Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt (46465 Views)

Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by tbliss22(m): 4:20am On Jan 05, 2018
idu1:
undecided

That's why you see many aunty amaka and chioma roaming the street of lagos with their yam legs and heavenly powdered faces(trying to appear young) without husband. Especially IMO ladies. Make una continue.

Like seriously

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Coldfeets: 4:27am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:
I am pained at the level of disrespect exhibited by the lady. You cannot warn your father privately, but you brought family matter tk Facebook, to what end?

If her father is collecting ten million on her head, she should face him and not drag other innocent fathers into it.

May I never give birth to such a disrespectful child, what rubbish!

PS: Most Igbo women are not babymamas. Maybe her family is littered with them sha....and maybe she has begun to suffer in her husband's house, hence her useless words

She's warning Igbo FATHERS, as a matter of fact!

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by tbliss22(m): 4:31am On Jan 05, 2018
I don't know why this lady had to do this anyway but the man in question saw her and her people's culture before going in for the marriage.

She should just try and encourage her mam to get back to his feet. Ranting on social media won't change anything and as for those lashing on Igbo culture, that's the tradition, if you aren't OK with it then stay clear off their LADIES.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Odingo1: 4:37am On Jan 05, 2018
[/b]Other tribes want Igbos to make their women free for their lazy ass[b],go and try fulani or hausa women and know how far,if you are not Igbo and you dont have money to marry Igbo woman why not simply marry your tribe women.
Better soup na money kill am.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by vaca1: 4:43am On Jan 05, 2018
hammerF6:
IT IS NOT BY FORCE TO MARRY IGBO.

EVEN WITH BRIDE PRICE, ALL THE TRIBES IN NIGERIA WANT TO MARRY IGBO.

WAT IS IT SEF.

ARE U PEOPLE NOW USING MARRIAGE TO FIND OUR TROUBLE?

JUST BARE IN MIND THAT WE DONT WANT TO SHARE COUNTRY WITH MANY OF U, WE ARE FORCED TO LIVE IN THE SAME ENTITTY.

STOP MARRYING OUR WOMEN AND USE THEM AS MOUTH PIECE TO ATTACK OUR CULTURE.

HER FATHER OBSERVED THE SAME "RITE OF MARRIAGE" BEFORE HER MOTHER FOLLOWED HIM.

IF YOUR TRIBE DONT PAY BRIDE PRICE, THEN MARRY YOUR FREE WOMEN.

Y IS IT THAT WEN NON-IGBOS COME TO MARRY FROM IGBO LAND, THEY TAKE IT UPON DEMSELVES TO CHANGE ANOTHER MAN CULTURE?

ARE U SUPPOSE TO EVEN MARRY FROM US?

LEAVE IGBOS ALONE IN PEACE.
10 cartons of big stout only for you.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by tobiasbeecher: 4:50am On Jan 05, 2018
Babalegba:
The ridiculous man will always defend the indefensible
Women are not commodities to be sold.Base your business on goods and not sell women.Many men mistreat ibo women because of the high marriage price and treat them like objects to get their monies worth.Stop selling your women.
The way some of you reason is shocking! How many marriages between Igbo women and other men from elsewhere do you know to have reached that conclusion? And is it only Igbo women that suffer maltreatment in marriage? Even if they suffer maltreatment, how do you know it is because of the ''big'' money their husbands paid as the dowry that caused it? What of other women that are not Igbo that suffer maltreatment, what caused their maltreatment? I'm totally shocked at the level of your reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by princejayboss: 5:16am On Jan 05, 2018
It’s been a while since I jumped into this comment section of Nairaland

I have correct this young lady with few points.

1) your husband should be ashamed of himself for not being sincere to you on his financial status; in Igbo land, marriage traditional rights are not done once, it’s four stages (traditional wedding) so if the your husband saw the entire list from beginning to the final stage, he should be able to evaluate his finances; if his financial status can not carry the process; he should have asked for more time or back off.

2) As a Titled Igbo Man; I can proudly inform you that the traditional marriage rights in Igbo land is not a do or die affair; you can do some and leave some, all you need is have an understanding with your inlaws; you can even come and complete the rights when you have kids; who guess he was all this over proud broke brat; he used all his life earning on a traditional wedding just to impress.

3) to you the woman; I can totally understand why your family raised the price of everything, from your write up you said “you are back to Lagos” it’s obvious you are one of those who don’t visit home after your father must have spent so much to give you good education; now that you have a good job, your parents are now local people; after so many years you come home in December to have traditional marriage rights done in one day (the entire 4 stages) ... what do you expect.

