Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians (1873 Views)

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / Grace Preachers Are Babies, This Is What They Don't Know. (FOR CHRISTIANS ONLY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
Seeing that the Christian community is a group of believers in God, also since all CHRISTIANS know that the topic before us had, has, and will continue to spark controversies between even well meaning believers.
We affirm basically that no one should discriminate the other, every Christian is allowed to explain his view concerning this HIGH-TOPIC
EVEN we ourselves don't affirm that we know it, we only trust God to help in our endeavors

So back to the topic above

1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

Pls I hereby call all Christian faithfuls to come tell us their views...

No one discriminates the other ..
Views might argued but then ALL KNOWS THAT IT'S ONLY GOD WHO CHANGES PEOPLE..
AT LEAST WE ALL HAVE 1 THING IN COMMON, THAT CHRIST DIED TO SAVE US FROM SIN...

GOD BLESS

mrpresident1 flamingREED julivas enilove salvation101 jiggaz 5solas sciecewatch otr1 mimopel tomhagen didov1
Emmanystone petra1 joagbaje solite3 julivas Goshen360 ken4christ bloodofthelamb jeruzi ichuka

Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ferisidowu:
Seeing that the Christian community is a group of believers in God, also since all CHRISTIANS know that the topic before us had, has, and will continue to spark controversies between even well meaning believers.
We affirm basically that no one should discriminate the other, every Christian is allowed to explain his view concerning this HIGH-TOPIC
EVEN we ourselves don't affirm that we know it, we only trust God to help in our endeavors

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

GOD BLESS

mrpresident1 flamingREED julivas enilove salvation101 jiggaz 5solas sciecewatch otr1

The sin that is unto death is Apostasy. It can only be committed by someone who had once known Jesus and willingly denied him and went back to the world.. I will elaborate more on dis by tomorrow
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by jiggaz(m): 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ferisidowu:

GOD BLESS

mrpresident1 flamingREED julivas enilove salvation101 jiggaz 5solas sciecewatch otr1

To be truthful bro, i can't explain this verse... Lemme read comments.
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2018
salvation101:
The sin that is unto death is Apostasy. It can only be committed by someone who had once known Jesus and willingly denied him and went back to the world.. I will elaborate more on dis by tomorrow

Thanks a lot dear really appreciate, God bless...

Besides did you see my email to you?
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
jiggaz:
To be truthful bro, i can't explain this verse... Lemme read comments.

Lolz alright ... May God help us.... The verse is in truth ,,,hard,,

Lot debate and argument concerning it over centuries
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by jiggaz(m): 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Lolz alright ... May God help us.... The verse is in truth ,,,hard,,

Lot debate and argument concerning it over centuries
cheesy yeah
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
jiggaz:
cheesy yeah

I hope people will come tell us their views...

Very sure we'd learn something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by jiggaz(m): 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ferisidowu:

I hope people will come tell us their views...

Very sure we'd learn something
yeah

1 Like

Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by flamingREED(m): 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
Sin unto death can be understood in a number of Biblical ways.

1) THE BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST which is the same thing as apostasy is unpardonable and is a sin until death.
I believe this is the case as it involves the Third Person without whose operation there can be no conviction of sin and repentance.

2) RISKY SINS that might not give the doer any chance to repent because they perished in the act:
Armed robbery - Achan; Fighting against Christ - Herod; Sacrilege - Ananaias and Saphira; Nadab, Abihu, Korah, Uzzah; and all Wilful Sins of those who know the truth of such sins perfectly.

3) SINNING TILL DEATH AND BY PUSHING FORWARD THE DAY OF SALVATION which may never come.

4) THOSE WHO WOULD TAKE THE ANTICHRIST MARK though this is futuristic.

SINS NOT UNTO DEATH are so named because those that do them are basically ignorant or mistaken,
And God knows that the doers can be corrected so an emergency exit is opened unto them through believers' watchfulness, intercession and exhortation. Such people usually become awakened, surprised and repent.
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
flamingREED:
Sin unto death can be understood in a number of Biblical ways.

1) THE BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST which is the same thing as apostasy is unpardonable and is a sin until death.
I believe this is the case as it involves the Third Person without whose operation there can be no conviction of sin and repentance.

2) RISKY SINS that might not give the doer any chance to repent because they perished in the act:
Armed robbery - Achan; Fighting against Christ - Herod; Sacrilege - Ananaias and Saphira; Nadab, Abihu, Korah, Uzzah; and all Wilful Sins of those who know the truth of such sins perfectly.

3) SINNING TILL DEATH AND BY PUSHING FORWARD THE DAY OF SALVATION which may never come.

4) THOSE WHO WOULD TAKE THE ANTICHRIST MARK though this is futuristic.

SINS NOT UNTO DEATH are so named because those that do them are basically ignorant or mistaken,
And God knows that the doers can be corrected so an emergency exit is opened unto them through believers' watchfulness, intercession and exhortation. Such people usually become awakened, surprised and repent.

