Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe (413 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 07, 2018
The act of tithing is biblical, however, paying it to some churches is a sin.

Here are the points derived.

1. Tithe and offerings are allowed and biblical today because it is a tool God used to take care of the Temple and the early Church. Apostle paul depended heavily on it to preach the gospel. The wheel of the Gospel must continue and the tithe and offering instituted by God is the Wheel.

In the Old testament, God strictly instructed the Levites not to own lands or do business. They are to focus on the work of God. So God made provision for their needs through tithe and offerings to maintain the temple and prevent the Temple from being corrupted by profit making business.

2. God gave full direction on how tithe and offerings should be used. Only for the Temple use, payments for Levites work in the house of God and for the poor. Anything outside of this is a Sin.

3. Pastors who deep hands into tithe and offerings to create any profit making business is on his path to Hell. It is against the commandment of God that prevents the church from doing business. Infact, Pastors don't have the luxury of owning personal businesses as God directed the Levites against doing business except the service of God. Any investment by the church or pastor is sinful.

3. Paying tithes to Churches running businesses is a sin. If you have fore-knowledge that your church is operating profit making establishments and you still go ahead to put your tithes there, you are taking part in this sin.

Read from this post for more: https://bibleinquest..com.ng/2018/01/the-church-and-tithe-inquest.html
Re: Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe by Diso60090(m): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2018
Since 2017 announce by daddy freeze and there is nothing you can't do about it
Re: Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe by xreal: 11:03am On Jan 07, 2018
They say I shouldn't come to 'the presence of GOD empty'.
Is God after my pocket or my heart?

They praise those who ceremoniously pay tithes in church.

No one cared to know why I missed church last sunday.
Transport fare was high and couldn't afford it.

I am sure Evans was an elder or deacon or something in his church.
Re: Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 07, 2018
Diso60090:
Since 2017 announce by daddy freeze and there is nothing you can't do about it

How do you mean?
Re: Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe by Diso60090(m): 11:08am On Jan 07, 2018
PietraK:

How do you mean?

To stop paying tithes
Re: Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe by xreal: 11:10am On Jan 07, 2018
PietraK:

How do you mean?

He meant that Freeze has open the eyes of many.
Re: Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 07, 2018
Diso60090:

To stop paying tithes

It is not wise to stop paying tithes. Jesus didn't condemn the act of paying tithes. It is what the church needs to finance the work of God.

What is bad is how the churches make use of the tithe.
Re: Why And When It Is A Sin To Pay Tithe by Diso60090(m): 11:18am On Jan 07, 2018
PietraK:

It is not wise to stop paying tithes. Jesus didn't condemn the act of paying tithes. It is what the church needs to finance the work of God.

What is bad is how the churches make use of the tithe.

i don't pay tithes i help peoples and never wait a return from them

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Fasting And Prayer(28/01/2018) Day 18 / Police Arrest Onitsha ‘beggars’ Who Make N25,000 Daily / Rccg Declares General Sunday Teaching By Pastor Adeboy Worldwide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.