Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG (20466 Views)

Open Heavens Devotional / Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer / RCCG Prohibits Unauthorised Publishing Of Its Open Heavens Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 07, 2018
Make una start to pay tax abeg
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by jeeqaa7(m): 9:05am On Jan 07, 2018
Use the tithes you collect and augment it
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Johnrake69: 9:07am On Jan 07, 2018
Profiteering is now the order of the day. Therefore, the words written by these men are intellectual property, which they believe it should earn them money even when they try to convince us that they heard from God.

Now what happens to "freely have you received freely shall you give"?

Let this world end already.

7 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by 1shortblackboy: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2018
Pavore9:
IF this is real then it is a big mess up because the motive is on sales rather than the number the "messagr"is spread to.
it is a copyright infringement and against d law. Besides money was used to publish it and they need the money from d sales to continue publishing

3 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by greypencils: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2018
And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. BUT WHEN THE TRUTH IS NOT FREE...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by madridsta007(m): 9:08am On Jan 07, 2018
odiereke:
This is serious oooo. I thought sharing words of God should be appreciated by all.

Ever heard the word called, “piracy”?

It’s a crime in sane countries. Copyright infringement is illegal. A crime.
I’m sure you know this. Do not let the emotional urge to mock the church becloud your sense of judgement.

3 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by helphelp: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2018
Cc Daddy GO

Mummy GO

Son GO

Daughter GO

Son in-law GO

And the list goes on

1 Like

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by adanny01(m): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2018
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by adanny01(m): 9:14am On Jan 07, 2018
I need an electronic version of the devotional and am ready to pay for it. Why do they insist on the printed copy especially at this time and age? Where is the android app. The payment i heard is problematic for last year.

At my location, even the printed version is not available. Its bad that even the price is not affordable.

How much does a bible cost compared to how much this devotional cost?

If the cost of printing is the problem, they should upload a pdf copy online and see how far it will go. It sends a wrong message to try doing this after other means of electronic copies of this devotional are not available.

Though this site http://www.openheavensdaily.org seem to be authentic, its only stressful to go online to access the devotional, what if i am out of network coverage?

4 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by iDRAW(m): 9:14am On Jan 07, 2018
This is how God is exposing end time activities of men. Damn!

2 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by AnodaIT(m): 9:16am On Jan 07, 2018
1shortblackboy:
it is a copyright infringement and against d law. Besides money was used to publish it and they need the money from d sales to continue publishing
Proceeds from offering and partnership is used for production of evangelical materials and should be given free

10 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Omooba77: 9:16am On Jan 07, 2018
odiereke:
This is serious oooo. I thought sharing words of God should be appreciated by all.

There is e- Open Heavens and it is there copyright which most of us including me was guilty before
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Nasa28(m): 9:19am On Jan 07, 2018
It's alright
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Kposkila: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2018
madridsta007:

I’m sure you know this. Do not let the emotional urge to mock the church becloud your sense of judgement.
If you say it's called piracy den in those saner clime too, churches pay tax to d govt.

9 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by africanusvu(m): 9:22am On Jan 07, 2018
Waiting for when you will also announce that collection of Tithes ar very Illegal

1 Like

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Shawnnn01: 9:23am On Jan 07, 2018
1shortblackboy:

You are not wise for this comment. How do Jehovah witness finance the sharing of their print all over the globe ? Well, I simply take it that you are not knowledgeable about what you speak.

If spreading of the gospel as turned to pirating, pls tell me who are the publishers paying for repeating the story of redemption / Jesus or did they bring the story from heaven ?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by InvertedHammer: 9:24am On Jan 07, 2018
I believe that the God that created Africans are different from the ones that created the rest of the world. Other races have used science and technology to make life worth living on earth. But Africans especially Nigerians are so hopeless about life on earth that they take solace in preparing for afterlife which explains why corruption, ailment, disease and other indices of poverty is domiciled in that God forsaken continent.

Other races lead while Africans are comfortable at the bottom of the barrel. The saddest part is that Africa is home to all the natural resources that other races need to survive. But like morons, they cannot adequately evaluate these resources until other races assign value to them. Very pathetic.
\

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Pavore9: 9:24am On Jan 07, 2018
1shortblackboy:

Is it being reprinted and sold? If the true intention is to get the message across to as many people as possible why not go digital which eliminates the cost of printing and distribution?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 07, 2018
smiley
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by onwards: 9:27am On Jan 07, 2018
madridsta007:

You are very wrong.

The material sent over whatsapp broadcasts are usually properly referenced. Credit is given to the source i.e the Open Heavens Devotional.
Also, only a section is sent at a time not the entire material.

This rules out any illegality you have inferred. Read up "Fair Use Exemption in Copyright Law"

Please, don't misinform the public just to score cheap points.

Happy sunday.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Lomprico2: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2018
Thank God, all my rccg friends will stop sending me those long messages on whatsapp.

Phew! smiley
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by onwards: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2018
1shortblackboy:

It isn't copyright infringement.

See my response the other person who shares the same flawed opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Firstcitizen: 9:33am On Jan 07, 2018
1shortblackboy:
Dem pay any royalty for bible wey dem dey copy put for the devotional?

9 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Lomprico2: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2018
onwards:

You are very wrong.

The material sent over whatsapp broadcasts are usually properly referenced. Credit is given to the source i.e the Open Heavens Devotional.
Also, only a section is sent at a time not the entire material.

This rules out any illegality you have inferred. Read up "Fair Use Exemption in Copyright Law"

Please, don't misinform the public just to score cheap points.

Happy sunday.

That's why they are called sheepies, they defend even what they know nothing about.

5 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by ProfitMaxBiz: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2018
Is religion now a business? The Word of God, according to the Holy Scriptures, is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

As a business entity, we are bewildered by this kind of monetary motive of the RCCG Leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by sanerugwei: 9:37am On Jan 07, 2018
hakeem4:
But your bible is plagiarising other pagan religion story.

Care to explain further or forever keep your baseless insinuation to yourself.
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by smalls001: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2018
It's all about the BENJAMINS grin grin grin grin
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Pataricatering(f): 9:50am On Jan 07, 2018
So what is tithe for ? Is tithe not supposed to be used to spread the word of God ?
1shortblackboy:

2 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by adekhingz(m): 9:51am On Jan 07, 2018
Guys, just respect their decision and move on* Period!!!
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by playcharles(m): 9:59am On Jan 07, 2018
Churches ehhh, then it's is illegal lifting bible passages that is being used on Open Heavens Devotional without authority from KJV, Good News, Standard Version , etc at least they have offices in london, usa, Switzerland , etc

5 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by linearity: 9:59am On Jan 07, 2018
1shortblackboy:

Copyright Infringement on God’s word?

How much is been paid in royalties to the original translators of the Bible or you think money was not spend in the process?

3 Likes

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by TobiDirax(m): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2018
madridsta007:

Leaving sentiment aside, I feel the memo should have been more focused on those publishing the Open Heaven Devotional through print media for sale. The OHD is intellectual property of the Redeemed Christian church hence no one should be making profit there on without permission of the church. However, sharing through whatsapp and other social media platform is my turn off. I have benefited immensely through sharing the word on whatsapp and I am certain so many can also say the same, the church should be more focused on the number of people the word is getting to. What do we have to say about people publishing the word of God for free. God is not a liar He will sure established His word and the ministry will continue irrespective of money coming or not from the sale of this devotionals. My take though

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / How Chris & Anita Oyakhilome’s Children Are Coping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.