Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? (5911 Views)

Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? / Was The Trinity Doctrine Invented At A Council Meeting Or By The RCC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by gbigbega: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2011
I have taken time to read through about all the responses in this post. Its old but i want to put in my simple knowledge.

I see we all argue and derive formulars to explain the concept of the trinity. I think the answer is right within us.

During Creation, the bible says in Genesis 1:26 " And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness, " If we are trying to define the personality of God, I thinks it was all embeded in the creation of man. If you believe God made man exactly like him; Not just in his image but also in his likeness, then you should know that the answer lies in you.

Lets look at who/what a man is made of.

Man is made of soul, spirit and body. You can say man is three in one. What everybody sees, know and interact with is your body. your Spirit interact with the Spirit world e.g when you are asleep you go places without leaving your bed. Your soul is the real you. Bible says "the soul that sinneth shall die". This means the consequence of living in the body and spirit will be meted on the soul. It is the soul that makes the final decision on what you do, though advised by the spirit and the flesh. the souls is more like the head. Remember that the bible says “let us make man in our own Image and Likeness”. This means Man (the soul) existed before God decided to wrap him in his image (give him a Body like God's) and breath in him his likeness (give him a spirit like God's). So you can actually say "we are gods" like the bible also say (Ps 82:6, John 10:34). This is because of our absolute resemblance of God.

As stated above, God exist in this form, 3 in 1. He can function as one person, having the three in Him or as separate entity but united in decision. all in all, He is one person with 3 different personality in him just like you are. While man find it hard to separate the 3 voluntarily, God's personality can exist "independently" as God.

At creation, in Genesis 1:26, God said "Let us, " which mean he was talking with some personalities. It also mean it was not the decision on one person (so to speak) that brought man into existence. It was the decision of the Trinity. Though one, yet in a group of 3, Just like you and me are. Many verses in the scripture points to this. I will mention some

John 1: 1 -In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, vs 14- and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us,

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

Note here that Jesus was Called THE MIGHTY GOD, and also THE EVERLASTING FATHER. Jesus was referred to as the Father here.

Some argue that Jesus is not God because he said in Mat 24:36 that no one knows the day and hour of the second coming except the Father only. They say if Jesus is God, he should also be aware of the day and time. Again I will ask you to look at yourselves for the answer. Have you ever unconsciously sang a song that you did not learn, did not like or is against your believe to sing? At such time, you suddenly jolt out of it after maybe singing it half way. While your Body and maybe spirit refused to learn the song, your soul learnt it and even started singing it against your will. In this instance, the knowledge of this song was not revealed to your body. There are also times when you have dreams and you where giving instruction which you did not remember when you wake up. That instruction was meant for your Soul and not your body. For man, this is an involuntary action but for God it is voluntary. He is all powerful.

Sometimes we just accept everything by faith, which is good, but if we look closely, there is always a shadow of every spiritual thing, here on earth.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by ichuka(m): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
For there are THREE that bear record in heaven,the Father,the Word,and the Holy Ghost.and these THREE are ONE(1jOHN5:7).
Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by ATMC(f): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2012
JeSoul: ^Awesome btw grin

But there is no fourth member - biblically speaking. Or is there?
there is d fourth member nd dt is u...jesus nd god r one abi, dt same way u r one with god no be so? Na im be say there is god d father, d son, holy ghost nd god d u :-D quadrinity!
Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by ATMC(f): 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2012
@ deep sight, u 've really swallowed ab-dru-shin's lectures hook, line nd sinker...d same way d xtians did d bible...d probability dt neither of u-jesoul nd u- r right is 1. Dt's cos u r judging by anothers view...i suggest u listen to urself more even as u check out other's opinion nd views. There's no need for arguments cos d very thing u argue about, u have not grasped in its entirety.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
"The Jews answered Him (Jesus), 'For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make yourself out to be God.' ” (John 10:33)

Jesus had obviously claimed to be God. So just what had He said to upset His Jewish audience so much?

I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30)

He didn’t say that He was simply like the Father. He said that they were “one.” In verse 36, Jesus makes it clear that He had referred to Himself as the “Son of God.” Logic alone would tell us that the “Son” of God would possess the same deity as the Father. Man begets man. God begets God. The Jews, however, didn’t believe any of His claims. Getting nowhere with them, Jesus then focused their attention on the works that He had done and would continue to do. If He wasn’t God, He reasoned, how could He have performed all those miracles? He supported His claim to be God by saying,

“…that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father." (John 10:38 )

During the Last Supper, just after washing the disciples’ feet, Jesus made a bold statement:

You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.” (John 13:13)

The New Testament was originally written in Greek. The Greek word for “Lord” is Kurios, meaning “God—supreme in authority. Jesus was making the point that they were to follow the example (serving one another) set by God Himself. Later that evening, He reiterated His claim by saying to Philip,

“…He who has seen Me has seen the Father.” (John 14:9)

Perhaps the most direct and profound example of Jesus claiming to be God is found at the end of the eighth chapter of John.