4) you totally have reduced your worth and have given you hushpuppi husband who can’t take responsibility of his fake life style, the opportunity to turn into a training bag; good luck with that.

5) you are part of your major problem; when you wore 200k wrapper; wants a gold/diamond ring; Brazilian/human hair and probably 25 girls as ashobi hence you bought their gears ... why won’t you go broke? After impressing, who is suffering?

If we study this case very closely, your entire clothing Arsenal and that of your ashobi will cost multiple of what ever was spent on the traditional rights because last time I checked most Igbo communities hardly take big money for bride price ( my village is 1000 for non-villagers while 100naira for our own)

6) you and your husband should learn to take responsibilities; yes you both have to stand and accept you messed up; as a woman marry a man who is good in shifting responsibilities to you because thing got bad; madam run

He went broke because he did not have a stable financial status going into a wedding, now he is putting it on your people and the zombie girl is accepting that by coming to the social media to call out her family; I wonder who you will run to when he start to box ?

7) From her write up I can probably say that she sponsored 70% of the traditional marriage; you should be ashamed that you have no dignity in you; you are supposed to support him not paying up for the cost of your own marriage, if he can’t handle his problems now. When will he start?

cool finally am worried with this stereotyping of complaining in Traditional marriage but it comes to white wedding it will be a success irrespective of the cost; let’s not forget that traditional marriage is the authentic marriage process followed by court marriage; white wedding is the biggest stupidity of black race

In conclusion; my dear Ada Igbo, count your losses but your husband must come real to you; you have to live within his financial class

Ekene m unu

8 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by agarawu23(m): 5:17am On Jan 05, 2018
Attention seeker

You can't control your parents when they were demanding for heaven and earth?

Only hungry family will be billing their daughter husband to be. They might want to escape poverty With the marriage of their daughter. lipsrsealed

When an igbo man married my aunty, we gave him our list but surprisingly, he bought x 2 of our demand. You should know what I mean. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by NoToPile: 5:18am On Jan 05, 2018
The brideprice is never the problem , it's always small money it's the 'lists' that's always the problem and I think it has to do with the communal nature of the Igbos, it's the whole community in the village that gives out the daughter (according to what an igbo friend told me) so you have to settle them.

But where I come from the father of the bride is the sole decision maker (one uncle can't stand somewhere and start demanding) so he can modify and even tell the groom to bring whatever he can bring and it's what he brings that will be shared with family.

By the way she shouldn't have brought this online abeg she and hubby should have negotiated the list.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Ndubuisi1075: 5:21am On Jan 05, 2018
chuksanambra:
It's not all parts of the East, some greedy people sell their children and maximise profit.

Reminds me of a true story. One girl brought a man home to her parents in the East for marriage. After buying the required things and paying, the groom was made to pay exorbitant fees on the day of the trad by the bride's father and mother. Those who went with the man complained bitterly but the man kept quiet and paid.

After the wedding, the man informed his in laws that he didn't want to see them in his house had bought the wife. It was thought to be a joke until the wife delivered and the wife's mother was turned back at the gate of her daughter's house.
Good one.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by agarawu23(m): 5:22am On Jan 05, 2018
Sunnymatey:
Men can as well think North if they can withstand a hundred lashes of Koboko. U must give something in order to take a woman
really? Including your life and all your savings?
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by otokx(m): 5:26am On Jan 05, 2018
desreek9:
And she had to call out her father on facebook, see what social media has caused, everything must be said online, smh

Didnt she see the list before it was given to her inlaws, she should have gone for court marriage then if she wasnt comfortable with the arrangements

Easier said.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by otokx(m): 5:28am On Jan 05, 2018
This extortionist culture is also moving slowly into the south south.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by giles14(m): 5:28am On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:
Hmm ok so Ur hubby paid dowry and became broke.? Rubbish!!!.
Any man that cant pay for his woman bride price is not ready for marriage n parenthood..
By the way its not by force to marry an igbo woman... look elsewhere where women are cheap.

As for ur friends who has "VOWED" not to marry igbo women pls tell them to vow with amadioha and ogun so that the vow will strong well well.
Becoz im loving that vow let them keep away from our women pls and stick to their own who "dont sell" their kids.

Pls pls all igbo parents should increase the brideprice more let them leave our gals alone becoz its getting too much pls. angry

NUFF SAID!!
shout up.

lazy IMO man,

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Princedapace(m): 5:28am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:
it is people who support such foolish behaviour that are not okay.

It is not everything you post on Facebook, especially when you did nothing when you had the opportunity. She just came to Facebook to tell the world that she comes from a family of greedy opportunists.

