Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG (20466 Views)

Open Heavens Devotional / Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer / RCCG Prohibits Unauthorised Publishing Of Its Open Heavens Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Julivas(m): 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
Let respect their decision nd seek how to get the permission to broadcast it. Please any person with how to get the permission should mention me. Thanks.
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Iamzik:

Bros for every devotional I've see on whatsapp there is proper reference to the source and credit is always given to the author and the church.
Only the content for the current day is broadcast

Beside the posters don't sell or collect money in exchange for the broadcast.

Is the open heavens money driven or impact driven?

And who did the church obtain permission from before quoting all those Bible verses used in the message.

Inasmuch as I understand that profit must be made, sharing the word should not be prohibited.

I know RCCG church whatsapp groups that have defied this order and still shares the devotional daily. You cannot police cyberspace.

Enough said already.

Brother,
I totally understand what you are saying......the people that I've seen here on N.L. have given proper credit to the source. But the issue is not about giving citations....

The church obtained permission from Christ who has expressly stated in

Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Psalm 119:105 (KJV)
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

So with many other scripture verses that I could quote, God has given His children the right to read, meditate on, teach to and live by His Word....
In fact, that's the only way to know who He is...and how to spread Him to the world.
SO in writing their devotionals, of course the need to provide scriptural reference would exist. People aren't just reading the message without some scriptural backing....it then would only become that person's words...without the Holy Spirit guiding.

It's simple...speak with the church officials on how to go about distributing their info. They didn't say that it couldn't be done at all....
They just have requirements....
It's called respect for their right..
But we can agree to disagree..
Blessings to u....and I'm a lady smiley

1 Like

Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2018
nicemuyoo:
The church should allow free sharing of devotionals so far it's not for monetary gains.
This clarifies and reflects the spirit behind the church's efforts of publishing such devotional- to spread the gospel or otherwise.
When the disciples saw a man preaching, praying and healing people in Yashua's name they try to stop him and informed yahshua about it, yahshua answers leave him alone, he is helping to spread the gospel, he is not an enemy.
MARK 9:38-40
38“Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

39“Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40for whoever is not against us is for us. 

Ok brother,
Just speak with the church officials about it...and see what they say if you feel so strongly about it.
Perhaps communication with "them" would be an option because I don't know their hearts on this issue.
Blessings to you.
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by mechanics(m): 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
To my own understanding, what they meant is that using any of the information to produce any material is illegal without authorization, sharing open heaven's from their home page on facebook is not illegal.
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by madridsta007(m): 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Justbright:

U are just saying rubbish.... When did d world of God becomes something u prohibit its spread?....is adeboye and d likes d owner of d Bible passages dey quote Ind said open heaven?...we should stop defending illegality cos u want to prove a point...enough of dis nonesense

LOL.
Sai Buhari.
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by hakeem4(m): 6:16am On Jan 08, 2018
ollah1:

Jewish books ?? But Psalm, Isiah, Malachi , Deuteronomy et al are always quoted. Who are you deceiving?
i said the bible is plagiarized. And I know what I’m saying
Re: Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG by Ademolu2002(m): 6:20am On Jan 08, 2018
odiereke:
This is serious oooo. I thought sharing words of God should be appreciated by all.

Exactly! And social media could be far-reaching than any other medium. But because of their selfish interest of making money through the sales of the hard copies of the book, they are frowning at it.
May God deliver them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / How Chris & Anita Oyakhilome’s Children Are Coping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.