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham as born, I am.” (John 8:58 )

This may seem like a confusing answer, but the Jews knew exactly what He was claiming. By using the term “I am,” He was making Himself out to be Yahweh (God) of the Old Testament. We know that the Jews understood His claim, since verse 59 tells us that they wanted to stone Him. He was claiming to have existed not only before Abraham, but eternally. We find the name “I AM” first used when God called Moses to lead the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. Not being crazy about the whole idea, Moses started making excuses. If he told the “sons of Israel” that the God of their fathers had sent him to them, what should he say if they asked, “What is His name?”

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by Sunabo: 9:12am On Apr 24, 2012
JeSoul: -The first diagram is The Athanasian Creed, generally thought to have been penned by Athanasius of Alexandria, a catholic theologian
from around 300AD. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanasian_Creed)

-The second diagram is more of a modern/numerical spin-off from the original that I think helps illustrate the point further.

I think we can all agree that there are verses that have been used for and against the trinity doctrine. Can we come to an accord that the above may satisfy both camps?
[color=#990000][/color] you call it the trinity but i call it the God head; the god head consist of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. The bible clearly teaches that each member of the Godhead is God; separate, distinct and recognisable personalities and qualities perfectly united in one. The father is called God(1corinthians 8:6 ; ps89:26 matt6:9 ect) The son jesus christ, is called God(isah9:6,7 ;john20:28) and the Holy ghost is also called God (Act5:3;4 ; Heb 3: 7-9 etc) from dis scripture, is is clear dat the father , the son and holy ghsot are three distinct persons. Co-eternal, co-existent and co -equal in power and divne attributes. The word of God in Gen the says God say that let us made man in our own image thats means then thats its more than one personality. Even quran in one of the suras allah says we told our porphet (mohameed) even i don't belive in al'quran because i have found the only true God which has power to forgive and give eternel life. forget any creed because creed will not save you but faith in the blood of christ to save
Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by lobatan(m): 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2012
sorry guys got a question did GOD NOT SEND JESUS AS A messenger and sent the holy spirit as a dove to affirm that. did the bible not confirm jesus as a mortal that was given birth to, feed, defecate, breath, feel, pain, bleed, die. do not let us keep those misconceptions of the past. jesus is only a messenger that came to preach the existence of an ALMIGHTY GOD NOT EVEN A RELIGION. OR THE WAYS OF WORSHIPPING HIM
Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by Johnchike(m): 12:54am On Apr 28, 2012
lobatan: sorry guys got a question did GOD NOT SEND JESUS AS A messenger and sent the holy spirit as a dove to affirm that. did the bible not confirm jesus as a mortal that was given birth to, feed, defecate, breath, feel, pain, bleed, die. do not let us keep those misconceptions of the past. jesus is only a messenger that came to preach the existence of an ALMIGHTY GOD NOT EVEN A RELIGION. OR THE WAYS OF WORSHIPPING HIM
That He did things like humans doesn't lower His status.
Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by Johnchike(m): 2:25am On Apr 28, 2012
JESUS always had the NATURE OF GOD, but He did not think that by force He should try to become equal with God, instead of this, OF HIS OWN FREE WILL, He gave up all He had and took the nature of a servant. HE BECAME LIKE MAN AND APPEARED in human likeness. HE WAS HUMBLE.(philippians 2vs6-cool
For the full content of DIVINE NATURE lives in Jesus Christ, in his humanity. HE IS SUPREME OVER EVERY SPIRITUAL RULER AND AUTHORITY(colossians 2vs9).
........surely, this shows that Jesus supercedes all in heaven and earth except His Co-persons in the Most Holy Trinity; God the Father and...God the HolySpirit.......Titus realized this when he referred to Jesus Christ as Great God and Saviour.....as we wait for the Blessed Day we hope for, when the GLORY OF OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST WILL APPEAR(titus 2vs13)......even before this, Thomas, one of the disciples(later apostle) who witnessed the glorious resurrection of Jesus Christ, called Jesus MY LORD AND MY GOD(john 20vs28).............John 1vs1 futher confirms it- Before the world was created, the WORD already existed; HE WAS WITH GOD, and HE WAS THE SAME AS GOD....the Word became a human being, and FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH..........God gave the law through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. THE ONLY SON, WHO IS THE SAME AS GOD AND IS AT THE FATHER'S SIDE HAS MADE HIM KNOWN.(John 1vs17-18)....................JESUS CONFIRMS THIS HIMSELF......THE FATHER AND I ARE ONE....THE FATHER IS IN ME AND I AM IN THE FATHER.(John 10vs30, 38).................CHRIST IS SEATED AT GOD'S RIGHT SIDE IN THE HEAVENLY WORLD. CHRIST RULES THERE ABOVE ALL HEAVENLY RULERS, AUTHORIES, POWERS, AND LORDS....also.....HE HAS A TITLE SUPERIOR TO ALL TITLES OF AUTHORITY IN THIS WORLD AND IN THE NEXT(ephesians 1vs20-21)
................(isaiah 9vs6)..Prophet Isaiah says JESUS WILL BE CALLED MIGHTY GOD, ETERNAL FATHER, PRINCE OF PEACE.
Re: The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 28, 2013
Trinity: three PERSONS sharing one (divine) NATURE.

Given any being, PERSON answers the question WHO? While NATURE answers the question WHAT?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? / Dealing With Envy As A Christian / Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.