 12:39am On Jan 05, 2018
chuksanambra:
It's not all parts of the East, some greedy people sell their children and maximise profit.

Reminds me of a true story. One girl brought a man home to her parents in the East for marriage. After buying the required things and paying, the groom was made to pay exorbitant fees on the day of the trad by the bride's father and mother. Those who went with the man complained bitterly but the man kept quiet and paid.

After the wedding, the man informed his in laws that he didn't want to see them in his house had bought the wife. It was thought to be a joke until the wife delivered and the wife's mother was turned back at the gate of her daughter's house.
Good, very good!

4 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by safarigirl(f): 12:42am On Jan 05, 2018
otipoju:

I don't know your age but I know for sure that you are not okay.
it is people who support such foolish behaviour that are not okay.

It is not everything you post on Facebook, especially when you did nothing when you had the opportunity. She just came to Facebook to tell the world that she comes from a family of greedy opportunists.

BTW, you are a Yoruba guy, face your own culture and keep away from that of others, especially if you have no plans to join them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by berrystunn(m): 12:43am On Jan 05, 2018
PearlStreet:

Ok i agree am Elede, how many wives did I marry ?

I married one wife because keeping numerous concubines is part of my tradition.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Diso60090(m): 12:44am On Jan 05, 2018
She talk her problem come out and now the problem come even worst pass before

2018 May God deliver us from nairaland

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Reelectbuhari: 12:45am On Jan 05, 2018
Yungkid101:
An Igbo lady is really angry about the cost of her traditional wedding as it has drained herself and her Isoko husband financially, to the point of being in debt.

She took to Facebook to rant about it. Read below…

https://www.tribesng.com/entertainment/lady-calls-igbo-fathers-says-husband-debt-after-spending-money-traditional-wedding/

© Shared By Gift Dah NewsSharer

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove, Fynestboi, MissyB3

trash

y not marry an igboman na isoko u see

soon dey go join anoda girl add to u

mumu

6 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by tytunji29(m): 12:46am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:

So, she could not say this trash to her father's face when they were draining the husband, but she has the gall to carry the matter to FB and disgrace her entire family compound? I hope they disown her if someone from her place comes across this post. Let us see who she will run to when her own suffering begins since she assumes Igbo women are suffering in their marriages

Useless child, they should have dashed her free to the unfortunate husband of an uncultured wife
Pls borrow sense

14 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by berrystunn(m): 12:46am On Jan 05, 2018
PearlStreet:

If you call me usu

I guess that's my mother's nickname....too grin
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by hammerF6: 12:47am On Jan 05, 2018
IT IS NOT BY FORCE TO MARRY IGBO.

EVEN WITH BRIDE PRICE, ALL THE TRIBES IN NIGERIA WANT TO MARRY IGBO.

WAT IS IT SEF.

ARE U PEOPLE NOW USING MARRIAGE TO FIND OUR TROUBLE?

JUST BARE IN MIND THAT WE DONT WANT TO SHARE COUNTRY WITH MANY OF U, WE ARE FORCED TO LIVE IN THE SAME ENTITTY.

STOP MARRYING OUR WOMEN AND USE THEM AS MOUTH PIECE TO ATTACK OUR CULTURE.

HER FATHER OBSERVED THE SAME "RITE OF MARRIAGE" BEFORE HER MOTHER FOLLOWED HIM.

IF YOUR TRIBE DONT PAY BRIDE PRICE, THEN MARRY YOUR FREE WOMEN.

Y IS IT THAT WEN NON-IGBOS COME TO MARRY FROM IGBO LAND, THEY TAKE IT UPON DEMSELVES TO CHANGE ANOTHER MAN CULTURE?

ARE U SUPPOSE TO EVEN MARRY FROM US?

LEAVE IGBOS ALONE IN PEACE.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by tytunji29(m): 12:48am On Jan 05, 2018
berrystunn:

Haaaa y re u dis raz?
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Greenbullet(m): 12:49am On Jan 05, 2018
Sunnymatey:
Men can as well think North if they can withstand a hundred lashes of Koboko. U must give something in order to take a woman
rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by safarigirl(f): 12:49am On Jan 05, 2018
tytunji29:

Pls borrow sense
you too you're Yoruba. This is not your business.

If you understand what respect is, you would realise how wrong this girl is to take her grievances to Facebook, and look, it is only people that are not Igbo that are supporting her.

9 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by tossie101(f): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:

So, she could not say this trash to her father's face when they were draining the husband, but she has the gall to carry the matter to FB and disgrace her entire family compound? I hope they disown her if someone from her place comes across this post. Let us see who she will run to when her own suffering begins since she assumes Igbo women are suffering in their marriages

Useless child, they should have dashed her free to the unfortunate husband of an uncultured wife

U took my words out of my mouth my dear.
The gal is just stupid!.
To what gain is she bringing this issue in social media..
Cant he speak to her father?
Was her husband forced?.
Shez just plainly dumb..

I went to check her out on facebook.
All i saw was one local razz girl and i left.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by berrystunn(m): 12:52am On Jan 05, 2018
tytunji29:

Haaaa y re u dis raz?

Usu is not a bad name.....just a bat man ..

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Odehagain: 12:52am On Jan 05, 2018
okway:

lol grin

You sound so pained.

I hope Ibo fathers that like selling their children like pigs are paying attention.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by chronique(m): 12:52am On Jan 05, 2018
The girl does not have sense. How would this rant pay up the debt? She just came online to disgrace the family. Same family that you would run to if there is a problem. The family might not have done right but in this case,it doesn't make any sense dragging your family in the mud.

11 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by tossie101(f): 12:52am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:
If you understand what respect is, you would realise how wrong this girl is to take her grievances to Facebook, and look, it is only people that are not Igbo that are supporting her.

Ignore them u know u cant say anything that wil make then reason with u..
Thats how yorubas are.
Spitting igbos is their hubby..
Has made me grown some kind of dislike for them its a pity

4 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Greenbullet(m): 12:53am On Jan 05, 2018
Some foolish people are here slating Yoruba people, My friend married from a Yoruba Family and guess what, the father -in-law told the boy not to pay a dime for bride price, The cost of the wedding was shared between my friend and the father, right now my friend is in England with his wife, the money he intended to use for the bride price is what he used to process their travelling documents, I am the one in charge of building his house, at roofing stage, if the father was greedy like this IMO state man, the husbands life wouldn't have taken this turn !

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by tytunji29(m): 12:53am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:

Am nt suporting ha cos she spread her dirty lineage outside.....Bt ur response to dat coment dos it make sense to u?

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Woman Almost Killed Her 12 Year Old Maid In Ibadan (Graphic Photos) / My Cousin Is Addicted To Weed, Drugs / Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.