Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals (12942 Views)

Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. / Dorcas Shola Fapson Arrests Taxify Driver, Henry Chukwuemeka, To Meet In Court / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by babablogger: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2018
It’s the beginning of a new year. And while we may be making resolutions on new habits we want to acquire and others we want to drop, some of our dreams such as travelling are still very much achievable. To bring your fantasy of wanderlust to reality, what exactly do you have to do you may ask?
To give you an idea on how you could get this done, I have put together some ideas that I am certain could work if put to practice. Don’t just read this, start parking and start exploring right away.

(1) Pick a place.
Sometimes the problem is we are waiting to be rich enough to travel to the most exotic places all at once, or we have this fantasy of round the world trips all at once. In reality it doesn’t really work that way. Just pick a place, a state you have never been to. Or a nearby country within the continent you have never been to. Start with the ones your country shares a border with. Once you have your mind set on where you want to go that is close and affordable, you are one step closer to meeting your 2018 travel goals.

(2)Get a travel Buddy.
Traveling solo has its perks. But for a first time adventurer, you might want to have someone to tag along with. This move has safety and economic advantages. You get to split the bills with someone as well as have someone look out for you as well on your adventure. A travel buddy also makes the trip twice the fun.

(3)Research your destination.
It is important for you to research your destination as the first part of planning your trip. Know what transportation options are available, know what the weather is like. Find out what the currency is and where to change if going outside the country. Know about points of interests that deserve a visit.

(4)Use Social Media to find new friends in your destination.
As part of researching your destination, you could also use Social Media to look out for friends who are in your destination. Looking forward to meeting new people in your destination can be a motivation for traveling. Be careful though and make sure that these aren’t new persons you are only beginning to talk to, the older and more verified these people are the better. Also, do not meet them alone. Ever. Public places serve a good meeting point for meet ups.

(5)Cheap Hotels
Some of the heaviest cost for travelers are incurred on hotels and accommodation. Skip this barrier by searching for cheap hotels in Abuja, cheap hotels in Lagos, cheap hotels in Kaduna or wherever your destination is. As expensive as some of these cities could be, there are really decent hotels for the budget travel with top services that would give you a comfortable stay. Use the filter on the hotel booking portal to select cheapest first. You would be amazed by the results you would find.

(6)Discount. Vouchers. Promos.
Look out for hotel and flight promos, hotels discounts codes and vouchers. This would help reduce cost and get you great deals on luxury services you may otherwise not have been able to afford. Jumia Travel is currently offering Anniversary discounts so you might want to take advantage of that.

(7)Travel off Peak Period.
Peak period in Nigeria for travel is the 2nd week of December through the 1st week of January, the weekend of Easter, between July and September, as well as, every other weekend all year round really. To avoid the hike in prices on bus tickets, flight tickets, hotel rooms and food, its best to travel during the periods out of the window listed above.

(coolTravel Light
One of the biggest deterrents for many on making the trip they have always wanted to make is that they do not know how to travel light. And when faced with packing for a trip and not going at all, they would rather not go. If you want to achieve your 2018 travel goals, learn to travel light. Have a small bag that is a dedicated travel bag and endeavor not to pack anything beyond that and a small handbag for personal effects. He who travels light, travels far. Some wise person said that.

(9)Collaborate
Another way to achieve your travel goals is to collaborate with individuals and corporate bodies. Have an idea, look for people who are willing to work on it with you. From photographers to writers to environmentalists and NGO’s if there is something you can offer to these people on your trip, they would be no doubt willing to work with you and offset some of your bills as long as you are bringing something of value to them in return.

(10)Travel with Expedition and Tour Groups.
There is a lot of travel and tourism small businesses organizing trips for Nigerians and foreigners within and outside the country. These groups visit some of the exotic tourist locations in Nigeria and around Africa from time to time. Among them are Social Prefect, The Village Pot Adventures, The DARE Experience, Naija Nomads, Unravelling Nigeria, Globe Jaunters and a couple of others. Trips are planned all year round for exciting places like Bauchi and its amazing Forest Reserve and natural green landscape, Kajuru Castle in Kaduna, Obudu Moutain Resort in Calabar, the ancient Olumo Rock, The epic Erin Ijesha Waterfall and so many similar places around the country. Going with a group helps you past the barrier of having to plan the trip and take care of the finer details of your adventure.

http://www.babasalami.com/2018/01/11-ways-to-meet-your-2018-travel-goals.html?m=1

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by alphaconde(m): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
myners007:

WIZARD
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by Iyajelili(f): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
The only way i can meet any travel goal this year is to make more money as i never smell airport breeze talk more of ticket na him go dey find travel buddy. Oluwa bless me o

10 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by ibukun147(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
Smiles...good idea,i prayed they won't land to lybia again
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by hezy4real01(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
This post make sense

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by Fynestboi: 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
Noted
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by calobinna(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2018
I go travel go California, go buy weed...
That one sure pass
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by eruchboy(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
;DBuhari needs this coz he's going back to daura
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by oshe11: 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
My Goal is too become RICHER.....

Travelling aint a problem when I've gotten the Benjiz
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by Pavore9: 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
Intend doing a road trip to Kigali within the year if I can squeeze out time.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by SIRKAY98(m): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ok
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by Origin(f): 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
The only thing you need is for N1 = $1.
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
2017 was a great travel year for me, toured the country like my life depended on it, visiting places of interest and taking in nature. Though I did most of my travels alone, having a travel buddy would have been more fun.
Travelling is my favourite recreation.
This year should be for more of international travels, going worldwide grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by Jaykolo10(m): 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
Fine tips
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by MsFaith: 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2018
Pavore9:
Intend doing a road trip to Kigali within the year if I can squeeze out time.
Where is that?
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by drey69(m): 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
10 ways to meet travel goals and you ain't talking having more than enough dough on you

Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by drey69(m): 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
MsFaith:

Where is that?
Rwanda, Know your continent biko. This is 2018
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by MsFaith: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2018
Frenchfriez:
2017 was a great travel year for me, toured the country like my life depended on it, visiting places of interest and taking in nature.
This year should be for more of international travels, going worldwide grin

Which places did you visit? I also want to start to tour, just don't know how to start
Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by MsFaith: 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
drey69:

Rwanda, Know your continent biko. This is 2018

No vex biko, I didn't know my question is that offensive to you

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by drey69(m): 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
MsFaith:

No vex biko, I didn't know my question is that offensive to you
Lol...no offense meant biko

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals by AleAirHub(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Oya add me as your travel buddy cheesy
Iyajelili:
The only way i can meet any travel goal this year is to make more money as i never smell airport breeze talk more of ticket na him go dey find travel buddy. Oluwa bless me o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Canada Immigration Lawyer David Cohen Helps Nigerians Get Permanent Residence / How Do I Get A Police Character Report? / My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.