Hmm thanks a lot brother, really appreciate...
God bless
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by ifex370(m): 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2018
This one pass me oh..

If God can give the word.. He can give the revelation to the interpretation
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
ifex370:
This one pass me oh..

If God can give the word.. He can give the revelation to the interpretation
Hmm thanks bro
I admire your sincerity

God bless
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Goshen360(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
....following but put in mind, sin is a process. Meaning you don't just see yourself IN THE ACT....scriptures say, sin is first conceived. I'll contribute later on.
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2018
Goshen360:
....following but put in mind, sin is a process. Meaning you don't just see yourself IN THE ACT....scriptures say, sin is first conceived. I'll contribute later on.
Oh thanks .. it's true that it's first conceived in the heart

God bless
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by goestohell: 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
cool
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
Gotohellosewa:
cool

Your NL Nick name is frightening ooo
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
Gotohellosewa:
cool

Any contributions sir?
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by petra1(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ferisidowu:

GOD BLESS

mrpresident1 flamingREED julivas enilove salvation101 jiggaz 5solas sciecewatch otr1 mimopel tomhagen didov1
Emmanystone petra1 joagbaje solite3 julivas Goshen360 ken4christ

Hebrews 6:4-6
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

it is popularly believed among scholars that sin unto death is total backsliding from christ . which also refers to the denial of his lordship. a good example is HARD MIRROR story if the story is true. such can never be restored. damned for life.

https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian#45183139

1 Like

Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
petra1:

it is popularly believed among scholars that sin unto death is total backsliding from christ . which also refers to the denial of his lordship. a good example is HARD MIRROR story if the story is true. such can never be restored. damned for life.

Wow never heard of that story, is it on the internet?
Can you tell me a little about it?
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by petra1(m): 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
petra1:

But then I don't still think it would be apostasy.. my reason being that...

The Hebrew church were contemplating returning back to Judaism... That certainly would be sin UNTO DEATH.. the apostle corrected them, charged them .. I know he still wrestled for them in his prayers as it his custom.

But if we view it on line with what John the beloved apostle said ... "If you see your brother sin UNTO DEATH"
I think Paul saw them about to sin UNTO death and he corrected them..

But John said I don't ask you to pray for that...

I don't say that it isn't sin UNTO death, sin that's the most sure explanation ... Just checking through

Thanks a lot
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
petra1:

Ive modified my earlier post to include the link

Ok thanks bro
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by MrPresident1: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
Let me read and learn grin
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
grin grin cheesy cheesy
MrPresident1:
Let me read and learn grin
pls we need your contributions sir....
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by ifex370(m): 7:16am On Jan 06, 2018
If you wish to have the revelation...

Pray for direction from the holy Spirit.. Then read the entire John.. The preceding chapters where build ups for understanding what that verse says
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 06, 2018
ifex370:
If you wish to have the revelation...

Pray for direction from the holy Spirit.. Then read the entire John.. The preceding chapters where build ups for understanding what that verse says
thanks bro. you done that already,??
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 06, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Thanks a lot dear really appreciate, God bless...

Besides did you see my email to you?
yeah i did sir.. I av reasons to continue with the discussion. U can see more ppl speaking up as i decided to remain resilient. Truth must prevail over falsehood nd as u can see he is already losing it
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 06, 2018
salvation101:
yeah i did sir.. I av reasons to continue with the discussion. U can see more ppl speaking up as i decided to remain resilient. Truth must prevail over falsehood nd as u can see he is already losing it

alright then
.... may God strengthen you ma
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 06, 2018
Ferisidowu:

alright then
.... may God strengthen you ma
amen. Thanks. I will contribute more on dis topic later in d day
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Julivas(m): 9:24am On Jan 06, 2018
Hmmm..... what a very sensitive question indeed

Basically, sin unto death is the one against the Holy Spirit. Someone who has tasted the Power of the Holy Spirit, but now go around denying such , to me that is a sin unto death. Speak against the Son of Man, it can be forgiven, but against the Holy Spirit, that is so dangerous especially to born again Christian.
Matthew 12 : 31 & 32
31 Therefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 06, 2018
salvation101:
amen. Thanks. I will contribute more on dis topic later in d day

alright thanks
Re: Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2018
petra1:

Hebrews 6:4-6
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian#45183139

lolz I already checked the posts...

it's actually funny cos the guy just deceived himself.. lolz he thinks God can be mocked, his post are somehow contradictory.. I also wonder how someone who claim to have vast knowledge in the Bible will be doing deliverance as if the what God sent him to do....

his problem is doctrinal folly

I'd try post a reply thread to his foolishness
just that such post takes a lot of time...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hitler Was Never A Christian And He Hated Christianity / Toronto Based Ice Cream Shop Mocks God And Christians. / Tani Jesu Nse - Jesu Ni Eni Ti A Fi Ami Ororo Yan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.