BTW, you are a Yoruba guy, face your own culture and keep away from that of others, especially if you have no plans to join them

My dear, don't mind nairaland and her tribal bigots. No body forced anyone from marrying any body. She saw the list, she could av rejected it.

She could av opted to run with her husband. This nonsense rant online is useless. I doubt of the girl is even igbo. It may even be a fake account.

As for billing during marriage.. I just laugh at most Niaralanders.. Their hatred for anything igbo is top class..

Even in the north, some families give husband to be an expensive list. U keep buying expensive things till u get tired.. I av witnessed this live. Very expensive items the family of the lady requested.

Some families in the west does same too. There are many igbo families without expensive lists. It all depends on the family and has nothing to do with culture.. In my village, marriage is very cheap. It depends on the family bikooo..

I also see some useless people here calling igbo girls ashawo and all that.. I don't know what this platform is turning into.

I sincerely hate this platform. I may consider leaving it. The tribal insult is too much. All these Yoruba, Hausa, benue, idoma, ashawo wey dey enugu, Ibadan, Jos, kano etc are they not Nigerians? So why should a reasonable human come here and insult igbos and call their girls ashawo?

The type of country we are building is scary. nairaland has become a platform to insult entire ethnic group. I am disappointed..

6 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by AjiAmu(m): 5:30am On Jan 05, 2018
Smh...see foolish nigerians insulting the innocent girl who decided to fight against extortion..I pity anyone who tries to fight injustice in nigeria..those same people you're fighting for will be the ones to kill you

5 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by yommen: 5:32am On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:
Any man that cant pay for his woman bride price is not ready for marriage n parenthood..
By the way its not by force to marry an igbo woman... look elsewhere where women are cheap.

As for ur friends who has "VOWED" not to marry igbo women pls tell them to vow with amadioha and ogun so that the vow will strong well well.
Becoz im loving that vow let them keep away from our women pls and stick to their own who "dont sell" their kids.

Pls pls all igbo parents should increase the brideprice more let them leave our gals alone becoz its getting too much pls. angry

NUFF SAID!!

You won't find sense in what she said because you are beclouded by bigotry. This is actually coming from one of your own girls 'gangan' but all your nonsense shows what you are made of. What's so special about your girls self? Wetin dem get wey others no get? No tribe has the monopoly of good. Every tribe has its share of the good and the bad. I'm not saying ibos are not good people but even in all culture, there are shortcomings that look too odd for the modern life.

I'm Yoruba to my marrow! We dont sell our girls. The harvests of our labour on our children are expected to be day in day out, week in week out, month in month out, year in year out. Our harvests are expected to be continuous and If you insist that Igbo parents increase the market price of their daughters and sell off their lifetime harvest for a week of harvest, congratulations.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Malawian(m): 5:32am On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:

NUFF SAID!!
There is one list I typed for someone, honestly, the volume of requirements inside made me shiver. Things as archiac as Kerosene lamp was even included.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by otokx(m): 5:37am On Jan 05, 2018
If you no go you no know.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by eenai(m): 5:47am On Jan 05, 2018
Igbos have the highest number of beautiful girls in Nigeria. But they should take it easy. Things are pretty difficult and they should learnt to see in-laws as family.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by oshaosha2014(m): 5:49am On Jan 05, 2018
They want to eat their cake and still have it.
chuksanambra:
It's not all parts of the East, some greedy people sell their children and maximise profit.

Reminds me of a true story. One girl brought a man home to her parents in the East for marriage. After buying the required things and paying, the groom was made to pay exorbitant fees on the day of the trad by the bride's father and mother. Those who went with the man complained bitterly but the man kept quiet and paid.

After the wedding, the man informed his in laws that he didn't want to see them in his house had bought the wife. It was thought to be a joke until the wife delivered and the wife's mother was turned back at the gate of her daughter's house.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by newyorks(m): 5:50am On Jan 05, 2018
okway:

Are Igbos the only ones that go to school in Nigeria? Keep excusing the sales of Igbo girls cheesy
Selling your children won’t impact their happiness in marriage.
i use university to describe to u how people like u should cut their cloth based on size. choose from whr u can afford.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by RALPHOW(m): 5:52am On Jan 05, 2018
Never mind those guys that comment first, they must be directly or indirectly beneficiaries of that stupid price tags on these women like shop-rite goods.
Some of them hope to start business from the sales of their sisters. Many Igbo ladies are not looking for a man that loves them again but who can pay the stupid price tag.
They just move to the man's house like a commodity, unloved ram or goat waiting to be slaughter.
Please Igbo should do something about this stupid price tag, these ladies are human being not commodities. Face your business to make money. Many of them can not marry who loves them but who can afford the stupid price tag. KANU this is a job for ipob.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Follygunners: 5:59am On Jan 05, 2018
Onyi42:
Why don't this girl use her father/community name here and stop identifying with all igboes

