Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? (846 Views)

Political Science Or Sociology Which Is More Lucrative And Better To Study? / 10 Things That Happen During Maths Exam / Successful People Live By These 6 Rules To Learn Faster And Better Than Everyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? by Albertone(m): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hello everyone,I am to study economics for my undergraduate degree but I have been strongly adviced against it due to my weakness in maths.I was told almost everything in economics requires the use of maths,so that aside.Now I am to choose between Sociology and International studies even though both includes maths courses.I want to know which of them that has the least maths courses and also has better job oppurtunities.Thanks in advance.
Re: Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? by onlyme07(m): 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Albertone:
Hello everyone,I am to study economics for my undergraduate degree but I have been strongly adviced against it due to my weakness in maths.I was told almost everything in economics requires the use of maths,so that aside.Now I am to choose between Sociology and International studies even though both includes maths courses.I want to know which of them that has the least maths courses and also has better job oppurtunities.Thanks in advance.
Both courses have little maths involved. Maths is not a core course but in general courses which is usually in 1st and 2nd year.
Re: Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? by Albertone(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
onlyme07:

Both courses have little maths involved. Maths is not a core course but in general courses which is usually in 1st and 2nd year.
Thanks,What about the employment oppurtunities?
Re: Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? by onlyme07(m): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
Albertone:
Thanks,What about the employment oppurtunities?
That's a very big question. Both courses are lucrative but in Nigeria,you have to be outstanding and have more certifications. You diversify afterwards in Masters. I studied International Relations,enrolled for professional diploma in education and also Masters in Social Work. I did that to fit into teaching/lecturing and Social Work is hot cake due to instability in the world politics.
Re: Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? by Albertone(m): 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2018
onlyme07:

That's a very big question. Both courses are lucrative but in Nigeria,you have to be outstanding and have more certifications. You diversify afterwards in Masters. I studied International Relations,enrolled for professional diploma in education and also Masters in Social Work. I did that to fit into teaching/lecturing and Social Work is hot cake due to instability in the world politics.
Thank you very much.To study international relations,do I need to learn a foreign language?
Re: Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? by onlyme07(m): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
Albertone:
Thank you very much.To study international relations,do I need to learn a foreign language?
It's an added advantage not compulsory. I did learn french,still a beginner.
Re: Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? by Albertone(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2018
onlyme07:

It's an added advantage not compulsory. I did learn french,still a beginner.
D'accord,merci beaucoup.
Re: Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? by onlyme07(m): 7:57am On Jan 08, 2018
Albertone:
D'accord,merci beaucoup.
Oui..!
Re: Which Has Least Maths Courses And Better Jobs? by sageb: 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2018
Regarding maths, in sociology and anthropology u will offer statistics courses(both faculty stats and departmental) till final year. Whereas in history and diplomacy no such courses@op u decide what suits u.

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH Open Distance Learning Programme, 2017/2018 Announced / See The Reasons Why JAMB Will Seize Your Result. / Polytechnic Ibadan Post UTME Screening Form 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.