Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? (35488 Views)

The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale / Inside Putin's N180b Presidential Plane That Includes Gold-plated Toilet & A Gym / Wreckage Of A Plane That Crashed In Canada And Everyone Survived (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by mokoshalb(m): 7:25am On Jan 06, 2018
So you have a few minutes to decide what to do before a plane crash? Excellent! I say 'excellent' because you have a viable chance to save your life, an experience that has cheated many others from survival.

Remove everything sharp from your pockets. Loosen your belt and remove your tie or scarf. Remove high heeled shoes. Take glasses off for landing so they don't fly off so are available to help you see your way out if you need them.

Know where your closest exit is and a backup for the type of landing... some exits can't be used in water landings. Count the number of rows to those exits and try to identify any protrusions that you might use to find them if the cabin is full of smoke.

Stay in your seat until instructed. Do not open a door or window exit without direct instructions from a flight attendant.

Have a piece of cloth (preferably damp) to assist in breathing if there is smoke. If there is smoke during evacuation, stay as low as possible.

Follow the instructions of the flight attendants in their pre-landing briefing. If everyone is on the same page and understands what is expected of them, people will be working together to get everyone out.  Don't waste your time taking video with your camera.... LISTEN and PAY ATTENTION. If you survive with a video, it's cool. If you die because you were more interested in taking a video than paying attention, it's not so cool.

If a water landing DO NOT inflate your lifevest until you are actually at the doorway. If you inflate it and the aircraft fills with water, you will get trapped on the ceiling and not be able to swim underwater to get out the exit. If this happens, get out of your lifevest to be able to swim out and hang onto someone once out. Lifevests easily buoy 2 people.

Although you didn't ask, after exiting the aircraft, move well away towards the wind so that smoke and fire move away from you. Do not lie down in tall grass. Do not completely leave the area so that you can be accounted for.

All that being said, most catastrophic crashes are not anticipated so it is rare to get much advance notice. In those cases, if you survive, follow the flight attendants' directions and don't take anything with you.

Source: https://www.mokoshalb.com/plane-crash-minutes/

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by koolaid87: 7:28am On Jan 06, 2018
Say your last prayer

209 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by amnesty7: 7:31am On Jan 06, 2018
Is this part of your 2018 plans?

123 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Evablizin(f): 7:33am On Jan 06, 2018
embarassed

Just say your last prayer and prepare to die,then if you die good, if you survive better.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by nepapole(m): 7:34am On Jan 06, 2018
Nothing.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by tyup(m): 7:34am On Jan 06, 2018
amnesty7:
Is this part of your 2018 plans?
Lol grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Elmojiid(m): 7:47am On Jan 06, 2018
wetin u go do inside plane wey wan crash

23 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by hertz9te(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2018
my edo people can't relate to this....if the plane crash let it crash,,they're still flying to their destination ✈✈

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by bedspread: 10:09am On Jan 06, 2018
LORD JESUS PLS FORGIVE ME MY SINS.... I am Sorry for .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by GdexFolami(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2018
Alaye open/break the windscreen and jump o

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by skullzflex(m): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2018
Op is high on oshogbo weed

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by LilSmith55(m): 11:03am On Jan 06, 2018
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2018
smiley
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by onosprince(m): 11:03am On Jan 06, 2018
Ask for parachute and put it on. Then jump off the plane... Abi you no dey watch American movie

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by chillychill(f): 11:03am On Jan 06, 2018
damn! See kwesion... Well, I'll just start praying to God to forgive all my shortcomings n kip shouting lahi laha ila n la wink till my last breathe(I hope n pray i remember sha o cos e no easy o) cheesy

10 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Fynestboi: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2018
cheesy cheesy
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by NaoSlay: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2018
Look for a beech in the plane and collect a f cking BJ.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
Try ur best n rape one of the air hostess.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by veekid(m): 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
Call Buhari

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by zicoraads: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
Pray to God for forgiveness embarassed This thought always crosses my mind anytime I'm on a flight and it wants to take off. Or when we experience a turbulence mid air. I never ever get used to it grin

6 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Apina(m): 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
Pray, pray and continue praying until you can pray no more.

7 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by pinkcottoncandy: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
As long as u dont fear death..you are ok

Quickly thank God for life and ask for final forgiveness...and ask him to give ur family grace to bear without you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by jericco1(m): 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
do what you've always done.
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Vicintonsh(m): 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
.leave all these talks abeg
.just do an hashtag on your SM accounts
#aboutToDie
#CrashingIsABae
#HeavenCalling
#PeaceOutWorld
#PeaceOut

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by yanshDoctor: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
so easy on paper. but in reality.

5 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Femistic123: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
This one gidi gan
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Lexusgs430: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
Close your eyes and thoughts and hope for the best......
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by amunkita(m): 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
Hmm..

The only thing U Need to do is ask God For forgiveness, so that d gate of heaven won't Be shut out on you provided He has destined ur death that Way but if u live by his divine protection, go nd sin no more...

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
Start reciting awa fada who art in heaven...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please How Much Do Dey Sell Ticket To South Africa / Air Peace Promotes First Officer - Biodun Apata To Captain / 14 Places Not To Park Your Car – FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.