My community require next to nothing for bride price

If you be Ibo, you dey lie!
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by solidmyk(m): 6:00am On Jan 05, 2018
Odingo1:
[/b]Other tribes want Igbos to make their women free for their lazy ass[b],go and try fulani or hausa women and know how far,if you are not Igbo and you dont have money to marry Igbo woman why not simply marry your tribe women.
Better soup na money kill am.
Afta all ur women don enta menopause for their papa aus abi?

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Sewgon79(m): 6:02am On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:

NUFF SAID!!

Why must you guys be so tribalist in everything

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by emmyw(m): 6:02am On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:

NUFF SAID!!
I Conquer

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Rejoice5000(f): 6:03am On Jan 05, 2018
Your new MRS still dey shark u for body;be mute biko:IGBO AMAKA

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 05, 2018
safarigirl:
She should shut the phuck up or take her useless rant to her father's compound.

So, she could not say this trash to her father's face when they were draining the husband, but she has the gall to carry the matter to FB and disgrace her entire family compound? I hope they disown her if someone from her place comes across this post. Let us see who she will run to when her own suffering begins since she assumes Igbo women are suffering in their marriages

Useless child, they should have dashed her free to the unfortunate husband of an uncultured wife

From some of your posts, I deduce that you are paying your way through school. So who will be paid for your own dowry?

It’s not just bride price. 7 years ago, a guy in our office died in an accident (not on duty) .his family were all about the money. It was very very disgusting. People in the office were sad, and the victims family members were grumbling about insurance money, you must give his brother a job, etc, etc. The whole thing just became an avenue to make money.

I actually believe this hefty bride price issue is one of the reasons the treatment of widows is so vile.

The rest of us cannot understand the commodification of what should be a happy ceremony. All it leads to is people marrying when they are old, as a marriage becomes a financial milestone. I had dated my wife for five years, within four months of getting a good partying job, I got married. If we had been ibo, maybe I would have had to save for another five or six years. Who will wait that long? That on its own means that most ibo women will never marry their first loves, and that most ibo men understand that they will not marry their first loves.i saw one or two cases in school where ibo chicks dumped their boyfriends for wealthier workers. Today I can see it for what it was, pragmatism. It was clear that the wealthy boyfriends would be able to marry within a short while, while it would be a minimum of six years before the bf could even think of getting married.

All of that you must prove you are fit to wed is bs, imho. My ability to spend big money on a ceremony is in no way a measure of my finincial capability. Everyday on NL, people are chastised for planning expensive weddings and drinking garri after.

A marriage is supposed to be for life, while a wedding is for a day.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by newoffer: 6:14am On Jan 05, 2018
in my own case, a woman I don't know at all was bragging in my traditional. I asked her if I was at her daughter's traditional, so she coordinate herself. It is just an act of wickedness . Imagine people who married wit only 2keg of palm wine and grasscutter shouting at my trad.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by majamajic(m): 6:23am On Jan 05, 2018
grin he paid bride price and got brooke ...if they do wedding nko ?

since she know that the husband is not buoyant enough. ..... why not do white wedding in the morning and use traditional wedding as the white wedding reception ? to to cut expenses

and even if u marry a particular tribe for free.... the weekly parties and weekly buying of Aso Ebi that follows nko ?

so there's no where marriage is cheap.... just coat your coat according to your size.

in igbo land where I come from, if u want bride price to be cheap for u ..it will, if your husband behave like Dangote to them, they will milk him like Dangote. some girls will boast that my husband this my husband that..the village people will all bring out their straws and start sucking

when my sis got married, our in law came with few items and decided to do others with cash..its always cheaper that way. even though anambra is not on high side still it's better to use brain during igbo traditional marriages.

for non igbos, try work things out with your bride's first son of her family. tell him how u wants it, be open to him... man on man.

sincerely if paying of bride pride render u poor and into debts. . u are not ripe for marriage, since u can't calculate yourself !!!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by OliveCynosure(f): 6:24am On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:

NUFF SAID!!
Where women are cheap? I'm sorry but, you reason idly
No woman is cheap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Woman Almost Killed Her 12 Year Old Maid In Ibadan (Graphic Photos) / Plain T-shirt At N3,300 Only / Between A Guy And A Girl Begging For Alm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.